Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? (605 Views)

Military Not Sincere On Casualty Figure Of Sunday’s Attack – Borno Residents / Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by Nsiman(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
With reference to a finding by an agency in nigeria and discovery on how oil companies rip-off nigeria, what exactly is the figure of crude oil each oil company operating in nigeria produce daily? Take for instance, mobil producin nigeria, some people say they produce 600,000 bpd, others say 960,000 bpd, but 1999 mobil's report puts it over 1,000,000 bpd. And nigeria's opec quarter is about 2.2m bpd. Which is the truth?
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by Mruzoh1: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
I guess you have to google it and try listening to bisiness news cos "They say, they say" will not help issues. We just have to take what the real company publishes.
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by invisible2(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
Nsiman:

With reference to a finding by an agency in nigeria and discovery on how oil companies rip-off nigeria, what exactly is the figure of crude oil each oil company operating in nigeria produce daily? Take for instance, mobil producin nigeria, some people say they produce 600,000 bpd, others say 960,000 bpd, but 1999 mobil's report puts it over 1,000,000 bpd. And nigeria's opec quarter is about 2.2m bpd. Which is the truth?
Am not sure about other oil companies but am sure Mobil produces about 236.9 billion barrels per day!
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by Nsiman(m): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2010
@ Invisible, how are u doing, i understand u are the CEO of mobil, right? Not that of mpnu, abi?
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by ElRazur: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2010
The figures are not exact due to poor accountability and various black deals that happens in the back ground. I came across a article once and it suggested the real figures are probably two or three times more, however bunkering and all other "known" illegal means we will probably never know.
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by ow11(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

The figures are not exact due to poor accountability and various black deals that happens in the back ground. I came across a article once and it suggested the real figures are probably two or three times more, however bunkering and all other "known" illegal means.

You are right. We don't even know how much oil we have discovered. Some companies have been known to understate their find.
Re: What Is The Exact Figure Of Barrels Of Crude Oil Each Oil Company In Nigeria Produce Daily? by Nsiman(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2010
What i always ponder about is before the civil war i understand nigeria produced over 10,000,000 bpd, but dropped during the civil unrest. Now what is the cause of not attaining the figure it had before civil unrest, or did the sharp practices come in when nigeria was not involved in the affairs of oil production other than the oil companies, Ok now that nigeria is involved through NNPC, and oil is explored from nigeria why not nigeria investigate just as they did and discovered sharp practices of this oil companies?

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Just An Eye Service Governor He Sucks / Iran Again / Fundamental Change;presidency To Overhaul Security Over Abuja, Jos, Borno Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.