Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,881 members, 7,935,778 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:41 PM

17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend (24418 Views)

Security Guard Sets Master’s House On Fire After Disagreement / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by mysisi(f): 3:57am On Nov 13, 2010
sweetguy10:

@

Whenever you hear the word suicide you should know that the party Involve is depressed , frustrated beyond breaking point . Can't you read or have you smoke your weed again ni " She was seen with the guy minutes before the incident smiling together" In as much as I believe this is a Lie , it's a known fact that they both had a quarrel . No Nigerian be it orphan , homeless , adult or youth will ever think of suicide as the next solution to whatever problem bothering them , Then you should that foul play is involved by who ?? No one knows . Her close friend( A guy ) is in my basketball team and he is close the girl's sister so I know whatever I am talking about . Somehow the news was twisted , your not reading the complete thang so [b]shut your trap or post whatever miserable comment you want to and get off here , [/b]

What did expo do to you now that you quickly insult him? He said tell him how to know how people that want to commit suicide behave so he can watch out for subtle signs when dealing with people and you are quick to insult. See your life? you don carry come here too. Change o.

Back to post

May her soul RIP. Waiting for police report to come out after investigation. I just hope they dont torture the guy to confess to a crime he probably did not commit sha. Maybe they had a quarrel he beat her up and then feeling all was lost she hanged herself who knows?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Temin(m): 4:05am On Nov 13, 2010
The story here is quite different from what a close friend of the girl told me. I stay at Egbeda , very close to Shasha. Take a good look at the story . The girl accompanied by the boyfriend and another boy, a friend to the boyfriend, into the house and after a while the neighbours found the dead body of the girl hanged.
Let us challenge our imagination
1 Why should the girl go unclothed before committing suicide if it was true that she killed herself ?
2 Why did the boy ran away from the house ?
3 If the girl was so attached to the boy, then wailing and crying should have accompanied the break up news and not an immediate suicide.
The girl was definitely gang despoiled. I apologize if I am seemingly presumptuous. The girl is a complete orphan and so if no one is pushing it will  be swept under the carpet. If we keep our eyes close to this, then we are breeding a group of serial killers in our society.
If they are not punished for this , the excitement that goes along with gething away with such dastardly heinous act will push them to do more. We should all push for a thorough investigation.

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Obiagu1(m): 4:09am On Nov 13, 2010
Homicide!
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by alex406(m): 4:33am On Nov 13, 2010
Temin:

The story here is quite different from what a close friend of the girl told me. I stay at Egbeda , very close to Shasha. Take a good look at the story . The girl accompanied by the boyfriend and another boy, a friend to the boyfriend, into the house and after a while the neighbours found the dead body of the girl hanged.
Let us challenge our imagination
1 Why should the girl go unclothed before committing suicide if it was true that she killed herself ?
2 Why did the boy ran away from the house ?
3 If the girl was so attached to the boy, then wailing and crying should have accompanied the break up news and not an immediate suicide.
The girl was definitely gang despoiled. I apologize if I am seemingly presumptuous. The girl is a complete orphan and so if no one is pushing it will  be swept under the carpet. If we keep our eyes close to this, then we are breeding a group of serial killers in our society.
If they are not punished for this , the excitement that goes along with gething away with such dastardly heinous act will push them to do more. We should all push for a thorough investigation.
Something should be done fast then.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by ruffrider(f): 4:34am On Nov 13, 2010
Pretty girl like that committed suicide over a guy.  She could have gotten another.  The boy is handsome too.  I don't believe it.  NO clothes, no note.   undecided
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by AloyEmeka5: 4:36am On Nov 13, 2010
[size=14pt]‘My girlfriend sacrificed herself for our love’[/size]
By Patience Ogbo
November 12, 2010 11:38AM

Detectives at the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Lagos, are quizzing a 23-year-old law student of the University of Lagos, Fisayo Tifase, over the death of his girlfriend, Peace Asukwo, 17, whose corpse was found hanging from a ceiling fan in his one-room apartment at 10, Kalejaiye Street at Shasha in Lagos on November 4.

The suspect and the victim were involved in a love affair, but things came to a head on that fateful day when they reportedly had an argument. “After telling her that I am no longer interested in the relationship, I left her in the room and she locked herself up,” said Mr Tifase. “I did not know that she can kill herself the way she did by hanging herself in my room. This is a suicide case and people should not think that I killed my girl friend. I love that girl to a point of no return and I can never do anything to hurt her. She killed herself, she sacrificed herself for our love, and this is what I will live with.”

Relationship gone sour

“Before this incident happened, I had been hearing rumours that she was not faithful to me but since I did not have any proof, I decided to let it pass,” he said. “But a day before this thing happened, I called her and she told me that she was at Ikeja to collect N20,000 from a man; that her sister sent her there when it was like 9pm. I called her again and she said she will be spending the night there. So I told her that her sister was using her to get money from men; she denied it and I was angry. The next day, when she came to my room, I tried to avoid her but she would not leave my room. Later that evening, I went into the room and told her that I cannot continue with the relationship anymore; that I do not trust her. She begged and begged, but my mind was made up and she saw that I meant what I said. I asked her to leave but she refused, so I left her in the room. She locked herself from the inside and when I came back to check on her, she refused to open the door. I continued to knock but she did not answer. When it was getting dark, I had to do something so that was how we forced the door open and we saw her body hanging from the ceiling. It was a shock to me and I did not believe my eyes. I just kept shouting. ‘Peace why, why, why’ and that was how people came and the police arrested me.”

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=ZPTFvmBKH6haReQd20uCci6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQdVpHKpXqoV$VAW8nYKLt7nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Confident in autopsy

Mr Tifase is hinging his hopes on an autopsy, which he believes will convince the police that he did not kill his girlfriend. “I am very angry and sad about Peace’s death and I have never stopped mourning her,” he said.

“I love her and it affected me so badly that my CGPA fell from 4.3 to 4.0 last session. The message she has passed across to me is that she will rather die than lose my love. She paid the ultimate price for our love and I am willing to face any consequence, but God knows that I am innocent. If the police can allow me to swear to any oracle, I can swear to it because I did not hang her. I am learning the hard way. I am supposed to be in school studying and now I am in this mess. Young people should hold on to God and take their studies seriously after that they can look for mature people to share their lives with. For me, if God helps me out of this case, I do not know yet what to do about women. I am psychologically down and it seems I will lose my mind because of the way my girlfriend died. I am now closer to God and I know He will vindicate me”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5641259-146/story.csp
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by sulad82i(m): 4:44am On Nov 13, 2010
poor thing. there are other choice to be made than kill or commit suicide over a man.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Slyr0x: 5:05am On Nov 13, 2010
Two sides of the coin being tossed at once.!
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Fant(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2010
Wow!, this is quite unfortunate. This is what you get when mature guys would'nt date their mates, rather they go hunting for younger girls.
However, the main blame should go to the victim who was foolish enough to even conteplate suicide.
Her major problem is that she was spiritually blind. There is no way a person who has God at heart would do that which she did.
No matter the level of frustration which she might perhaps be passing through in the absence of her lover, wisdom should have told her that her destiny is not in the hands of man but God. Why would a 15 years old girl go into a relationship with such intimacy. Perhaps her mind was telling her that the poor Yoruba law student-boyfriend would later become rich and marry her.

Part of the blame must also go to the guy. He was a very careless dude. His first error was, dating a younger girl whom he knows he may possibly not marry. Also, he did'nt end the relationship in the right way. how can you just quit a 2 years relationship and just walk out immediately knowing that the girl is still very young. Also, i don't believe that the girl left no note, this is because the guy knows that the note might inplicate him.
if this girl has close relations, they are simply a disgrace. this is because, they could'nt take care of the young girl {i,e morally,spiritually and perhaps financially.}
R.I.P
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Fant(m): 5:13am On Nov 13, 2010
Wow!, this is quite unfortunate. This is what you get when mature guys would'nt date their mates, rather they go hunting for younger girls.
However, the main blame should go to the victim who was foolish enough to even conteplate suicide.
Her major problem is that she was spiritually blind. There is no way a person who has God at heart would do that which she did.
No matter the level of frustration which she might perhaps be passing through in the absence of her lover, wisdom should have told her that her destiny is not in the hands of man but God. Why would a 15 years old girl go into a relationship with such intimacy. Perhaps her mind was telling her that the poor Yoruba law student-boyfriend would later become rich and marry her.

Part of the blame must also go to the guy. He was a very careless dude. His first error was, dating a younger girl whom he knows he may possibly not marry. Also, he did'nt end the relationship in the right way. how can you just quit a 2 years relationship and just walk out immediately knowing that the girl is still very young. Also, i don't believe that the girl left no note, this is because the guy knows that the note might inplicate him.
if this girl has close relations, they are simply a disgrace. this is because, they could'nt take care of the young girl {i,e morally,spiritually and perhaps financially.}
R.I.P
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by darozz(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2010
oh, she was just 17, and was so prety, oh what a wasted asset
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Evagreenfields: 7:28am On Nov 13, 2010
Behind evry story,therz an element of truth.so wat do u guys fink abt d boyz side of d story?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Evagreenfields: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2010
Behind evry story,therz an element of truth.so wat do u guys fink abt d boyz side of d story?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2010
Poor kid, I really feel for her.

May her young soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ymodulus: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2010
A YORUBA boy.
This alone should tell you there is something fishy here. Yorubas should not be given a place in this country
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by mysisi(f): 8:31am On Nov 13, 2010
Gosh, when I hear neighbor's or acclaimed witnesses story I go ah ah this boy is bad bad bad and then I read news paper account of the story from the boys mouth I go hmmmm maybe its bad luck that befell him. I dont know what to  think anymore let the police do their job fast. A simple check would tell if girl was despoiled or had sex just before death. If she was strangled and then hung if she was tortured or beaten etc. That is, if Nigerian government has facility sha cos most of them prefer to buy 18k torchlight and build 1million bucks toilet.
I guess we cant sit in our homes and know what truly happened in the guy's room that day except his so called friend squeals and even that would be friend's word against his.

Guys stop doing small girls biko. Even if he escapes the murder charge he will still face rape and sexual asult of a minor even kidnap if she was living with him and if she had people that could press charges.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Yorisb: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2010
Ymodulus:

A  YORUBA  boy.
This alone should tell you there is something fishy here. Yorubas should not be given a place in this country

*leaves the thread quietly* lipsrsealed
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by oddy4real(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2010
Well, i am a 500 Level Law Student in the University of Ibadan and i have done a lot of Criminal Law and Law of Evidence. Thus, i feel i can chip in a thing or two.
Firstly, i think we should allow the police do their investigations. It might be a suicide and it could also be homicide, its a two way thing. However, to prove that it us Homicide would require a whole lot of work from the police. They need a forensic expert to check for fingerprints on her clothes, the rope and so on. They could also check her Private part to determine if she had sex that day. If yes, with how many guys? I think that would provide a lead into the case. If it can be determined that he had sex with her that day, i think he is in trouble. I wonder if couples who have serious strains in their relationship can have sex in such situations. If it can be proven that there was sex, then, it is probably homicide.
I havent seen the CHILDS RIGHT ACT. But from what i know, it states that 18 is the age of maturity UNDER THE LAW. The girl; thus is a minor under the Law. I thus feel he could be arraigned for defiling a minor if it is proven that he had sex with the girl.
Furthermore, i wish the police have not allowed the evidence on the scene of the hanging to be destroyed because if that is the case, as is usually the case, then the guy would most definitely walk away freely for lack of evidence.
Lastly, i pity the guy's career as a Lawyer(that is if he becomes one). The profession lays emphasis on uprightness and i wouldnt be surprised if he is not allowed to go to Law School because of this controversy. Even if he becomes a Lawyer at last, how do we erase public opinion?? Most of us have already judged him guilty without even waiting for the Police to conclude investigations. ]Well, i hope this serves as a deterrent to Old boys who go hunting for underaged girls calling it CATCH THEM YOUNG[/b][/font][/color]
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by rasputinn(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2010
Effects of ignorance
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Ymodulus: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2010
oddy4real:

Well, i am a 500 Level Law Student in the University of Ibadan and i have done a lot of Criminal Law and Law of Evidence. Thus, i feel i can chip in a thing or two.
Firstly, i think we should allow the police do their investigations. It might be a suicide and it could also be homicide, its a two way thing. However, to prove that it us Homicide would require a whole lot of work from the police. They need a forensic expert to check for fingerprints on her clothes, the rope and so on. They could also check her Private part to determine if she had sex that day. If yes, with how many guys? I think that would provide a lead into the case. If it can be determined that he had sex with her that day, i think he is in trouble. I wonder if couples who have serious strains in their relationship can have intimacy in such situations. If it can be proven that there was sex, then, it is probably homicide.
I havent seen the CHILDS RIGHT ACT. But from what i know, it states that 18 is the age of maturity UNDER THE LAW. The girl; thus is a minor under the Law. I thus feel he could be arraigned for defiling a minor if it is proven that he had sex with the girl.
Furthermore, i wish the police have not allowed the evidence on the scene of the hanging to be destroyed because if that is the case, as is usually the case, then the guy would most definitely walk away freely for lack of evidence.
Lastly, i pity the guy's career as a Lawyer(that is if he becomes one). The profession lays emphasis on uprightness and i wouldnt be surprised if he is not allowed to go to Law School because of this controversy. Even if he becomes a Lawyer at last, how do we erase public opinion?? Most of us have already judged him guilty without even waiting for the Police to conclude investigations. ]Well, i hope this serves as a deterrent to Old boys who go hunting for underaged girls calling it CATCH THEM YOUNG[/b][/font][/color]
you will be a very good lawyer. You just showed it but i doubt it when you try wasting your time on these Yorubas. Just condem them thats all. No time for the Section bla chapter bla sub section bla of the bla constitution.
Yorisb:

*leaves the thread quietly* lipsrsealed
another idiot
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by denony(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2010
see fine gurl ehhh,
why on this earth must this happen
at 17 they've been in love for more than 2 years
under age commiting suicide because of love
God please save ur people from this kind of terror
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Fant(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2010
oddy4real:

Firstly, i think we should allow the police do their investigations. It might be a suicide and it could also be homicide, its a two way thing. However, to prove that it us Homicide would require a whole lot of work from the police. They need a forensic expert to check for fingerprints on her clothes, the rope and so on. They could also check her Private part to determine if she had sex that day. If yes, with how many guys? I think that would provide a lead into the case. If it can be determined that he had sex with her that day, i think he is in trouble. I wonder if couples who have serious strains in their relationship can have intimacy in such situations. If it can be proven that there was sex, then, it is probably homicide.
I must say i am elated to find a learned friend like you here. I am also in the legal field as yourself, thus, i want to make my own contribution to your post.
Talking of how the police can prove if the incidence was a homicide or suicide, i quite agree with all your suggestions EXCEPT the the ones in red above.
We all know that the Child right acts contains your above quote. But in a situation where both parties consented to have sex, i think it would be somewhat wrong to term it as defilement even if the other party was a minor. Therefore, finding out if the girl had sex would be useful since the quy stated that their quarrel began a night before her death but terming it as defilement would be wrong unless it is proven beyond reasonable doubt that he forced her
Finally, your last statement is correct. LET OLDER GUYS GO FOR MATURE MIND So as to flee from trouble
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by oddy4real(m): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2010
@ Fant thnaks for your post. I however think consent doesn't avail one as a defence everytime. Look at this scenario, you sleep with a 13 year old girl and you claim there was consent. How would the law see that?
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Bright2(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2010
Just like that? Look at the ugly face this beautiful girl died for , even with his smile he's still not looking good to die for . Well there is no peace for the wicked.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Godmother(f): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2010
What a waste!!! Such a promising-looking young girl. Why on earth would a girl kill herself over a man, for Godsake
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by JUO(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2010
oh rip
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Donmeca(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
“After telling her that I am no longer interested in the relationship, I left her in the room and she locked herself up,” said Mr Tifase. “I did not know that she can kill herself the way she did by hanging herself in my room. This is a suicide case and people should not think that I killed my girl friend. I love that girl to a point of no return and I can never do anything to hurt her. She killed herself, she sacrificed herself for our love, and this is what I will live with.”

Stupid boy, love her to the point of no return? y break up with a vulnerable loved one? y not commit suicide and join her? An autopsy shud be carried out ASAP. We've seen suicides a lot. I think it was in in Oyo or Ogun state that people alleged that a 4 year old boy committed suicide by hanging himself by window pane. There is an absolute foul play somewhere. with the poor girl dieing in his own room, this should be treated as a murder case.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Fant(m): 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2010
oddy4real:

@ Fant thnaks for your post. I however think consent doesn't avail one as a defence everytime. Look at this scenario, you sleep with a 13 year old girl and you claim there was consent. How would the law see that?
well! I must agree with you on this one. But don't forget that age 13 and 17 has a reasonable difference though the both fall into the minor class. We may argue that the 13 years old girl consented to the act in ignorance. But in the case of a 17 years old girl, this arguement may be seen as immaterial.
Though wisdom demands that we let the police do their job. But i doubt if the guy would deliberately hang his girl-friend after a quarrel. And even if he wants to deliberately kill her, i doubt if his room would be his choice for that.
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by amurx(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2010
Wat has yoruba got 2 do in dis topic, she's guilty in both earth n heaven. Wat a pity
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by Oxone(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2010
sad that a young girl who has barely started life would just die like this cry cry cry
Re: 17-year-old Peace Asukwo Commits Suicide Over Disagreement With Yoruba Boyfriend by SSaemoenl(m): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2010
Poor Lover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Tries To Kill His Mother In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Hoodlums Attack Ologede Market In Oyo, Loot And Set Shops Ablaze / Police Arrest 27-Year-Old Rapist In Calabar (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.