Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,240 members, 7,887,682 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:17 PM

My Wife Is A Lousy Cook - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is A Lousy Cook (14585 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / My Wife Is Pregnant For An ‘Okada’ Man, Pastor Laments In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by slap1(m): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mobinga:

by the way instead of just uploading all these pictures you can link them. . . .like this  smileywww.nairaland.com/attachments/345326_Applause_gif9d130c37ee9afce01218fbbecefc2578

Lemme ask on his behalf: how is it done?
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Bankong: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dem say GOOD FOOD na money cook am. you dey givam money so? grin
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by donobi(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
nawa o what did she learn during her teenage& youth age? send her to her mama to teach her how to cook.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Yorisb: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2010
Squirty:

Be a man and cook for her, she may want to eat it off of you.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by tunde121oke: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2010
get a chef
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by slap1(m): 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2010
You were blinded by love, now the scales are off. Sorry sir. Send her to a catering school.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by damola1: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2010
A woman that cannot cook is finished, If I say ' I love you ' It means you can cook. If u can't cook, don't even near my side, food, hunger, chei, oga u dey try.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Ranoscky(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2010
Op, you really need help here and i believe some of the comments here would play a bigger role if you apply them to the solutions that you'r also gatherin to see if things can work out for your wifes cookin skills.
So many people have aired their opinion (of which some are also useful), but if you ask me, i don't think enrollin her to a caterin school to upgrade her cookin skills would be the best solution. How do you expect someone that sees nottin wrong in whatever she cooks to go for a cookin course, is that possible? To her, she would see it as an insult and will DEFFINATELY refuse to go. But, well, people are being judged by their behaviour but, somtimes we do change like a Chameleon. You can stil try the caterin enrolment but should incase it doesn't workout, then, my advice to you is to go and talk to her mom and give them somtime to sort things out for themselves as mother and daughter. Then if after long waited and no improvement on her cookin stil, then sit her down and talk to her for the last time to know if she can hear you out. If after all set and done, all what you said to her fell on deaf ears, just be the man that you are, stil keep the love glowin like sunshine and never show your anger towards her about the issue. Just fill your stomach with some good food when comin back from work next time. And when you get home, take shower and have a rest. If she ask you if to bring your food, you tell her that she shouldn't bother that you'r ok, and that you just need some rest to burn out the stress of the day. When you continue like these for somtime, i believe she'll come back to her senses and admit to herself that she's truely the cause of it. That is the only way a man can punish his wife.

Just my take.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by ROCKJ1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2010

get on your knees and ask God to teach your wife how to cook. could be a spiritual problem.
nigerians and their holy attitude, very sad.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Dsense(m): 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
OP.
Teach her ,Or set up some serious tutorials for her to attend ,U ll enjoy her wen she's perfect.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Smi1(m): 12:21am On Nov 04, 2010
wetin concern me and y'a wife wey no fit cook, why complaining if you can teach her or enrol her in a catering school ?
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by roymary: 12:39am On Nov 04, 2010
@OP,

You can't have it all they say. You don't wanna trade your wife for other women that has worse issues. Regular good meal is important but life won't stop if you don't get it daily.

Just don't call her a lousy cook to her face; that might nullify all your genuine affection and intentions towards her. The issue at hand is got a solution so go for it.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by mamagee3(f): 1:28am On Nov 04, 2010
Why don't you teach her how to cook?

Since you think she's a bad cook, why don't you teach her? or are you a bad cook yourself? undecided
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by ladygaga(f): 1:40am On Nov 04, 2010

ARRANT rubbish,

@poster, i think u are partly to be blamed, am thinking that at a point u made her believe she knew how to cook because u didnt want to offend her, then you went ahead to marry her, now ur stuck!!

fine, cooking alone doesnt make a good wife,but is a very vital plus, is this the way she would cook horrible food when the kids start coming!!

i think u should tell her she cant cook good food without mincing words , enough of the cajoling, then stop eating at home to make her know ur serious!!, how a lady(married woman at that) would know how to cook at least the basic nigerian meals beats me, very pathetic!!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by ladygaga(f): 1:42am On Nov 04, 2010

ARRANT rubbish,

@poster, i think u are partly to be blamed, am thinking that at a point u made her believe she knew how to cook because u didnt want to offend her, then you went ahead to marry her, now ur stuck!!

fine, cooking alone doesnt make a good wife,but is a very vital plus, is this the way she would cook horrible food when the kids start coming!!

i think u should tell her she cant cook good food without mincing words , enough of the cajoling, then stop eating at home to make her know ur serious!!, how a lady(married woman at that) would not know how to cook at least the basic nigerian meals beats me, very pathetic!!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by ladygaga(f): 1:44am On Nov 04, 2010
Be a man and cook for her, she may want to eat it off of you

for how long does shewant to keep eating off him,, like everday is for romance
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by isalegan2: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2010
OP, how bad is it? Have you lost any weight? Hope this does not get blown out of proportion and starts affecting your marriage. Good luck.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by agabaI23(m): 2:19am On Nov 04, 2010
teach her how to do it or hire a cook. you called her your wife not a cook.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 04, 2010
@ OP: I am an EXCELLENT cook LOL but I too have had my share of mistakes - maybe too much salt, not enough sugar; etc. I have been cooking since the age of 8 and I am now 21, that is 13 years of experience. My cooking has improved over time which is the case for most people, however everyone is different so with that said I have a few things you can keep in mind/ food for thought (no pun intended) you can use to help her improve.

- Take into consideration that your wife may have had little to no experience as a cook prior to marrying you. In this case bare with her. If necessary have she and your mother (or any woman- MUST BE A RELATIVE! there is nothing more insulting than your man suggesting you need help in the kitchen and then adding salt to the wound by introducing the help who is a total FEMALE stranger lol) have "girl time". Just explain to your mother the issue in private, and she can give your wife suggestions while they "bond".

-Also take it into consideration that like any other skill, your wife may have strengths and weaknesses. Take me for example. I can make a MEAN poultry dish, but my salads/ greens are bleh lol. There are/ or may be certain types of foods your wife is good at preparing and others she is not so good at. If this is the case, have her try different recipes that include the same ingriedients. That way you can enjoy her cooking and have a variety, until she can master her weak areas.

- You can also explain this to her in a tactful way. You can suggest a few things to her like "Hunny I enjoyed the roast last night. What is your secret?" then say "well you know I heard that if you add "so and so", you can get the same result but with a little more perkiness added to the flavor." (pretty it up more than that of course lol), and you can purchase a recipe book for her and the two of you can prepare the meals together.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by omena2: 4:40am On Nov 04, 2010
In fact WHAT are we all talking about here? Some people just decide to learn the hard way! Whatever you never made frantic efforts to correct during courtship would most likely stay with you in marriage. BE WARNED PEOPLE! Discover your spouse totally before tying the knot!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Ranoscky(m): 6:49am On Nov 04, 2010
^^

grin . . .My broda, your comment is kinda funny but TRUE !!!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Evagreenfields: 7:27am On Nov 04, 2010
Honestly,i can't believe some responsez av read here.its tradition dat a girl shld kw how to cook at least the very basic meals.i dnt subscribe with d whole 21st century bulls.h.i.t.she should hav being tot before marriage.its a basic requirement in most nigerian homez. . .except of course she grew up in yankee or jand.
@all those ranting abt how d poster shld go n sleep,am sure 3/4 of y'all are unmarried so i dnt xpect u people to understand.my 2 kobo
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 04, 2010
^^Agreed.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2010
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by jorem(m): 9:02am On Nov 04, 2010
Like other contributors have said, my advice are;

Tell her that you don't like her cooking habit,

Teach her how to cook the way you want.

If she fails to improve cook yourself

By the time you do that several time she will lean how to cook.

But one dangerous point you mention is that she's a very difficult persion to correct! you need to work on that before those suggestions can work.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by kumbalo(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2010
send her packing!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2010
@ Poster, eat out.Spare me of that crap, you can't eat out.Do u really wanna stay alive? Since women have time to perfect their looks and forget inner qualities and cooking skills,and we foolishly get attracted to those outward qualities, u should look at eateries and make beelines. I blame those dudes who ignore those things they will want from marriage, as if they are competing with other fellers to win over the women. Only u don carry go house and now you are complaining how she dey 'flash' only even as call credits dey her phone. I remove 4 chicks cellphone numbers from my phone today. O boy the whole thing stinks. Na man go work, go cook, go fuwadu again-early grave!
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Intrepid1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
Catering school ke? Dumbass idea!

Get a maid or something to do the cooking,
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by TRACK: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
I ate FOOD one day at a buka on victoria island Lagos.The food very very bad.I looked at the woman she is very beautiful.Then i wiped for husband and wondered what he (husband) must have being eating as food. My friend (POSTER), people have been candid to you, pls follow their advice.God bless u.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by gram: 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
ladygaga:

ARRANT rubbish,

@poster, i think u are partly to be blamed, am thinking that at a point u made her believe she knew how to cook because u didnt want to offend her, then you went ahead to marry her, now your stuck!!

i think u should tell her she cant cook good food without mincing words , enough of the cajoling, then stop eating at home to make her know your serious!!, how a lady(married woman at that) would know how to cook at least the basic nigerian meals beats me, very pathetic!!

Well Said, Lady Gaga.
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by Meldrick(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
omena2:

In fact WHAT are we all talking about here? Some people just decide to learn the hard way! Whatever you never made frantic efforts to correct during courtship would most likely stay with you in marriage. BE WARNED PEOPLE! Discover your spouse totally before tying the knot!

Rubbish!!!!!

So while courting and he discovered she could not cook, you advise he should have left her. hissessss

God created marriage for
1. Procreation
2. Companionship/help mate
3. Avoid fornication

@ poster
I quite understand the frustration involved when your wife doesn't cook to your taste. I think you should take your time and be patient with her but don't be afraid to express your displeasure. It doesn't mean you don't love her. Infact during your leisure hours, you could do the cooking and make her watch you. You could also allow her learn from your sisters who are good in cooking ( the understanding ones ohhhhh).
Re: My Wife Is A Lousy Cook by 4llerbe(m): 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
please if you are a parent, endeavor to make sure your children, [b]both male [/b]and female, learn the basics of cooking!!!
even if you have 10 cooks, compel them to learn!!! its a skill that can only add value to them even if they will not use it in their circumstance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ poster, you broke the first rule: HOW ON EARTH WOULD YOU GO MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS INADEQUATE FOR YOUR PERSON!
there are men, like some here who think that they don't require their wife to cook. fine they can marry one who can't!      not someone in your position!

you see marriage is not about the "love" (whatever that means to you) only. its about lots of other compatibility issues like this!!
a man who marries a double left-handed woman had better be rich enough to employ a cook, or be prepared to eat outside the home all the time.  and buy fast food for visitors too.

how typical, the women must justify the situation naw. including the equally inadequate ones AND THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY CAN COOK AND WOULD DARE NOT MESS UP ON THAT PERSPECTIVE IN THEIR MARRIAGES!!!   they will all open mouth here to cheer the babe on.
so the man now has to be the one to encourage the wife to learn! the wife is not intelligent enough to know that her cooking is bad and take steps to improve on her own!?

@ poster, my advice to you is to candidly tell this woman:

1. APOLOGISE FOR MISLEADING HER ALL THE WHILE BY MARRYING HER AND KEEPING QUIET ABOUT SUCH A MAJOR FAILING. if you spoke out during courtship and compelled her to learn it would have been better!!!
2. her cooking is bad
3. you cant stand it anymore
4. you circumstance dictates that the kind of wife you need should be able to cook decent meals for you. your meals at home is VERY IMPORTANT GIVEN THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO EAT ALL DAY!
5. she should try to go improve on it, she can try her mom for lessons unless her mom is equally useless anyway. schools can also be an option (pls bankroll the fees o!)

see if you cannot tell your wife simple home truths like this, then your marriage has very bad foundations and is very deficient. clearly your compatibility issues are glaring! your wife dey throw tantrums if you criticise and you dey fear? na wah o

Otherwise, which would be my better advice grin grin grin grin, is get someone who can cook to come into your home, call her any name, cook, house help, whatever,
seeing that your meals are important to you and are paramount, it will only be a matter of time before water find him level, and you "acquire" her as a second wife. that time your advisers here will be the ones calmly advising your wife to move out.   then you end up with a new wife who can cook, the other one goes back to her moms house to go and be eating MR BIGGS, EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

everyone has different requirements in a spouse, some simply want a bed-nician without more, some simply want a dress-up doll, etc etc.
a man should make up his mind on what is important to you and dont compromise on those attributes, any other attributes can be compromised.
if you need a caregiver/home maker, dont go marrying a bimbo simply because she gives good head and is easy on the eyes, na wife no be girlfriend

all these "i love you after se-x induced brain-chemicals rush" marriages sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

urg / Take Care Of Your Babies the right way. / I Have A Problem With My Husband Brother Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.