Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,146 members, 7,883,980 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:27 PM

Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth (771 Views)

African Father Backing His Child At Heathrow Airport, London / Father Leaps-out Of A Moving Car To Save His Child / Picture Of A Father Carrying His Child On His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by Sagamite(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
[size=18pt]Premier League - Barnes skips birth to go on TV[/size]

Liverpool and England legend John Barnes skipped the birth of his baby son on Sunday in favour of acting as a TV pundit for Liverpool's Premier League clash with Chelsea.

Barnes turned up to work as a TV pundit for the match at Anfield despite the fact that his wife Andrea was in labour having their third child, and decided to stick around at half-time despite receiving a message telling him that his son had just been born.

Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys asked Barnes live on air if he wanted to go, but the 47-year-old - who also has four children from his first marriage - stunned viewers by insisting that he would stay for the second half.

Yet the former England winger did indeed leave before the end of the match in order to visit new son Alexander; and it was to be a double celebration as his former club enjoyed their best day of the season so far with a 2-0 victory over the Premier League leaders.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08112010/58/premier-league-barnes-skips-birth-tv.html
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2010
the problem is that he want him to act the way we think is right but we forget that he is an individual who decides what is right between him and family
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by tpia5: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
well, go easy on him.

not excusing his action, but it is child # 7.

most men wouldnt show up either.

what's important is the baby and mother are both healthy.
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ Tipia

Are you a man? If yes then pls speak for yourself. If no, then I wonder why you think 'most men wont show up'.

@ post

He wasn't even playing the match . . . Sad!
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by tpia5: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
If no, then I wonder why you think 'most men wont show up'.

^^for child #7?

i doubt they will.

and neither should they be castigated if they dont.

the important thing is baby and mother are doing fine.

some men dont even bother with child #1 how much more showing up after that.

my dad didnt show up until after my delivery either, and i dont take it personal.

not a big deal, unless he's a new father.

7 is a bit much to start attacking him over.

the press are just being mischievious.

Yet the former England winger did indeed leave before the end of the match in order to visit new son Alexander
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by ifyalways(f): 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2010
Not a big deal,men have done worst eg humpimg their mistress whilst the wife is sweating it out.
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by iaabc(f): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
We are talking about child no 7 here so, I guess "he's been there done that", you know. And lets not forget that for some people, football is more than what it should be!
Re: Footballer John Barnes Watches Football Instead Of Witnessing His Child's Birth by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2010
Wetin concern me? He's not my husband. grin

(1) (Reply)

Trust Betrayed / Pican / Can Someone Get Pregnancy With Pre-cumm ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.