Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God (24857 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by shadeyinka(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Before tithing was even mentioned to include agricultural produce, it was mentioned as anything one gets as increase. Remember, " Abraham gave a tithe of ALL". All means all, and all is all all means. This shows therefore that money is included in materials that can be tithed.

Also, remember that Pharisee who "paid a tithe of ALL I possess". Jesus didn't condemn him for that but for something else.
Tithes and sacrifices could only be at the temple in Jerusalem or wherever the Lord has chosen.

Why do you think there was buying and selling in the temple in Jerusalem during the time of Jesus?

People who lived far had to convert their tithes and sacrifices to money and then purchase the items at the temple.

You still need to find a scripture that says you can bring money as tithe. The reference to Abraham bringing tithes of "captured goods" still doesn't refer to money.

2 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The Catholic Church is Satan's organization. It embodies everything evil

O rebuke you IJN. Get behind

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by genkins(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

Tithes and sacrifices could only be at the temple in Jerusalem or wherever the Lord has chosen.

Why do you think there was buying and selling in the temple in Jerusalem during the time of Jesus?

People who lived far had to convert their tithes and sacrifices to money and then purchase the items at the temple.

You still need to find a scripture that says you can bring money as tithe. The reference to Abraham bringing tithes of "captured goods" still doesn't refer to money.
Don't mind d agbagdadi guy.. Abraham gave a tenth to melchizedeck who had no beginning and end. Which pastor in Nigeria has no beginning and end? Even our Jesus that is the only one in melchizedecks order did not receive or collect tithe.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
oldtruth:

Where was that writing in the bible? You guys are not even afraid of the curses that was laid for false teachings? Where did tithe became a trust fund?

God command us to eat our tithe, will that, we are respecting him. Eat your tithe and also remember the poor and the Levites. Don't give tithe to any pastor! Your tithe is for you and also for you to help the less privileged
What was the reason for tithe in the Bible? To eat it? Tell me more without bias and don't quote only one scripture. If you read my post I said from a physical point of view.
When you "give to God"? Does the money or whatever substance you give vanish and go to heaven? No, it is used by the receiver. Same way when you pay tithe, you honour God but it is used physically on earth. I believe you have sense.

Now let me explain what tithing is with a spiritual understanding, I will be focusing on the new testament. Tithing is a principle that shows that we put God first above our money/substance. It is one of the ways we can discipline ourselves and put our selfish nature in check. Tithing is also based on the principle of giving and the scriptures teach us that it is more blessed to give than to receive, (now does that make sense to the natural man, NO). Even from the scriptures, Jesus never condemned tithing, he spoke against the neglect of other things. Now come to the new testament church, they didn't mention or condemn tithe but they encouraged different kinds of giving. Now let me ask you how many christians today or even you can
- Sell your property and lay it at the pastor's feet,
Acts 4:34-35
34 ...For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

- Give even when you are in lack and poverty
2 Cor. 8:2-4
Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

- Denying your claims to your possessions for the church
Acts 4:32
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

These are new testament believers o

Most of you "givers". Can you do the above for people that are not your relatives in a church? I know it will be hard for you guys if you even do it. You can see the depth of love in the early church and it showed in their giving. Not giving from left overs sef, but denying themselves.

Now let me show you the point I was trying to pass across to you from the new testament. Church is a place where souls are nourished spiritually and like Paul said

1 Cor 9 : 11
11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?

So based on this principle, if a church tells members to pay tithe as a way to ensure the church has money is it wrong according to the scriptures? A selfish heart will say it is wrong. The church has the right to do so. What is 10 percent that you can't deny yourself? If you can't give 10 percent, can you give 100 percent like the christians of the early church

Luke 16: 10
If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities

That's our Lord Jesus, if you have a problem with 10%, you can't be trusted to "give" 100% or a major substance of yours to the church.

Your lot talk about "Love". Is it wrong for a church to request for tithes to so that the Pastors, instrumentalists, workers can be paid?
So that the church can have money for financial needs and envagelism to bring in more souls to the kingdom? If you truly love your fellow man, you won't hesitate to pay tithe because those serving in the church are humans beings like you that deserve to be nourished physically as they nourish souls spiritually.

Search your heart and question your motives. Is it really from love or just selfishness? To the "givers". When was the last time you gave sacrificially, as in something major, to a fellow believer?

If you read the Bible with understanding you will see that God has principles regardless of old testament or new testament
e.g can you show me any place in the new testament we are told to go to church every Sunday, I guess not but we do it today. It is based on an old testament principle but it is still applied today.
Heb 10:25
Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by ezegenigbonine: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
This is a pure rubbish teaching coming from a Catholic Bishop of gay kingdom.

Where did God order that we should do what this preacher said with our tithe? Nowhere. What God said in Malachai 3:10 is that we should bring the tithe to his house. He didn't say we should branch somewhere else with it.

Yes, the pastor's idea seems like a reasonably brilliant and kind one, but that doesn't make it right in God's eyes. Remember that the way man thinks is different from the way God thinks.

Man thinks it is a good thing to give the tithe to someone in need of it. But where did God say such about tithe? Nowhere. He only said to bring it to his house and from there it is distributed to the needy.

Think of it this way: You are on your way to the hospital with 100k to pay for your child's medical bills. Suddenly you found a needy man. Be honest with yourself, will you give the money to the needy man to the detriment of your child in the hospital?

I can bet you won't. So why do you now think it is right to give your tithe to the needy man? Remember, it is God's money and you have no right to decide how to help God spend it, especially when he gave you no such order.

Look, don't let people bamboozle you weird scenarios like the one given by the preacher. Always stand by God's command. The tithe is his, and the only thing you can do with it is to take it to his house, nowhere else.

They may even use your child as an example, saying what if your child is sick and the money needed for treatment is equivalent to the tithe money you have, which is your last dime.

What will I say in this case? Give that money to God because it is his. At this point many will be kicking against me. Little do they know that they are kicking against Jesus who said...

Mathew 10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Why do you think Abraham is referred to as a friend of God today? Because he obeyed God by proceeding to sacrifice his son Isaac as commanded by God. He didn't think twice. But people who are not worthy of Jesus are the ones who will disobey him by doing the thoughts of their heart instead of his word.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Guy read Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 to 29
Mind u also, Jesus did not pay tithe instead he pays tax with money collected from fish. Abraham pays tithe once in the bible and the tithe was not from his earnings. It was from his loot from war. Read ur bible
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:

What was the reason for tithe in the Bible? To eat it? Tell me more without bias and don't quote only one scripture. If you read my post I said from a physical point of view.
When you "give to God"? Does the money or whatever substance you give vanish and go to heaven? No, it is used by the receiver. Same way when you pay tithe, you honour God but it is used physically on earth. I believe you have sense.

Now let me explain what tithing is with a spiritual understanding, I will be focusing on the new testament. Tithing is a principle that shows that we put God first above our money/substance. It is one of the ways we can discipline ourselves and put our selfish nature in check. Tithing is also based on the principle of giving and the scriptures teach us that it is more blessed to give than to receive, (now does that make sense to the natural man, NO). Even from the scriptures, Jesus never condemned tithing, he spoke against the neglect of other things. Now come to the new testament church, they didn't mention or condemn tithe but they encouraged different kinds of giving. Now let me ask you how many christians today or even you can
- Sell your property and lay it at the pastor's feet,
Acts 4:34-35
34 ...For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

- Give even when you are in lack and poverty
2 Cor. 8:2-4
Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

- Denying your claims to your possessions for the church
Acts 4:32
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

These are new testament believers o

Most of you "givers". Can you do the above for people that are not your relatives in a church? I know it will be hard for you guys if you even do it. You can see the depth of love in the early church and it showed in their giving. Not giving from left overs sef, but denying themselves.

Now let me show you the point I was trying to pass across to you from the new testament. Church is a place where souls are nourished spiritually and like Paul said

1 Cor 9 : 11
11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you? 12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?

So based on this principle, if a church tells members to pay tithe as a way to ensure the church has money is it wrong according to the scriptures? A selfish heart will say it is wrong. The church has the right to do so. What is 10 percent that you can't deny yourself? If you can't give 10 percent, can you give 100 percent like the christians of the early church

Luke 16: 10
If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities

That's our Lord Jesus, if you have a problem with 10%, you can't be trusted to "give" 100% or a major substance of yours to the church.

Your lot talk about "Love". Is it wrong for a church to request for tithes to so that the Pastors, instrumentalists, workers can be paid?
So that the church can have money for financial needs and envagelism to bring in more souls to the kingdom? If you truly love your fellow man, you won't hesitate to pay tithe because those serving in the church are humans beings like you that deserve to be nourished physically as they nourish souls spiritually.

Search your heart and question your motives. Is it really from love or just selfishness? To the "givers". When was the last time you gave sacrificially, as in something major, to a fellow believer?

If you read the Bible with understanding you will see that God has principles regardless of old testament or new testament
e.g can you show me any place in the new testament we are told to go to church every Sunday, I guess not but we do it today. It is based on an old testament principle but it is still applied today.
Heb 10:25
Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Thanks.

let me start from where you finished. It is not based on new testament but solely on APOSTASY.

See don't twist the word of God. It is a sinful thing to do. All God's word comes with principle. if you need money for your Church uplifting, request for it and don't tag it tithe.

The practice by the early Christians was not tithing. They surrender everything they had to Christ for the benefit of all. It wasn't called tithe.

There is a principle for tithe and which he told us on how to go about it.

Tell me the originof tithe and how it's supposed to be paid. Don't twist Gods word or believe you can change rules. What are the lay down principles. I understand you but let's call a spade a spade.

Read more on APOSTASY and you will get to know that people have abandoned the foundation to suit their own selfish interest and none is going to escape HIS wrath sooner or later.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by ezegenigbonine: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dvin:
O rebuke you IJN. Get behind

Rebuke him bro he is so possesed
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by shadeyinka(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
genkins:

Don't mind d agbagdadi guy.. Abraham gave a tenth to melchizedeck who had no beginning and end. Which pastor in Nigeria has no beginning and end? Even our Jesus that is the only one in melchizedecks order did not receive or collect tithe.
You have a very good point.
And even the Levites had no inheritance in the Land of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by ezegenigbonine: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
lloyds:
Twisting the Bible to gain cheap popularity. .

Am not a pastor at all, but I read the book of the law.

Then read Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 to 29 and tell me what u understand
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Where did God order that we should do what this preacher said with our tithe? Nowhere. What God said in Malachai 3:10 is that we should bring the tithe to his house. He didn't say we should branch somewhere else with it.

Yes, the pastor's idea seems like a reasonably brilliant and kind one, but that doesn't make it right in God's eyes. Remember that the way man thinks is different from the way God thinks.

Man thinks it is a good thing to give the tithe to someone in need of it. But where did God say such about tithe? Nowhere. He only said to bring it to his house and from there it is distributed to the needy.

Think of it this way: You are on your way to the hospital with 100k to pay for your child's medical bills. Suddenly you found a needy man. Be honest with yourself, will you give the money to the needy man to the detriment of your child in the hospital?

I can bet you won't. So why do you now think it is right to give your tithe to the needy man? Remember, it is God's money and you have no right to decide how to help God spend it, especially when he gave you no such order.

Look, don't let people bamboozle you weird scenarios like the one given by the preacher. Always stand by God's command. The tithe is his, and the only thing you can do with it is to take it to his house, nowhere else.

They may even use your child as an example, saying what if your child is sick and the money needed for treatment is equivalent to the tithe money you have, which is your last dime.

What will I say in this case? Give that money to God because it is his. At this point many will be kicking against me. Little do they know that they are kicking against Jesus who said...

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Why do you think Abraham is referred to as a friend of God today? Because he obeyed God by proceeding to sacrifice his son Isaac as commanded by God. He didn't think twice. But people who are not worthy of Jesus are the ones who will disobey him by doing the thoughts of their heart instead of his word.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
don't be a judging self righteous dingbat.

From the book of Deuteronomy:
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Habeyy(m): 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Apination:

You are ignorant. If you want to follow the Malachi teaching you are so keen on propagating, make sure you quote everything:
"Bring your full tithe to the Temple treasury so there will be ample provisions in my Temple. Test me in this and see if I don't open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dream."
The tithe is not for the pastor but to the temple treasury and giving tithes is to support the levites who had no physical inheritance and is tied to the land Israel received . The priesthood of the levites does not apply to any Christian if that was the case,christ would not have come. Tithes are part of the old covenant and have no place in Christianity which teaches sacrifice and free giving
Thank you sir
An elderly pastor once told me tithing is not for us
He said all his previous teachings that was based on making people give their tithe by any means were the preaching of the flesh(false doctrines)
You will be surprised another pastor hearing our discussion can only come up with the below excuse in support of tithing

"How can BABA say that,why should he want to change what has been since ancient times"
I was shocked,no bible verse to support his assertion
Some of this guys are in for the money cum tithe aspect

Goodluck to the payers

I am definitely not among

2 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

May God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
oldtruth:

Thanks.

let me start from where you finished. It is not based on new testament but solely on APOSTASY.

See don't twist the word of God. It is a sinful thing to do. All God's word comes with principle. if you need money for your Church uplifting, request for it and don't tag it tithe.

The practice by the early Christians was not tithing. They surrender everything they had to Christ for the benefit of all. It wasn't called tithe.

There is a principle for tithe and which he told us on how to go about it.

Tell me the originof tithe and how it's supposed to be paid. Don't twist Gods word or believe you can change rules. What are the lay down principles. I understand you but let's call a spade a spade.

Read more on APOSTASY and you will get to know that people have abandoned the foundation to suit their own selfish interest and none is going to escape HIS wrath sooner or later.

thank you
I never referred to giving to the early church is tithing but tithing is still based on the principle of giving and honoring God. God's principles transcend times. This is the greatest commandment of all

Matthew 22:36-30
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Since love is the greatest commandment and every law hang on it, tithing is a way I can show love to my brethren that serve in a church, to the needy through church outreaches, to the family of the senior and junior pastors, to ensure church has money for spreading gospel, if tithing can do all these then it isn't wrong if it is done today. When we receive payment at the end of the month, pastors and church workers must chop too because they offer us service. Tithing today should not even be restricted to 10%, you give as you are led, if you can give more than that, no problem. It's all about loving God and loving your fellow man. I'm not twisting the word of God, my post is based on biblical principle. Even Christ didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. So God's principles still remain regardless. You might say that tithing is of the law but Abraham tithed before the law

Gen 14:20
And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” And he gave him a tithe of all.

Also from the scriptures, through Christ, we are children of Abraham therefore tithing should be our culture

Eph. 2:17
17 But some of these branches from Abraham’s tree—some of the people of Israel—have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God’s special olive tree

Gal. 3:7
The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.

Tithing is a principle and principles remain but practices change
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by OkCornel(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Lol @ We are children of Abraham, so tithing should be our culture.

1) Should animal sacrifice also be our culture?
2) Should impregnating househelp also be our culture?
3) Abraham tithed only once in his life out of war spoils according to Biblical records... I guess we should only tithe once in our lifetime from war booties
4) Abraham was already blessed before he tithes, and not the other way around.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Daze12345(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

na you no get sense .
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:

I never referred to giving to the early church is tithing but tithing is still based on the principle of giving and honoring God. God's principles transcend times. This is the greatest commandment of all

Matthew 22:36-30
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Since love is the greatest commandment and every law hang on it, tithing is a way I can show love to my brethren that serve in a church, to the needy through church outreaches, to the family of the senior and junior pastors, to ensure church has money for spreading gospel, if tithing can do all these then it isn't wrong if it is done today. When we receive payment at the end of the month, pastors and church workers must chop too because they offer us service. Tithing today should not even be restricted to 10%, you give as you are led, if you can give more than that, no problem. It's all about loving God and loving your fellow man. I'm not twisting the word of God, my post is based on biblical principle. Even Christ didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. So God's principles still remain regardless. You might say that tithing is of the law but Abraham tithed before the law

Gen 14:20
And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.” And he gave him a tithe of all.

Also from the scriptures, through Christ, we are children of Abraham therefore tithing should be our culture

Eph. 2:17
17 But some of these branches from Abraham’s tree—some of the people of Israel—have been broken off. And you Gentiles, who were branches from a wild olive tree, have been grafted in. So now you also receive the blessing God has promised Abraham and his children, sharing in the rich nourishment from the root of God’s special olive tree

Gal. 3:7
The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.

Tithing is a principle and principles remain but practices change

Who changed the practice?
Don't bother yourself responding.

Good night
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2019
OkCornel:
Lol @ We are children of Abraham, so tithing should be our culture.

1) Should animal sacrifice also be our culture?
2) Should impregnating househelp also be our culture?
3) Abraham tithed only once in his life out of war spoils according to Biblical records... I guess we should only tithe once in our lifetime from war booties
4) Abraham was already blessed before he tithes, and not the other way around.

1.) Christ has done that
2.) Was it a sin then?
3 and 4 Like I said tithe is a principle. Where did Abraham learn to tithe from? Did he just guess it?
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
oldtruth:

Who changed the practice?
Don't bother yourself responding.

Good night
Sorry, Let me give an example, way back CDs were like the best forms of storage today we use Flash drives on various devices. It is the principle of storage but it still exists in different forms
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Sorry, Let me give an example, way back CDs were like the best forms of storage today we use Flash drives on various devices. It is the principle of storage but it still exists in different forms

Stop twisting things! You can't change God's word to suit yourselves.

God is not a respecter of men that you can be changing the lay down practice. That is what we called Apostasy, which I have told you before. It's a grievous thing to do. Shalom!
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
oldtruth:

Stop twisting things! You can't change God's word to suit yourselves.

God is not a respecter of men that you can be changing the lay down practice. That is what we called Apostasy, which I have told you before. It's a grievous thing to do. Shalom!
It is well
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by OkCornel(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:

1.) Christ has done that
2.) Was it a sin then?
3 and 4 Like I said tithe is a principle. Where did Abraham learn to tithe from? Did he just guess it?

Very good question on where Abraham learnt tithing from. Tithing was a pagan custom practiced ancient Mesopotamia.

Do your research on ancient history/culture to prove otherwise...

And as for impregnating a house maid...it's not a sin as long as Abraham, Jacob, David & Solomon etc does such cheesy
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by OkCornel(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
Where did God request for money as tithe in the Bible?

I'm still waiting for an answer to this;

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN & HOW GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE...

NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES BELOW;

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
Any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
OkCornel:

Very good question on where Abraham learnt tithing from. Tithing was a pagan custom practiced ancient Mesopotamia.

Do your research on ancient history/culture to prove otherwise...

And as for impregnating a house maid...it's not a sin as long as Abraham, Jacob, David & Solomon etc does such cheesy
Principles are not tied to a religion, have you ever wondered why there seem to be some similarities between religions. I won't be surprised if other religions have their form of tithing
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by GoodBoi1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
Are you also telling me that God instructed the Israelites to do pagan practice?
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by bilulu(m): 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

have you ever read where the Bible said u can evenness ur tithe? you can use it to buy Wat ur heart lust after? read ur Bible ursef instead of allowing people read it for u
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by OkCornel(m): 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:

Principles are not tied to a religion, have you ever wondered why there seem to be some similarities between religions. I won't be surprised if other religions have their form of tithing

If we are to follow Abraham's example...that means we should only tithe once in our life from warspoils? Using pagan customs as our point of reference?

I can see how people are trying to mix Abraham's style of tithing with the Judaistic requirements of tithing in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29

1 Like

Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by OkCornel(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
GoodBoi1:
Are you also telling me that God instructed the Israelites to do pagan practice?

First of all, do you agree tithing to kings & idols was an ancient pagan tradition in ancient Mesopotamia?
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by oluxy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You have a beautiful argument but you sour it when you say, gay kingdom pastor. Christ Jesus never said that to. It's not found in the scripture.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by swiftysam: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
U get sense jare
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Onliie(m): 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
oldtruth:

Kindly quote the regular one. Where and how it is being mandated
And the Lord spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel. And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die. But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance. But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord , I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
Numbers 18:20‭-‬24 KJV
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
jattopeter:

God will bless you the More. I dwell more on Jesus Christ's teaching more than what somebody say. What Christ dwell more on we neglected it and we are so concern with what he barely talked abt. Jesus Christ was going abt doing good, he will preach to some people and still feed them . Who are we deceiving? Love your neighbor , do good to your neighbor. Have you read abt the story of good Samaritan? God bless you. Selah
Amen and you too.
Re: Father John Chinenye Oluoma: Your Tithe Saves The Needy, You Haven't Robbed God by Chuckdee(m): 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Your last paragraph doesn't explain the need to help an accident victim. It says help the brethren. The brethren here means our brothers in Christ. Not everyone is your brother. Satan has his own children, therefore they can't be your brethren.

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Now, how do we love or help our brother? We help them from the tithe money we pay to church. If a brethren had an accident, the church is informed and money is sent from tithe collection to cater for his medical bills. Doing that is doing same to God.

SMH....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Minority Party Will Be Lifted Up In Nigeria – TB Joshua / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.