Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,228 members, 7,970,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 04:26 PM

Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko (5856 Views)

World Igbo Congress Is Facilitating Biafran Secession / Civil War Would Have Been Shorter If Ojukwu Had Acted Like Jonathan - Danjuma / Reavealed: Ojukwu Had A Child With A Fulani Lady In 1965 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by amingafar(m): 12:34am On Nov 21, 2010
Duduknight:

Alaafin Sango's mother was Nupe; Sango was Yoruba.

even oba of lagos kosokos mother was nupe- Oba of Lagos has ancentry in Benin but sees himself as yoruba.

no sane person will go to oba rilwan and say you are not a yorubaman got back to Benin city that is where you belong, it would be crazy!
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by amingafar(m): 12:35am On Nov 21, 2010
and no bini man will call the oba of lagos a biniman

no matter where is 17th grandfather came from
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by chyz(m): 12:37am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

i think the british wanted to :

1) create a non-symmetrical nigeria (3 regional power) where no one can secede without the other two bring her back
2) they wanted a balance of power because the south was more educated and industrious, thus, they did not want discrimination of the north by the south
3) you are right, they wanted conflict to benefit from the cheap oil used to buy weapons against biafra.

Im not so sure about sore about what you typed but anyways. It was evident and recorded that the brits did not want power to control to be in the hands of Igbos or Yorubas because they felt that they couldn't be trusted. They could easily manipulate the northerners. There was no such thing as oil money being used to buy weapons at the time. Also if you look further into things and the immediate state creation. There is no way they(nigeria) can come up out of nowhere to create 12 states, it had to be something planned a long time ago. Nigeria was not even that sophisticated thinking at that time, they are still not today. It is quite clear that this had been planned way before and possibly by the brits. It all seemed to be mapped out.
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by chyz(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

and no bini man will call the oba of lagos a biniman

no matter where is 17th grandfather came from

Close you month and stop trying to win over friends to help your battle. You are not a northerner and i cant believe you came on here pretending that you were.
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by jason12345: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2010
chyz:

Im not so sure about sore about what you typed but anyways. It was evident and recorded that the brits did not want power to control to be in the hands of Igbos or Yorubas because they felt that they couldn't be trusted. They could easily manipulate the northerners. There was no such thing as oil money being used to buy weapons at the time. Also if you look further into things and the immediate state creation. There is no way they(nigeria) can come up out of nowhere to create 12 states, it had to be something planned a long time ago. Nigeria was not even that sophisticated thinking at that time, they are still not today. It is quite clear that this had been planned way before and possibly by the brits. It all seemed to be mapped out.

maybe, but are we going to say because of our uncertainty we would not progress as a nation (igbo, yoruba and hausa). certainly not!
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by jason12345: 12:40am On Nov 21, 2010
chyz:

Close you month and stop trying to win over friends to help your battle. You are not a northerner and i cant believe you came on here pretending that you were.
grin grin grin grin grin. he sees himself as a northerner because he feels an affinity so as some ibibio see themselves as igbo because of the affinity. let the man be. wink
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by amingafar(m): 12:42am On Nov 21, 2010
chyz:

that is you opinion ill be voting for a northerner whether you like it or not. I will be voting for a muslim whther you like it or not.
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by jason12345: 12:44am On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

that is you opinion ill be voting for a northerner whether you like it or not. I will be voting for a muslim whther you like it or not.

you should consider voting for a credible candidate not a muslim or a northerner but someone that transcends all that. that is my opinion though.
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by chyz(m): 12:46am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

you should consider voting for a credible candidate not a muslim or a northerner but someone that transcends all that. that is my opinion though.

Gbam!
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by amingafar(m): 12:54am On Nov 21, 2010
best candidate ribadu cool

Jonathan is corrupt and defends militants
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by jason12345: 12:57am On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

best candidate ribadu cool

Jonathan is corrupt and defends militants

you have to admit ribadu is too immature to rule a multi-cultural country like nigeria
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by amingafar(m): 1:16am On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

you have to admit ribadu is too immature to rule a multi-cultural country like nigeria

ribadu is not a bigot he is only statin what the north thinks i cant blame him
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

ribadu is not a bigot he is only statin what the north thinks i cant blame him

You  mean the north thinks Jonathan is "unelectable". What interesting.
If that is not bigotry I wonder what is?
Why do you think you can continue to keep Nigeria the way you want?

That is retarded, frankly.
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

You  mean the north thinks Jonathan is "unelectable". What interesting.
If that is not bigotry I wonder what is?
Why do you think you can continue to keep Nigeria the way you want?

That is retarded, frankly.

how is it retarded, we northerners love to think different form u southerners because our religion is totally different in many ways

it is either northern muslim or nothing angry angry,

the crusade has begun angry
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by Onlytruth(m): 3:04am On Nov 21, 2010
alj harem:

how is it retarded, we northerners love to think different form u southerners because our religion is totally different in many ways

it is either northern muslim or nothing angry angry,

the crusade has begun angry

Just remember this statement when we launch Biafra 2.0

Remember that Gowon said the same thing in 1966, "either a northerner or Araba".

I'm laughing because this time we have you by the balls. grin grin grin
Re: Biafran Secession: Ojukwu Had No Choice - Bolaji Aluko by DapoBear(m): 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2010
@OnlyTruth: Great thread. I learned a lot, especially about Ojukwu. One point though, killing Bello is like killing the Pope, not an ordinary politician.Bello I guess is/was viewed as the spiritual leader of Islam in the North. Though the 6 month gap is very suspicious. Not sure what to make of that.

@PhysicsQED: Bought the book you suggested from amazon.com.

@amingafar:

Certain traditions even hold that the Igala are of Fulani origin, simply because of the similarities in their physical features.  It IS clear that Fulanis do not speak a Kwa language. And owing to the linguistic affinity, others affirm the Yoruba connections. For Byng Halt notes that, "It is not surprising that within a short period of arrival in Igala land, a Yoruba is well acquainted with the language.”  He attributes the ease in learning the language to the closeness of the two languages. Armstrong sticks to this same view when he said: "the most definite historical statement that can be made about Igala is that . they had a common origin with the Yoruba and that the separation took place long enough ago to allow for their fairly considerable linguistic differences. There is a whole corpus of oral traditions on the origin of the Igala people.

Your language Igala itself seems to be classified as a Yoruboid language by linguists. This is quite interesting to me. Seems to me you guys are closer to SW, rather than the North. I understand that "The North" is more powerful right now so it might be in your interests to identify otherwise, but things may change in the future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan Kids Spend New Year At The Escalator At Shoprite Ibadan / Photos: MC Oluomo, Koko Zaria Honoured In USA / Who Deserve Your Seat And Why? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.