Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted (29226 Views)

BBNaija Vs Gulder Ultimate Search: Which Do Nigerians Prefer? / BBNaija: See How Nigerians Voted Their Favorite Housemates (photos) / #BBNaija VS This Baby: Twitter Users Compare Both (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Olodo24: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
I didn't vote because I couldn't get my PVC. Inec PH told me and so many others that they couldn't find our PVCs....they said we had to come back after the general elections. I was so pained because I needed that card for many other things including my bank.

Anyway, people turned up for BBN for the entertainment value despite the cost of voting. We love drama in this country.

Don't also forget the fact that BBN accepts multiple votes from one person unlike the general elections that's strictly one man one vote
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by meobizy(f): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
They have come again, the ‘pro Nigerians’.
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Olodo24: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
internationalman:
We are online and keyboard warriors..

If presidential election were done online like bbnaija, votes would exceed 1billion.....
and going online would save cost. But they'll still hack the server and rig the hell out of the polls. This is Nigeria
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Olodo24: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nigeria2040:
240million voters/ N30 per voter

240000000×N30=N7,200,000,000
7.2 billion Naira

And the grand price is just N60,000,000

This people are making money from this country
don't forget they provide the house and everything in it. They gave the housemates costumes sometimes. A celebrity anchored the show. Big artists were invited to see the housemates and some gave performances
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by DJInfluence: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
midehi2:

Even staying under the sun to vote won't still count cheesy cheesy
very true.
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by mechanics(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
It can't be compared because one can vote as many times as possible using different sims for BBN but for the elections is only once.
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Belleful: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
many Nigeria's don't come out to vote on election day because of conflicts. aslo bbn is for everyone. unlike the elections that is for 18yrs and above.
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Spacewalker(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
24kmagic:
First off, you can't compare because one person can vote multiple times in bbn, because it will count.

Has your votes ever count?
If you think queuing up to cast a vote in a Nigerian election counts then you must be an idiot. It doesn't count, it has never count, and it will never count. You'll weep for the upcoming generation if you see what goes on behind the scenes in a Nigerian election

Mention one thing run by the government of this country that has ever been free, fair and successful?
Even if the whole youths decided to vote against Buhari in the last election, it was glaring he won't relinquish power. Buhari wasn't going to let anybody in.

Anytime you so called intellectuals are talking about happenings in a country, consider the country you are talking about first.

Why can't INEC introduce electronic voting? Why must it be paper and pen? Is it not because they want to manipulate?
You try to protest they shoot you dead.

Discredit bbn all you like but never try to compare it with situation of things in this country because I can promise you Nigeria is beyond redemption. Not even in a billion years time will Nigeria work.

When did BBN start? I think four years ago.
Before the coming of BBN, how was things in 9ja?

Is BBN the cause of the backwardness in Nigeria?

You anti-BBNaija should just fvck off abeg

PS: I don't watch BBN.

Hey,shut ur trap bitch,u talk too much angry
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by owila4luv(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
2019 presidential election result were and manipulated while this is real and original! if i lie let them open the server cool
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Onlyonebuhari: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
N7.2bn donated to the immoral show while the youth would rather be playing football on election days. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.....
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by Rajosh(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
respect80:
Now... 30 Naira X 240mil
Can some1 do the maths?
some are online votes
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by LONGPREEK(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nigeria2040:
240million voters/ N30 per voter

240000000×N30=N7,200,000,000
7.2 billion Naira

And the grand price is just N60,000,000

This people are making money from this country
shut up, most of the votes are fro dstv and gtv app
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by hush15: 6:04am On Oct 08, 2019
Apeshy101:
Nigerians turned out enmass for the just concluded season of the popular reality TV show which Mercy was crowned winner of the season with N60M worth of Prizes.

Stats released by INEC shortly after the presidential Elections showed that only 28,614,190 Nigerians voted.

In the same vein, stats released today for the just concluded BBnaija Pepper Dem Season showed that over 240 Million votes were cast this season.

The votes cast for BBNaija doubled that cast for the 2019 Presidential Election.

News9naija reports that while the requirement to cast a vaild vote in an Election is having a Permanent Voter's Card and getting accredited during on the election day, It costs N30 naira to vote in the BBNAija Reality TV show.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/10/06/bbnaija-vs-2019-presidential-elections-see-how-nigerians-voted/

Well OP should consider the following

BBN votes is a cumulative votes over a period of time. Every week, people vote.

BBN also has multiple platforms for voting. The first is by signing up on the BBN website and receive to and you have access to 100 votes. The second option is for DStv decoder holders using the mydstv app to access another 100 votes. The third one is the SMS where the real money is made and that too is only limited to 100votes per line. Many don't know but after 100 votes, you are just dashing money but that SMS won't count as votes. Out of the 240million votes, we could say a third of that figure goes to the sign-up option, another a third goes to DStv subscribers thirdly, another third goes to SMS. Averagely, we can say 80million came by SMS where the real money was made. It would be worthy to mention that those who didn't read the terms and condition for voting and voted by SMS would have texted more than 100 SMS to vote without knowing that beyond the 100 SMS vote limit, it wouldn't count. When we roughly estimate that, we could scantily say roughly 90million votes came through from SMS alone. When you multiply that by 30, that's 2.7billion in earnings. During voting especially with MTN lines, I discovered that, if you load 200naira and used it to vote your favourite housemate, even when you exhausted the 200, and keep texting, it goes thru and such votes counts as long it's still within the 100votes limit. So if we retain the old figure at 80million, that's a whooping 2.4billion in earning.

Lastly, going back to the topic, under the SMS based votes and sign-up votes, you also have multiple voting where one person can vote severally depending on the number of lines available to such person.

So in reality, it's a huge figure however, when it's whittled down, it's still falls back to the original amount for the national elections. The only difference is your BBN votes counts while in National elections, it doesn't count.
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by aku626(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2019
By now you’d have expected the senate to fighting to reform the voting process but they won’t because they all know how they got there.
The youths are still sleeping oh.

bareal:

In the case of Nigeria election, it is simple. You only vote with your BVN. Even if you have multiple lines, only one Bvn will count.
Nigerian leaders are crooks, they will never allow this!
Re: Bbnaija Vs 2019 Presidential Elections: See How Nigerians Voted by bareal(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2019
aku626:
By now you’d have expected the senate to fighting to reform the voting process but they won’t because they all know how they got there.
The youths are still sleeping oh.

Yes!!! I agree completely!

This is the kind of deliberation that should going on in the house and not this gay and independence sh!t. The youth ain't helping matters too, we keep supporting mediocrity just for a token. It is well my brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nollywood And Hollywood Almost Killed Me! (+PICS) / BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel / Power(series) Is Back!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.