Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,047 members, 7,886,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Asari's Explosive Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari's Explosive Interview (1540 Views)

Meet The Explosive Device Expert Who Is Ready 2 Die In Fighting Boko Haram(pics) / Explosive Interview!!! Ekwueme Lambast Pdp,afraid Of Gej's Chances!!!! / Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari's Explosive Interview by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by Abagworo(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2010
Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the southeast governors have declared support for Jonathan, and some people are opposed to this. Do you think the Ohanaeze is right in the decision?

That is the best decision that we (Igbo) have made. I said we Igbo because I can conveniently say I am 40 per cent Igbo, 60 per cent Ijaw. The founder of the house on the stool I sit is an Igbo man from Abom in Abam in Abia State. So, for me, it is the best decision. For the first time in so many years, we are now; the Igbo and other people, of the south is coming together. I feel very sorry for people like Odumegwu Ojukwu. My family supported Biafra. My grand uncle, King Fredrick Princewill Amakiri, VIII abdicated the throne of Kalabari because of his support for Biafra. My grandmother was almost executed by firing squad due to her ardent support for Biafra. My family supported Biafra and I have support for Biafra. This is the first time the Igbo, as the senior brother of other nationalities in the old Eastern region, have taken a decisive step, to bring all of us together to fight a common cause. And I think it is the best decision they have ever taken. Ambassador Raph Uwechue, the Ohanaeze President, is a man, who as ambassador of Nigeria in France, changed Nigerian embassy in France, even though he is from the Mid-West not the Eastern region. Such a man is a man of great of honour and he believes so much in the cause of Igbo people. How many of those who are talking have such credentials? That somebody who is so high up, can sacrifice all and stand? It is the best decision the Igbo have ever taken and I think the decision will cement the relationship and bring back the old good days when we used to stand together as one people.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by igbobuigbo: 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2010
King Jaja of Opobo (an important Ijaw town) was 100 % Igbo
Asari is 40 % Igbo
Jonathan is what % Igbo?
Jonathan's wife from Okrika should be about 50 % Igbo
Ijaws in general are what % Igbo?

If an Igbo man kills an Ijaw man (and vice versa), he may as well have killed his long lost brother.

One reason both groups must work together is this intricate blood relationship they have.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
Some debates are just not worth having. These patronizing conjectures will get no one anywhere, if anything they simply open old wounds.

Just concentrate on telling us why Jonathan is the better deal compared to others so that on the eve of elections some of us can grudgingly change our minds and vote Jonathan because we will siply decide that having him beyond 2011 will finally nail Atiku, IBB, Gusau and Buhari's coffin.

But by then we would have beaten Jonathan into shape of a real President through our criticisms.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by DapoBear(m): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2010
I had no clue what Egbesu is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbesu
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by vicenzo(m): 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2010
Asari dokubo is 40% igbo, i knew that uwaechue will take ndi igbo to where we once were.Truely no one knows what is best for ndi igbo than OHANEZE.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by udennaa: 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2010
vicenzo:

Asari dokubo is 40% igbo, i knew that uwaechue will take ndi igbo to where we once were.
pls educate me,where do you mean?
,,, Truely no one knows what is best for ndi igbo than OHANEZE.

mind you,all ime-obi members of ohaneze are not in agreement with the decision to support gej,talking about ekwueme,dim and some others.the decision was taken by a selected few who might not really have the interest of the igbo at heart.[quote][/quote]
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by vicenzo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2010
@udennaa.Before 1970,every ethnic group in the east identified with the igbos,but after the war came balkanization,we couldnt even identify with ourselves,hence folks like ikwerre,obigbo,ndoni,etche started denying their igbo identity,even ndi igbo in delta state whose son nzeogwu played a key role in the so called igbo coup were not left out in the identity crises,before the war, folks like the ijaw,ibibio,efik,ogoni,kalabari identified with ndi igbo,they saw us not as enemies but as big brother and a central rallying point,THAT WAS WHERE WE WERE, those were the days when ndi igbo and igbo union was a force to reckon with in nigeria.After the war we couldnt even unite all the igbo tribes and hence our present position.But ohanaeze under the leadership of uwaechue have been able to unite igbo tribes,giving us a voice,they are giving us what we have always lacked since we lost the war and by endorsing GEJ has now buried the eyo ita saga and have put to an end the balkanization of the eastern region by nigeria.After 2011 no one will ever accuse ndi igbo of dominating our eastern minority brothers. As for the whole members of imeobi not supporting ohanaeze's endorsment,all of the them must not support,what matters is dat majority of them supported,the last time i checked democracy is about majority.Moreover ohanaeze made wide consultations with various igbo groups before the endorsement,in other words they are only saying what most igbo people wants,go to the streets of enugu,umuahia,awka,abakaliki,onitsha,aba,owerre and u will find out that most igbo men in the streets of these cities wants GEJ.Finally ohanaeze is not forcing any one to vote GEJ,ekwueme and ojukwu and others can vote whoever they want,gone are the days when ndi igbo speak with different voices,thanks to ohaneze,the governors and the people are singing the same song.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by udennaa: 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
@vicenzo,thanks for the info.i only hope ohaneze will have no cause to ever regret this decision.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by 1025: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
the igbos have turned themselves into an object of mockery. asari dokubo now telling us what is best for us? the yorubas during abiola's elections needed the help and coperations of ndigbo which we did to the last. obasanjo had relationships with ndigbo which he remembered when he needed our votes. how did obasanjo pay us back? war in anambra and imo state and doing his best to distablize abia state.
in a modern world, asari shld either be in jail or rehab home but what do we have hear, he is a man ppl pay attention to.
if annenih the criminal is alive today, he will either be a minister or a senator. nigeria is a useless with the igbos the most flexible tool for politicians and evilmen.
what happened to the investments of ndigbo is that part of the world after the civil war? abandoned properties.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by vicenzo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2010
@udennaa.There is nothing to lose in this deal,if GEJ wins,then we get all we want from him,if he loses then we would have gained unity of purpose within igboland,for the first time in our history after the war we are speaking with our voice.This unity of purpose will help us in our future endeavours in nigeria ,and also even if GEJ loses, we would have been able to put to an end the balkanization game nigeria have been playing in the east,by proving to our minority brothers that we are one with them and by so doing, establish a south east-south south aliance which will be beneficial to ndi igbo in the long run,this is what other nigerians are afraid of and thats why they keep helping the ignorant ones among us to fault ohanaeze. How can the north be serious about handing the no 1 spot to ndi igbo come 2015,in 2007 they had the chance to do that but no they ditched us to pick an ijaw man(GEJ) for vp,knowing that in 2015 he will be the heir to the throne and probably to pitch the ijaw against the igbo come 2015,a balkanization game they have perfected against the east since 1970 ,but all their plans backfired because GEJ is now the president,and yet greed or ignorance has blinded some igbo people so that they cannot see how deceitful the north have been.Thanks to ohanaeze, majority of ndi igbo can now see,and those who cannot have been shown the way.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by jason12345: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2010
vicenzo:

@udennaa.There is nothing to lose in this deal,if GEJ wins,then we get all we want from him,if he loses then we would have gained unity of purpose within igboland,for the first time in our history after the war we are speaking with our voice.This unity of purpose will help us in our future endeavours in nigeria ,and also even if GEJ loses, we would have been able to put to an end the balkanization game nigeria have been playing in the east,by proving to our minority brothers that we are one with them and by so doing, establish a south east-south south aliance which will be beneficial to ndi igbo in the long run,this is what other nigerians are afraid of and thats why they keep helping the ignorant ones among us to fault ohanaeze. How can the north be serious about handing the no 1 spot to ndi igbo come 2015,in 2007 they had the chance to do that but no they ditched us to pick an ijaw man(GEJ) for vp,knowing that in 2015 he will be the heir to the throne and probably to pitch the ijaw against the igbo come 2015,a balkanization game they have perfected against the east since 1970 ,but all their plans backfired because GEJ is now the president,and yet greed or ignorance has blinded some igbo people so that they cannot see how deceitful the north have been.Thanks to ohanaeze, majority of ndi igbo can now see,and those who cannot have been shown the way.
@ bolded

ROMFLl!!!
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by Omenani(m): 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
He speaks the truth.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by Relax101(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2011
All the people from Rivers state have Igbo blood in one way.
There is no denying the fact.
Re: Asari's Explosive Interview by tdmoggy: 10:01pm On May 18, 2013
The reality is that whether you like him or loathe him, what he said resonates with many southerner s. one has to ask the question, who the hell are people from northern nigeria to make such pronouncement s about Jonathan or power returning to the north ?. In reality, if we count how many years each region has ruled nigeria, should power really return to the north any time soon ? What about the east, when do they get their turn. What the northern speakers who stirred this debate that has resulted in asari's reaction don't understand is that a nigeria without the north will be very welcome by majority of southerners. If it were put to vote in a free and fair referandum, nigeria as it is today will not last another day. The strength of ill feeling against northern looters and mismanagers who have ruled for over 30 of our 50 year nation is palpable and real. Who have benefited the most from oil as individuals ? Isn't it the same northern elite who control vast resources on the back of oil from the south ?
Whilst one always prays for a united nigeria where there is justice and equity, and where our differences and excesses are overlooked for the sake of nation building and national unity, the northerners must not stir the hornets nest if nigeria is to stay united.

(1) (Reply)

Activists Deface Shell Headquarters In Nigeria Before Hearing / Senseless Post Election Killing Videos / Aregbesola's Unfortunate Aluta Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.