Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,825 members, 7,972,956 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:33 PM

Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing (2184 Views)

Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by kcjazz(m): 1:15am On Nov 03, 2010
No! Why not now?
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:21am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

egift. Lets direct your comment more to ourselves and noone else. We can however, give that warning to other if, and only if we are screwed when all was done and won fair and square by us.

@ Chyz1:
I agree with you on that. But the problem is that the rest of the country still see it as a taboo to have an Igbo man in the helms of affairs.

Imagine: even President Jonathan can't support an Igbo Presidency in 2015! Yet to get the support of Ndigbo he is floating names he have not identified with in decades!

They either support Ndigbo or Nothing and yes Igbos should sound that very loud.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 1:23am On Nov 03, 2010
chyz1:

egift. Lets direct your comment more to ourselves and noone else. We can however, give that warning to other [b]if, and only if we are screwed when all was done and won fair and square by us.[/b]

nigerians know better
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:26am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

No! Why not now?

In my opinion, we don't have much time since much was not planned on time to achieve that result. We are better off allowing GEJ and IBB to slog it out while Ndigbo make strategic plans to make it happen in 2015. And it will never come free - that's why come 2015 - Its either Ndigbo or Nothing.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 1:34am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

@ Chyz1:
I agree with you on that. But the problem is that the rest of the country still see it as a taboo to have an Igbo man in the helms of affairs.

Imagine: even President Jonathan can't support an Igbo Presidency in 2015! Yet to get the support of Ndigbo he is floating names he have not identified with in decades!

They either support Ndigbo or Nothing and yes Igbos should sound that very loud.

Yea but him and his wife( who is now magically and originally from "Umuahia"wink are lame for those fake Igbo claims tho. You are right for them to support us as fellow countrymen but giving the an all or nothing ultimatum and being loud throwing it in their faces is not the way and will get us nowhere but sink us deeper. What we should be doing now is planning for the worst and MAKING SURE we get the BEST( there will be no more hoping for the best in 2015).
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by kcjazz(m): 1:42am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

In my opinion, we don't have much time since much was not planned on time to achieve that result. We are better off allowing GEJ and IBB to slog it out while Ndigbo make strategic plans to make it happen in 2015. And it will never come free - that's why come 2015 - Its either Ndigbo or Nothing.

Bros, my advice to you is to inform the Igbo leaders to step their game up. Fix the Igbo states and we can be ready for presidency. Its not an issue of it is our turn, rather let us be united in one purpose to make the SE of Nigeria the best part of the country to live and that can be achieved without been president.

However, in the interest of my kids, I am interested in a leader, tribe doesn't make one, let us end the religious and tribal politics, the gains are worthless.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by aljharem(m): 1:46am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

Bros, my advice to you is to inform the Igbo leaders to step their game up. Fix the Igbo states and we can be ready for presidency. Its not an issue of it is our turn, rather let us be united in one purpose to make the SE of Nigeria the best part of the country to live and that can be achieved without been president.

However, in the interest of my kids, I am interested in a leader, tribe doesn't make one, let us end the religious and tribal politics, the gains are worthless.
gbam
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:47am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

I like that but if I may ask you in all sincerity - did other ethnic groups in Nigeria had to "fix their States" before getting the opportunity for the Presidency.

When it come to Ndigbo, it seems we are required to attain certain requirements before we are to be considered. Why
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 1:47am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

lovely
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by koruji(m): 1:47am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

- It will amount to equity.
- Nigeria will be transformed for good (igboman and being a genius goes hand in hand.)
- Supporting Ndigbo means you see us as fellow citizens too.
And many more all for good.

You need to come down from your high horse about that second statement, but agree with the need for equity. Who carried the mace to his village at the begining of our recent democratic rule? - Chuba Okadigbo. Let's give the Igbo man the presidency so that all this noise about Igbo "superiority" can be laid to it's deserved grave.

Nigeria's progress will only be achieved when a large proportion of our 150 million strong populace join their hands in building it, but a strong, visionary and people-oriented leader is a must. I hope we can find him/her among the Igbo, but not if you keep riding the high horse.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:51am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

lovely

alj harem:

gbam

Am not suprised you supported such shallowness. But why is it that when it comes to Ndigbo, we are required to attain certain requirements before we are to be considered. Yet you claim we are brothers.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 1:51am On Nov 03, 2010
egift

i admire you. its not just the igbos that are in this struggle, the yorubas and the sw are also in this.
obj was forced  on the sw. he did not even win his ward or local government. all i want now is a credible leader not a regional leader. i hope it comes from the igbos so i can support
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 1:55am On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

egift

i admire you. its not just the igbos that are in this struggle, the yorubas and the sw are also in this.
obj was forced  on the sw. he did not even win his ward or local government. all i want now is a credible leader not a regional leader. i hope it comes from the igbos so i can support

Thanks for your kind words. I am very optimistic that there are many Igbo who when the opportunity is presented will make a big difference.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by kcjazz(m): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

Am not suprised you supported such shallowness. But why is it that when it comes to Ndigbo, we are required to attain certain requirements before we are to be considered. Yet you claim we are brothers.

The reason is this. The North has produced more presidents (more inept rulers) yet their region is the poorest in the country, highest illiteracy and mortality rates. So basically no connection between been president and making their regions better even with Abuja, it is still zero. This is why we need leadership.

So, let the Igbos set a high standard for ourselves it is a good thing. We want a leader with a track record starting from Douglas rd Owerri to Aso Rock. A leader Nigerians will be proud of. We don't want people to make us lead them because it is our turn, we want to earn it and the only way is if we stop playing victim and make things work in our states Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri and Abakiliki.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 2:17am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

The reason is this. [b]The North has produced more presidents (more inept rulers) [/b]yet their region is the poorest in the country, highest illiteracy and mortality rates. So basically no connection between been president and making their regions better even with Abuja, it is still zero. This is why we need leadership.

So, let the Igbos set a high standard for ourselves it is a good thing. We want a leader with a track record starting from Douglas rd Owerri to Aso Rock. A leader Nigerians will be proud of. We don't want people to make us lead them because it is our turn, we want to earn it and the only way is if we stop playing victim and make things work in our states Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri and Abakiliki.

As good as that sounds, I don't agree with that. Its not the Igbos that will have to prove it will be the best before getting elected - Rather it is those that have done badly in the past that have to prove they will do better - in order to be given another chance.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 2:41am On Nov 03, 2010
egift:

As good as that sounds, I don't agree with that. Its not the Igbos that will have to prove it will be the best before getting elected - Rather it is those that have done badly in the past that have to prove they will do better - in order to be given another chance.

bro, its not about chest-beating. its about diplomacy. ndigbo, needs to form bonds with other ethnic groups may be ""minorities" or one of the ""majority""
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by mensdept: 3:34am On Nov 03, 2010
Well "come 2015" we need an Igbo president and from Dec 2010 to Dec. 2014 we can have one of the cows from Zamfara ruling Nigeria right? Why do we just manage and manage and then think 5 or 10 years from now those who are enjoying the status quo would get tired or born-again, and hand over to a "Igbo"?

Do we also want a Igbo president that would just be impeached and whisked away by his colleagues (remember all those Igbo Senate Presidents folks) or one too weak to make positive change (like OBAMA in Yankee)?

We need great leaders at all levels of government, including a culture that promotes honesty and patriotism in ways that people and their kindred would be ashamed if their son/daughter embezzled public funds
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by HighChief4(m): 4:13am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

Nwokem stop ranting, dont be fooled with that tribal thing. All the political positions that had Igbo person at the helms did just well, ranging from NAFDAC, CBN, Ministry of Finance, et al. If they can do well in all these departments what makes you think we wont make the best president. Until we have an Igbo man as the president of Nigeria things will never go well because those Mallams are so corrupt, they cant even help their own brothers not to talk of Igbos.

@ the bolded place, what makes you think we dont have the best place to live and work in Nigeria. Is there any presence of Federal government in the SE? What have they done, what major federal institution do we have in the SE. 2015 is for the Igbos and there is no compromise about that
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by kcjazz(m): 4:51am On Nov 03, 2010
@High Chief

Dede you are entitled to your opinions, all I am saying is it is time to stop playing victim and change the perception of we deserve to lead because we are Igbos. The same people you mentioned in Nafdac or CBN will not win elections in Anambra and that is the problem. Since 1999, every election year all we hear is Ndigbo will strategies for next election, , why not now?

Aba is not the best place to live so is Onitsha and Owerri and I have lived in (not visited) this parts of the country so I know (they are not the worst however). These are places with great potentials in both human and natural resources ore than most places and what have the governors done? As a people, Igbos can do better than this.

Anyone can aspire to be president but we need leaders for this country. Whether Igbo or Gwari, I don't care.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by chyz1: 5:50am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

@High Chief

Dede you are entitled to your opinions, all I am saying is it is time to stop playing victim and change the perception of we deserve to lead because we are Igbos. The same people you mentioned in Nafdac or CBN will not win elections in Anambra and that is the problem. Since 1999, every election year all we hear is Ndigbo will strategies for next election, , why not now? 

Aba is not the best place to live so is Onitsha and Owerri and I have lived in (not visited) this parts of the country so I know (they are not the worst however). These are places with great potentials in both human and natural resources ore than most places and what have the governors done? As a people, Igbos can do better than this.

Anyone can aspire to be president but we need leaders for this country. Whether Igbo or Gwari, I don't care.

Strategizing is key.All in all, we gotta give the nigerian people want they want.He has to be the best.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 6:10am On Nov 03, 2010
kcjazz:

@High Chief

We are not playing victims. If we did that's in the past now. Come 2015, Nigerians should have it well registered in their mind that if thing are to be, the smartest thing to dream is an Igbo Presidency.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2010
Ndigbo must unitedly insist on making this happen. Its our right, its our turn, we have waited for ages and have supported everyone else for too long. It must be grin
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2010
SAYING 'COME 2015: IT'S NDIGBO OR NOTHING' TO ME, SIMPLY IMPLIES YOU BELIEVE STRONGLY IN THE PDP ZONING FORMULAR. IF THATS THE CASE THEN YOU HAD BETTER ENSURE PDP DOES NOT DROP THE ZONING FORMULAR BY THE CANDIDATSHIP OF PRESIDENT GEJ AND THE POSSIBILITY OF HIM WINNING THE PDP TICKET. IF GEJ WINS THE PDP TICKET, THEN ZONING IS CRUCIFIED IN THE PDP AS HE WOULD STAY TO COMPLETE 8 YEARS & IT MAY BE DIFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO HAND OVER THEN TO SOUTH EAST OR THAT PDP MAY NOT WIN THE 2019 ELECTIONS. ON THE OTHER HAND, ALL THE OTHER POLITICAL PARTIES ARE CLAIMING ZONING IS NOT IN OUR CONSTITUTION AND THAT ANY GOOD NIGERIAN SHOULD ALWAYS EMERGE PRESIDENT.

IGBOS WATCH OUT FOR 2015 FROM NOW. NO ZONING, NO 2015: KNOW ZONING, KNOW 2015.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 11:03am On Nov 03, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you have read my posts - Zoning or no zoning (its even beyond party). Ndigbo deserve the Presidency. In 2011, others can slog it out - Everyone can vote whoever they want - but come 2015, it must be.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by hercules07: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Poster

What happens if other sections of the country do not feel the way you do and decide to vote for someone else, what will Ndigbo do? You guys better learn how to approach politics, you need to convince us to vote for you, if you present a good candidate now, people will vote for him, if there is a better candidate in 2015 that is not from the East, people should vote for him.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by HighChief4(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
hercules07:

@Poster

What happens if other sections of the country do not feel the way you do and decide to vote for someone else, what will Ndigbo do? You guys better learn how to approach politics, you need to convince us to vote for you, if you present a good candidate now, people will vote for him, if there is a better candidate in 2015 that is not from the East, people should vote for him.

We always present good candidates, what happened to Chief Alex Ekwueme during PDP Jos convention1999? Did you people give him the chance? With your rigging or not come 2015 Igbo man will be the president
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
High_Chief:

We always present good candidates, what happened to Chief Alex Ekwueme during PDP Jos convention1999? Did you people give him the chance? With your rigging or not come 2015 Igbo man will be the president
you cannot keep agitating for something like its your right with or without elections. the populace have to vote for the best igbo candidate and other regions in the country too would try to give 2015 a shot!!!

moreover, yu cannot expect the presidency to be ""zoned"" or given to an igbo on a[b] plate[/b] with ohaneze not respecting zoning.

its either the igbos respect zoning which can guarantee them presidency "easily" or they go through a democratic process with a credible, progressive and charismatic candidate which would move the nigerian populace to vote for him.

it either one or the other not both ways.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by johndoe200: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
hercules07:

@Poster

Aside from this, let's be honest most people don't trust igbo's to run a federal government. If there is an igbo president within one year or two at most, every one in the government will be igbo. This might represent an untrue sentiment but to deny it is to overlook the way things are.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2010
i think the right strategy is:

1) allow GJ to be president so as to break down the law makers in the north that have been keeping this country in bondage

2) start from bonds with other groups, there is no way you can do without forming bonds

3) do your homework well, and produce ONE credible and charismatic candidate

i think with those 3 point nigerian would vote for an igbo man grin
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by Dede1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
Nigerian presidency is a piece of crap that can not grace the fancy of any true Igbo man. Having said that, I must say that any Ndigbo person clamoring for GEJ’s dubious claim to Nigerian presidency in 2011 is first line enemy of Ndigbo.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dede1:

Nigerian presidency is a piece of crap that can not grace the fancy of any true Igbo man. Having said that, I must say that any Ndigbo person clamoring for GEJ’s dubious claim to Nigerian presidency in 2011 is first line enemy of Ndigbo.

does that mean ohanaze is an enemy of ndigbo undecided
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by Dede1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

does that mean ohanaze is an enemy of ndigbo undecided

Your guess is as good as mine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youth Earnestly Ask For Becommrich (yeab) / Nairobi Attack: President Kenyatta Buries Nephew, Fiancee / PRESS RELEASE: Pdp’s Manipulation Of Facts About The Suspended INEC Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.