Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,226 members, 7,947,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? (1778 Views)

Opinion: Car Brands With Best Chilling Air-conditioning System / Man Added External Air Conditioner And Generator To His Car / Why Air Transport Is Safer Than Other Modes Of Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
why air conditioner stop chilling when you refilled it in Nigeria? is it that the Nigeria gas is inferior?
Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!what kind of car are you talking about here and what happened gon gon.
Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by emvuatt: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
The type of gas matters
Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by autologic: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2019
fineboynl:
why air conditioner stop chilling when you refilled it in Nigeria? is it that the Nigeria gas is inferior?
It more about the skill level of so called AC technician than the gas .
How many so called -AC technician knows about refilling AC with correct quantity of refrigerant and oil that manufacturers recommend cos most AC guys will refill till they are satisfied that the car is car is cooling well and the obvious fact is that if u refill beyond normal quantity u will introduce liquid refrigerant into the compressor suction side and sludge the compressor and that will spell doom on the AC system .
how many AC technician knows the standard troubleshooting of AC using manifold guage to read the high and low side and diagnosis correctly
How many of then know about correct procedure for evacuation and vacuuming of AC before refilling talkless of owing the machine.
How many AC technician knows about theory of gas pressure temperature relationship and saturation temperature and the application of this quantities in their daily AC work .
So many ignorance on part of the technician that is killing the compressors and pushing the blame on the gas .
How many AC technician knows about the signaling and module to sensor relationship of modern AC system architecture but will convert anything they see to the ancient manual system they understand if they see any modern design they are not familiar with .
All these are minimum criteria to be satisfied before someone can be patronised to fix AC
Or else frustration will be the result .

3 Likes

Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by mosbus: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2019
autologic:

It more about the skill level of so called AC technician than the gas .
How many so called -AC technician knows about refilling AC with correct quantity of refrigerant and oil that manufacturers recommend cos most AC guys will refill till they are satisfied that the car is car is cooling well and the obvious fact is that if u refill beyond normal quantity u will introduce liquid refrigerant into the compressor suction side and sludge the compressor and that will spell doom on the AC system .
how many AC technician knows the standard troubleshooting of AC using manifold guage to read the high and low side and diagnosis correctly
How many of then know about correct procedure for evacuation and vacuuming of AC before refilling talkless of owing the machine.
How many AC technician knows about theory of gas pressure temperature relationship and saturation temperature and the application of this quantities in their daily AC work .
So many ignorance on part of the technician that is killing the compressors and pushing the blame on the gas .
How many AC technician knows about the signaling and module to sensor relationship of modern AC system architecture but will convert anything they see to the ancient manual system they understand if they see any modern design they are not familiar with .
All these are minimum criteria to be satisfied before someone can be patronised to fix AC
Or else frustration will be the result .

You are very right most AC technician in nigeria doesn't know how to refill Car AC.
Talk less of knowing what vacuuming a system means.
Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
JUST LIKE THAT!!!!!what kind of car are you talking about here and what happened gon gon.
what I means is air condition that use to freezes stop freezing when you refiled them done here. example is your air conditioner short of gas and you refill it in Nigeria it will not be so chilling as it use to before you short of gas. I have experience this with numerous cars and home ac.

1 Like

Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by Mrford(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
fineboynl:
what I means is air condition that use to freezes stop freezing when you refiled them done here. example is your air conditioner short of gas and you refill it in Nigeria it will not be so chilling as it use to before you short of gas. I have experience this with numerous cars and home ac.

Read what a autologic wrote above.
Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by autologic: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
fineboynl:
There is a standard procedure for refilling of AC and if not followed strictly to the core ,AC won't chilled as expected .

2 Likes

Re: Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? by mejai(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2019
fineboynl:
I have been thinking about it too. Some won't last up to 6 months. But oyibo go don drive car like 4yrs with rest of mind.

I suspect fake parts and bad roads dat can easily cause leakage. I don't know sha.

(1) (Reply)

At A Cross Road Which One Do I Choose 2009 Rx 350 Or 2009 Toyota Highlander / Please Help! My Corolla Sport 2003 Model Jerks. When I Put It In Reverse / Why Is It A Bad Habit To Brake With One's Left Foot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.