Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? (10094 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Buhari Plans Mass Retirement Of Corrupt Military Leaders / Sarakis' : The Thieving Slave Masters Of Kwara (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by dayokanu(m): 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2010
deols:

OH GOd! i wish some1 knows how angry i am.

some of them are just as selfish as their parents, taking Nigeria as their private property.

Just yesterday, through facebook, i was trying to c the people from my hometown. As I was going through i started to c familial names and then I saw a former governor's son whose profile I decided to check. I couldnt believe what I saw. He's running for the house of representatives!!!

Not only was his father a crook and good for nothing old man, the son was notorious and was known every where in the capital for partying and calling himself with his father's name everywhere. He was almost expelled from the university if not for his father's position.

How then for goodness's sake is this boy to represent us well??

Deola,

Are you talking about Dapo lam Adesina?

If yes, Seacrh Nairaland he has a thread made for him
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by ochocinco1(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2010
Sagamite:

Retard!!!

You are looking for another place to be flogged?

lol. . . .Your imperious stupidity has been highlighted and I bet you are loooking to hide behind Oyb's skirt again.

Jeez. . . .He defends youths involved in piracy in one thread and then comes here in all his fraudulent self righteous glory
to castigate guys involved in age cheating.

How will you resolve the obvious contradictions ehn Sugomite?

What a Doofus,
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:05am On Nov 11, 2010
ocho cinco:

lol. . . .Your imperious stupidity has been highlighted and I bet you are loooking to hide behind Oyb's skirt again.

Jeez. . . .He defends youths involved in piracy in one thread and then comes here in all his fraudulent self righteous glory
to castigate guys involved in age cheating.

How will you resolve the obvious contradictions ehn Sugomite?

What a Doofus,

Go back to the thread where I whacked you, Dumbo! You think I am the type you can change topics on? I will not let you deviate from the point you are running from.

Your intellect is below my feet.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by ochocinco1(m): 12:19am On Nov 11, 2010
Sagamite:

Go back to the thread where I whacked you, Dumbo! You think I am the type you can change topics on? I will not let you deviate from the point you are running from.

Your intellect is below my feet.

lol . . .with your circular arguments?

Here you are posting links Lording it with your ''imperious intelligence''. (Gosh. can't get over that. what a schmuck)

And I decide to tell the unsuspecting folks what a ridiculous fraud you are, and you are begging me to disappear.

Question still remains. . .Did you or did you not defend criminal piracy on another thread? And did you not defend it on the basis
that it provides employment for otherwise idle youths?

And if you did, does that not make you a hypocrite considering these age cheats you are disparaging here
would also otherwise be idle?

I reckon you are not a hypocrite. You are just stupid. Really stupid. The inconsistency is not obvious to you at all.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by angrynaija: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2010
sadly, the overwhelmimg majority of the children themselves will grow up to be corrupt. monkey see, monkey do
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by tsubodai: 12:33am On Nov 11, 2010
Kilode, i am not acting like it isn't a big deal,  i was just responding to the thread. I am back in Nigeria, and I do understand the bigger picture, i spent 2 years in lagos and abuja trying to grow a company 2 of my friends and I setup (putting the western education to good use), we believed we did everything right, we just didn't bank on how effed up the system was, they didn't want to see anything just how much we were dropping, for bank loans the finance officer will tell you straight if i get the bank to approve Nxxx.00  for you this will be my cut. I couldn't deal will that, so dusted up my degrees and applied for a job. What i am saying is at the end of the day this is the only country  we have, even more so for "corrupt politicians children" i have been to the other side and the only difference between them and us, is the education of their populace,the world is truly becoming global for us to succeed we need at least 70% efficient leadership agree to setup infrastructure, implementation of law and order, pretty much do what a Government is suppose to do,and actually give the country a chance.
About Mohd Abacha, in kano the abachas are practically royalty, its other nigerians that hate them (i'm not from kano).  The whole family still live there, the theory being sold by his people is that compared to others if he comes to power wealth woudln't be his major priority (albeit his was stolen) so he might be inclined to actually do a bit of work, pull a fashola, "a looter who actually works" (again importance of educated populace). hmm wsnt that bukola's argument too undecided.

kilode, those "friends", trust me when i say this, the ones that brag and are very in your face, are the ones that suffer the most when the tide turns. cos it ALWAYS  does "i get am before, no be property", obviously they will be a few outliers, but those ones are still a bit effed (drugs,depression, etc).
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:41am On Nov 11, 2010
ocho cinco:

Here you are posting links Lording it with your ''imperious intelligence''. (Gosh. can't get over that. what a schmuck)

And I decide to tell the unsuspecting folks what a ridiculous fraud you are, and you are begging me to disappear.

Question still remains. . .Did you or did you not defend criminal piracy on another thread? And did you not defend it on the basis

And if you did, does that not make you a hypocrite considering these age cheats you are disparaging here

I reckon you are not a hypocrite. You are just silly. Really silly. The inconsistency is not obvious to you at all.

Oh shut up! Stop runnng! Stop creating distractions!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Nov 11, 2010
tsubodai:

About Mohd Abacha, in kano the abachas are practically royalty, its other nigerians that hate them (i'm not from kano).  The whole family still live there, the theory being sold by his people is that compared to others if he comes to power wealth woudln't be his major priority (albeit his was stolen) so he might be inclined to actually do a bit of work, pull a fashola, "a looter who actually works" (again importance of educated populace). hmm wsnt that bukola's argument too undecided.

kilode, those "friends", trust me when i say this, the ones that brag and are very in your face, are the ones that suffer the most when the tide turns. cos it ALWAYS  does "i get am before, no be property", obviously they will be a few outliers, but those ones are still a bit effed (drugs,depression, etc).    

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2010
tsubodai:

they didn't want to see anything just how much we were dropping, for bank loans the finance officer will tell you straight if i get the bank to approve Nxxx.00  for you this will be my cut.

Jesus Christ!!!

tsubodai:

Retards!!!

tsubodai:

GBAM!!!

About 80% of the Northern kids from corrupt families I have met (admittedly I have not met a lot) and I have heard of from people that move in their clique are on drugs like coke.

They live in flashy, expensive pads in the Marble-Arch, Bayswater, Baker Street areas.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Kilode1: 2:02am On Nov 11, 2010
tsubodai:

Kilode, i am not acting like it isn't a big deal,  i was just responding to the thread. I am back in Nigeria, and I do understand the bigger picture, i spent 2 years in lagos and abuja trying to grow a company 2 of my friends and I setup (putting the western education to good use), we believed we did everything right, we just didn't bank on how effed up the system was, they didn't want to see anything just how much we were dropping, for bank loans the finance officer will tell you straight if i get the bank to approve Nxxx.00  for you this will be my cut. I couldn't deal will that, so dusted up my degrees and applied for a job. What i am saying is at the end of the day this is the only country  we have, even more so for "corrupt politicians children" i have been to the other side and the only difference between them and us, is the education of their populace,the world is truly becoming global for us to succeed we need at least 70% efficient leadership agree to setup infrastructure, implementation of law and order, pretty much do what a Government is suppose to do,and actually give the country a chance.

I hear you brother. I will like to point out the parts in bold, especially this: "What i am saying is at the end of the day this is the only country  we have, even more so for "corrupt politicians children"

I recently read a thread here on NL where Ajanlekoko and some other posters were talking about the theory of interdependence, I've not read the 7 habits book by Stephen Covey, but I've read Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto -he spoke about that same principle of interdependence, albeit on a Macro scale -We are all connected and no matter how rich and detached you are, you cannot be completely removed from the effects of our societal rot. On the flip side, I believe that when it works for the majority, the possibility of it working in your favour increases dramatically.

Bill Clinton(I'm not a big fan) recently spoke about a similar principle on a Fareed Zakaria CNN interview. I do not have the exact quote but, he mentioned that America is a great nation because the leaders and people believe that tomorrow can be better than today and that every American has a personal moral responsibility to make it so.  I think he called it "future perspective" Clinton went on to say that he feels America is now losing that belief.

I believe Nigeria has never practiced it.

Until we have enough people/leaders who see the benefits of giving up a bit of our selfish impulse, we will not build the kind of society we seek. Obviously, you tasted a bit of what the lower class experience daily, even though your own father was a part of the rot as you alluded to. I hope those following this thread are taking lessons from your honest stories,  I am.

I do not want to preach or moralize, but I do see the point in your last paragraph, I will just add that those who suffered the side effects of empty, gluttonous living by falling into depression and drug addiction are getting off easily.

I'm more worried about the cyclical nature of human history, a country of 150million people cannot continue with this kind of cultural and political madness, Eventually, there will be blood, then maybe some calm after.

We'll all have something to lose.

Edited : link to Ajanlekoko's comment--> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=548303.msg7114727#msg7114727
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Bhola(f): 3:22am On Nov 11, 2010
So, lets talk about the topic. To curse or not to curse? I am a great believer in cursing Nigerian politicians, up to their sixth generations. I refuse to make friends with kids of politicians. I know someone that I will never date. I told him, there is no way in hell I would date him, simply because his dad was/is a politician. I know how many people have rained curses on him. Even me sef, I have. So why on earth will I want to fi ori ko epe (collect curse for my head)?

Someone asked me how that is the politician’s fault. Ok, here is the scenario, as the governor of a state, you decided to steal all the money and put it in your account. You refused to pay civil servants their salaries. Now, a child is brought to the hospital, her parents both work for Ministry of Miserable, they haven’t been paid for six months. The hospital is not fully equipped and it took about 4 hours before they were acknowledged. At this point the child is dead. She died of common stomach ache. Now, who is at fault? The parents for wanting a treatment for their kid? The hospital staffs that were nowhere to be found? Or the governor that decided to better his life and the life of his family alone? If the parents rain curses on the governor and his six generations to come, are they justified? If they say, may the governor never know peace and may all the kids that are their kid’s age, die, are they justified? Probably. When you are in pain, and the pain could have been deviated, if something was done on time, you will definitely feel like cursing any and everybody that could have fixed that problem.

What we sow, we will surely reap. For all the kids that did not go to school, because your dad used the money to send you to school in America; for all the parents that could not afford food, because your mother used their salaries to get a tummy tuck; for all the young men that died from joining bad groups because they couldncouldn't a job and have been unemployed for years. For all of these people that all they did was to be unfortunate to be born in Nigeria and your parents caused them agony, may your parents and the next six generations, know agony and may peace never reign in you abode.

1 Like

Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by bawomolo(m): 3:46am On Nov 11, 2010
^^^

you might want to grow up. your mates are campaigning for change in the polling booth and the court room while you are ranting like a child on nairaland.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by dayokanu(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2010
^^ Do you have a prior beef with her?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by invisible2(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ Do you have a prior beef with her?

I wonder o, abi she no allow am 'do' for night?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2010
bawomolo:

^^^

you might want to grow up. your mates are campaigning for change in the polling booth and the court room while you are ranting like a child on nairaland.

I'm pissed off at all these people campaigning for "vote and make your vote count."  May be you thing the rigging is done  in Lagos alone.  There are some places/local government where the indigenes/residents don't even know what the ballot papers look like.

In such areas how do you vote and defend your vote?

you are worried because this discussion is about people like you? are you afraid of the curses? Don't worry yourself, just ignore people who want to rant and continue enjoying your wealth. angry angry angry
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by oluite(f): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2010
cityofsin:

@ oluite. If you have nothing valueable to contribute just shut up because you sound painfully dumb.

I liked the guts of the guy who was able to stand up to his parents and fend for himself.I am afraid i dont understand how that bothers you.I did say you should continue reading basically because i sensed you dont really care!I guess that simple statement warranted this very interesting opinion you have of me!!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2010
Bhola:

So, lets talk about the topic. To curse or not to curse? I am a great believer in cursing Nigerian politicians, up to their sixth generations. I refuse to make friends with kids of politicians. I know someone that I will never date. I told him, there is no way in hell I would date him, simply because his dad was/is a politician. I know how many people have rained curses on him. Even me sef, I have. So why on earth will I want to fi ori ko epe (collect curse for my head)?

Someone asked me how that is the politician’s fault. Ok, here is the scenario, as the governor of a state, you decided to steal all the money and put it in your account. You refused to pay civil servants their salaries. Now, a child is brought to the hospital, her parents both work for Ministry of Miserable, they haven’t been paid for six months. The hospital is not fully equipped and it took about 4 hours before they were acknowledged. At this point the child is dead. She died of common stomach ache. Now, who is at fault? The parents for wanting a treatment for their kid? The hospital staffs that were nowhere to be found? Or the governor that decided to better his life and the life of his family alone? If the parents rain curses on the governor and his six generations to come, are they justified? If they say, may the governor never know peace and may all the kids that are their kid’s age, die, are they justified? Probably. When you are in pain, and the pain could have been deviated, if something was done on time, you will definitely feel like cursing any and everybody that could have fixed that problem.

What we sow, we will surely reap. For all the kids that did not go to school, because your dad used the money to send you to school in America; for all the parents that could not afford food, because your mother used their salaries to get a tummy tuck; for all the young men that died from joining bad groups because they couldncouldn't a job and have been unemployed for years. For all of these people that all they did was to be unfortunate to be born in Nigeria and your parents caused them agony, may your parents and the next six generations, know agony and may peace never reign in you abode.

Even though I can understand the anger of an average Nigerian especially when one struggles everyday in Nigeria or even abroad and then sees these corrupt politicians or their dependents living in cornucopian luxury (e.g. riding in some expensive car with a driver out of their fleet of exotic cars past the dearth poor struggling) and having an air of looking down on others thinking they are better, I still think it is quite crass to rain insults on people that find themselves as part of a situation they cannot control especially when they object to it.

Very crass and simpletonistic!!! Punish people for their sins, not a sin by ancestry.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^

ocho cinco:

I reckon you are not a hypocrite. You are just silly. Really silly. The inconsistency is not obvious to you at all.

What ocho cinco posted is true this sagamite guy is a complete fraud, imagine what he is saying

Sagamite:

Even though I can understand the anger of an average Nigerian especially when one struggles everyday in Nigeria or even abroad and then sees these corrupt politicians or their dependents living in cornucopian luxury (e.g. riding in some expensive car with a driver out of their fleet of exotic cars past the dearth poor struggling) and having an air of looking down on others thinking they are better, I still think it is quite crass to rain insults on people that find themselves as part of a situation they cannot control especially when they object to it.

Very crass and simpletonistic!!! Punish people for their sins, not a sin by ancestry.

And he hates Abacha's son! What crime did Abacha's son commit against you?
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2010
agitator:

^^

What ocho cinco posted is true this sagamite guy is a complete fraud, imagine what he is saying

And he hates Abacha's son! What crime did Abacha's son commit against you?

You are retarded!!!

If you want to take ocho cinco's whooping on his behalf, I would gladly give it to you.

Retard, I hate Mohammed Abacha as he was part of the looting with his father, living off it at an old age unrepetantly, trying to prevent Nigeria from getting the stolen funds back and has no contrition as he is also seeking political power.

That is what you daft cement brain could not figure out as I told you earlier, you asinine goat!

Your brain is worthless, you need to end it. Do the right thing:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRcEudYqko[/flash]

Retard!!!
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by freshera: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2010
Bhola:

[size=13pt]What we sow, we will surely reap. For all the kids that did not go to school, because your dad used the money to send you to school in America; for all the parents that could not afford food, because your mother used their salaries to get a tummy tuck; for all the young men that died from joining bad groups because they couldncouldn't a job and have been unemployed for years. For all of these people that all they did was to be unfortunate to be born in Nigeria and your parents caused them agony, may your parents and the next six generations, know agony and may peace never reign in you abode.[/size]

DOES GOD EVER REVENGE? Don't think so. Even when He does and for example, the kids maybe have serious migraine ask for forgiveness and get healed?

Or a pastor prays for them to be free of the "curses"? What then happens to the millions of wasted Nigerian destinies? Will God's revenge bring them back or help them as the case may be?

What if they don't have kids ? (highly impossible though)Thats why the law must take its course. Let them all die now! cry I keep dreaming
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
@sagamite,

You don't need to remind me how retarded I'm but you are a smart coward. Why don't you ask for the prosecution of those that looted public funds and are still alive enjoying the loot? Some looted and made sure their children had the best education money can acquire, bring them back and set them up. Some of those children are into politics as we are discussing and you don't ask for their head. Yet you are asking for the head of Abacha's son.

I'm not supporting Abacha's son, but this attitude of yours is the problem we have in this country. People are accused Ribadu of selective justice, while they do worse.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by jaybee3(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2010
OK here is the deal in simpler terms
There are various evidence to back Mohammed Abacha's participation in some of the atrocities committed by his father whilst he was still at the helm hence saga's stance.

We can't categorically claim this (No solid evidence) for many other wards of the good for nothing looters hence you can't punish the child simply because the parent was no good.

Conjectures don't hold in court.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
^^

With the evidences why has he not been prosecuted?  or is he also entitled to immunity?

apart from one poster who said something about curses, i can't remember who said the children should be punished.

My problem with nigerians is when you see people claiming to the educated trying to explain off something that is ridiculous.

Previously it was immunity clause which they were clamoring to be removed from the constitution. But years after most of the those protected by the immunity clause left office, they walking freely. Plus not all the looters are protected by the immunity clause.

There is a reason for the immunity clause. I believe all countries with have immunity from prosecution for their leaders in the various constitutions.

Essence of the immunity clause is to protect the leader from civil litigation to enable him/her concentrate on the governance of the people. e.g. If a citizen sues the governor on a civil matter he's supposed to be present in court. The clause is to avoid embarrassing situations like this, imagine the president/governor being the highest office holder in the country/state saying "your honour," but if there is evidence that he/she has committed a criminal offense then he/she is impeached by the legislature to face the criminal charges in court.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by jaybee3(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
why are the likes of Obj,babangida, omisore, akala et al still walking the street.
It's Nigeria at the end of the day. Anything/everything goes grin grin grin
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by monkeyleg: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2010
We are not prepared to do the things necessary to bring about change. As a people we are inherently politically lazy.

See Uduaghan for one. Everyone knows he is a big Thief, Big Big Thief. He has just been kciked out of office, In my opinion he should be locked up the state accounts audited, and the Bastard jailed. But what is EFCC doing? Mrs Waziri has her fingers up her Nyash, let her pull it out an do some work. The Deltans should be shouting and clamouring for Uduaghan neck, but no, I have even seen people backing him, saying no be only am chop. What a country.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
agitator:

@sagamite,

You don't need to remind me how retarded I'm but you are a smart coward. Why don't you ask for the prosecution of those that looted public funds and are still alive enjoying the loot? Some looted and made sure their children had the best education money can acquire, bring them back and set them up. Some of those children are into politics as we are discussing and you don't ask for their head. Yet you are asking for the head of Abacha's son.

I'm not supporting Abacha's son, but this attitude of yours is the problem we have in this country.  People are accused Ribadu of selective justice, while they do worse.

You are retarded!!!

The problem in Nigeria is that there are a lot of retards like you and they are also vocal instead of doing as they are told.

For example I told you to end it and shoot yourself but you are too daft to comprehend such a simple message and still have the audacity to continue chatting rubbish.

You fall into the 3rd category for the woods here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376162.32.html#msg6956697

It might sound inhumane and against your human rights but, fk lawd, it is logical and expedient instead of wasting resources on something that will not generate any result worth the value of the effort.

How did your retarded, moronic, asinine brain come to the conclusion that I don't call for looters alive to be prosecuted? Fooool!

Conjecture and sophism throwing retard!

agitator:

^^

With the evidences why has he not been prosecuted?  or is he also entitled to immunity?

apart from one poster who said something about curses, i can't remember who said the children should be punished.

My problem with nigerians is when you see people claiming to the educated trying to explain off something that is ridiculous.

Previously it was immunity clause which they were clamoring to be removed from the constitution. But years after most of the those protected by the immunity clause left office, they walking freely. Plus not all the looters are protected by the immunity clause.

There is a reason for the immunity clause.  I believe all countries with have immunity from prosecution for their leaders in the various constitutions.

Essence of the immunity clause is to protect the leader from civil litigation to enable him/her concentrate on the governance of the people. e.g. If a citizen sues the governor on a civil matter he's supposed to be present in court. The clause is to avoid embarrassing situations like this, imagine the president/governor being the highest office holder in the country/state saying "your honour,"  but if there is evidence that he/she has committed a criminal offense then he/she is impeached by the legislature to face the criminal charges in court.

Retard, so why are you moaning to us here?

Someone told you that we are the ones in charge? Cretin!

If you dare vote, I will order someone to take you out. You should not have a right to a vote. See my signature.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
So all this while you have been the person voting in all this criminals grin
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2010
agitator:

So it this while you have been the person voting in all this criminals grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QmG9WCM6Lk[/flash]
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by agitator: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
Mr aristocrat denying legitimate voters their rights.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
agitator:

@sagamite,
I'm not supporting Abacha's son, but this attitude of yours is the problem we have in this country. People are accused Ribadu of selective justice, while they do worse.
You are very correct there. Honestly all this vitriol directed against a single person Mohammed Abacha , out of thousands of cases does not sit right with me.
It smells of the worst sort of cowardice to go after a man's son when the dad is no longer around to shield him.
And no disgruntled elements like Nubia should not say yes he was involved in money laundering when it is no secret that other sons and daughters of corrupt leaders in Nigeria were/are also involved in money laundering.
Condemn money laundering if you like but don't just pick on one man when it is clearly a very generic issue amongst the Nigerian ruling class.
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Sagamite(m): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2010
tensor777:

You are very correct there. Honestly all this vitriol directed against a single person Mohammed Abacha , out of thousands of cases does not sit right with me.
It smells of the worst sort of cowardice to go after a man's son when the dad is no longer around to shield him.
And no disgruntled elements like Nubia should not say yes he was involved in money laundering when it is no secret that other sons and daughters of corrupt leaders in Nigeria were/are also involved in money laundering.
Condemn money laundering if you like but don't just pick on one man when it is clearly a very generic issue amongst the Nigerian ruling class.

You do have pro01's thinking and argument. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.0.html
Re: How Does The Thieving Of Corrupt Nigerians Affect Their Kids? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
^What are you on about? You are referring to the guy's indefensible and incomprehensible position on the attempted lawful arrest of fugitive James Onanefe Ibori with my position on this issue.
I am not even aware that Mohammed Abacha is a fugitive from justice or that he has refused to submit to the directives of constituted authority either in Nigeria or abroad .  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#BuhariShowYourCertificate / #revealed: Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu First "Igbo" GMD Of NNPC - The FCT Post / Alhassan Ado Doguwa Faces Sanction Over Comments On Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.