Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,092 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB (6672 Views)

House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan / Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by r231(m): 12:44am On Nov 01, 2010
Pastor Tunde Bakare VowedTo Mobilise 12 Million Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB

LAGOS—CONVENER of Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, yesterday, vowed to mobilise 12 million Nigerians to campaign against the candidacy of erstwhile military President, General Ibrahim Babangida in next year’s election.

Delivering a lecture entitled The Interplay of Religion in the Leadership Failings in Nigeria—Which Way 2011?” at the seventh annual Adeleke Adejobi Foundation public lecture in Lagos, the fiery gospel preacher and social crusader, said: “If it remains the last drop of my blood, I will resist the candidacy of Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.”

Continuing, Bakare vowed that IBB will not be allowed to rule this country again, “because he annulled the freest and fairest election in the history of the country and now without feeling remorse about his action, he wants to come back through the back door and enslave the nation again.

“We won’t allow that to happen again.”

According to the cleric, the ruling party, PDP, is only a fraction of the country made up of about three million Nigerians who had managed to teleguide the lives of the rest of the nation, adding “the nation has grown wiser now and will no longer accept corrupt politicians in next year’s elections.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/bakare-vows-to-mobilise-12m-nigerians-against-ibb/
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by aljharem(m): 1:23am On Nov 01, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by jason12345: 1:26am On Nov 01, 2010
alj harem:

shocked shocked

you think its only the north that can gather millions of people? grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Osama10(m): 2:12am On Nov 01, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Guylan(m): 2:25am On Nov 01, 2010
Supported! grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by mrofficial(m): 2:42am On Nov 01, 2010
IBB in trouble cheesy cheesy . though I small when you been dey torment my country, na your story I read. Anyways, I'm in too!  grin grin grin

meawhwile, make una remove una profile pics and addresses ooo, IBB men are here. If not him go come assassinate una.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by vicknesh: 3:58am On Nov 01, 2010
to me i think pastor tunde bakare should not criticize ibb because ibb is a muslim and pastor tunde comment maybe mistaken by muslims as religious criticism. its just like an imam criticising a christian political candidate. i hope this wont make people in north to start killing christians cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Msgrt: 4:13am On Nov 01, 2010
But is not criticisim
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by alphabet43(m): 5:06am On Nov 01, 2010
@ vicknesh So you have to be a Muslim to speak up against IBB You make absolutely no sense. No one is speaking against Ribadu and he's a Muslim, just IBB. The knuckle heads fighting religious war do it without reason so what difference will it make. IBB must go!!!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Lalateeza(f): 5:14am On Nov 01, 2010
Pastor, what is your job?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 01, 2010
Pastor, face your church and divert yourself away from politics.
Ijoba orun n bo wa.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by alphabet43(m): 5:27am On Nov 01, 2010
Please, what's wrong with a citizen taking a stand against corruption, regardless of his occupation Nigerians, that's why we keep suffering, there are too many mumus amongst us.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by alphabet43(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2010
At least someone is taking a stand, I don't see you guys doing anything. Criticizing someone that's taking a stand although you agree with him. You should be taking notes and doing the same thing
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 01, 2010
i can assure u all, i will definitely be a part of that movement, onless IBB can give me my own share of the loot. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by daroz(m): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2010
IBB must go
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by samix(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ijoba orun n bo wa.

have u ever read the bible at all? i guess not because its part of pastors job to make sure things go right in their countries, did u ever read about king saul? a prophet was involved in his reign cos God sent him.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by hinduism(f): 7:00am On Nov 01, 2010
Pastor turn politician,fighting for his pocket to buy his private jet like other pastors grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i hope your church is up to 12 million people for only them can follow you to the match.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by jiniux(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ijoba orun n bo wa.

Ileke-idi, if this ain't been one of your post but some other person, i would have ignored, but this coming from you is just not real, have followed your comments and i think this ain't coming from you, something must be wrong, or is it personal with the pastor?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by manmustwac(m): 7:08am On Nov 01, 2010
Money talks in Nigeria. And am glad to hear that the pastor actually wants to do SOMETHING instead of just PRAYING which is equal to NOTHING!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by DonXavi(m): 7:12am On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ijoba orun n bo wa.
Being a Pastor does not mean he should close his eyes to the evil happening arid him plus he is a Nigerian. Man of God we're strongly behind you, IBB should go.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by manmustwac(m): 7:15am On Nov 01, 2010
And the masses doing NOTHING is the main reason why nigeria will NEVER PROGRESS.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by pete(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2010
You wonder why Nigeria is what it is today, folks are saying pastors should sit down and watch the country languish in absolute poverty, guess Fela sat down and

sang about Roses, Wole Soyinka should always sit in a small cabin office and write about only the "Jewels of his dreams" Gani should have worried about Latin maxims only, please WAKE UP!!!!!!

Imagine if all the pastors and Imams would all stand up and cry against our thieving politicians, If all the singers would all be like Fela for just ONE DAY and see if Nigeria would not be stirred in the right direction,

THE COUNTRY IS IN DIRE NEED OF SOCIAL CRUSADERS!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by pete(m): 7:18am On Nov 01, 2010
@ mammustwac, you are right on the dollar, you can't be any more correct. Nigerian masses have been so pauperized that, they now lack the zeal and courage to fight for their right. Even the few who tried are heavily criticized. It makes me sick to my stomach I must say.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2010
The Bible teaches us forgiveness, oh ye pharisees. If the man has begged for forgiveness then as true Christians, forget the past and vote with your head.

Whilst there is evidence that the "demon from Minna" cannot be trusted, DO NOT VOTE WITH VENGEANCE IN YOUR HEART.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by chase4(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ijoba orun n bo wa.

Highly dissapointed.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by chase4(m): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2010
pete:

You wonder why Nigeria is what it is today, folks are saying pastors should sit down and watch the country languish in absolute poverty, guess Fela sat down and

sang about Roses, Wole Soyinka should always sit in a small cabin office and write about only the "Jewels of his dreams" Gani should have worried about Latin maxims only, please WAKE UP!!!!!!

Imagine if all the pastors and Imams would all stand up and cry against our thieving politicians, If all the singers would all be like Fela for just ONE DAY and see if Nigeria would not be stirred in the right direction,

THE COUNTRY IS IN DIRE NEED OF SOCIAL CRUSADERS!!!!!!!!!

Ohh, breath of fresh air!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by supereagle(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2010
When good men close mouths , evil will continue to prevail. I support Bakare . It is only foolish northern Muslim that will support IBB.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by chase4(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2010
1stCitizen:

The Bible teaches us forgiveness, oh ye pharisees. If the man has begged for forgiveness then as true Christians, forget the past and vote with your head.

Whilst there is evidence that the "demon from Minna" cannot be trusted, DO NOT VOTE WITH VENGEANCE IN YOUR HEART.

What are you really trying to say?  undecided
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by A12(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2010
Supported IBB must GO regardless of his TRIBE, RELIGION, RICHIES/LOTTIES, ZONE & SHAMELESSNESS
vicknesh:

to me i think pastor tunde bakare should not criticize ibb because ibb is a muslim and pastor tunde comment maybe mistaken by muslims as religious criticism. its just like an imam criticising a christian political candidate. i hope this wont make people in north to start killing christians cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 01, 2010
@CHASE4,

I WROTE IN ENGLISH, The man has apologized ,so lets stop living in the past and seeking vengeance over that annulment issue, It's not ours to seek.

I am not saying we should support IBB. Only that we should vote with our heads and not by sentiments or just for the sake of vengeance.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by mahal(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2010
i wish other men of God would follow suit and speak out on issues of this kind that concerns a majority if not all of their flock.
i am proud of Pastor Tunde Bakare.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB by chuksme(m): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2010
people should mind how they talk. The matter here is not about religion or criticism,the issue is very obvious,this man IBB is among the people that made this country to in this very condition.Coming again in power what do you expect or think that is good that will come out this man in his regime again.

some one is saying that the pastor is speaking for his pocket.for goodness sack.this man is not looking for anybodies' money what he is very obvious,if you are a well reasonable,you don't need to be told.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LIVE!!! Israeli Citizens From Jerusalem Are In Owerri With Nnamdi Kanu (video) / APC’s ‘Snatch, Grab And Run’ Agenda Inimical To Democracy — Atiku / Fashola Seals Oyakhilome’s Warehouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.