Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,338 members, 7,943,838 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing (2176 Views)

Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dede1:

Your guess is as good as mine.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

bro, pls educate me.

i thought ohaneze speaks and protects the rights of the ndigbo like opc and arewa??
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by mensdept: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

bro, pls educate me.

i thought ohaneze speaks and protects the rights of the ndigbo like opc and arewa??

Only on paper and AFTER something has already happened.

@ recent Contributors

The debate is on and well thought of responses. What if 2015 comes and Igbo man is not elected/selected? Will Igbo response be 2019 MUST HAPPEN?

Like hercules07 said You guys better learn how to approach politics
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by HighChief4(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^^^ Now tell me, is it the OBJ do-or-die politics or the Nothern Mafia pathern of politics that you want us to go and learn. Anyways, if it comes to that am sure you dont want to see the wrath reaction of Igbos, we have stood up for our right in the past and that can happen again
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2010
High_Chief:

^^^^ Now tell me, is it the OBJ do-or-die politics or the Nothern Mafia pathern of politics that you want us to go and learn. Anyways, if it comes to that am sure you dont want to see the wrath reaction of Igbos, we have stood up for our right in the past and that can happen again

my brother,pls why this statement undecided

cheat-beating does more bad than good. negotiation and forming new bonds with other groups is the only way.

pls, we do not want the "past" as you said, to repeat itself. it does no one any good. a credible igbo candidate would be voted for.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by HighChief4(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
Jason we all want a peaceful environment for our children unborn, but the corrupt Northerners and their brothers have made the system so corrupt that free and fair elections are no longer obtainable. How many of the Nothern ex presidents came into power through a credible election. It is so painful when you marginalize a particular people and expect them to be happy with the system. Just for a few period they are not in power they have been causing unnecessary chaos everywhere and what do you expect Ndigbo that have not been there to do
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

my brother,pls why this statement undecided

cheat-beating does more bad than good. negotiation and forming new bonds with other groups is the only way.

pls, we do not want the "past" as you said, to repeat itself. it does no one any good. a credible igbo candidate would be voted for.

Ndigbo will plea for understanding where its needed, negotiate, collaborate, unite and partner where need be - but in 2015 hell will be let loose if that is required of us. grin
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by mensdept: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2010
High_Chief:

Jason we all want a peaceful environment for our children unborn, but the corrupt Northerners and their brothers have made the system so corrupt that free and fair elections are no longer obtainable. How many of the Nothern ex presidents came into power through a credible election. It is so painful when you marginalize a particular people and expect them to be happy with the system. Just for a few period they are not in power they have been causing unnecessary chaos everywhere and what do you expect Ndigbo that have not been there to do

Yes of course a marginalized group will not want to continue on that path when those who are not better are enjoying not only their eba but the marginalized groups eba as well.

But throwing Theordore Orji or Chris Uba as President to suit Igbo and Nigeria for the sake that they are Igbo will make matters worse. You'll be surprised that those Northerners causing trouble everywhere are united in that regard and not approaching politics with "People will dash us come 2015 or 2520"
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by egift(m): 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
mens dept:

Yes of course a marginalized group will not want to continue on that path when those who are not better are enjoying not only their eba but the marginalized groups eba as well.

But throwing Theordore Orji or Chris Uba as President to suit Igbo and Nigeria for the sake that they are Igbo will make matters worse. You'll be surprised that those Northerners causing trouble everywhere are united in that regard and not approaching politics with "People will dash us come 2015 or 2520"

Yes to the ones in bold. Am certain Ndigbo will utilize the opportunity to present the finest and we will keep close eyes on those (internally and outside) who will want to hijack the opportunity for personal gain.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by aljharem(m): 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2010
look igbos
we want to live in a democratic society
not a society were presidency is passed around in the name of zoning

one question, if igbo do not become president in 2015, what would happen

jason said igbos should produce there candidate now, but u ppl keep insulting the very clever man

instead of u to learn on how to negotiate and talk in peace, u keep making treats, why
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by HighChief4(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^^ What are you talking about? Is it not the Notherners that have based their campaign so far on Zoning? Why are they giving Jonathan Ultimatum to withdraw from the race? As for going for presidency now, I think that has already been answered, we want to put things in order 1st and we deem 2015 the right time. Meanwhile, like I said am sure you wouldnt want to know what will happen should anybody stand on our way come 2015. Its either we are treated as Nigerians or we secede. Biafra dream is still alive incase you dont know.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2010
High_Chief:

^^^ What are you talking about? Is it not the Notherners that have based their campaign so far on Zoning? Why are they giving Jonathan Ultimatum to withdraw from the race? As for going for presidency now, I think that has already been answered, we want to put things in order 1st and we deem 2015 the right time. Meanwhile, like I said am sure you wouldnt want to know what will happen should anybody stand on our way come 2015. Its either we are treated as Nigerians or we secede. Biafra dream is still alive incase you dont know.
smiley. pls don't secede ohhoooooo!!! grin grin grin

you are nigerians, but producing the president should come naturally not by force!!!

the people should see your candidate as a national leader not a regional leader!

i want to think what alj harem was saying was that ohaneze has disallowed zoning by supporting GJ and yet they want a president by zoning undecided.

but in 2015, i would support a credible igbo candidate
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by MShittu: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2010
I want an Igbo to win in 2015, but I pray its not one of 'em Theodore Orji negroes that wins. Chime'd be a good presido, in my opinion.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by T9ksy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
Quote from: High_Chief on Today at 06:48:19 PM

I beg seceed if you want to, jo! Who's stopping you? Enough with all these threats. Just make sure you don't carry your wahala into yorubaland, else !
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by eyesonyou: 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
I am very curious to know what will happen if an Ibo does not win the presidency in 2015.
You guys should spend your time understanding the political terrain of Nigeria rather than issue empty ultimatums.

Nobody is going to cede the presidency to anyone come 2015.  It's going to be whoever can navigate the political terrain the best.  The North or other regions will not fold their hands in 2015 and simply handover the presidency to Ibos.

Ibos must understand the need to form alliance with other regions. Without that much needed alliance, I'm afraid the presidency will continue to elude you.
Democracy is a game of number and alliance, the number is not just there for you guys.
You can issue all the threats you want, it will not sway anyone to hand over the presidency over to you.
A better approach is to form strong alliances with your Southern neighbors before venturing out into the center.
Re: Come 2015: Its Ndigbo Or Nothing by jason12345: 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2010
eyesonyou:

I am very curious to know what will happen if an Ibo does not win the presidency in 2015.
You guys should spend your time understanding the political terrain of Nigeria rather than issue empty ultimatums.

Nobody is going to cede the presidency to anyone come 2015.  It's going to be whoever can navigate the political terrain the best.  The North or other regions will not fold their hands in 2015 and simply handover the presidency to Ibos.

Ibos must understand the need to form alliance with other regions. Without that much needed alliance, I'm afraid the presidency will continue to elude you.
Democracy is a game of number and alliance, the number is not just there for you guys.
You can issue all the threats you want, it will not sway anyone to hand over the presidency over to you.
A better approach is to form strong alliances with your Southern neighbors before venturing out into the center.

well said my brother grin

i think before the igbos can be president in 2015, they have to form strong alliances with their southern brothers out of humility not pride.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polish Parliament Gets Its 1st African Lawmaker (naija Son) / The Coup Speech Of Major Orkar / Gov. Isa Yuguda(Years of Fulfilling Promises)!!! Bauchi-Pearl of Tourism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.