Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do I Do? (635 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do? by divalove: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2010
Am a regular poster in this but i have to change my id so that your guyz wont, thought that am joking. Am 22yrs old in my second yrs in school and about to get married to a guy of 33yrs who is a graudate and everything a girl could ever ask of but problem is my dad didnt consent of the marriage his reasons been that
1, Am stil very young to get married
2, He wants me to finish school first
3, He doesnt want my to get married to a man that is not from my state.
I have try even possible means to convince him that i love this guy all to no avail, my mum have also try her best but he stil dont want me to marry him. My question is this what wil i do, should i just let go or go against his wil and marry him. And least i forget another of my dad's reason is that he isnt in Nigeria which makes it more difficult to say do kind of job he do but he works in a company that deals on soft ware and i have date this guy for 1yr+ and i have no reason to doubt him. Pls u candid advice is needed
Re: What Do I Do? by kokoye(m): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
OOOKKKK

so this is a long distance relationship. How much real time have you spent with this guy to determine that all will be well?

Your dad's first two points are valid . . from a Nigerian perspective. But heck, it is your life afterall
Re: What Do I Do? by omega25red(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2010
I honestly beleive that you father is mostly concerned about your education and your ability to be independent in the future. sounds like your father really care about you because honestly your husband to be can wait for you to finish school before you get married. By the way where is this fiancee of yours through all these things? This is when a real man would stand up with his faamily and go talk to your father to hear his concerns and adjust future plans as possible to satisfy him so he can give his blessing.
Re: What Do I Do? by Kelvinj(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
Well ur dad is rite in some aspect, ur still kinda young girl so maybe tell this ur mr perfect guy 2 wait, if he loves u he mite. Secondly if this is a long distance r/ship u have 2 make sure u know this guy so well so u dont end up unhappy for the rest of ur married life
Re: What Do I Do? by freecocoa(f): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
Your dad's only doing wat he thinks best 4 u which i think is the right thing anyways,you are still kinda young for marriage,why not get done with school first,if you get married and pregnancy follows dat puts your education on hold plus i don't think you really know this guy well,why not take your time,afterall it is said dat a patient dog eats the fattest bone.
Re: What Do I Do? by divalove: 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
Thanks everyone for d advice, i really apperciate
Re: What Do I Do? by Dsense(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
Listen to ur Dadd!
Re: What Do I Do? by edlion57(m): 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
obey ur bf/gf so dat ur days will b long
Re: What Do I Do? by ShyOne(f): 7:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
omega25red:

I honestly beleive that you father is mostly concerned about your education and your ability to be independent in the future. sounds like your father really care about you because honestly your husband to be can wait for you to finish school before you get married. By the way where is this fiancee of yours through all these things? This is when a real man would stand up with his faamily and go talk to your father to hear his concerns and adjust future plans as possible to satisfy him so he can give his blessing.

I completely agree with every word of the writer listed above.
Re: What Do I Do? by amurx(m): 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2010
U can rush into marriage but cannot rush out, fink twice

(1) (Reply)

Family And Fiancee Not Compatible: What Do I Do? / How Do You Know If Its Love Or A Common Crush? / Is It Ok For A Single Lady To Advice Her Married Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.