Stats: 3,190,274 members, 7,940,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself (1415 Views)

Woman Marries HERSELF After Being Singlefor 6 Years (photos) / Woman Marries A Ferris Wheel (Jangolova) / See Photos: Woman Marries Herself - 300 Guests In Attendance (2) (3) (4)

Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by treylaw: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
[size=20pt]Taiwan woman 'marries' herself[/size]

– Sun Nov 7, 1:35 am ET

TAIPEI (AFP) – A Taiwanese woman said Sunday she had "married" herself by throwing a wedding banquet.

The 30-year-old Chen Wei-yi, who has been an Internet sensation since announcing her "wedding" plans last month, held the ceremony in a Taipei hotel Saturday witnessed by 30 relatives and friends.

"Marrying myself is a way of showing that I am confident and upbeat and that I accept myself for who I am," said Chen, who is an office worker.

"We must love ourselves before we can love others. I must marry myself before marrying the special someone," she told AFP.

Chen's supporters have hailed the move as "creative," with some suggesting a group wedding for those who wanted to "marry" themselves, according to her Facebook page.

Taiwanese authorities have said that many women now choose to marry at an older age or to stay single, which is seen as a major factor causing the island's birth rates to dwindle to one of the world's lowest.

A record low 117,000 Taiwanese couples tied the knot in 2009, down nearly a quarter on the previous year, according to government figures.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101107/od_afp/taiwanmarriageoffbeat_20101107063614

Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Mygoldie(f): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2010
good for her then.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Dsense(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by bigfoot79(m): 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
did she kiss herself?
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Omolola1(f): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
Nice
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by treylaw: 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
bigfoot79:

did she  kiss herself?

ROFLMAO  cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Coolabbie: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2010
If women are now getting married 2 demselves among oda tings den wat d hell do we need d male species 4.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by chronique(m): 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2010
that's the begining of feeling rejected.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
^^ i differ cos she said, she wants to show love to her self before the special one comes.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by tpia5: 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
_______ man or men to the rescue. wink

what's that radar thing like spidey sense- the version where the men sense a woman in need of male company and zone in on the lady.

well, here's your cue.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2010
I will be the next person to marry her. I'm going to Taiwan next month already, am gonna contact her.

The next news would be : A Nigerian young handsome guy marries a Taiwanese older lady.
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by lovejo(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
Cos she can easily get adult stuff, so why not. end of the world
Re: Taiwan Woman 'marries' Herself by onstelly(f): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
See wetin loneliness dey cause.

Am Going On A Recess: / Nigerian Ladies Vs Nigerian Police / A Question For The Nigerian Women