Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,307 members, 7,943,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (17248 Views)

Poll: Who do you want the NFA to employ of these 2 coaches?

STEPHEN OKECHUKWU KESHI: 14% (17 votes)
SAMSON YEBOWEI SIASIA: 85% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by babytoun: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
honeric01:

You are only quick to pick on just the league form, okay tell me, when he got appointed in July, how many league matches did he win?

When he took over, how many champions league matches did he win? undecided

you are our moderator here. na you suppose be our teacher. tongue You tell me the answer to the questions you asked. When was siasia appointed, and how many league matches did he play?

I am actually going somewhere but just answer my question first.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
babytoun:

you are our moderator here. na you suppose be our teacher. tongue You tell me the answer to the questions you asked. When was siasia appointed, and how many league matches did he play?

I am actually going somewhere but just answer my question first.

It's not a must i must know how many matches he played, you can check that up yourself, i don't have the time checking how many he played, but i know how many he won in the champions league (only 1 game embarassed embarassed embarassed), the local league i don't know unless i check, let me help you do the checking, go to supersport website, click on the Nigerian league section, you should see the games there, then start counting from july to date, you'd see how many games he won
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by MeGaStReEt: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
SIASIA

there is no competition here
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by GBT(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2010
Sia 1 all the way
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by solajacobs(m): 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
Former Nigerian international, Samson Siasia has declared that if anybody is good to handle the senior national team, the Super Eagles, he is the best man for the job.
Siasia and former teammate in the Eagles, Stephen Keshi, were short-listed by the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF for interview on Thursday for the vacant coaching job of the Eagles. Siasia had alleged that the interview date has been arranged to favour his rival Keshi and vowed not to accept any joint coaching job with his former teammate.
Siasia, while speaking on Brila FM early today said that in terms of rich credential, he is better equipped to handle the Eagles than Keshi.
According to him, “if the NFF wants to be fair, I think I’m better off in terms of exposure and better understanding of how to handle the job.”
Meanwhile, chairman of the technical committee of the NFF, Barr Chris Green has allayed fears that the expected interview for Keshi and Siasia would become a platform to hoodwink the duo to work together.
Speaking to SuperSport.com from his base in Port Harcourt, Rivers State yesterday, Green said the committee will interview the ex-internationals strictly based on the job application each made to the football house.
“Each of them applied for the position of chief coach of the Super Eagles and that was the basis up on which they were short listed and invited for an interview on 4 November.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/01/im-better-than-keshi-%E2%80%94-siasia/
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by teemee112: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
seunlayi:

siasia here, siasia there, siasia allover. Hmm m m, omo nigeria.
Hossanah today, crucify him tomorrow.
Remember what you did to Bertis Voght and Largerbach before and after thier appointment
Siasia should ask God to lead him. He should not be carried away by the noise. He is not d best, where is amodu that qualifers us despite of been arrogant for 2 world cup finals. No doubt, keshi is better than him for now, but if siasia is given d job, he should learn how to manage big p

pls choose 1
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by seunlayi(m): 6:59am On Nov 02, 2010
i have made it clear in my earlier post that i prefer keshi 4 now, siasia can come up later
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by dejyx: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2010
I love Siasa so much. But now keshi has come in we have to be sincere. Keshi qualified Togo with average players. Imagine what he will do with Nigeria who has Excellent players.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by spartarcus: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2010
Nigeria coaching hopeful Samson Siasia has been accused of trying to blackmail the technical committee of the NFF in its task of getting a credible coach for the Super Eagles after he alleged that the committee has favoured his challenger, Stephen Keshi.

Siasia made claims that the interview process scheduled for November 4 was cosmetic, with the assumption that the committee had already made up its mind to hire his former national team colleague Keshi.

Siasia had been penciled in for the job, but his negotiations with the NFF crumbled in September allowing former Mali coach Keshi to come into the picture.

However, committee member Festus Onigbinde has debunked Siasia’s insinuations that the interview process will only be a formality.

“As far as I am concerned, such allegation lacked any iota of merit, but you and I know that when Nigerians want to attract undue public sympathy or want to cause confusion in a situation like this, cheap blackmail is sometimes the only weapon available,” Onigbinde told Complete Sports.

“Let us consider it this way, I think it was widely published in the media that the Technical Committee would be inaugurated on November 2 and the interview in question will hold on the 4th of November.

“If that is the case, my question is, who appointed Stephen Keshi?” he asked.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by naso2(m): 9:09am On Nov 02, 2010
dejyx:

I love Siasa so much. But now keshi has come in we have to be sincere. Keshi qualified Togo with average players. Imagine what he will do with Nigeria who has Excellent players.

Are Malian players---- sisoko,diara,kanoute et al average too? Tell us what he did in mali? What did the "average" togolese players do at ANC 2006 in egypt? They did not get a single point from 3 matches. MALI finished behind ordinary Benin republic in the WC 2010 qualifying round and the corronated their poor showing under keshi by failing to make it out of the group stage in Angola.

Siasia has once been ranked the 15th best coach in the world by Fifa. Does FIFA even know Keshi's name?
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by olodo(m): 10:05am On Nov 02, 2010
@na-so goooooood talk. please if there is any comparism it should be keshi and Eguavoen. siasia is way ahead of them. and if he fails keshi will equally not performed any better.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by noru: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2010
Two of them are not good. they don't have anything to offer. Austine " Cerezo" Eguaveon should continue as SE coach. Afterall the best coaches we have today failed several times before.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by medjai(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
na_so:

Are Malian players---- sisoko,diara,kanoute et al average too? Tell us what he did in mali? What did the "average" togolese players do at ANC 2006 in egypt? They did not get a single point from 3 matches. MALI finished behind ordinary Benin republic in the WC 2010 qualifying round and the corronated their poor showing under keshi by failing to make it out of the group stage in Angola.

Siasia has once been ranked the 15th best coach in the world by Fifa. Does FIFA even know Keshi's name?

yes Mali is an average team with average players. Infact, they are below average. Kanoute's form has since dipped. Sissoko is no more than a bit part player at Juve and only God knows when Diarra last played for Real Madrid. Mali would have qualified for the quarter-finals if not for the head to head rule. They had a superior goal difference to that of Algeria and were only knocked out cruelly by the head to head rule. Even when Mali had an experienced foreign coach in Henri Kasperczak, they couldn't do better than a quarter final finish. Keshi has proven his mettle at the highest level unlike Siasia. Siasia was sacked at JUTH, Ocean Boys and most recently could not deliver at Heartland. Siasia has only achieved at age grade competitions where we even paraded over aged players. Not saying he is a bad coach though
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by bestman09(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2010
keshi
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by femmy2010(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2010
SiaSia
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
medjai:

yes Mali is an average team with average players. Infact, they are below average. Kanoute's form has since dipped. Sissoko is no more than a bit part player at Juve and only God knows when Diarra last played for Real Madrid. Mali would have qualified for the quarter-finals if not for the head to head rule. They had a superior goal difference to that of Algeria and were only knocked out cruelly by the head to head rule. Even when Mali had an experienced foreign coach in Henri Kasperczak, they couldn't do better than a quarter final finish. Keshi has proven his mettle at the highest level unlike Siasia. Siasia was sacked at JUTH, Ocean Boys and most recently could not deliver at Heartland. Siasia has only achieved at age grade competitions where we even paraded over aged players. Not saying he is a bad coach though

Thank you jare, it's not like Siasia is a bad coach but when it comes to choosing between the 2 shortlisted, i will go for Keshi anytime anyday, he has managed more strongheaded players than siasia.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
Kai. . .spambot dey worry for this thread o
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by mensdept: 3:10am On Nov 03, 2010
noru:

Two of them are not good. they don't have anything to offer. Austine " Cerezo" Eguaveon should continue as SE coach. Afterall the best coaches we have today failed several times before.

You are not serious. Neither Keshi or Sia1 have coached SE Sr team.

Ijot
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by mensdept: 3:12am On Nov 03, 2010
honeric01:

Thank you jare, it's not like Siasia is a bad coach but when it comes to choosing between the 2 shortlisted, i will go for Keshi anytime anyday, he has managed more strongheaded players than siasia.

And what has that done for Keshi, those countries, or the THE PLAYERS he's managed? Nothing
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by OAM4J: 3:20am On Nov 03, 2010

[size=13pt]I’ve lots of respect for Keshi – Siasia[/size]

Former Flying Eagles manager Samson Siasia has said he has a lot of respect for his former teammate Stephen Keshi as both coaches prepare to face the Nigeria Football Federation technical committee for the vacant Super Eagles job on Thursday.

Siasia, who denied criticising the composition of the committee, told our correspondenta on the telephone on Tuesday that he was confident of getting the post.

”There‘s no way I‘d have criticised anyone for a job they‘re yet to do,” the Heartland coach said.

“I respect Keshi a lot, right from our playing days and I believe whoever the committee decides to take eventually deserves the job.

”Nigerian football needs transformation and dynamism and that‘s what I intend to bring when I take over the team.”

The committee was inaugurated on Tuesday and has since commenced profiling the two coaches ahead of the interview Chris Green, Adegboye Onigbinde, Christian Chukwu and Austin Okocha are some of the members.

Meanwhile, Siasia has said he is concentrating on Heartland‘s opening game against Gombe United on Sunday, adding that he had strengthened the team with new players.

”I‘m prepared to manage the Eagles but I‘m not losing focus on what I want to achieve with Heartland,” he said.

”We‘ve signed young players that are capable of winning the league.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101103575012
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by OAM4J: 3:25am On Nov 03, 2010

[size=13pt]Keshi ready to parley with Siasia
. . . To assist him
[/size]

Super Eagles’ former captain, Stephen Keshi, arrived Abuja yesterday for an interview date for the Super Eagles manager's job, assuring that he would bring his winning aura back to the national team.

The big Boss as he is popularly called had arrived the country Monday morning
and went straight to his Benin home from where he flew to Abuja yesterday for the interview slated for November 4 at the NFA Glass House secretariat.

He told Daily Sunsports on phone that he was ready for the interview and restated his willingness to work with Siasia if he gets the job to coach the Eagles, adding that he would talk with Siasia and see how they could work out something between them.

“We are friends and have come a long way and coaching the Super Eagles cannot tear us apart. I just pray, he would agree to work with me for the benefit of the country. I have assisted many coaches and I don't see any reason why he cannot assist me. If he gets the job, I will not grudge him rather, I would wish him well,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/nov/03/sportsbreak-03-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by mensdept: 3:59am On Nov 03, 2010
At least we have two good AFRICAN coaches to chose from. But of course, I think Sia1 is the future.

Why didnt NFF take one of these guys last summer? That WC display still smells o'
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2010
Big guns line up behind Keshi

A slew of top former internationals have been lining up in support of Stephen Keshi's candidacy for the Super Eagles job.

Keshi goes head to head with former team mate Samson Siasia for the post, with both men to be interviewed by an NFF Technical Committee panel on Thursday.

Siasia enjoys wide support from among the fans, but Keshi is running away with the ex internationals vote.

Among former players who have endorsed Keshi are Kadiri Ikhana, David Ngodigha and Tijani Babangida.

All three have pointed to Keshi's maturity and experience at senior international level with Togo and Mali.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18603/big-guns-line-up-behind-stephen-keshi.php

Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2010
Mum is the word for Keshi

Stephen Keshi flew into the country on Sunday ahead of his interview for the Nigeria coaching position, but is keeping sealed lips until after his meeting with the NFF's Technical Committee.

Keshi is going head-to-head with former team-mate Samson Siasia, after both men were shortlisted for the post by the NFF.

Siasia is clearly the fans favorite, but Keshi also has huge backing, especially for his experience at senior national level coaching Togo and Mali.

But The Big Boss is clearly intent on keeping a low profile, for the moment at least "This is not the right time to say anything," he told KickOffNigeria.com.

"We have to wait until after the interview. After that, you can ask me anything and there will be enough to talk about."

Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2010
No dual role for Keshi, Siasia

Thursday's interview for the position of Super Eagles coach will be all or nothing for Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia.

NFF's Technical Committee chairman Christopher Green has ruled out suggestions that a compromise solution could be worked out that would see both men take on a dual role.

"We do not have any application for a joint coaching job," Green said. "Both men applied for the position of head coach of the Super Eagles, and it is for that position that they will be interviewed."

The new man will not be allowed to pick his assistants, either.

"It is the board's responsibility to appoint coaches for the national teams, including assistant coaches.

"That will be done in due course."
http://www.kickoff.com/news/18584/no-dual-role-for-stephen-keshi-samson-siasia.php

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

They Would Have Contributed To Nigeria Glory / Presidency Finally Promises To Pay Super Falcons Their Allowances In Two Days / Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.