Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,725 members, 7,933,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:22 PM

I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever (6710 Views)

Anyone Going From Lagos To Calabar Tomorrow I Need A Travel Buddy / Where Some Lagosians Hang Their Clothes To Dry After Washing (PHOTOS) / I Just Caught This Idiot (Hedgehog) On My Way Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Take me to school charming. So are you saying am thinking the colonial masters way.... And that means some days.... Well lemme stop hallucinating before folks here take me for OP

Lol it means what cheesy
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah he said he was a traitor. I was curious as to why so I decided to read it

Thanks... it would be nice but the problem with curator, librarian, agents and jobs like that is that they are less stable than science-related jobs. Once they cut your funding, you are finished

Was he a traitor because he fought with the Federal troops? Don't forget he wasn't the only Igbo officers who had an allegiance to the federal troop. Though after kano massacre and all officers were to leave for their home states, some few officers still remained in the north Olusegun obasanjo and don't forget during the war, Chief justice Dr MI okpara, Dr Pius Okigbo, Chief Ekukinam, sir Louis Mbanefo and kalu still met Obasanjo in owerri for a meeting would you consider them traitors as well? And ifeajuna who was so loyal want to came of him? Kaduna nzeogwu has been a role model to me even before I joined the military what I came of him? This was a man loved and idolised by men of the Nigerian army and after he was released from jail prior to civil war he had the chance to join the federal forces again but he decided to allign with Biafra. What became of him? Even Ben gbulie and the rest.

Sorry for this I felt Biafra war was uncalled for and Ojukwu had alterior motives its not just about the war but he had some selfish ambition to fulfil. Were u aware he sworn he won't back down till his last drop of blood but when the federal forces besieged him he handed over to Maj Gen Effiong and passed the back door with his family out of nigeria?
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol it means what cheesy

Maybe some days Nigeria will be great again and I might be a colonial ruler or smfin. Coz I feel somewhere in this world are still some folks hiding in some bush who are yet to have a country or so they just live in a niche etc. The movie Apocalypse fuelled my imagination of this though
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
Was he a traitor because he fought with the Federal troops? Don't forget he wasn't the only Igbo officers who had an allegiance to the federal troop. Though after kano massacre and all officers were to leave for their home states, some few officers still remained in the north Olusegun obasanjo and don't forget during the war, Chief justice Dr MI okpara, Dr Pius Okigbo, Chief Ekukinam, sir Louis Mbanefo and kalu still met Obasanjo in owerri for a meeting would you consider them traitors as well? And ifeajuna who was so loyal want to came of him? Kaduna nzeogwu has been a role model to me even before I joined the military what I came of him? This was a man loved and idolised by men of the Nigerian army and after he was released from jail prior to civil war he had the chance to join the federal forces again but he decided to allign with Biafra. What became of him? Even Ben gbulie and the rest.

Sorry for this I felt Biafra war was uncalled for and Ojukwu had alterior motives its not just about the war but he had some selfish ambition to fulfil. Were u aware he sworn he won't back down till his last drop of blood but when the federal forces besieged him he handed over to Maj Gen Effiong and passed the back door with his family out of nigeria?

Can you please modify this and make it clearer? I cant really understand the point youre making

If Nzeogwu joined biafra, then according to someone on the biafran side like my dad, he wouldnt be a traitor. But according to you, he would. Isnt that how military conflict works?

I had that Ben Gbulies book as well but I didnt finish it
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
Maybe some days Nigeria will be great again and I might be a colonial ruler or smfin. Coz I feel somewhere in this world are still some folks hiding in some bush who are yet to have a country or so they just live in a niche etc. The movie Apocalypse fuelled my imagination of this though

Lol you will re-colonise Nigeria, one stolen book at a time...
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Can you please modify this and make it clearer? I cant really understand the point youre making

If Nzeogwu joined biafra, then according to someone on the biafran side like my dad, he wouldnt be a traitor. But according to you, he would. Isnt that how military conflict works?

I had that Ben Gbulies book as well but I didnt finish it

I finished Gbulies book though. But the book lactlk content to me. About nzeogwu. I feel he is the only real patriotic officer fighting for a reason. He wasn't in support of Biafra, he just wanted a better Nigeria. You should get the book why we struck. You will understand things better. Even from Adewale Ademoyega Book I realised he told Ojukwu he was not after making Biafra a sovereign state he was just after making Nigeria a better abode to hand power to Awolowo who was regarded to have an integrity then.

See I think its all abracadabra. The more you read the less you understand. And by the way what makes you so interested in books
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol you will re-colonise Nigeria, one stolen book at a time...

Like I said, we are just helping the government by stealing books from the library. Nobody z reading them there and the librarian are nonchalant about caring for this treasures so we help them do the job. Hopefully some days when I die and my library z been checked they would gv me some award for having more precious historical books than the major libraries grin tongue
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Like I said, we are just helping the government by stealing books from the library. Nobody z reading them there and the librarian are nonchalant about caring for this treasures so we help them do the job. Hopefully some days when I die and my library z been checked they would gv me some award for having more precious historical books than the major libraries grin tongue

Yeah but it depends on which one you visit. Some of them are very nice

Yes some of those librarians are crazy lol. Im sure they havent even paid them and thats why they act like that
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah but it depends on which one you visit. Some of them are very nice

Yes some of those librarians are crazy lol. Im sure they havent even paid them and thats why they act like that

I went to a public library in osun state osogbo precisely, the books were so dusty... Men I was left in shock. Couldn't differentiate between the place and a classroom. People were discussing loudly and the said librarian didn't even gv a hoot
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2019
brian and midnight or whatever u guys call yourselves. A mad man is about to run loose, and u guys are getting romantic.
Biko park well o. Let me see the mad mans cassava dangle
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
I went to a public library in osun state osogbo precisely, the books were so dusty... Men I was left in shock. Couldn't differentiate between the place and a classroom. People were discussing loudly and the said librarian didn't even gv a hoot

Yeah some public libraries, especially state ones are almost as disgusting as public toilets

You can try university or federal libraries instead.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
brian and midnight or whatever u guys call yourselves. A mad man is about to run loose, and u guys are getting romantic.

Lol you can see them sleeping in busstops and gutters all over, why dont you go there and look instead of preying on somebodys misfortune
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol you can see them sleeping in busstops and gutters all over, why dont you go there and look instead of preying on somebodys misfortune

midnighter you are an intellectual. Can we be friends
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:

midnighter you are an intellectual. Can we be friends

Thanks. Are you an intellectual?

1 Like

Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Thanks. Are you an intellectual?
thats left for u to decide just like kogi and bayelsa decides today
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
thats left for u to decide just like kogi and bayelsa decides today

You should have dropped a list of your own favourite books so that we would be able to tell.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

You should have dropped a list of your own favourite books so that we would be able to tell.

well i do more of occultic books
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 6:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
well i do more of occultic books

What kind of occultic books?
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

What kind of occultic books?
why do i feel like you do occultic books too
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:11pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
why do i feel like you do occultic books too

Lol, is there any harm in asking? cheesy
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
I finished Gbulies book though. But the book lactlk content to me. About nzeogwu. I feel he is the only real patriotic officer fighting for a reason. He wasn't in support of Biafra, he just wanted a better Nigeria. You should get the book why we struck. You will understand things better. Even from Adewale Ademoyega Book I realised he told Ojukwu he was not after making Biafra a sovereign state he was just after making Nigeria a better abode to hand power to Awolowo who was regarded to have an integrity then.

See I think its all abracadabra. The more you read the less you understand. And by the way what makes you so interested in books

The bolded is just the truth. The whole thing is very complicated, it will be difficult to get to the true story in the near future

Hm, i dont know. I have always loved reading since I was a child. Our house was always full of different books. What about you?
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, is there any harm in asking? cheesy
no... Its just rare for ladies to be intrested in such...
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
no... Its just rare for ladies to be intrested in such...

I am not really interested enough to seek them out and read them but i dont mind hearing about them from others
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I am not really interested enough to seek them out and read them but i dont mind hearing about them from others

well maybe i exaggerated a little by saying occultic. I am a bible junkie
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:
well maybe i exaggerated a little by saying occultic. I am a bible junkie

You still havent mentioned any titles
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

The bolded is just the truth. The whole thing is very complicated, it will be difficult to get to the true story in the near future

Hm, i dont know. I have always loved reading since I was a child. Our house was always full of different books. What about you?

My mum was the reason I love reading and the motivation came by Cane. She was a single mum so she was kinda hard on me and my siblings so we can turn out fine and overcome the stereotype of single parents (if you know what I meant). Those days she will give us a book to read in a week and every Sunday evening was always war. Around 8pm after dinner she will calls us all togeda to come give summary of what we read she was a nurse though always very busy I don't even know the magic coz she knows about all the books. She will correct all the errors we make during summary and if you did great with the summary, she will reward you with biscuit or so (I was around 6-7 then). If you can't pinpoint what you read.... Oboy sorry is your case coz the neighbours must not hear u cry.

DAT was my motivation and it made me love reading
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
ublight:

What even became of OP.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah some public libraries, especially state ones are almost as disgusting as public toilets

You can try university or federal libraries instead.

My dream some days is to build the biggest library in the world. To make reading fun and not burden and make people understand reading gets you informed not deformed.

I hope karma won't catch up and somebody will be stealing the books form the library too
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
My mum was the reason I love reading and the motivation came by Cane. She was a single mum so she was kinda hard on me and my siblings so we can turn out fine and overcome the stereotype of single parents (if you know what I meant). Those days she will give us a book to read in a week and every Sunday evening was always war. Around 8pm after dinner she will calls us all togeda to come give summary of what we read she was a nurse though always very busy I don't even know the magic coz she knows about all the books. She will correct all the errors we make during summary and if you did great with the summary, she will reward you with biscuit or so (I was around 6-7 then). If you can't pinpoint what you read.... Oboy sorry is your case coz the neighbours must not hear u cry.

DAT was my motivation and it made me love reading

Lol! Thats an amazing story. So do the rest of your siblings love reading too or did it turn them off?
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Lol! Thats an amazing story. So do the rest of your siblings love reading too or did it turn them off?

Yeah harlequin series or all this romance junks
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by ublight: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

You still havent mentioned any titles
understandest what thou readest. The ox and the corn the father and his family. Just to mention a few
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

My dream some days is to build the biggest library in the world. To make reading fun and not burden and make people understand reading gets you informed not deformed.

I hope karma won't catch up and somebody will be stealing the books form the library too

If you can build it you could probably install some electronic scanners and put tags inside the books to prevent stealing

Besides you are not stealing but...emm.. preserving cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sport Betting Is Evil / MEN!! This Is The Only Thing You Will Get For Being A NICE GUY!! (Photo) / Which Romance Section Lady Or Dude Can U Recognize Behind The Internet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.