Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,202 members, 7,933,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:23 PM

Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice (23953 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes 1,100 Pump Action Rifles In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by icankel: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
By this time tomorrow u will see all the seized items in d market. lol
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Clazzone(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
This is what you see when you are completely blinded with religion and ethnicity. Grow up!
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
Brand New phones for sale!
Redmi 7 3gb/64gb #50k
Redmi 7A 2gb/32gb #33k
Nokia X6 6gb/64gb #49k

NEW household items!
Midea washing machine 6kg #36k
Scanfrost Gas burner (four face) #37k
Midea Microwave #17k

To order phonecall or whatsapp = zero7zero169611zero1
we offer nationwide delivery

Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
SoNature:

All that was unnecessary.
I needed practical explanation because you said you are a farmer.
I am not interested in political explanation.

As far as I am concerned, Buhari has no place in 21st-Century leadership circus.
APC is as bad as PDP. No difference.

And APC has experimented a lot of things that never worked, which made me wonder if they were really prepared for leadership.

[s]There's no place in APC manifesto where they mentioned border closure as a strategy of tackling smuggling. It's one of those experiments they tried and it worked. [/s]

While I am absolutely delighted that it is bringing positive results, Nigeria isn't just about agriculture. Knowledge economy and the real sector are critical.

If this government doesn't take decisive measures to fix electricity, I don't see how anything will improve in the future. I don't understand why fixing power is still a complex puzzle in Nigeria.

Thanks for your insight anyways

The only practical explanation for you is this: May kidnappers grab you very soon so your parents, wife, or kids can come on nairaland to beg for funds to rescue you. Then, your brain will be fine-tuned in the right direction since you dont want to use it with all the explanations we have given.

If everything is politics and APC manifesto to you, you deserved to be insulted. You are a wicked human being. You are a smuggler. You better clear off before I ask my God to strike you. You dont deserve to be born in Nigeria. You are one of the enemies of Nigeria. And our God will defeat you all. On this issue Buhari is a goal.

If Buhari cannot do power, he should leave it. If this security is what he will do, let him do it. But no no no to Atiku. The best way to get power is nuclear. And corruption must be erased if we are going nuclear, else...the calamity will be time 1000 of Chernobyl. So, oga, leave me alone. Dont mention me again. Good day.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by tsephanyah(f): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
bigkingwillie:
the guy is good
yep
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Dagger79(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Funny thing is that 95% of this custom officials eats foreign rice.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
To you all asking me for factual evidence how border closure has helped me, here is my short story:

Japanese Cucumbers and Yellow/Green/Red Bell Pepper
These two vegetables are examples of agricultural products we cultivate in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, I cultivate them in Lagos state. These are cultivars for special consumers who need quality. But these smugglers go as far as Cotonou to bring in products and destroy the market here. Look at what these smugglers do. They even prefer to buy at higher prices from Cotonou. As soon as it is from a local farmer, they buy them stupi.dly. The same products they condemned in the past they are begging me to cultivate now that they dont have supply. I asked them if the quality we had been producing was bad, but they were silent. Not for any reason, but the traders were just listening to higher voices.

Well, I had to move deep into serious marketing during the hard days. If I had given up like other farmers, there would be no one to produce now. I have started calling on other farmers to join the game as road is clear. I made a contract with the marketing agents that as long as my products are of same quality or better, they should never try to force me out of business even when the border is eventually opened. If you see the way they were seriously begging me, you will understand. Many of the agents in the market are beginning to understand it. If you think I am not saying the truth, go to mile 12 market in Lagos which is just a terminal in the vegetable sales in Lagos. Move to the vegetable section and make inquiries very well. All I have written here is correct. If the borders stay closed for more period of time, importing vegetables we can produce in Nigeria will be a forgotten story. And with the recent honor the vegetable marketers accorded me, I am so happy with Buhari just for this policy. He may be bad in other areas, but on this one, Baba is a goal.

Chicken and Cancer
Also, if you understand that the rate of cancer is high, you will cur.se chicken smugglers. Chickens that are to be raised for 10 weeks are injected and pumped with steroids and raised for just 3 weeks. And that's what they had been smuggling in.

If you all understand the concept of freezing again meat, fish, chicken, etc that had unfrozen earlier, hmmm......you will curse these smugglers. All the fish smuggled in are poisons. We better fight these people now before they give us all cancer. They are ki.llers. I hat.e them with
passion.

Ozone layers and terrible smuggled vehicles. How it affects farmers negatively
You all keep shouting he should open it. Do you realise that old vehicles smuggled in are bad for ozone layers? And they affect yield negatively. I am shocked this year that the rate if rainfall in Lagos is terribly low. It is really cra.zy. June/July are forgotten rainy season months in Lagos. Please, go confirm with any farmer in Lagos/Ogun. But we still got enough rain last year September/October. This year is terrible. So, farmers without irrigation systems are losers. Also, when the temperature is so high due to terrible climatic change due to what these vehicles are causing, farmers cannot produce effectively and yield is low.

May President Buhari put brass gates and chains to lock all borders till smuggling is addressed.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dagger79:
Funny thing is that 95% of this custom officials eats foreign rice.

If Buhari is supported, they will vomit it. They will soon fall back to local items.

The truth is that all custom officers need to be sacked if we want to change Nigeria. That institution is the most corrupt in Nigeria. Tgey are worse than police. I dont see huge changes if all of them are not sacked. Buhari needs to inject fresh people with good leaders. All these customs officers must go. We all know it except we want to tell lies. The only people who will attack me on this issue are the custom thieves. All officers there are thieves. There is no one saint there. Infact all of them are corrupt. 100%. They are all enemies of Nigeria. At times, I laugh when I hear them discuss how bad Buhari is in their offices. Very funny. Shamelessly they take bribes. It is now their right to to collect bribe. If you dont give them, people will even start blaming you like you are the one at fault.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by steppin: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
Pistotita:

I have no more word for you. Its obvious you are a glutton. Continue campaigning for your rice. I'm about addressing smuggling in vehicles that are destroying the climate which is unfavourable for farming. You people are the reason our climate is bad for farming. Support the policy against smuggling. Let us stop kidnapping. Let us support local production.

You are on your own if you want your rice to be N5,000. Oga, pack your load and relocate to Cotonou or Niger. Shikena.
Oga, stop calling people names and act like a civilised person.
When Fashola wanted to introduce BRT buses, he did not ban molue from Lagos roads,knowing the public outcry it would have caused.
He brought better, cheaper and faster buses and everybody took it as their first choice.
Molue simply vanished on its own.
The government knows what to do, but they prefer the easy way out.
Closing the borders at this stage is not the solution.
The production of rice needs to improve significantly before the ban of rice or closure of borders as the case maybe.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
steppin:

Oga, stop calling people names and act like a civilised person.
When Fashola wanted to introduce BRT buses, he did not ban molue from Lagos roads,knowing the public outcry it would have caused.
He brought better, cheaper and faster buses and everybody took it as their first choice.
Molue simply vanished on its own.
The government knows what to do, but they prefer the easy way out.
Closing the borders at this stage is not the solution.
The production of rice needs to improve significantly before the ban of rice or closure of borders as the case maybe.
It is better to close the border and scarcity and high price are the best driving force to increase local production. Local production will not increase unless farmers know they can sell their produce without losing money.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by steppin: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
GenBuhari:
It is better to close the border and scarcity and high price are the best driving force to increase local production. Local production will not increase unless farmers know they can sell their produce without losing money.
I agree with this, but Nigerian farmers alone cannot produce enough rice for 190 million people.
The FG should invest more in rice farming, since other crops are doing okay in terms of supply.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
steppin:

I agree with this, but Nigerian farmers alone cannot produce enough rice for 190 million people.
The FG should invest more in rice farming, since other crops are doing okay in terms of supply.
But the money to be made will drive more people into farming. It won't take long to reach demand and government as you say would need to do whatever is deemed necessary to bring up local production to required level in the shortest possible time.
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by ayukdaboss(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
nony43:
Nigerians are way too gullible it sickens me... look how they conveniently waited for the moslem festivities to be over before they blocked the borders causing hike in prices just in time for Christmas. once its time for their. EID again watch out they will find a way to open it again. God will judge every wicked leader.
See wetin this one dey reason. Religious Bigot
Re: Border Closure: Customs Seizes 1,072 Vehicles, 19,000 Bags Of Foreign Rice by tck2000(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blessing William: Rivers Single Mother Found Dead In Apartment / Man Beaten To Death By Police Officers In Oritamerin, Ona Ara LGA, Oyo State / NDLEA Uncovers Meth Lab in Lagos, Recovers Illicit Drugs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.