Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,120 members, 7,880,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:14 PM

2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement (4069 Views)

Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi At APC Caucus Meeting (Caption Photo) / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2010
Actually, blaming myself would only make sense if there was anything that I could realistically do about the chaotic symphony, but I am only one completely unimportant, diaspora-raised, Ngwa youth (you all have even acknowledged this yourselves). So it's no secret to us all that my voice realistically counts for nothing. So I can't blame myself, but I can blame YOUR leader[s] for refusing to listen to reason.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by AndreUweh(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Actually, blaming myself would only make sense if there was anything that I could realistically do about the chaotic symphony, but I am only one completely unimportant, diaspora-raised, Ngwa youth (you all have even acknowledged this yourselves). So it's no secret to us all that my voice realistically counts for nothing. So I can't blame myself, but I can blame YOUR leader[s] for refusing to listen to reason.
The number one citizen in Igboland at moment-Amb Uwaechue listens to voice of reason. Ndigbo from all works of life asked him to make a choice on their behalf. He and his Oha na Ndi eze led by Ilomuanya/Edozien came to a conclusion that GEJ is the man. They know better than you and I.
Can you remember when Igbo students were asking them to make their opinions known?. I know you do not easily forget things. Not only students, their were other Igbo bodies which you might not have read through on the pages of newspapers.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

No need to talk with sentiment. Also, you have no excuse, Igbo organizations hold conventions all over the diaspora and voices are heard. The thing is you have to be on your A-game if you really are serious. If you think you are unimportant as far as influencing the minds of people that can make a decision that can effect Igbo as a nation then I doubt you would be on nairaland as we speak. You also say that they refuse to listen to reason, who's or what reason might that be? Remember you never gave an effect to contact them. Consulting various diasporan Igbo in the U.S., U.K.,etc. along and Igbo organizations who unanimously gave support for the decision they made is not listening to reason? Lets say you wen to a gathering and were in a hall with various diasporans and were given the chance to speak on a podium and you voice out this opinion of yours with pointers, do you not think you could have caused a rethink amongst those Igbos which would have effected decisions in other locations? If you think that you couldn't then you are wrong.It would be best to give help where you see help is needed.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by AndreUweh(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
chyz1:

No need to talk with sentiment. Also, you have no excuse, Igbo organizations hold conventions all over the diaspora and voices are heard. The thing is you have to be on your A-game if you really are serious. If you think you are unimportant as far as influencing the minds of people that can make a decision that can effect Igbo as a nation then I doubt you would be on nairaland as we speak. You also say that they refuse to listen to reason, who's or what reason might that be? Remember you never gave an effect to contact them. Consulting various diasporan Igbo in the U.S., U.K.,etc. along and Igbo organizations who unanimously gave support for the decision they made is not listening to reason? Lets say you wen to a gathering and were in a hall with various diasporans and were given the chance to speak on a podium and you voice out this opinion of yours with pointers, do you not think you could have caused a rethink amongst those Igbos which would have effected decisions in other locations? If you think that you couldn't then you are wrong.It would be best to give help where you see help is needed.
@ Chyz: May the peace of our Lord be with You.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by 1025: 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
The number one citizen in Igboland at moment-Amb Uwaechue listens to voice of reason. Ndigbo from all works of life asked him to make a choice on their behalf. He and his Oha na Ndi eze led by Ilomuanya/Edozien came to a conclusion that GEJ is the man. They know better than you and I.
Can you remember when Igbo students were asking them to make their opinions known?. I know you do not easily forget things. Not only students, their were other Igbo bodies which you might not have read through on the pages of newspapers.

@Andre Uweh,
did u say no 1 citizen of ndigbo? with this statement alone, ur paternity is in doubt. the igbos with a number 1 citizen and at the end of the day, a name that has no meaning whatsoever.
who is that uwaechue of a goat to speak for the igbos? where were ur uwaechue when obasnjo used chris uba to destroy anambra state? where was uwaechue when chinue achebe rejected obasanjo's national award.
tell that ur uwaechue that he is only a campeign tool of the pdp and he will definitely end up like his fellow thugs. if u have confirmed that they know more than u, then allow them to speak for u. we are supposed to be in a democratic setting where everybody speaks for himself. my father has no right at my age to tell me who to vote for talkless of a paid labourer in the name of uwaechue.
ur uwaechue, ilomuanya and Edozien are all strange names to me and make no sense. if u are informed, u shld have known before now that traditional rulers are not allowed to play active politics.
until u begin to reason like a man and stand on ur own, u will be decieving urself waiting for paid labourers to decide for u who will vote and support.
for me, i am matured enough to who to vote and uwaechue will only work for those who pay him.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
Andre, you're misunderstanding. What you're talking about is not at all what I am concerned with. Also, I really have no response to that comment of yours about Uwechue being the number one whatever in Igbo other than it's beyond disappointing.

Chyz, this isn't at all about my voice. It's about your leaders' out-of-place behavior.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by AndreUweh(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
@1025: For you not to know the meaning of Uwaechue shows you have problems with Igbo. Even my nephews who were born and bred here in the U.K knows the meaning and knows more about the man than you. What a shame. Why not BING OR GOOGLE Uwaechue. Am not sure you can attain any thing close to his illustrious career.
Uwaechue holding the number one post in Igboland means he is the number one Igbo citizen at the moment, go and figure. It is an outright stupidity to insult Uwaechue in this public forum, just because of his actions. Boy, you really need to stop that nonsense. Whatever the case, you are an adult, Uwaechue and Ohanaeze will not force any one to vote for GEJ. You can only take a horse to the river but can not force a horse to drink.
Yet, I still maintain that they know better than you.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Chyz, this isn't at all about my voice. Stop trying to divert attention away from your leaders' out-of-place behavior.

The further you comment, the more you look like a critic and a complainer without anything to bring to the table.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@ Chyz: May the peace of our Lord be with You.

Thank you. May God continue to strengthen your fight for the Igbo.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by maasoap(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2010
Some people are telling us that there is no zoning arrangement in PDP but I'm yet to come term with statement that Jonathan will end his tenure in 2015, then South East will assume power immediately. South South wants to use South East, no doubt. Secondly, do u think votes from these 2 zones will ensure that ur Jonathan stays in office beyond 2011? Has ur "Terror MEND" leader/defender even secure PDP ticket? May be u're not aware that d power of incumbency is falling him gradually. We want a Nigerian president and not that of Niger Delta. Ur Jonathan is sinking day by day, wake up and see things d way they are. What do u think made Jona take step to make his appointees delegates? But thank God, that one has failed.

Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
Some people are telling us that there is no zoning arrangement in PDP but I'm yet to come term with statement that Jonathan will end his tenure in 2015, then South East will assume power immediately. South South wants to use South East, no doubt. Secondly, do u think votes from these 2 zones will ensure that ur Jonathan stays in office beyond 2011? Has ur "Terror MEND" leader/defender even secure PDP ticket? May be u're not aware that d power of incumbency is falling him gradually. We want a Nigerian president and not that of Niger Delta. Ur Jonathan is sinking day by day, wake up and see things d way they are. What do u think made Jona take step to make his appointees delegates? But thank God, that one has failed.

Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 11:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
You're exhibiting selective memory, Chyz, because I actually have brought something to bring to the table. I've done much more than just criticize. I offered a rather considerable alternative (or did you just so happen to miss that?). Ohanaeze may not be my organization, but as an Igbo person, I have all right to speak when some claimed "apex Igbo 'socio-cultural' organization" takes any steps that are disagreeable.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You're exhibiting selective memory, Chyz, because I actually have brought something to bring to the table. I've done much more than just criticize. I offered a rather considerable alternative (or did you just so happen to miss that?). Ohanaeze may not be my organization, but as an Igbo person, I have all right to speak when some claimed "apex Igbo 'socio-cultural' organization" takes any steps that are disagreeable.

The bolded is where I'm getting at. Speak to them(Ohanaeze, WIC, et al) not "nairaland".That is what you call bringing something to the table.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2010
Oh, well, if that's what you mean by not bringing anything to the table, then you are correct. I have no dealings with the Ohanaeze body. It is not my organization. So I could care less about bringing anything to the Ohanaeze table. You though, very well could. After all, you acknowledge Uwechue as your leader, and you endorse Ohanaeze. So, I would like to think, that as a reasonable individual, you would take reasonable ideas to your organization. I've offered you (what I would otherwise think of as) a reasonable idea. Yet, you expect me to go out of my way and approach your own organization with the idea. Please, think again.

As an Igbo person, I have all right to speak out, but I am under no obligation to approach your Ohanaeze organization and bring anything to its table, when you or even Andre could otherwise, easily do such.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by udezue(m): 12:42am On Nov 02, 2010
Chinyen, yes u do have an obligation if not then why are u wasting ur time talking?
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2010
Udezue, that's a sad question to be asking. One doesn't need an obligation in order to speak.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 12:51am On Nov 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Oh, well, if that's what you mean by not bringing anything to the table, then you are correct. I have no dealings with the Ohanaeze body. It is not my organization. So I could care less about bringing anything to the Ohanaeze table. You though, very well could. After all, you acknowledge Uwechue as your leader, and you endorse Ohanaeze. So, I would like to think, that as a reasonable individual, you would take reasonable ideas to your organization. I've offered you (what I would otherwise think of as) a reasonable idea. Yet, you expect me to go out of my way and approach your own organization with the idea. Please, think again.

As an Igbo person, I have all right to speak out, but I am under no obligation to approach your Ohanaeze organization and bring anything to its table, when you or even Andre could otherwise, easily do such.

Sentiment gets you nowhere especially without action.You've rendered all that you've typed as pointless rants.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by udezue(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2010
Chinyen, if u really care then contact them.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 1:01am On Nov 02, 2010
Actually, there are no sentiments. I've been as factual as I really can. I haven't ranted either, but I have criticized and advised. You honestly can't expect me to approach your organization for you. That would be rather naïve.

Do you have a problem with anything I've said, because otherwise, I see no reason why you would want to debase this discussion by dwelling on my lone voice.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by chyz1: 1:03am On Nov 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Actually, there are no sentiments. I've been as factual as I really can. I haven't ranted either, but I have criticized and advised. You honestly can't expect me to approach your organization for you. That would be rather naïve.

Do you have a problem with anything I've said, because otherwise, I see no reason why you would want to debase this discussion by dwelling on my lone voice.

PEACE OUT
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 1:06am On Nov 02, 2010
Udezue, that is a good ultimatum. I would have to go and think about how much I care about Ohanaeze's future as well as the outcomes of its decision and the effects/repercussions (whether direct or indirect) that it could have on my soil, as well as other minor things, before I can conclude on whether or not this all warrants me approaching the organization.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by AndreUweh(m): 1:08am On Nov 02, 2010
@Chinenye: Uwaechue is a very approachable person. He will pay attention to you if you have any worries about him and Ohanaeze. To do that, get in touch with his secretary, this can be via Ohanaeze in your locality. Mehn!, I met him in person earlier this year at Ogwashi Ukwu. Just an advice.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by ChinenyeN(m): 1:13am On Nov 02, 2010
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by NOBLEICT: 4:39am On Nov 02, 2010
GOODLUCK

EBELE

JONATHAN

OK

wink

Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by igboboy1(m): 6:56am On Nov 02, 2010
NOW I KNOW WHY SOME IGBOS IN THE WEST HATE COLLABORATING WITH IGBOS IN THE EAST OR EVEN STOP ANSWERING IGBOS, ANYANWU, SOLUDO, AM BEGINING TO LOOSE RESPECT FOR EKWUEME SELF, AH AH HOW MUCH ARE THESE NORTHERS OLIGARCH PAYING YOU THAT YOU MUST SIDE WITH THEM OVER GEJ, THE SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST HAVE MORE IN COMMONE THAN THE NORTH YET THESE MORRAFOCKERS WANNA STAB GEJ COS OF SOME KUDI PROMISED TO THEM

HOW MANY CANDIDACY WOULD THE IGBO LEADERS SUPPORT? VERY UNDECIDED BUNCH UNLIKE THE IGBO MASSES COS COME RAIN OR SHINE NA GEJ ALL THE WAY IN ALA IGBO,

BETTER HAVE GEJ GIVE YOU GUYS IN THE EAST LIGHT AND GOOD ROAD THAN YOU HAVE A LAME PRESIDENT, I DONT CARE IF THE PRESIDENT IS IGBO BUT WHAT HE CAN DO FOR THE REGION AND NIGERIA AS A WHOLE,

DAMN
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by slimberri: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2010
Igbo kwenu! cheesy
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by AndreUweh(m): 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2010
igbo boy:

NOW I KNOW WHY SOME IGBOS IN THE WEST HATE COLLABORATING WITH IGBOS IN THE EAST OR EVEN STOP ANSWERING IGBOS, ANYANWU, SOLUDO, AM BEGINING TO LOOSE RESPECT FOR EKWUEME SELF, AH AH HOW MUCH ARE THESE NORTHERS OLIGARCH PAYING YOU THAT YOU MUST SIDE WITH THEM OVER GEJ, THE SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST HAVE MORE IN COMMONE THAN THE NORTH YET THESE MORRAFOCKERS WANNA STAB GEJ COS OF SOME KUDI PROMISED TO THEM

HOW MANY CANDIDACY WOULD THE IGBO LEADERS SUPPORT? VERY UNDECIDED BUNCH UNLIKE THE IGBO MASSES COS COME RAIN OR SHINE NA GEJ ALL THE WAY IN ALA IGBO,

BETTER HAVE GEJ GIVE YOU GUYS IN THE EAST LIGHT AND GOOD ROAD THAN YOU HAVE A LAME PRESIDENT, I DONT CARE IF THE PRESIDENT IS IGBO BUT WHAT HE CAN DO FOR THE REGION AND NIGERIA AS A WHOLE,

DAMN
Nwannem, jiri nwayo. I hate it when juniors insult their elders. Everyone has a right to make a choice. Do not insult them over their personal choices. At a time Ndigbo were undecided over the matter. But now, Ohanaeze has provided the direction that was missing. From 50 percent to 70 percent within 2 weeks, mehn! hope rising for GEJ. Thanks to Uwaechue and co. Not only in Igboland are opinions divided but amongst other ethnic groups. Respect biko.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by Akanbiedu(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
I think the Igbo people are now in a state of confusion. Serious dilemma in their hands. LMAO.

Joining a micro-minority to fight a majority especially when other majorities have trust issues with you is plain dumb.

The zoning arrangement is still the best for the Igbo. I don't even think it will come the way of Igbo in 2015 (more like south-south to me), but it will surely come to Igbo by 2031. it sounds long but thats what you get when go to war with your country. Igbo have to build other people's confidence first before ruling is realisable. Just then an opportunity presents itself, they are going to blow it on the account of One man's ambition. The man is not even a sagacious one at that.

Just so you know the Igbo people on the forum, your best bet is still with the Hausa-fulani of Nigeria. You might despise them, but they are surely the most reliable people in Nigeria.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by Ericology(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

I think the Igbo people are now in a state of confusion. Serious dilemma in their hands. LMAO.

Joining a micro-minority to fight a majority especially when other majorities have trust issues with you is plain dumb.

The zoning arrangement is still the best for the Igbo. I don't even think it will come the way of Igbo in 2015 (more like south-south to me), but it will surely come to Igbo by 2031. it sounds long but thats what you get when go to war with your country. Igbo have to build other people's confidence first before ruling is realisable. Just then an opportunity presents itself, they are going to blow it on the account of One man's ambition. The man is not even a sagacious one at that.

Just so you know the Igbo people on the forum, your best bet is still with the Hausa-fulani of Nigeria. You might despise them, but they are surely the most reliable people in Nigeria.

Shut the F up, We want a good Nigeria and not an Igbo presidency, We clamoured for that cuz of how your so loved Northern Idiots made it known to us that they were not ready to hand over to anybody, Now if GEJ or whoever wins starts putting things in order,,, eg,, an International Airport in Igboland,, Onitsha sea port, good federal roads and government presence in Igbo land,, then we are cool, FYI,, All the Yoruba Meat sellers and Alabarus(those carrying loads for Alaba Traders) lives were no way turned around during OBJ, a yoruba mans 8yr term,
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by Akanbiedu(m): 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ericology:

Shut the F up, We want a good Nigeria and not an Igbo presidency, We clamoured for that cuz of how your so loved Northern Idiots made it known to us that they were not ready to hand over to anybody, Now if GEJ or whoever wins starts putting things in order,,, eg,, an International Airport in Igboland,, Onitsha sea port, good federal roads and government presence in Igbo land,, then we are cool, FYI,, All the Yoruba Meat sellers and Alabarus(those carrying loads for Alaba Traders) lives were no way turned around during OBJ, a yoruba mans 8yr term,

No wahala. There is one thing I know about losers. They always lose. Do you know what they do after that? They blame the others.

And then they lose again. ah ha.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by Ericology(m): 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

No wahala. There is one thing I know about losers. They always lose. Do you know what they do after that? They blame the others.

And then they lose again. ah ha.

Ur definition of winning might different from mine, The nation elected ur son, MKO freely, they annulled the election, jailed him and finally killed him. then trying to placate u for his death they decided to let u have the presidency but OH NO, they had to select the person to represent you and not u selecting ur best brain, when u put forward one of your best brains(OLU FALAE) A worthy presidential material but they kicked him and the rest of u into the dust bin and imposed a rude and crude man on the highly intelligent and progressive folks like the yorubas, IF THATS WINNING FOR YOU, THEN SO BE IT,
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Caucus Okays Jonathan’s Endorsement by udezue(m): 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2010
Akandi-edu,
Its a shame NL allows morons like you to talk rubbish but then again you are entitled to your own moronic opionions. The East will back Jonathan. No we are not going to support Fulani. The last time I checked they are not born to rule and if you in anyway think they have more right to be in Asorock than us then lets dissolve this entity you call Nigeria. I dont know who u think u are fooling. As long as we remain part of that entity by choice or by force you will have no choice but respect our existence and no we are not playing second fiddle. Bastardd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Minimum Wage Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problem –lawmaker / Wikileaks: The Complete Nigerian-biafran Civil War File / The King Makers: Political Clout In The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.