Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,699 members, 7,882,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools (17655 Views)

FG Approves Mother Tongue As Compulsory Language Of Instruction In Primary Sch. / "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper / Hilarious SRM University's Exam Instruction In India (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by midnighter(f): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2019
psalmuelwater:

Learning what i need to know shouldn't be in a hard way...... Learning should be fun woman!
What's your own definition of learning again?

I dont know how English is suddenly a "hard way". Whats hard about it Why isnt learning in English fun? Didnt you do it? Was it a torture to you?

And learning is not supposed to be a bed of roses. A challenge is what you need to stretch and grow your mind. Doing easy stuff for the sake of it never helped anybody, especially in this country. In fact thats how we landed ourselves in this problem

Coddling people in backwardness has nothing to do with making learning easier and more accessible. If they cared about learning they would invest in better-trained teachers and better teaching materials
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
midnighter:

You are not really getting me

I didnt say Hausa is bad. If a child doesnt understand something, nothing wrong with explaining it any way you feel like

But normalising native language in place of English for teaching instruction is not a good idea

Yeah! pidgin could be used to help teach. In fact I would definitely enjoy that lesson cool but do you think Delta state should replace English with pidgin for all teaching, exams and textbooks just because all the kids find it easier? Terrible
you can have text in pidgin teach pidgin as a communication pattern... if we are serious we would have developed pidgin beyond what it is... a prof in UI once said they were working on dictionary of pidgin but the support was coming from France... Chinese still use English along side their mandarin...
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by psalmuelwater(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
midnighter:

I dont know how English is suddenly a "hard way". Whats hard about it Why isnt learning in English fun? Didnt you do it? Was it a torture to you?

And learning is not supposed to be a bed of roses. A challenge is what you need to stretch and grow your mind. Doing easy stuff for the sake of it never helped anybody, especially in this country. In fact thats how we landed ourselves in this problem

Coddling people in backwardness has nothing to do with making learning easier and more accessible. If they cared about learning they would invest in better-trained teachers and better teaching materials

I don rest my case. You think we should learn the hard way. No wahala, continue
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by guidelight: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
midnighter:

The lingua franca is Hausa language, great! Let them take Hausa as a compulsory subject and let them pass it very well. No problem. And if the child is smart enough, let him take a certificate in Kanuri language too. Wonderful.

Exactly! Their government doesnt give much emphasis on educational growth, and instead of them to correct themselves they went out of their way to be even more backward than usual

Tell me, do you go to school to learn what will be easy for you or what you actually need to know? If their students find it difficult to score, then their government should invest more resources into bringing them up to scratch with the rest of the country. Their students are not less intelligent than southerners.

If the state invests in producing teachers who are well-trained in speaking both English and Hausa, then in the next 10 years those children will snap out of it and get with the programme. If you have teachers who are clueless then what do you expect?

Why do all the elite families in Yobe speak perfect English? What happened to their own lingua franca? Why should enlightenment only happen to wealthy people? Why is "lingua franca" only for poor people?

Dont you think that if the next generation of children could understand simple English, they wouldnt be so quick to fall victim to extremist preachers and terrorism? If they saw that there was nothing to fear from learning it, couldnt it prevent a lot of atrocity in those areas?

So many of our past leaders were of Kanuri extraction yet their state wants their children to regress further into the past. What a shame

Instead of calling out an issue when we see it, we are busy encouraging the wrong thing because we are pitying people who need investment and empowerment and not insincere mercies and pampering
Well said my dear. Yobe has made their educational policy choice. As you may also agree with me, the existing arrangement ( using English as language of Education ) obviously didn't take them anywhere ( except creating a multitude of terrorists called Bokoharam ). So let them try what they think could possibly work for them. If all they got in the past are half baked , sanctimonious , and gun-trotting rascals who think Book-is-haram , then allow them to try new ways. Its their choice...
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by OruExpress: 3:05am On Nov 05, 2019
midnighter:

lol,

You that wants to speak english to communicate with white people, do you know that Genevive Nnaji's movie has been disqualified from the 'Best International Picture' category at the Oscars for being in English? lol

continue.
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by midnighter(f): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2019
OruExpress:
lol,

You that wants to speak english to communicate with white people, do you know that Genevive Nnaji's movie has been disqualified from the 'Best International Picture' category at the Oscars for being in English? lol

continue.

You have absolutely no point, as usual!

Terrible. Maybe you should tell Google to translate all these pages into your language so that you will be able to read and comprehend something.
Re: Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools by OruExpress: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2019
midnighter:

You have absolutely no point, as usual!

Terrible. Maybe you should tell Google to translate all these pages into your language so that you will be able to read and comprehend something.

O n'aga ra-ahu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta State University Post Jamb Form Is Out / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / FUTA Crisis: Police Assault SUG Officials (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.