Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,079 members, 7,942,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria (58502 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Dam At Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria (video, Photos) / Sculpture Garden At The Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by darfay: 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

They are only trying to merge morality and discipline with education, you should expect that from a Nigerian university situated at Muslim dominated area, abi u wan make dem dey dress like universities in the east. That is why we are unique. It isn't a must we be like the west.

i don't know what brought the east into this matter. Actually attended the university of Lagos and that almajiri uni has nothing on us � �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Toseenlove: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Rgade:

You're an ABU alumnus Not alumni.
Na you be your entire set?

See what y'all learn in that "school".

Stop stressing yourself on anything that has to do with Nigeria, They are true definition of Mediocrity. I love this Meme....Let me add It to my gallery lol.

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
supercase1:

Look at this product of jihad motivated university telling someone he have not attended a good university when they graduate they end up been fanatics and liars like lie Mohammed grin grin grin

You truly don't worth my time. Get a life sir
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by darfay: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bigiyo:
bro that where I am schooling and I can tell u it better than most of the schools in the west
NB: I am a yoruba boy and I actually did my primary and secondary school in Lagos

not unilag sha

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by ijoba22(m): 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
lazy Nigerian youth will never stop to assume me, competition over superiority and first to comments on case they knew nothing about.
in Nigeria as a whole for us to develop we must accepts our difference and not forget our different culture, the north are conservative while the south are liberal in nature.
for those shouting ABU live in pass glory come and fell the heat.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by muriunited(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2019
darfay:
When their mates are achieving breakthroughs in science, Just look at what this almajiri university is doing?o
Mumu you are
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by pweetychyka(f): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
XINOIX:

another dropout student fools and stupid ppl like you can't survive ABU with these your low IQ go to your tribalistic university maybe they can help you graduate with 3rd class slowpoke

Uncle take it easy....

Can you all have a constructive and intelligent argument here? Other than raining insults on one another?

Remember the popular saying which makes us understand that "1 man's meat is another man's poison". So u see that wat is good for the goose myt not be good for the gander"

Be it ABU, UI or FUTO, school na school! What matters is how you employ that which you have learnt in class inclusive of morals.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by tex73: 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bigiyo:
bro that where I am schooling and I can tell u it better than most of the schools in the west
NB: I am a yoruba boy and I actually did my primary and secondary school in Lagos

Do u mean western part of Naija or the western world? I went there too many years ago. ABU has a very poor standard. The school n most of its lecturers r ill equipped for the 21st century. cool

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Toseenlove:

Stop stressing yourself on anything that has to do with Nigeria, They are true definition of Mediocrity. I love this Meme....Let me add It to my gallery lol.
And always defending mediocrity.
One day I will just leave this country and start referring to Nigeria as that shit hole I used to live in.

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
maynation:

Coming from someone who can't write simple and correct sentence in English.
Shake my head.
Can you?
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by shogsman(m): 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
XINOIX:

another dropout student fools and stupid ppl like you can't survive ABU with these your low IQ go to your tribalistic university maybe they can help you graduate with 3rd class slowpoke

Are you a product of ABU ,if yes ,I think that guy might be right.

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Organs(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
darfay:
When their mates are achieving breakthroughs in science, Just look at what this almajiri university is doing?

Nonsense talk. So dressing appropriately will limit academic performance? Or you want a breakthrough in science as well as your fellow man sticking his rod in your shithole.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 15, 2019
No more tebbliqq at last rule

1 Like

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Oloriebi17(m): 12:31am On Nov 15, 2019
askibee:

With all due respect,don't call ahmadu Bello University almajiri University. I don't think you will survive in such terrain when it comes to education.
see u fighting for them as if there are cousio, what kind of rules is dis for God sake..
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by edoairways: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Kanade21:

Nigerian universites spend a lot of time on research.

The problem is, the money isn't there to fund as much research as possible.

According to the ASUU/FG agreement of 2009, unviersites need at least 1.5trillion naira annually in extra funding. And the money quite simply is not there. (Our budget is N10 trillion this year. N1.5 trillion of that is to go to unviersites in extra fuinding for them to be adequately funded..and consider we have established new universites since them, plus we haven't even talked about other tertiary instiutions ).

ABU's VC in fact, in a speech he gave the year before last , commented that the funding thing is preventing them from doing research as much as they should. He even went on to point out that governemnt gives him N120 million for overheads, while he needs N600million for overheads (for the whole university mind..and ABU is a big unviersity). At one point he said...If you want Cambridge level unviersities, give Cambridge level funding.

ABU's fees are less than N50000 per annum. That's about 140 dollars. Meanwhile, the big reaearch unviersites charge nothing less than $20000 dollars in fees. If you want our unviersites to do more research...charge higher fees...or spend N5 trillion of our budget on education alone...half of which can go to tertiary education. (And it isn't enough).

As for dress codes. You moan about unviersity dress codes, but if a female doctor came to attend to you wearing a micromini skirt, with a sleveless blouse displaying her cleavage....you would complain. Or if a female teacher did the same when teaching your children(Yes, the dress conde exists in the workplace..just as bad as the unviersites). Dress codes are preparing you for the world tomorrow...where companies and institutions do the same in the name of corporate image.

Like the lawyers...why is it ok for lawyers to have a dress code, and not unviersites?
Good logic
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by edoairways: 12:36am On Nov 15, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
this is pratically against human rights.....I knw one has to dress properly but this has gone too far to infringe on the rights of the students on campus.....
other universities will follow suites and add more worst ones!
Does that warrant dressing naked to school?
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by edoairways: 12:42am On Nov 15, 2019
AZeD1:

1) You literally have no idea how my doctor dresses and I would not give a f**k how my doctor dresses.
When I meet a doctor, I am only concerned about their knowledge.
Even doctors dress well to wok
2) The world of today and tomorrow doesn't give a f**k about how you dress. Ladies in my office wear shorts and nobody bats an eyelid because at the end of the day, we only care about your wor
The world is interested in your dressing that is why many stereotype certain persons as proustite and gangsters
3) When you attend a good university, you will know serious schools don't have time for this kind of thing.
It became a concern because there are incessant cases of rape and sexual assault in many universities. This menace has a root in dressing
Yea
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Westernlove: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Okay but handle your low sperm count for a start. This level of frustration isn't good for your premature ejaculation problem. You sound like even a one minute... Kolagkalabo to your rescue

Chimmmoo Chaii...

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by eguarojeona: 2:00am On Nov 15, 2019
Bigiyo:
Lol, little wonder you are having problems with your grammar.After finding it hard to get into those same western schools.You chose ABU,right?

2 Likes

Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by AgentNairaland(f): 2:25am On Nov 15, 2019
bonnyhope:

By teaching the students how to dress decently and responsibly?

You don't have a point

It's only in advanced secondary school your teachers will tell you the type of hairstyle and cut you should come with grin
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Obas101(m): 4:51am On Nov 15, 2019
Bigiyo:
Better in terms of building plans and structures. Academic wise, it isn't better than most schools in the west... Mind you I did my masters in ABU. lazy set of lecturers over there and they take time to process pg results
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by ArticleBeast: 5:10am On Nov 15, 2019
Obas101:

Better in terms of building plans and structures. Academic wise, it isn't better than most schools in the west... Mind you I did my masters in ABU. lazy set of lecturers over there and they take time to process pg results
Thank you. Also did my masters program there, I nearly dropped out due to the manner the whole thing was handled. Unnecessary level of high handedness from the lecturers. I even worked in their senate for a year, had to resign and face my business because of the tribalistic and religious bias. I came to the conclusion that religion is a curse.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Alanpoza007: 6:33am On Nov 15, 2019
Bigiyo:
So you're comparing your secondary school experience with what obtains in tertiary institutions in the West that you didn't attend. Federal schools like UI, OAU, Unilag and even Covenant Uni are much better than ABU in almost all indices used to rank Universities. Go and check the various rankings. Is it because the Northern Nigerian government decided to fund ABU more than other institutions in the country, with nothing in return to show for as ground breaking research.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by wanger50(m): 6:36am On Nov 15, 2019
ArticleBeast:

You mean the tribalist and bigots you call lecturers? I did my Masters in ABU, I will tell you one thing; ABU is riding on past glory. It is unfortunate that will accredit suffering with success. What is there to survive in ABU? A school where lecturers cannot string sentences together.
With your inability to construct a simple sentence without mistakes, how do you expect to graduate in ABU?Anyone reading those errors of yours will understand your frustrations with that prestigious university
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Alanpoza007: 6:37am On Nov 15, 2019
wwwihy:
ABU is actually the best school in Nigeria academically,research, sport, products, size and campus beauty
You don't throw words around without proofs. Show us the rankings that placed ABU above other schools in terms of research particularly. Covenant Uni that started less than 20 years ago have left your overhyped ABU in the trenches for long.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 15, 2019
darfay:
When their mates are achieving breakthroughs in science, Just look at what this almajiri university is doing?
share your own university breakthroughs son of hatred
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by ArticleBeast: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2019
wanger50:
With your inability to construct a simple sentence without mistakes, how do you expect to graduate in ABU?Anyone reading those errors of yours will understand your frustrations with that prestigious university
Point out the errors. By the way, I graduated with a first class (distinction) in my masters degree program. I bet you struggled to graduate angry grin grin Anyway, work on your premature ejaculation problem. You can take debino and other concoctions for it.
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 15, 2019
darfay:
share your own university breakthroughs son of hatred
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Alanpoza007: 6:45am On Nov 15, 2019
bonnyhope:

Mention one school in the south that is above abu in terms of academic
The rankings of Universities by different global ranking agencies is what is used to rate Universities in terms of academics, research etc and none of these rankings placed your beloved ABU at the top 3-5. They're dominated by these same Southern Universities- UI, UNN, Unilag, OAU and even Covenant Uni of yesterday. So where did you get your fallacious claim from?
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2019
Alanpoza007:

You don't throw words around without proofs. Show us the rankings that placed ABU above other schools in terms of research particularly. Covenant Uni that started less than 20 years ago have left your overhyped ABU in the trenches for long.
of course I am never surprised by your words the rankings and the school you just mentioned
what do you expect when the rankings are done by your kinsmen and solely based on the most englishly Christian school
Re: New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria by Alanpoza007: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2019
negro41:

of course I am never surprised by your words the rankings and the school you just mentioned
what do you expect when the rankings are done by your kinsmen and solely based on the most englishly Christian school
You're quite funny lol.. Do you even know about rankings like Times Higher, Shanghai, QS, Webometric etc? They're all foreign and handled by non-Nigerians where you get non-biased statistically analyzed rankings. Those are what I'm referring to not some local Nigerian rankings that would instead favour your ABU if we have such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio / Lagos Bars Private Schools From Online Teaching / What Is Next For Me After Withdrawal From The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.