Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,976 members, 7,949,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (23294 Views)

How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:20am On Oct 20, 2019
break their head and see where u land
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Unrated900(m): 6:26am On Oct 20, 2019
From your expressions I perceived trash words

Example I went home to visit during holidays, her children broke the plate they were washing...

Any children can break anything, they are kids who knew nothing...

Correct your poor evil mind towards her kids...

How has your generation be cheated. Did she took away your $$$$$$ or enslaved you..Am seen you as a wicked sister

Why can’t you face your sister instead of her children

Change your style so your life can be better

Say no to vengeance

But las las if you still decided to do any wrong doing to the kids

Kirikiri awaits you..

Sorry for been blunt

That’s the way it’s done.

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Unrated900(m): 6:27am On Oct 20, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
break their head and see where u land

Don’t mind the idiot

That’s what I told her also..

She is a wicked girl from evil planet

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Unrated900(m): 6:29am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:

The children dey insult wella, something that I can never open my mouth to say to grown ups. That's what they say.

I also believe she knows what she was doing that's why she told her children not to greet me.

In fact it is an insult to not greet her when I was small na heavy knock she go use remind me that I didn't greet her.

I need solutions.

My parents which is their grandparents can't say anything because they've gotten old. I believe this is my time to step in

Alaye shut up and stop spilling trash

Your words are pointless

You such a damn wicked unreal person

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by chris51(f): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2019
My dear, things are different now. I was much harder on my 1st child than my on younger children.

Discipline yourself not to beat your sister's children. Are you the one paying their fees and feeding them?
NO.
Let their parents discipline them the way they like.
You wait to have your children and beat them as you like. It's then you will know what is called, CHILD ABUSE.

3 Likes

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2019
Most of what we call child's discipline is actually child abuse. I suggest you save your disciplinary energy for your own kids and let the parents of those kids admonish, chastise and discipline THEIR own kids according to their will.
[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by deebrain(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Sir/ Ma, for the love of your God as well as your life, LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!

If they turn out wrong, it's on the said woman and the children not you.

Its not a bad thing to correct another's child or children but it must be done with the approval of their parents.

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by OlujobaSamuel: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2019
Just help those kids to get more naughty and indiscipline, with time, it's gonna hurt them and they have brain reset.
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Ubdavis(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2019
off target priority.

2 Likes

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Fr33born(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Most aunts are like that. The funny thing is that most of the people that will comment here are also like but some of them don't know.
They don't tolerate rubbish when it comes to other peoples' children but they will never touch their own kids. Some won't even let you correct their children let alone beating them. Even when you report their children to them for something very serious, they will tell you they are just kids.
In fact, 80% of aunties are like that and to them, their children are the best behaved in the world. It's painful but just ignore them and pretend you don't see them. Even when you see them spoiling things, just look away.

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by bigfrancis21: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Samsonklin(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2019
Lol. The only children I do not beat is a non-blood relation. Be ye uncle, auntie, whatever, if you're related to me by blood, woe betide that pikin if he or she misbehave in my present. I dey beat them Weller, na face their mama go swell up. I go so beat them cos their parents nor let me rest when I small. F... Ck it. Beat them, if your auntie Wan fight you, fight her once and for all so that the children go just dey give you chance Weller make una just know say, una Don draw line. I go beat any kind pikin wey fu.. Ck up for my family as long as na blood. Na only outsider I nor go touch. Nonsense auntie
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Samsonklin(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2019
jenifer007:
Most relations are like that.They don't tolerate rubbish when it comes to other peoples' children but their own kids are like eggs nobody must touch them.That's total nonsense....Op if the children cross your path which I know they will because they believe they have their mother's support, show them the African method by scolding them wella, if their mum tries to shout at you in return,please endeavour to serve her tea hot too....Give her her own dose too then she will realize you are also a no nonsense person like her too and she will definitely give herself brain.

Trust me anyone that thinks say he or she get craze,that person never jam person wey get craze pass am.
Exactly my guy. In my family, no auntie or uncle can tell me that trash. I go so beat their pikin if them mis-yarn and pim, dem nor burn dem well cos I go give them hot hot. What rubbish. Na them first born? When dem loose guard me, my mama talk? Rubbish
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Charleys: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2019
Trezagezz:

You just want to retaliate not discipline...
So that venomous act from ur wicked auntie is still in ur Gene...
Change n let the children be..
Ur harshness to them Is making u see their stubbornness n many disrespectful act..
By the way how do you know that ur wicked auntie told them secretly to stop greeting u.
Are u a witch?

Them no dey greet you in front of their mother and you say how do I know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by immaculate1234(m): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Mind your business bro for me I don’t touch people’s kids for any reason especially if who gave birth to the kids don’t touch them

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by shadol0083(m): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2019
People need to run away from human like u........ u are wicked not moral instructor.......

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by RenHub: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:

The children dey insult wella, something that I can never open my mouth to say to grown ups. That's what they say.

I also believe she knows what she was doing that's why she told her children not to greet me.

In fact it is an insult to not greet her when I was small na heavy knock she go use remind me that I didn't greet her.

I need solutions.

My parents which is their grandparents can't say anything because they've gotten old. I believe this is my time to step in

If her kids insult me in in his presence I'd whoop them black and blue in her presence not to talk of behind her back. If she objects I'd remind her how many times I have ever talked back at her as her elder sister. She can pocket you cos you still go to her for favours. Always draw a line as a man

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Either goodly or badly you have been accommodated and trained as a niece ...so, wisdom that you shld obey the guiding rules or rebuke of those people that accommodate you...

So, do your own part and move on when the time comes
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Stillthebest: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:

I need solutions.

If you learn to stay in your mother's house, she won't ask her kids never to greet you.

And if your parents are the grand parents to her kids then, She is never your aunt but your sister.

1 Like

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by blaise26abj(m): 7:33am On Oct 20, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

They're not your children, and if their parent doesn't want them to be disciplined by you, kindly respect her wishes and also respect yourself.
If you think she's behind her children not greeting you, then stop greeting her too. Shikena.
She cannot force you to greet her, same way you cannot force her children to greet you.
A lot of kids in the 80s and early 90s suffered this. My opinion is avoid her. Don’t disrespect her or beat her kids. Just avoid her totally. And if she speaks up, tell her all the evils she did to you as a kid in the presence of the whole family. Nonsense woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by immaculate1234(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2019
When you give a kid the right training and discipline he/she will be strong emotionally, mentally and otherwise but when you leave the kid to do whatever he/she likes they will grow up to be weak emotionally, mentally and otherwise.

Those kids drinking sniper and all the went through the latter so I am not surprised.

Advice for parents: train your kids well
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by OvaSabi1(f): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:

I need solutions.

It is not your time to step in anything. Where are you in life presently? Are you in school? Are you working? Why don't you have your own house or pay your own rent? Are you their father?
This vindictive mentality will pull you back from achieving great things in life. Just imagine at your age and level, you're making a whole nairaland topic on how to discipline another person's children.
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Strica(f): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:
I have this aunt who used to flog me, give me all sorts of punishment when I was a child.

Most of my childhood worst childhood memories are tied to her.
But she thought me lots of things, like self discipline, patience etc.

I was always with her when my mum was working.

Fast forward to now....
She has two kids (boy & a girl) very stubborn.

She doesn't want me to do the same thing she used to do to me. Is it fair at all.

Example I went home to visit during holidays, her children broke the plate they were washing...

If I was the one hell would have broken loose that day but while I was talking to them I noticed she was protecting them. I kept quiet.

Secondly when I tell them to do something they do not do it, that will be the right time to flog them.. but my aunty boldly told me not to touch her children.

I believe deep inside me I'm trying to pay her for the evil she use to do to me but I'm not aware of it.

Or am I being too harsh on them... Her kids.
Why doesn't she want me to also flog her children. My mum never had problem with her if I did something wrong. So why is she having problems with me now that her kids are doing things wrong.

I believe my generation have been cheated, children dont learn anymore in school. in fact she secretly told her children not to greet me. (This can never happen if I did this to her).

What should be my next move now. Because I believe there's a cold war going on in the house.

Note we stay at family house when we travel back to the village.

Note it's out of disrespect that makes me think this way.

I wouldn't advice you to ignore them because those children are related to your unborn children and their actions will affect, directly or indirectly, your children tomorrow. I wouldn't advice you to be strong handed with them either as that would only create more drama. Treat them nicely; if their mum badmouths you to and before them cancel that negativity with kindness. You can even use the carrot and stick method, employ rewards and most importantly, pray.
Pray that God gives you the right motivation for seeking to correct them and also pray that they come to understand that you care for them.
I hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Aladdin1(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2019
Abeg leave that aunty and the past torment she gave you to God.but if on a thoughtful side you did agree that the discipline she gave you taught you to be patient and to be a better man.so pls ignore her and her children and face your life before the devil would use you to do something you would regret.focus on ur life.have your own kids and discipline them the way you want.since you all go the village and stay together in the same house.i would suggest you dont go to the village again with them,stay in d city and visit ur parents when those insolent children and their mother wont be there.obviously your aunty is a wicked woman.so avoid her and her children b4 ur compromised emotions land you in prison.

2 Likes

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by ogbevireo(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:
I have this aunt who used to flog me, give me all sorts of punishment when I was a child.

Fast forward to now....

She doesn't want me to do the same thing she used to do to me. Is it fair at all.

If I was the one hell would have broken loose that day but while I was talking to them I noticed she was protecting them. I kept quiet.

Secondly when I tell them to do something they do not do it, that will be the right time to flog them.. but my aunty boldly told me not to touch her children.

I believe deep inside me I'm trying to pay her for the evil she use to do to me but I'm not aware of it.

Why doesn't she want me to also flog her children. My mum never had problem with her if I did something wrong. So why is she having problems with me now that her kids are doing things wrong.

I believe my generation have been cheated, children dont learn anymore in school. in fact she secretly told her children not to greet me. (This can never happen if I did this to her).

What should be my next move now. Because I believe there's a cold war going on in the house.

You have clearly stated that your 'discipline' which you wish to instil in the children is not altruistic.

So your next move is to take the wool off your eyes and start to see the children from a clear perspective before you can think of discipline for them.

Her telling the children not to greet you also means there is more than an attempt to correct these children on your part. Their mum has obviously seen that you are trying to mistreat the children because of your history with her.

I however do not support her telling the children not to respect you, as that will inadvertently ruin the children.

I suggest you leave her children for her though. You can discipline other children who you are not biased towards, since true discipline can only be done in love and not otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Sammiejokes(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2019
If your Aunty can make her children disrespect you irrespective of the past. It is time you show that your immature Aunty some dose of disrespect. U should leave the children out of it.

2 Likes

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by 198800Mam(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2019
ITS REALLY FUNNY THIS POST, MR POSTER ARE YOU TIED TO YOUR AUNT AND HER CHILDREN, IF YOU WANT CHILDREN TO DISCIPLINED GO GET A HOUSE, A WIFE AND CHILDREN TO START DISCIPLINING..GO AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AND LET YOUR AUNT HV PEACE AND REST OF MIND WITH HER CHILDREN
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Buffalo2(m): 8:33am On Oct 20, 2019
E be like say una no get work abi? Wetin una still dey do for ur aunt's house at this ur age?
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by dizzzzy14: 8:35am On Oct 20, 2019
U dey mad ohhhh, so this is ur problem, jobless youths.
Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Tayor23(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2019
That's how generational curse start. ..now it has started with you and the trend would continue from one generation to the other

3 Likes

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 20, 2019
Charleys:

Fast forward to now....

Always remember, "my own and our/your own aren't the same" this principle works in all aspect of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. by ayokellany: 8:58am On Oct 20, 2019
Ignore her children n pay her back in her own coin. Those who groom their children to be disrespectful hate to be disrespected.
Talk to her with lil or no respect and let her know how irrelevant whatever she as to say matters to you. She can no longer beat or knock your head her children will learn the disciple she's shielding they from that way.
Charleys:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? / Anambra State Government Releases Statement On Alleged Child Marriage / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.