Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket (37753 Views)

Why I Dumped PDP Following Atiku’s Defeat - Ayo Fayose Reveals / Should Atiku Defeat Buhari / PENDULUM: Can Atiku Defeat Buhari In 2019, By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
omenka:
Saying pdp should reward the East for their hardwork for the party is a mockery? I am confused. sad
Only if APC reward Ngige and Okorocha
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by alobright17(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2019
LKO:

Politics is not one plus one equal two. Atiku contested against Buhari, an incumbent president and a very formidable northern figure. If the APC fields a southern candidate and PDP fields a Kwankwaso or a Tambuwal, would the teeming APC supporters in the north massively vote for APC? A northern friend of mine told me there are no APC supporters in the north, what they have are Buhari supporters. What about the born to rule mentality of the northerners? Interesting time ahead.
So that friend of yours represent the opinion of all the northerners? what is his level in Politics if I may ask ? So there are no APC governors , senators. Reps e.t.c in the north? Abi all there names are Buhari ?

7 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by richie240: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
Carmit:
PDP IS DEAD.
these guys really destroyed Nigeria. I don't know why they still have supporters.
Nigerians are quick to forget their past!
Nigerians have not forgotten, dts why they (pdp) lost in 2019. Those whose actions/inactions destroyed the party are those who choose to forget.
That's why someone could open his 'gutter' and say he'd rather vote a monkey in PDP than pmb in APC.
Imagine dt.

Jman06:
PDP is a gazillion times better than APC!!!
APC has no respect for rule of law!

APC has no policy direction!

APC plunged Nigerians into poverty!!!

PDP is the only truly national party in Nigeria!
u may kindly change 'ISes' in ur statement to 'WASes' if u wish.
PDP was not only d big and national party, but was also d biggest political party in d whole of Africa!
Thanks to d bigots, ds same party has bn 'elevated' to a Regional party in one corner of Nigeria.
When u mention 'PDP' today, what region/tribe comes to mind?
Good! u get am.
case closed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
...sure as daylight...both parties will have northern presidential candidates...the north have the largest voting bloc in nigeria...
Because the south segregated themselves. Northern parts of Nigeria are one when it comes power, but southern parts are West, South and East when it comes to power, that's why north will continue to dominate the large voting block until southerners get brain to see themselves as one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Hookuptv: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
Have you heard of hookupTv? Here we post matured contents� and also arrange hookups�
Follow this link and become part of our family: https:///2347058712868?text=I%20would%20love%20to%20join%20Hookup%20TV...My%20name%20is____
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Halo22: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
In my own view, any candidate that is not from the North, is likely not going to win. So if PDP wants to win in 2023, they should just field a northern candidate mustn't be Atiku, and a southern supposedly from South East as the running mate. With that, the political equation will be balanced.
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by kelvinginzie: 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
bixton:

Everybody is a sell out including you.
But if the PDP decides to field a northern candidate come 2023, then any southerner who decides to campaign in the south will be stoned and they in their States will lose their local elections to alternative parties.

Apc members were not stoned in the south when they campaigned against a south south president Jonathan
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
Carmit:
PDP IS DEAD.
these guys really destroyed Nigeria. I don't know why they still have supporters.
Nigerians are quick to forget their past!

How can a party die? How? Even with APC style of fighting their opposition, PDP keeps winning seats. A good driver observes his direction from both ways.
PDP may have suffered this country but they are alive.
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
chai....you igbos sha....something wrong with una....

fee dee fee doesnt even have the slightest idea to field a igbo as president....
and their are so many....!!

i dont understand.... undecided undecided

nawa....

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by NNEWIsuper: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Anambra is south east
you don't understand it, 4 out of 5 states are already PDP and even Anambra people are pro PDP nationally
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Jimi24: 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jman06:
Sai Kwankwaso!

A Tambuwal - Wike ticket is what some are hoping for in the PDP. Plenty money to share.
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

you don't understand it, 4 out of 5 states are already PDP and even Anambra people are pro PDP nationally

and why do you people like fee dee fee so much....!??

a party that doesnt even see a igbo as presidential candidate....

5 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by bixton(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
kelvinginzie:

Apc members were not stoned in the south when they campaigned against a south south president Jonathan

If you're in the south, please come and campaign for a northern candidate when it gets to 2023.........
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
Jimi24:

A Tambuwal - Wike ticket is what some are hoping for in the PDP. Plenty money to share.

soo,its all about money for you igbos....??

5 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by ZombieTERROR: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
Omoodua007:

I think Abiola defeated a northerner so what’s the hype ?

I also think Abiola did it with a United south... And middle belt..

The North stands no chance when those four regions come together
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by richie240: 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
hollah123:
so pdp will not field an igbo despite your 20 years of hard labour? una Don suffer abeg

ZombieTERROR:

The only way we will allow PDP field Igbo man is if Apc does same...

PDP has already taken 2023.... Buhari and Tinubu will be exposed for fraudsters and thieves they are... And sent to jail
so with all d bushbaby cries of "its our turn", "give us or we die now-now", you are suddenly developing cold feet?
chai...... who do Una ds strong thing?

6 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
omenka:
It will be a huge demonstration of ingratitude, mistrust, and hatred by pdp if they dont field an Easterner for 2023 given how hard those guys have worked for the party.

Twenty years of diligence, loyalty and obedience is no joke.

Igbo should boyscout PDP if they don't give them the party ticket in 2023. for the first time, let two major southerners contest for this president

Igbo presidency in 2023 in PDP brand or PDP cease to exist. you can't pay this people with ingrate and expect your party to be Victorious

5 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

I also think Abiola did it with a United south... And middle belt..

The North stands no chance when those four regions come together

i agree....actualy if all southern part of nigeria unite,their is no way a northern candidate could win again....

anyways....i think its better this way....let the best win,wheather north ot south....

1 Like

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
If pdp like they can make Atiku their life flagbearer for presidential election they won't come back to power.

If pdp want to come back to power they have to break the alliance of northwest and south west region .cos these two zones together have 32 millions eligible voters together.
north East and North Central is a battle ground any day any time .no party can win it landslide.

South West the Economic power of Apc

North west the Political power of Apc

Until their seperation pdp will not come back to power.

Tambuwal, kwankaso cannot outperform atiku cos they don't have the resources ,followership and national appeal.. Tambuwal escape losing his seat with less than 300 votes while kwankaso lost everything .

Northwest is in alliance with who grin grin grin grin grin grin when will you dumbos learn?
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by bixton(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
Halo22:
In my own view, any candidate that is not from the North, is likely not going to win. So if PDP wants to win in 2023, they should just field a northern candidate mustn't be Atiku, and a southern supposedly from South East as the running mate. With that, the political equation will be balanced.

If you fellas feel you are going to short change Tinubu because there are gossips of him aiming for that position, then majority of us are only biting our fingers.
I hope we can play this game continuously and not cry out. My pity only will be for the ibos.

Do that and every President of Nigeria will be from the north till the country gets her senses back. It will no longer be a popularity election but a population and voting strength.
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
richie240:

so with all d bushbaby cries of "its our turn", you are suddenly developing cold feet?
chai...... who do Una ds strong thing?

wtf is this....??
why would anybody want to look like this....??
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Deepthoughts: 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2019
jarawa:
Barely two days after the Supreme Court struck out the appeal filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, challenging the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari as winner of the February 23, 2019 election, agitation for the 2023 presidential ticket has commenced. Credible sources told our correspondent yesterday in Abuja that some power brokers in the party were already planning how to field another candidate in 2023. If pdp of all parties denies the SE their presidential ticket for 2023 then it's finished for them period.

It was gathered that high ranking members of the PDP, including some serving governors were plotting to field a northern candidate in 2023, while some party bigwigs from the South felt cheated by such arrangement and are challenging the move.

A Board of Trustees (BoT) member from the South who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity said: “It is true that some power brokers in the PDP were not comfortable with the emergence of Atiku but we supported him as our candidate.” “So now that our case has been thrown out, there are pockets of agitations regarding which zone should produce the presidential candidate in 2023. “But I think the party also needs to handle this matter with caution because, already, many of our members are likely to jump ship to the APC. I’m also considering that option so I don’t want to comment on the matter anymore,” he said.

But PDP National Publicity Secretary Kola Ologbondiyan told our correspondent yesterday in a telephone chat that the party has not taken a decision on its 2023 presidential ticket. “There is no agitation within the PDP over the 2023 presidential ticket. It’s even too early to talk about 2023, but I can assure you that the future of the PDP is very bright. “We have not even seen the reasons they (Supreme Court) advanced for their judgement. So we have not reached discussion on that yet,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pdp-atikus-defeat-sparks-agitation-over-2023-presidential-ticket.html
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by justtoodark: 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
bixton:

If you fellas feel you are going to short change Tinubu because there are gossips of him aiming for that position, then majority of us are only biting our fingers.
I hope we can play this game continuously and not cry out. My pity only will be for the ibos.

Do that and every President of Nigeria will be from the north till the country gets her senses back. It will no longer be a popularity election but a population and voting strength.

i think its better this way....
maybe igbos are right actualy....

let the best win,no matter from which region...

i always have the feelin that igbos are actualy smarter than rest of nigeria....
i start noticen,they dont care who you are,solong you are usefull to them....

interesting characteristics....
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Essential(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
it is written in the book of cabal that any igbo man will never rule this country again.
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by Deepthoughts: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
jarawa:
Barely two days after the Supreme Court struck out the appeal filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, challenging the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari as winner of the February 23, 2019 election, agitation for the 2023 presidential ticket has commenced. Credible sources told our correspondent yesterday in Abuja that some power brokers in the party were already planning how to field another candidate in 2023. If pdp of all parties denies the SE their presidential ticket for 2023 then it's finished for them period.

It was gathered that high ranking members of the PDP, including some serving governors were plotting to field a northern candidate in 2023, while some party bigwigs from the South felt cheated by such arrangement and are challenging the move.

A Board of Trustees (BoT) member from the South who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity said: “It is true that some power brokers in the PDP were not comfortable with the emergence of Atiku but we supported him as our candidate.” “So now that our case has been thrown out, there are pockets of agitations regarding which zone should produce the presidential candidate in 2023. “But I think the party also needs to handle this matter with caution because, already, many of our members are likely to jump ship to the APC. I’m also considering that option so I don’t want to comment on the matter anymore,” he said.

But PDP National Publicity Secretary Kola Ologbondiyan told our correspondent yesterday in a telephone chat that the party has not taken a decision on its 2023 presidential ticket. “There is no agitation within the PDP over the 2023 presidential ticket. It’s even too early to talk about 2023, but I can assure you that the future of the PDP is very bright. “We have not even seen the reasons they (Supreme Court) advanced for their judgement. So we have not reached discussion on that yet,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pdp-atikus-defeat-sparks-agitation-over-2023-presidential-ticket.html
If PDP of all parties denies the SE their presidential candidate for 2023,then it's finished for them period.

3 Likes

Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by bixton(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
justtoodark:

i think its better this way....
maybe igbos are right actualy....

Right in what actually?
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by ZombieTERROR: 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
justtoodark:

i agree....actualy if all southern part of nigeria unite,their is no way a northern candidate could win again....

anyways....i think its better this way....let the best win,wheather north ot south....

You are right ... Let the south unite

South west had eight years as President.. Another as VP.. The south south.. 6 years as President..
I think they should all rally round the South East this time..

If not the North takes it again
Re: PDP: Atiku’s Defeat Sparks Agitation Over 2023 Presidential Ticket by ZombieTERROR: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
Deepthoughts:
If PDP of all parties denies the SE their presidential candidate for 2023,then it's finished for them period.

if the APc goes south west instead of South East... Then the North takes it again ..
PDP will present a northerner... Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

1,525 Nigerians Killed In Six Weeks Of 2021 / Adamawa Youths Wash Off Buhari's Footsteps With Truck Of Water, Burn Brooms / Osinbajo To Hope Uzodinma: You Didn’t Become Governor Because Of Smartness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.