Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,701 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr (23627 Views)

Is Paul Onuachu Using "Juju" On Genort Rohr ? / Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper / 'Genort Rohr Should Live In Nigeria' - Etim Esin, Former Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by PopeFlatino(m): 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
U deserve one crate of Heineken
Dobson43:
This is because Nigerians need an avenue to vent their furstrations. Example we complain about everything....bbnajia, buhari, apc, pdp, girlfriends, man friends. I dare say it's in you like peak but in this case us.

The gaffer does not come across as a person that knows his onions. He doesn't actually inspire confidence.

His tinkerings can be annoying.

But it's a change from the status quo of choosing players based on quota as against form. Yes he is a scout. But what is he supposed to be? With the abundance of players at his disposal, he should be.

The powers that be that influences choice of players have apparently lost their voice.

So why is he critised. I will tell you this: his game management sucks. He is tactically inept, cant read the games and make the necessary calls in terms of shoring defense or marshalling out the right subs. Our players shine due to individual performances. How can you be leading and you can't close shop. We were 2goals up with Ukraine and yet we conceded annoying goals. The same script replayed with Brazil.

He is trying but I guess people are getting fed up with that script of rebuilding.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by henryhemon(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
kenzysmith:
Good day fellow nigerians i have come to realize that genort rohr have come to sentimental critizing from most nigerians since he got the job. For me genort rohr has done well he is building a strong squad for the future we don't have players from real madrid' psg,liverpool or bacerlona. So we don't expect to be winning every matches where as this is friendly and is not a must win sitiuation is an avenue for testing new players . Buh for us to draw with brazil is a big plus for us. For the ist time players are been picked base on form not name which is a welcome development for us. Constructive critism is welcome not setimental critism due to ur clamour for a local coach. With Genort rohr i see nigerian football moving to the next level.

I don't think most Nigerians don't like him, I think many feel we have to do better,we don't dominate games and we wait on counter attacks,we seem to have given up even before the game ends coupled with the goalkeeping issue. However, on the overall he has done well, there is no sentiment in picking players, players seem to respect him because he is objective,only have issue with his tactics.

Nigerians love good football, like the barca and former Arsenal under wenger use to dominate n play games. we have no better indigenous option now except a more high profile coach who might not want to come to Nigeria considering the way we do things here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by DarkJeddi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
boninho:

That's the mentality we are talking about. So if he discovered talents and over time they are not fully maximized, he should still remain just because he discovered them.... football is about progressiveness. He has performed reasonably, it's appreciated but we have to keep moving forward and the fact is hes not innovative and tactically sound enough to orchestrate that next step
The Super Eagles is a work in progress,

You either stick with continuity and reap the benefits..

Or

You can choose to chop and change at the slightest opportunity..

Left to some of you,

A Coach should be sacked the next day he failed to win a match..

The Super Eagles is on the right track and Rohr should be left to continue with the work he is doing..

He came and took us to a World Cup and the Semi Finals of the Nations Cup with a young and inexperienced team..

It's only logical that the team be allowed to reach their potential as they mature with an eye to the Coming Tournaments..

We all hail Westerhof today,forgetting he was given time and space to deliver upon all the condemnations..

How many of his immediate Predecessors can be termed a Success?

Oliseh,Siasia,Chukwu,Eguavoen,Onigbinde? shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Legendguru: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Frank de boer
Wim jonk
Tscheu la ling
All three would gladly jump at the chance to coach nigeria
I would have called dennis bergkamp but he does not travel
There are better coaches than rohr but sadly nff greed will always make them choose the cheap option
frank was a flop at crystal palace, the rest two have no knowledge of african football genort has a well undstandble knowledge of african football and he is building a strong youthful squad my brother what did clerance seedorf achieve with cameroun? GERMAN coaches re better
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by willyjacs(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:
He has over stayed his welcome.

The gods have written him off. He should be relieved off his job.

Amoju Pinnick and co take upper hand in decision makings.

Only an indigenous coach will take Nigerian football to a higher height. Believe it or not.
how will a local coach take us forward??

Moving a team forward is not determined by local or foreign coach...

For the first time since Clement westerhof took naija to our first world cup in 1994 and Olympic victory in 1996 by Johannes Bonfrefre with a group of hungry players....This is the first time a coach is grooming a team of young hungry players based on performance..... unlike our indigenous coaches that corruption and favoritism often affect their team selection.

There's harmony in this team, the future is bright...
How long a coach stays doesn't matter in sports....as long as the team is moving towards the right direction.

Let's drop sentiments aside and reason like sportsmen.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by LZAA: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
kenzysmith:
frank was a flop at crystal palace, the rest two have no knowledge of african football genort has a well undstandble knowledge of african football and he is building a strong youthful squad my brother what did clerance seedorf achieve with cameroun? GERMAN coaches re better
Gnarby also flopped in english football now he's balling in munich
Flopping in england means nothing
Westerhof had little knowledge of African football before his appointment yet he excelled
You really want to compare the CURRENT cameroun players to Nigerian players?
grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by PopeFlatino(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Exactly d comment I have expected ....He simply can't perform in teams that plays more conservative tactics,where d striker gets involved with d counters and have to run to d wings to spread d ball.

His club sides has been favouring him maybe because the leagues he has played are if low tempo different from the top 5 league's average.

He serves as point man in those clubs for crosses(poacher) but in SE who Sabi cross ball self?
ubcandid:

Check his stats for his clubs in Europe.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:

Gnarby also flopped in english football now he's balling in munich
Flopping in england means nothing
Westerhof had little knowledge of African football before his appointment yet he excelled
You really want to compare the CURRENT cameroun players to Nigerian players?
grin
oga how many of our players play for top clubs? Apart from ndidi, iwobi chukweze, ekong and osinmeh which players is playing 4 big clubs d players u now boast of was integrate into d team by rohr. When rohr came there was bunch of old meat they ve all been got rid off genort calm down and watch us storming d world by 2022
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by ubcandid(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Exactly d comment I have expected ....He simply can't perform in teams that plays more conservative tactics,where d striker gets involved with d counters and have to run to d wings to spread d ball.

His club sides has been favouring him maybe because the leagues he has played are if low tempo different from the top 5 league's average.

He serves as point man in those clubs for crosses(poacher) but in SE who Sabi cross ball self?

I won't agree with the low tempo. He scored against Manchester United and was a torn in the flesh of their defenders. The guy just doesn't click with build up play. Osimehin himself had gassed out as the game wore down to continuous falling deep to get into play. Rohr is too orthodoxly defensive minded for my liking. Same reason we conceded the goal against Argentina. You have creative players but decide to sit deep with not the best of central defenders. Simon Kalu and Moses Simon are attackers but are deployed as wing backs in the Eagles team, he is even trying to get chukwueze play similar. It's left for the coach to devise a tactics to suit the talent available to him.

* if you go by he low tempo analysis, players like van nistelrooy, berbatov et al would not have made name for themselves in those leagues. Rohr's style doesn't favour poachers.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by LZAA: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
kenzysmith:
oga how many of our players play for top clubs? Apart from ndidi, iwobi chukweze, ekong and osinmeh which players is playing 4 big clubs d players u now boast of was integrate into d team by rohr. When rohr came there was bunch of old meat they ve all been got rid off genort calm down and watch us storming d world by 2022
God go sha keep us till wc 22 grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kenzysmith: 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
LZAA:
God go sha keep us till wc 22 grin
AMEN MY BRODA

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Dobson43: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
PopeFlatino:
U deserve one crate of Heineken

Make I send you my address ni

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
MikeTyson:
Cos he's a craKKKa

We must put a stop to whitewashing Nigeria... From Floral Shaw to Lord Lugard, and now this mofo craKKKa. Enough is enough! We have All it takes to be great economically and otherwise but until we stop brown-nosing all these mother fvckkking rednecks, our situation will continue to deteriorate.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kechywillz(m): 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
I wonder the kind of coach the people that don't like our coach are clamoring for? He is the best thing to happen to Nigerian football after westerholf and Stephen keshi

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
quickly:

Siasia
Equaveon
KEshi
Oliseh
Amodu

them plenti

nigerian coaches na to dey collect bribe dem sabi
Thank u jare
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Nice365: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
VillageHead:
He has over stayed his welcome.

The gods have written him off. He should be relieved off his job.

Amoju Pinnick and co take upper hand in decision makings.

Only an indigenous coach will take Nigerian football to a higher height. Believe it or not.
Scam, no way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Shina500(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
baiaon:
His style of football is boring and he is a white european

Boring? How?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Adakintroy2: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
Skseries:
u just making excuses for him, at the world cup, against Argentina we started with a 3-5-2 then after second half we scored a goal, all we needed was a draw, it was very obvious Brian idowu was tired and it was obvious alot if the attack was from his wing, meaning the argentines were exploiting it for his weakness, we had a coach who sat at the side line, 7mins to go with zero substitute, zero tactical adjustment, zero formation adjustment. Argentina already added 2fresh legs and our coach didn't feel the need to add to the back line, so they scored and he brought in 4 players with 4mins to go, Biko was it needed again?
Nation cup, we played a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 till that semi final match, majorly relying on our wing players, and this worked bcus the opposition defence were over lapping, the Algeria team had a team whose backline doesn't over lap, and the yeye coach went in there with the same game plan wing play that weren't working, and all Tru we played same way trying things that was not working... Friendly with Brazil, we entered the game with much respect for them so we sat back, we got the first clear chance and it was obvious we could play ball with them and win, and we later got the goal, the goal made Brazil attack more and we begin to seat too deep, the coach sat at the touch line and couldn't ask the guys to attack and not seat back, a coach shud know his team strength and weakness, ours is attack and defense respectively. We all know the best form of defense is attack, we luckily went a goal up to second half, we came back and begin to seat back again and the coach again, Brazil made a change and the game change completely, they got a goal our coach didn't feel the need to change till 72min and his first change was a forced substitute.

He finally decided to change and he brought him a slow player, it was obvious our problem wasn't the attack but midfield, attackers won't score if they don't get the ball, iwobi was barely doing much,

Rhor doesn't go into game with a backup tactics, and he isn't flexible neither does he take risk.

He said ezenwa is 2nd choice but he couldn't start him yesterday, said he is game rusty, so why does he take me to games? U invite players and won't use them. We have a fantastic team and player pool, all we need is a good coach.

What is working for him is individual ability of there players.

You been listin all the things he got wrong. What about the ones he got right. He qualified us for that world cup with games to spare. One of the hardest group. With Cameron, Algeria..what was your take on him then. Nobody gave us a chance beating agentIna anyway and it was a tight game. Are you comparing our quality to what agentin a have?. We lost to eventual champions Algeria with almost the last kick of the game. That's was how tight it was while knocking out defending champion Cameroon
I say there is no shame in that. It was a good outing and we end up third.

no matter what you say the man has improve the national team and the boys respect him. The team is organised and players show up early. We are not just participate in cm petitions we are making impacts plus it a very young side with potential for improvment.

Ukraine draw, Brazil draw. I say that's beyond anyone's expectation

If you don't gambles. It was 5.30- 55 against Ukraine. And 11.20 - 22 against brazil. If your don't know what that means it means the world see us as the underdogs in both games.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Laurene: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
maxiflexy:
If Rohr is not sack before the FIFA 2022 World cup qualifiers begin, Nigerians will have to settle to watching other nations on display in Qatar
and you will replace him abi?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by maxiflexy(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
Laurene:
and you will replace him abi?
Keep celebrating mediocrity undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by OLAJADON: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2019
ubcandid:

Check his stats for his clubs in Europe.
he has had enough time to prove himself for the eagles forget his clubs stat let him prove himself for super eagles if indeed he is a good striker.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by kiddkash(m): 12:20am On Oct 16, 2019
Skseries:
because he is more if a scout than a tactical coach
which match made you decide
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by ubcandid(m): 12:23am On Oct 16, 2019
OLAJADON:

he has had enough time to prove himself for the eagles forget his clubs stat let him prove himself for super eagles if indeed he is a good striker.

He proved in his first game against Egypt. Rohr should change his tactics.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Skseries: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2019
kiddkash:

which match made you decide
Argentina match
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Skseries: 5:42am On Oct 16, 2019
Adakintroy2:

You been listin all the things he got wrong. What about the ones he got right. He qualified us for that world cup with games to spare. One of the hardest group. With Cameron, Algeria..what was your take on him then. Nobody gave us a chance beating agentIna anyway and it was a tight game. Are you comparing our quality to what agentin a have?. We lost to eventual champions Algeria with almost the last kick of the game. That's was how tight it was while knocking out defending champion Cameroon
I say there is no shame in that. It was a good outing and we end up third.

no matter what you say the man has improve the national team and the boys respect him. The team is organised and players show up early. We are not just participate in cm petitions we are making impacts plus it a very young side with potential for improvment.

Ukraine draw, Brazil draw. I say that's beyond anyone's expectation

If you don't gambles. It was 5.30- 55 against Ukraine. And 11.20 - 22 against brazil. If your don't know what that means it means the world see us as the underdogs in both games.
we keep saying he qualifed us with a game to spare, we beat Cameroon and all that, with him we will keep getting these nearly successes, like I said, what has been working for him is selecting really talented player, and not being biased or influenced in selection, but team cohesion, team play, and organization I don't think we av been fantastic. But I get what u say, if we are to judge on achievement we can say he has been good. He more like mohinro, he gets the result but how he does it might not be entertaining. But na NFF sabi with time we will know..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by okewumi: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2019
GEOANDSONS:
He doesn't know when and how to. Make changes

Always make changes late.
In world cup, Against Argentina, he made changes around 84minutes when Argentina had already equalised and made two substitutes.

The same thing against Croatia. Even friendly against England in Wembley.
Check all the time he made changes in Nations cup.
Watch friendly against Ukraine. Why must a coach wait till 78 minutes. Why having bench. Rohr will never make changes unless the opponent have done after 10minutes.

Does he want to tell us he doesn't know Onachu performance in training before bringing him against Brasil?
I like him anyway, but that is the area l have issue with him
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Certitude(m): 7:01am On Oct 16, 2019
okewumi:

Always make changes late.
In world cup, Against Argentina, he made changes around 84minutes when Argentina had already equalised and made two substitutes.

The same thing against Croatia. Even friendly against England in Wembley.
Check all the time he made changes in Nations cup.
Watch friendly against Ukraine. Why must a coach wait till 78 minutes. Why having bench. Rohr will never make changes unless the opponent have done after 10minutes.

Does he want to tell us he doesn't know Onachu performance in training before bringing him against Brasil?
I like him anyway, but that is the area l have issue with him
Against England in Wembley, he made his substitutions immediately the team returned for the second half. Onuachu is also a good player.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by yazga: 7:45am On Oct 16, 2019
majamajic:
I like the coach

he select players based on current form

if it's local coaches they will still be playing iheancho and Mikel till now
ehn?!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by Coolgent(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2019
What is Gonort Rohr?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by yemex04(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
ElGabi:
He is tactically weak, can hardly read the game from the bench, doesn't know how or when to make a substitution, although I would applaud him for player discovery and giving young players a chance, but I don't think Rohr can win us a trophy except maybe through luck or individual brilliance from the players.

If you know all these then you should be able to lead us to winning the FIFA world cup in Qatar..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr by ElGabi(m): 3:36am On Oct 17, 2019
yemex04:

If you know all these then you should be able to lead us to winning the FIFA world cup in Qatar..

Brother, the op asked for our opinion and I gave mine, I didn't make mention of me being a coach. So what's your stress my friend?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu / Paul Pogba Named 2018 World's Most Marketable Athlete / Egyptian FA Optimistic Over Salah’s World Cup Chances After Champions League

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.