Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) (27446 Views)

Russia, Ukraine Agree On Humanitarian Corridors In Second Round Of Talks / USA, EU & UK Impose First Stage Sanctions On Russia / British MPs Vote Against Brexit Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
grandstar:

I would have preferred a disruptive BREXIT so that it's folly would have been.obvious and another referendum would be carried out. As I see it, Britain will be in limbo land for years to come
cheesy grin grin. The British can actually play a smart one on the EU. They can be very cunning at times

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=arstot post=83227475][/quote]me?
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
DexterousOne:

One grey area was the Northern Ireland issue
The backstop

The EU got a favourable deal from that end.
That back-stop was Boris's weak point. EU negotiator, Michel Barney really got a good deal on that. The DUP of Northern-Ireland are furious I'm not sure this agreement will go down well with the British Parliament. Anyway, it's either this or no deal. And trust me, no one is ready to accommodate an extension of brexit. Everybody don tire for Britain's wahala. Time to face other pressing issues like migration and Turkey's offensive into Syria.

3 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by Malcolm123: 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Lorenzop:
Jeremy Corbyn is coming for you....as far as I know the UK will loose more than it will gain once they leave the EU. I won't be surprised to see them applying for membership again after some years. Whoever came up with the idea is feeling funky.

Not with america their greatest ally .....and for your info USA is bigger than EU economically .....so I see more closer relationship BTW the 2 countries ... in fact most american can trace their lineage to Uk
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=arstot post=83227475][/quote]

I don't even Know what brexit means sef.. Me be thinking ondo will be nearer to Britain if the so called brexit happens
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
tiredoflife:

They wont sir
Even this EU made dem pay more in subsidies
They couldn't get best deals with south American farmers
The only issue here is the land border with Ireland
For bleeps sake it just a border
The UK will gain more if they leave the EU

UK is the bigger loser. Breaking away from the market of the richest continent in the world that could afford to pay for their goods and services. Who does Britain want to trade with now? I guess the global economy... The question is are they ready to compete with China in global trade?
Don't tell me they'll try to try to 'recolonize' her fellow commonwealth members. That bullshit won't fly.
EU only loss would be they have lost a big market in their continent. The pain won't be that much. France and Germany will fill in the gaps. Even Italy and Spain are beginning to push up in weight.

3 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by Malcolm123: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

UK is the bigger loser. Breaking away from the market of the richest continent in the world that could afford to pay for their goods and services. Who does Britain want to trade with now? I guess the global economy... The question is are they ready to compete with China in global trade?
Don't tell me they'll try to try to 'recolonize' her fellow commonwealth members. That bullshit won't fly.
EU only loss would be they have lost a big market in their continent. The pain won't be that much. France and Germany will fill in the gaps. Even Italy and Spain are beginning to push up in weight.

you are twisting things togeda .....Japan is not in EU likewise mexico buh ...they are still able to pull off free trade agreement with EU ..... trade BTW EU and UK is almost 1 trillion with UK buying more
even EU cannot afford to lose the market of world 6th largest economy ......London is world financial capital (along side New York) ....dey have trillions of investment around the world ...they have veto power for UN .....you can't take those power a way a easily especially wen you are dealing with a cunning country lyk UK

do y left their not because. of economic reason buh ability to make their own rules ... ..especially concerning immigration and those ppl using train to come to UK to receive free medical treatment

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by coleini007: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
the signature on the second page tho....like the person sneezed while signing! lol
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
Righteousness89:
We are getting closer to the End!

This is just the beginning; it won't be over for decades after now
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by Jesuspikin8: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
LZAA:

Because Brexit will cause higher visa fees and even possible rejections for immigration
People seem to forget that brits voted for brexit cuz of immigrants nothing more grin
The sheer stupidity grin

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
arstot:

Please I am doing my Master dissertation on brexit can you tell me somethings concerning it ?The Topic of my research is a study of brexit and its prospect and challenges on commonwealth countries. Please I will reference you if you don't mind.thank you in anticipation.

Mr. Astot. To be best of my knowledge the Britain leaving the EU has no benefit whatsoever to the commonwealth members. In fact, it's even to their own (British) benefits.
Want to know why? Here's it is:
1. The EU members based on the treaty signed allows nationals of the EU to have the unrestricted access to any EU members state without any checks they also enjoy the benefits of whatever member country they reside in. Britain obviously doesn't like it since they are at the receiving end of it considering the fact that they are appear to be the strongest and most prosperous EU member so other national want to benefit from the prosperity without having too pay for it via taxes, customs levy etc. Hence the need to go back to the commonwealth, their old time 'mugus' who would at least pay a premium to leave in the United Kingdom .

2.the other challenge is that British pounds is certainly one of the most expensive currency in the world. Certain commonwealth countries like Nigeria might not be able to afford their goods and services considering the fact that we are the poverty capital of the world

Those are my little contributions.

3 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by Jesuspikin8: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

cheesy grin grin. The British can actually play a smart one on the EU. They can be very cunning at times
They have history/social capital/long legs etc So, yes.
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

Obviously as you stated UK will suffer the loss the more. Michel Barney, Cheif EU negotiator really got a good deal on the behalf of the EU and more importantly Ireland. Boris has lot to contend with Parliament for the 'shabby' deal. He indirectly ceded Northern-Ireland to the European union.

He's going to have a hard time with parliament this Saturday
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by Jesuspikin8: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

You don't get. They think they are as special as they used to be in the days of yore.

And always remember they voted to leave because of terrorist attacks aka immigrants.

They never thought beyond their nose grin

2 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
Eidris01:
Can someone please explain the point of Brexit, coz I don't understand.

To stop the UK from losing its pride and identity by bowing down to laws and directives from the EU that they think are unfair

2 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
LZAA:

Because Brexit will cause higher visa fees and even possible rejections for immigration
People seem to forget that brits voted for brexit cuz of immigrants nothing more grin

Well they will still get immigrants from Nigeria, Pakistan and other nonsensical countries since they don't like Bulgarians and Romanians

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
CyberWolf:
higher visa fees, hingest 100% increment and Nigerians i know can pay anything as long as they are guaranteed of leaving this country. I think brexit happened mainly because of free visa immigrants from EU countries flooding the country especially from poor Eastern European countries.

Exactly, they will still get it worse from Commonwealth countries
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
Malcolm123:

you are twisting things togeda .....Japan is not in EU likewise mexico buh ...they are still able to pull off free trade agreement with EU ..... trade BTW EU and UK is almost 1 trillion with UK buying more
even EU cannot afford to lose the market of world 6th largest economy ......London is world financial capital (along side New York) ....dey have trillions of investment around the world ...they have veto power for UN .....you can't take those power a way a easily especially wen you are dealing with a cunning country lyk UK

do y left their not because. of economic reason buh ability to make their own rules ... ..especially concerning immigration and those ppl using train to come to UK to receive free medical treatment

If they are that big? Why are they negotiating for deal? After all, they voted to leave not to 'leave with a deal' they should just leave like that since they are too big and prosperous to fail.
For your info, Germany and France's economy are bigger than the UK. They've both got veto power in the UN too. So what does UK have that those two don't have in terms of economic might.
Like I said earlier, EU only loss is that they've lost an important trading partner. With time, other EU members like Italy and Spain will fill in the gaps.
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by MT: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Malcolm123:

Not with america their greatest ally .....and for your info USA is bigger than EU economically .....so I see more closer relationship BTW the 2 countries ... in fact most american can trace their lineage to Uk

Be cautiously reminded that America is increasingly becoming an unreliable ally. It will be so devastating for the UK if their plan B is premised on a trade deal with the US.

4 Likes

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
tiredoflife:

They wont sir
Even this EU made dem pay more in subsidies
They couldn't get best deals with south American farmers
The only issue here is the land border with Ireland
For bleeps sake it just a border
The UK will gain more if they leave the EU

That border is extremely important. You don't know Irish people are just white black people?

They don't take rubbish and they will start bombing again if you piss them off

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
RESTMOUTH99:
Britain is not a small country to seek for such, they have tested the union and prefer to stay away. Britain has stronger tie with worlds more than several European country combined...

Stronger ties, but not necessarily better ones.

They don't even like people from all those countries they colonised so what will they do now
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
arstot:
Britain might loose part of her region with this Brexit. I suspect north Ireland exit from Uk in the event of brexit

That would be a disaster
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by MT: 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

If they are that big? Why are they negotiating for deal? After all, they voted to leave not to 'leave with a deal' they should just leave like that since they are too big and prosperous to fail.
For your info, Germany and France's economy are bigger than the UK. They've both got veto power in the UN too. So what does UK have that those two don't have in terms of economic might.
Like I said earlier, EU only loss is that they've lost an important trading partner. With time, other EU members like Italy and Spain will fill in the gaps.

I guess you are wrong. UK is the major financial hub in EU, with strong pounds propping up the Euro. UK has also forged major business relationship with other EU nations overtime, these nations will bear the brunt. Both of the will lose but the degree of loss can only be measured in the future. Both EU and the UK are uncertain about the actual uncertainty that await post Brexit.
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2019
winterfell007:

So they agreed they'll be no customs check on the borders between Ireland and the Northern-Ireland.

Which is crazy
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Malcolm123:

One of the things the remainer Brits fear the most is becoming a lastborn child of America
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jesuspikin8:
You don't get. They think they are as special as they used to be in the days of yore.

And always remember they voted to leave because of terrorist attacks aka immigrants.

You dey mind them. No wonder Boris Johnson reversed that policy of Theresa May that deprives other nationals studying in their country to get work permits in their country. Canada and Australia have taken that lucrative education market anyway from them.
Everybody don open eyes. No time for mumu
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
arstot:

Thank very much. I don't know if you can give me your name for reference purpose and thejob u do

You can as well try the British guardian newspaper, though it's quite left-leaning

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by MT: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
My candid opinion is everything is still in the balance. Theresa May agreed a deal with EU but rejected by the parliament; the same fate might await Boris. But in the event the parliament approves, which I don't see happening, article 50 might be revoked or the UK leaves with no deal. If the UK leave with no deal, UK will open more to Africans and Asians but the economy might tank, so they start the rebuilding process. It's not looking good anywhere you look for the UK and EU by extension.
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jesuspikin8:

There are a lot of poor towns that have not been carried along and are looked down on by the wealthier Londoners and southeasterners

They voted out of anger at their poor treatment, also they were manipulated by biased publications and social media...the migrants and the terrorists

Though they do really have a problem with immigration and terrorism, there's was a lot of dishonesty and exaggeration

This is the same anger that made the US vote trump in

1 Like

Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by midnighter(f): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
MT:

I guess you are wrong. UK is the major financial hub in EU, with strong pounds propping up the Euro. UK has also forged major business relationship with other EU nations overtime, these nations will bear the brunt. Both of the will lose but the degree of loss can only be measured in the future. Both EU and the UK are uncertain about the actual uncertainty that await post Brexit.

Plus farmers in eu countries are clamouring for deals because a lot of their produce is exported to the UK
Re: EU, UK Agree On Brexit Deal (Photos) by winterfell007(m): 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
MT:

Breaking News: major companies and industries like Nissan and Volkswagen are already making plans to leave the 'shithole' grin grin country in the wake of brexit. They can't be paying taxes here and there in every EU member country unlike before where once they pay the EU tax, it applies to member state. But now kasala don burst.
Even some Britishs are beginning to see the errors of their ways. Boris Johnson and other leave campaigners sold them a lie

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maryanne Barry: Trump's Sister Criticized Him In Leaked Audio Record / West Feeling Impact Of Russia Sanctions Too As Oil And Gas Prices Soar / United Nations Reverses Its Gaza Death Toll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.