Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,181 members, 7,913,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. (472 Views)

Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation / Video - Who Inherits The Earth? - Contradiction in JW Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. by chinjo(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Good afternoon all. The apostles creed is a very important prayer in the Catholic Eucharistic celebration. Today, I attended a burial ceremony in Presbytarian church and during the programme, the man of God called for the recitation of the Apostles creed. While reciting the creed, they said and I quote 'I believe in the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church' this has gotten me confused. Can anyone with knowledge on why it is like that educate me?
Re: The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
chinjo:
Good afternoon all. The apostles creed is a very important prayer in the Catholic Eucharistic celebration. Today, I attended a burial ceremony in Presbytarian church and during the programme, the man of God called for the recitation of the Apostles creed. While reciting the creed, they said and I quote 'I believe in the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church' this has gotten me confused. Can anyone with knowledge on why it is like that educate me?

It’s a religious ritual, it’s not the law of God... like so many things we carry on our head it won’t matter cos religious rituals are constructed by man....

1 Like

Re: The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. by rookidmart: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Copy and paste. grin
I attended a Pentecostal church some time back (COCIN or so) that says the same thing.

1 Like

Re: The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. by NuclearReactor: 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
chinjo:
The Apostles creed says "The Holy Catholic Church"
The Catholic Church here refers the the "Church Universal"
The Catholic Church is not just the name of a church but a term used to refer to the "United Church" against denominational sentiments.

1 Like

Re: The Apostle's Creed: A Contradiction. by chinjo(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2019
NuclearReactor:

The Apostles creed says "The Holy Catholic Church"
The Catholic Church here refers the the "Church Universal"
The Catholic Church is not just the name of a church but a term used to refer to the "United Church" against denominational sentiments.

I beg to differ a little bro. The Catholic Church is the only church that Christ founded himself. 'You are Peter and upon this rock, I will build my church. From this great commissioning, Peter assumed leadership of the Church till he died and the succession has continued till this present pope. Other churches broke out from the Catholic church yet they still say they believe in it. Going by what you said, they should have said 'I believe in the Universal Church's and not the Holy Catholic Church.

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of Being Arrested By The Police. / How To Trust God And His Word By Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak. / What You Need To Know About World War 3 (by Truthunedited)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.