Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,716 members, 7,914,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old (20517 Views)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Is 70 Years Old Today / Theodore Orji To EFCC: I Am Vulnerable To COVID-19, I'm Above 70 Years / Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by piagetskinner(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Religion and corruption has finished us in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Kyllahmc(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
China is 70yrs old? Lol... Forget official date Bro... China has been a nation and knownn civilization thousands of years before the territory we call Nigeria knew what wearing clothes meant...

China is way old bro... One of the oldest organized and even standard civilization the world has ever known...

Yeah I get your point and you are right! 59yrs should be way more than enough to build a decent nation, yeah Nigeria is a failed nation. But don't compare Nigeria to China... In fact you should compare Nigeria to United States that was built yesterday before comparing it China...

China? That nation na fossil oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by gnykelly(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
raker300 copying China model will fail... We for the past 59 years copy Western ideas such as democracy and capitalism we failed... What we need is home grown solutions.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by princety24(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
That is what insecurity has caused someone. Small house see the size of padlock
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MikeBetty(m): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
nakaman:
nice write up. But in china 90% of their population speak mandarine. In Nigeria 1km is another language. Their is no unity, if the whole nigeria were to speak fulani/hausa then they can adapt. Its impossible
Must Everybody Speak Hausa/fulani? Dont We Have Pigeon English Everybody Understands? Our Problem Is Leadership Period.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by lakesider(m): 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
The real problem of Nigeria is putting illiterate in sensitive positions. eg OP.
China is not 70
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Cousin9999: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
timesup234:
clap for yourself dundee united

Get off NL, Chinese devil.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by KuwaiitiDinar: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
If Nigeria Can get a country they will be sending poison every week to eat, get fat and fall sick as China is doing to the US, I believe Nigeria will look better than they are today .... better way to learn from China!!!
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by PetroDollaxxxx: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
At least appreciate countries that are doing well. Basic amenities n infrastructure my azz. The only infrastructure Nigerians are known for, is stom@ch infrastructure

MASTERCHIEF0847:

Yes Rwanda , Ghana are making progress but these countries still lack basic amenities and infrastructure. I don't know what aboki countries are but am talking development in terms of infrastructure and economics these countries are still way below the poverty line so?
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by EdiskyHarry: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
the truth is Dat Nigeria was never a one country, it was brought together as one country as a result of the selfish interest of the British government, all we need is to correct the error, let the northerners stand on their own, let IPOB stand on their own, let the yorubas stand on their own, let Niger delta stand on their own,, then all these problems will be history
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by themanderon: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
What have they been learning for almost 60yrs and what do you think they can learn that will make them be like China?
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
UniQue84:
hello sir, pls can you show me how to write using color, bold and size with examples for comments and signature...like urs .. Thanks in anticipation.

When you quoted me you should have seen it in the box

I will quote you again so you can see it properly, I'll put dot, that is ''.'' a.k.a kpom or full stop

The dot will be red, just coppy it, and remove the dot and replace it with what ever you want to write on nairaland. also remove the quote

I don't know how to tell you, it's just there on nairaland
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
UniQue84:
hello sir, pls can you show me how to write using color, bold and size with examples for comments and signature...like urs .. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Jahskid24(m): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
there JAH why can't u just take me out of this damn f*cking settlement called nigeria
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Slimpotter(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
gidgiddy:

Upon that, China is a one party state that does not practice democracy
And what does democracy have to do with this.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

That is not an excuse. What of Malaysia and Singapore that have a combination of Malays, Chinese, Indians and other ethnic groups as citizens?
Diversity cannot stop a determined people from development. Nigeria is not a serious nation.

Religion is their unifying factor in those countries. Majority are Muslims. For a country to develop there must be a cultural factor that unite people be it religion or language. Nothing unites.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

That is not an excuse. What of Malaysia and Singapore that have a combination of Malays, Chinese, Indians and other ethnic groups as citizens?
Diversity cannot stop a determined people from development. Nigeria is not a serious nation.

Religion is their unifying factor in those countries. Majority are Muslims in Malaysia while in Singapore majority are Chinese. For a country to develop there must be a cultural factor that unite people be it religion or language. Nothing unites.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Slimpotter(m): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
announcement:

Is that an excuse for Nigeria NOT to get its onions right after 59 year of independence? NIGERIA AS A GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION VIA EXISTENCE OF EACH STATE HAS BEEN EXISTING MORE THAN 300 YEAR. ...WHY HAVEN'T THOSE STATES DEVELOPED?
Leave them, they want to claim they know Chinese history by comparing ancient China to independent Nigeria.
They know history so much and didn't know how the western powers exploited the Chinese people, nor they didn't know the Chinese experienced famine and given their population had enough pressure to cater for it's people. China didn't even begin it's economic growth until 40 years ago, so forget all this long story they're giving, for a country to lift close to a billion people out of extreme poverty is no small feat, compared to 200 million, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Slimpotter(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
emeritus00:
You forget to narrate the whole story. 30 million Chinese died as result of the country policy to ensure that everything was produced locally and closed the country to external goods. Things were very hard for them but they eventually come out bigger. The same Nigeria wanted to do but we couldnt endure. Politics and ethnicity in Nigeria would not allow us to unite and make decisive steps.

The Great leap forward was not because of the country trying to produce anything locally, go and read on the Great leap forward.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by Judybash93(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
DeZoro:
This is master piece. China have designed this economy to only suit their citizen and not other else. May God help Nigeria.

And these is where our problem lies.... God God God
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

Religion is their unifying factor in those countries. Majority are Muslims in Malaysia while in Singapore majority are Chinese. For a country to develop there must be a cultural factor that unite people be it religion or language. Nothing unites.

What is the cultural factor that unites Americans?
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

What is the cultural factor that unites Americans?
Ethinicity and language are main factor. Religion is next. More than 70% of Americans are Caucasians. Also,more than 70% are Christians. National language is English.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

Ethinicity and language are main factor. Religion is next. More than 70% of Americans are Caucasians. Also,more than 70% are Christians. National language is English.

More than 70% are not Caucasian. Also being Caucasian is more of a genetic/racial thing rather than cultural, you're getting it all mixed up.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

More than 70% are not Caucasian. Also being Caucasian is more of a genetic/racial thing rather than cultural, you're getting it all mixed up.

Try to check US statistics. I would not argue with you.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

Try to check US statistics. I would not argue with you.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

Don't change the narrative, am still on it that diversity doesn't hinder development.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Don't change the narrative, am still on it that diversity doesn't hinder development.
What unites America are language, religion and ethnicity.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Yes it does not but there must be unifying factor. Is there any factor unifying us? NO. Religion and language are cultural factors dividing us. I have not seen any developed nation without either of the two factors unifying them.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

Yes it does not but there must be unifying factor. Is there any factor unifying us? NO. Religion and language are cultural factors dividing us. I have not seen any developed nation without either of the two factors unifying them.

Malaysia: Malays are 65% of the population and Muslim, Chinese are 20% and Buddhist, Indians 10% and Hindu while the rest others are Christians.
What will you say is their unifying factor?
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

What unites America are language, religion and ethnicity.

So you see there is no single unifying factor but several factors. Why is our case different?
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Malaysia: Malays are 65% of the population and Muslim, Chinese are 20% and Buddhist, Indians 10% and Hindu while the rest others are Christians.
What will you say is their unifying factor?

Language and religion are unifying factors. Other are minorities
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by capitalzero: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So you see there is no single unifying factor but several factors. Why is our case different?

There are many unifying factors. Most developed nations have more than unifying factors. In nigeria, there is none. In 70s or 80s,Tai Solarin suggested we should have a national language-Pidgin or British English and there must be mass education of adults to speak the language. Also basic education must be compulsory and free. Then because of his philosophy as atheist nobody listed to him.
Now for Nigeria to develop there must be at least a unifying factor. Which factor can unite us? I cannot see any. Therefore I do not see Nigeria moving forward.
Re: Nigeria At 59: What We Can Learn From China That Is 70 Years Old by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:

Language and religion are unifying factors. Other are minorities

Language is not a unifying factor, Malays speak bahasa melayu, Chinese speak mandarin and the Indians speak tamil and hindu. Also they have different religions.
Nigerians are not just serious simple. No excuses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / Court Bars Ekwunife From Anambra Central Senatorial Re-run / Police Deploy Air Assets Along Abuja-Kaduna Highway To Fight Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.