Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner (24706 Views)

Jamb Utme 2012 Registration,: (jamb Accredited Centre): With Fingerprint Scanner / Jamb & Neco Biometric Fingerprint Scanner U Are U4500 Digitalpersona For Sale / Jamb Utme 2011 Registration With Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by goldenray(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2010
ITS BACK UP. LOOKS LIKE THE SCANNING CRITERIA HAS BEEN REDUCED A BIT. A LIL' BIT FASTER IN PROCESSING NOW. THOUGH THEY'R STILL WORKING ON IT. DONT GET FRUSTRATED IF IT TIMES OUT OCCASIONALY
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by cybergold: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2010
The jamb portal is still very slow and something you must all know is that you actually require a huge upload speed to achieve great results. These cheap finger print scanners always return large minutae files as high as 500kb for u to upload as a combined finger print combination for a candidate, Naija developers should read and research more to ease frustration on the candidate's and provider's end, well, if they used high end scanners, maybe nobody would be on this forum talking about dificulties in scanning fingers!!

its a nice and friendly concept though.

Any one still needing the UareU scanners should pls get in touch, More are expected in by wednesday.

reach us on 08099500135
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by monsterg(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
Hi everyone,pls anyknw knws admision stuff at unilorin&UI shuld pls help me out.I wana knw hw they admit students.Thnks
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by dobis: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am happy to announce to you that A fresh NGO has introduced a package that will enable you pass your JAMB exams. Solution for exam faliure has finally arrived. I am writting jamb too and I was happy wen i heard it. this program is specificaly for UTME 2011, heard the package will be out by 2nd week of December for evry candidate to pickup. You can send you Name, your location, and your four subjects to mswng1@yahoo.com.
pls tell your friends, your sisters and brothers dont be selfish. thanks. You musn't pay to pass your exams
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by cybergold: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2010
''Opportunities are like morning dew. To catch one, you have to wake up early, while the world is busy sleeping''
Get a DIGITALPERSONA U.are.U4500 FINGER PRINT SCANNER TODAY WHILST OTHERS ARE STILL SLEEPING.
Biometrics has come to stay in Nigeria, We have come of age.
call 08099500135 to order yours NOW
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by DEBOLABI: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2010
FRANKPHIILIP CONSORTIUM
Dealers in all kind of Biometric Device
DigitalPersona U.are.U 4000 one of the latest Finger Print Scanner recommended by JAMB for the 2011/2012 UTME is now available in wholesale and retail
We supply to your door step if you want
Our price is very friendly : #30,000
Compatible with Win 2000, Win Xp, Vista & Window 7. Here’s a pictorial look at the scanners.

but best work on Win Xp
we will give you a copy of Java 6
latest Flash Player
Mozzilla firefox (the recommended version)
and give you also a little training about it.

08027656939, 07023737130

or

for your registration

if you are in LAGOS AND OGUN precisely (OJODU, BERGER, IKEJA, OGBA, ADIGBOLUJA, GRAMMAR SCHOOL, YAKOYO, SAABO AND ITS ENVIRON )you can do your JAMB UTME REGISTRATION with Fingerprint Scanner at D'NET CYBERCAFE, ISHAGA JUNCTION, OJODU-ABIODUN ROAD, OJODU-BERGER, LAGOS. (DROP AT OJODU-BERGER, TAKE BIKE TO ISHAGA JUNCTION AS ASK FOR D'NET CYBERCAFE ). For more informations call 08027656939 or 07023737130[email] frankphillipconsortium@yahoo.com, WE HAVE BEING DOING IT.

Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by adebayosun02: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
Wt all humily let us all try to help ourselves, the finger print scanner compactable with 2011/2012 UTME form registration cost N 20,000 (20k) fr my end here in Lagos, Nigeria as against the outragrous price called by a poster. It has been tested & result obtained. Delivery can be make nationwide all @ additional little cost. I can be reached on 08036484610 or 08026628524. Plz fellow nairalander feel free. Moreso, home & rural services nationwide abt the 2011/2012 registration can be rendered to anyone who want it.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by dearmother(m): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2010
If you want to register for your jamb 2011 with reliability, (FINGERPRINT SCANNER AVAILABLE) especially if you reside in KOGI STATE pls you can do it with unbelievable ease and at a very attractive price. Reach us at DEAR MOTHER CYBERCAFE KABBA KOGI STATE on 08037136230 or 07059581854 or 08121911111 better still e-mail us, dearmothernigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by goldenray(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2010
Hi all!
SOme of you might be jittery over the registration process especially as related to the thumb print scanning required on the Jamb site. Be rest assured that your registration will be duly done. The exams for Jamb UTME 2011/2012 has been slated for Sat. June 11th 2011. Two reasons are highlighted as the cause of this distant date: a) Enable candidates have adequate time to register as the thumb print stuff is bound to bring about delay and confusion. b) Elections of course.

So dont panic. Registration is just kicking off.
Got lot of calls yesterday as to why the portal was not accepting the scanned thumbprints yesterday. The plausible reason is that the site has been under maintenance since on Saturday, to improve the portal I guess, and as such it is quite difficult to successfully register. its temporary though and am sure once they are thru, it will be easier for candidates to register.
Take note that you need very good internet speed also. If your bandwidth is not good enuff, and you find sites like www.thisdayonline.com taking over 3 mins to load, get a Usb modem please.
Burden time for individual registration, even with very fast internet is 15mins.

Sori I ran out of Digital Persona 4500b scanners over the weekend. Got calls from interested parties. Well, they are back in stock and you can place your order now.

If u still encounter problems on the site feel free to call 08036442235, 08051779562
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2010
goldenray:

Hi all!
SOme of you might be jittery over the registration process especially as related to the thumb print scanning required on the Jamb site. Be rest assured that your registration will be duly done. The exams for Jamb UTME 2011/2012 has been slated for Sat. June 11th 2011. Two reasons are highlighted as the cause of this distant date: a) Enable candidates have adequate time to register as the thumb print stuff is bound to bring about delay and confusion. b) Elections of course.

So dont panic. Registration is just kicking off.
Got lot of calls yesterday as to why the portal was not accepting the scanned thumbprints yesterday. The plausible reason is that the site has been under maintenance since on Saturday, to improve the portal I guess, and as such it is quite difficult to successfully register. its temporary though and am sure once they are thru, it will be easier for candidates to register.
Take note that you need very good internet speed also. If your bandwidth is not good enuff, and you find sites like www.thisdayonline.com taking over 3 mins to load, get a Usb modem please.
Burden time for individual registration, even with very fast internet is 15mins.

Sori I ran out of Digital Persona 4500b scanners over the weekend. Got calls from interested parties. Well, they are back in stock and you can place your order now.

If u still encounter problems on the site feel free to call 08036442235, 08051779562

Thanks so much , I was one of the callers. I was jittery when it was saying things like unveriable, no scanners found and won't scan the thumbs to enable me proceed. Thanks again on the test date info.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by cybergold: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2010
Good talk Goldenray,  The exams are still a far cry away hence no need for any form of apprehension by anybody, both students and business owners.

I have also observed that the designers of the website are working round the clock to see a smooth registration exercise happen.

Concerning the internet speed, i agree with you. The file size of the scanned thumbprints is usually in the neighborhood of 450kb-500kb and that's a sizable data size for weak upload links.

Anyway, i wish everyone a nice day and happy registration to all involved.

For those living in benin city and environs, finger print scanners (Digitalpersona) are still available for you to pick up.

Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 24, 2010
cybergold:

Good talk Goldenray, The exams are still a far cry away hence no need for any form of apprehension by anybody, both students and business owners.

I have also observed that the designers of the website are working round the clock to see a smooth registration exercise happen.

Concerning the internet speed, i agree with you. The file size of the scanned thumbprints is usually in the neighborhood of 450kb-500kb and that's a sizable data size for weak upload links.

Anyway, i wish everyone a nice day and happy registration to all involved.

For those living in benin city and environs, finger print scanners (Digitalpersona) are still available for you to pick up.

Let them hurry, some folks for admission at Plateau State University want to register and use the reg number. So much pressure and confusion. Nigeria sucks!
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by chukymax: 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2010
for those having problem with secuguru hammster plus,should call 08063197141 for more information,errors like java runtime errors,low image quality,e.t.c.if u live in benin,u can register at infonet computer training institute,@ no 14 uwasota street.opposite edegbe house,benin city,u are welcome.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Drdonald3(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
The jamb portal is still very slow and something you must all know is that you actually require a huge upload speed to achieve great results. These cheap finger print scanners always return large minutae files as high as 500kb for u to upload as a combined finger print combination for a candidate, Naija developers should read and research more to ease frustration on the candidate's and provider's end, well, if they used high end scanners, maybe nobody would be on this forum talking about dificulties in scanning fingers!!
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by PREVOYANCE: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2010
@ferdii,please where and how much did u get the machine.u culd send me ur number so dat i can reach u if u are within my reach.thanx.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by adebayosun02: 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
with al sincerity of heart and humility of mind
my fellow NiaraLander, I wnt 2say dt we av run out of stock
on the "DigitalPersona (model 4000b)", due to demand,
our new stock is "DigitalPersona (model 4500)" thus, the
price has changed to N 25,000 (25k) as against 20k on my
ealier post. because it z of higher quality & more compactable.
Also, plz be infoemed that we have gotten virtually all
solutions to the problem/challenges usually encounted during the UTME regr.
Plz feel free to reach me on 08036484610 & 08026628524 on the abv issues
thank u for allowing us to serve u in anticipation
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by olokun(m): 12:59am On Nov 25, 2010
For whom it may concern, Unilorin Admission list is out http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/latestnews/AdmissionListforWeb.pdf
Meet me in school for all your online registrations and procedure for your registrations at MOTION GROUND( BUKET STAND) ask for Gbenga.
Call: 08076420262
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2010
PREVOYANCE:

@ferdii,please where and how much did u get the machine.u culd send me your number so dat i can reach u if u are within my reach.thanx.

Am in Jos. I have almighty 4500B but haven't done one registration. Some say the Jamb site is under maintenace and I don't ifthe scanner is the problem. I have install the drivers and windows insatller and .net framework on the XP. No luck still.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Evans5050: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2010
THE WHOLE ISSUE IS COMPLICATED,GETTING THE MACHINE IS ONE , BUT HOW MANY OF THEM IS ACTUALLY WORKING WITH OUR SERVICE PROVIDER SPEED, I HAVE THE SCANNING DEVICE BUT CANNOT DO ANYTHING COS OF BAD JAMB SITE.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by kabiru2m(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
angry this finger print scanner is making this reg more complicated.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by BenSwift(m): 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500B one of the Finger Print Scanner recommended by JAMB is available. For those in Lagos you can buy finger print scanner for JAMB online registration at the rate of N20,000 and for those outside Lagos N22,000 including delivery charges. Call me on 08035198975 or e-mail: bubencommunications@gmail.com.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by goldenray(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ Ferdie, Isee ur still disturbed over the Scanner issue and rightly so too cos of the perculiar demands by Plateau state Uni. Contact JAMB, Plateau state and intimate them of the situation, they are likely to advice the University to give more allowance to their pending candidates else they might end up having very few students cos its a general problem. NOBODY IS REGISTERING NOW! Unless if the person is the most patient human on earth cos he has to keeep refreshing and refreshing until the scanner connects. I was watching a movie and connecting with mine, just toying with it and using my own prints. I was almost at the end of the movie when it finally accepted the prints! Over 80mins. The comedy of it? I cld not even proceed cos it was my own print! I started registration early and have been able to register about 50 candidates. Since monday however, I am yet to register a single one!

I have contacted an Administrator of the site and hopefully I'd get a feedback on the whole mess tomorrow. Kip your fingers crossed. Remember, as long as its affecting majority, you are safe. I'll kip u guys posted on developments 2mr.

As for now, lets sit back and enjoy watching JAMB try to untangle out of the mess they have plodded themselves with the fingerprint stuff.
For those who are not too pissed at JAMB to get the approved Scanners, I got them still. Refer to earlier post for details.

Ciao!
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by goldenray(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
you can now register!!! wink
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Danny4u(m): 8:14am On Nov 26, 2010
undecided what is the name of
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Danny4u(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2010
undecided what site are we to register for nxt yr jamb
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by G4CEigando: 11:19am On Nov 26, 2010
it is totally untrue that registration is difficult. come over to gforce cyberworld, feyi complex (beside igando police station)at igando lagos to register with ease! call 07086547583
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Evans5050: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by daragrams(m): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
Compliment of the day, i really enjoy this a lot because its affecting everybody. if it were only me i would have thought i had made the wrong choice of fingerprint scanner.

my scanner is digitalpersona u.are.u 4000B, I will like to know if anybody has used this finger print scanner to register at the jamb website?

looking forward to your responses
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2010
daragrams:

Compliment of the day, i really enjoy this a lot because its affecting everybody. if it were only me i would have thought i had made the wrong choice of fingerprint scanner.

my scanner is digitalpersona u.are.u 4000B, I will like to know if anybody has used this finger print scanner to register at the jamb website?

looking forward to your responses

People have used it but since last Monday, the site has been unable to work with any scanner. Programmers are not on top of their game. Please do not harm ur scanner. That is what I have and I haven't used it and no way to test it outside JAMB site. People! Anyway to confirm at least it works-u.are.u 4500B DigitalPersona?
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2010
G4CEigando:

it is totally untrue that registration is difficult. come over to gforce cyberworld, feyi complex (beside igando police station)at igando lagos to register with ease! call 07086547583

post the one u did yesterday. They will come now and u begin story.
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner by DEBOLABI: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2010
Re: Jamb (utme2011) Fingerprint Scanner
« #70 on: November 21, 2010, 04:08 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRANKPHIILIP CONSORTIUM
Dealers in all kind of Biometric Device
DigitalPersona U.are.U 4000 one of the latest Finger Print Scanner recommended by JAMB for the 2011/2012 UTME is now available in wholesale and retail
We supply to your door step if you want
Our price is very friendly : #30,000
Compatible with Win 2000, Win Xp, Vista & Window 7. Here’s a pictorial look at the scanners.

but best work on Win Xp
we will give you a copy of Java 6
latest Flash Player
Mozzilla firefox (the recommended version)
and give you also a little training about it.

08027656939, 07023737130

or

for your registration

if you are in LAGOS AND OGUN precisely (OJODU, BERGER, IKEJA, OGBA, ADIGBOLUJA, GRAMMAR SCHOOL, YAKOYO, SAABO AND ITS ENVIRON )you can do your JAMB UTME REGISTRATION with Fingerprint Scanner at D'NET CYBERCAFE, ISHAGA JUNCTION, OJODU-ABIODUN ROAD, OJODU-BERGER, LAGOS. (DROP AT OJODU-BERGER, TAKE BIKE TO ISHAGA JUNCTION AS ASK FOR D'NET CYBERCAFE ). For more informations call 08027656939 or 07023737130[email] frankphillipconsortium@yahoo.com, WE HAVE BEING DOING IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ceiling Fan Falls During A Lecture At UNILAG Yesterday / University Of Abuja Girls Hostel Was Burnt Down. / Osun Teacher, Akiyemi Philip Suspended For ‘Insulting’ Governor Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.