Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,941 members, 7,946,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (10739 Views)

House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari / Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 4:56am On Nov 23, 2010
LAGOS Nov 22 (Reuters) - Northern factions within Nigeria's ruling party have agreed on former vice president Atiku Abubakar as a consensus candidate to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan in primaries ahead of elections next April.

I am sooooooo glad. smiley
He will make a fine president.
His wives and children come from ALL parts of Nigeria.

I think I will choose either Titi Atiku or Jemila Atiku for First lady. kiss

This is good news.

Jemila Atiku.

Chief Mrs. Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar (Chair)(WOTCLEF, Nigeria/WOTCLEF, USA)

I have to give it to the man. He has some fiiiione taste in women. The only criteria a man needs to rule a country like Naija.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 4:58am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

ALhaji Aboki, that corrupt 'dorty' Atiku is going to lose against GEJ
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 5:00am On Nov 23, 2010
Titi is the better of the two!

Why? Because she is from my state!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:04am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

ALhaji Aboki, that corrupt 'dorty' Atiku is going to lose against shocked GEJ

A-Y-A-K-A-T-A B-O-N-G-O!!!

Arrrrrrh. My head oooooo.
My friend. There you are. grin

I hope Atiku does not lose to GEJ.

Is it possible to lose 'against'?  wink
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:07am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

Titi is the better of the two!

Why? Because she is from my state!

No ibon? shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I thought you were going to write "why because"?

I am soooo beginning to like you.
I will take Titi over this Patience "Lame Dame" of a First Lady anyday.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 5:10am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

A-Y-A-K-A-T-A B-O-N-G-O!!!
Arrrrrrh. My head oooooo.
My friend. There you are. grin
I hope Atiku does not lose to GEJ.
Is it possible to lose 'against'? wink

WHy the rush?
Check this out:
http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2009/09/29/grammar-101-lose-loose-loss/
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

WHy the rush?
Check this out:
http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2009/09/29/grammar-101-lose-loose-loss/

Sorry, my computer rejected your juju.
It could not open that link.
Bad sign.
I am fortified. cool

So Titi is from your state huh? Check this out from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atiku_Abubakar

Abubakar's first and most senior wife Hajia Titi Abubakar, is believed to be an Ilesha-born Roman Catholic, hailing originally from the Togolese Republic;

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abubakar's first and most senior wife Hajia Titi Abubakar, is believed to be an Ilesha-born Roman Catholic, hailing originally from the Togolese Republic; together they have four children and five grandchildren.

He has three other wives:

Rukayat (the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, an influential monarch whom her husband served as a ranking nobleman of his kingdom); Fatima, a lawyer based in Lagos (Kanuri From Borno State)

and Jamila (Formerly Jennifer Iwenjiora, an Ibo woman from Onitsha, who was a former television newscaster and who attained her doctoral degree in the United States).

As a result, political associates and critics tend to agree that Atiku is one of the most detribalized northern Muslim aristocrats.

[size=16pt]All together he has 27 children. [/size]

Father Abraham!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by okunoba(m): 5:12am On Nov 23, 2010
Kantie Stone - You Dont Understand Democracy

Submitted by Agha Egwu (not verified) on November 23, 2010 - 00:31.
Kantie Stone in your comment "Northern Nigeria is the Greatest Part of Nigeria!" you really demonstrated proof of what I have suspected for a long time - that many Muslim Core Northerners may not fully understand democracy. I use the term "Muslim Core Northerners" to differentiate it from the Christian Middle Belters who no longer see themselves as part of the "North".

What has just happened in selecting Atiku by consensus is called an Oligarchy, Rule by a few elites with common inteterest, to impose their will on the people. It can only happen in a docile Muslim Core North where the talakawa just accept the judgement of their aristocracy. It is the civilisation of the Middle Ages when Barons made up the parliament of England, and a few men chose the King whenever there is a succession problem. What you describe and eulogise with so much enthusiasm, merely reflects that the Muslim Core North is still caught up in a Feudalistic, oligarchic, aristocratic time warp from the middle ages and not 21st Century democratic reality.

Real Democracy is having as many people as possible compete, and allowing the people to choose, not a few aristocrats. In England some constituencies for parliament are contested for by more than 20 parties - including crazy parties like the Monster Raving Loony Party - and trusting the peopole to decide. Does it mean that the British are backward? In England and America, the mothers of democracy, the very idea of a group of old men deciding the candidate would be pure anathema.

The Muslim Core North's idea of Consensus, dominates the PDP and is killing our democracy. Is the South wise by only fielding Jonathan? Is that not your definition of greatness? In that have they not demonstrated greater greatness by fielding a single candidate before the Core Muslim North? - if to judge by your standard.

But the reason no one in the South is even challenging Jonathan, is because they recognise the justice of allowing the Niger Delta, who gave so much of the wealth of this country to taste the leadership of this country. When will the Oligarchs of the Core Muslim North be willing and able to show that sympathy to the Niger Delta people?

Mark my words, even though the Ijaws betrayed the Ibos during the Civil War and still abuse us till today, I recognise the sheer justice of allowing those who have given so much to taste a bit of the power of the wealth they have given. That honour and sympathy for the Niger Delta peopole is more profound than any zoning agreements signed by Oligarchs without the ratification of the entire PDP. We are in a democracy, not an Oligarchy.

Furthermore, your comments reveal a deep and troubling tribalism and I daresay, sectional narrowness.

article from Sharaa reporters
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/atiku-picked-northern-candidate-babangida-loses-northern-pdp-race
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:19am On Nov 23, 2010
^^^^

Keep quiet jor.
Who asked you?

Atiku for 2011-2019

cool
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 5:32am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

He will make a fine president.
His wives and children come from ALL parts of Nigeria.

I think I will choose either Titi Atiku or Jemila Atiku for First lady. kiss

This is good news.

Jemila Atiku.

Chief Mrs. Amina Titi Atiku Abubakar (Chair)(WOTCLEF, Nigeria/WOTCLEF, USA)

I have to give it to the man. He has some fiiiione taste in women. The [size=28pt]only criteria [/size] a man needs to rule a country like Naija.

A Y A K A T A B O N G O Shouldnt that be, ".  .  . only criterion. . . "

Criterion is singular and criteria is plural. Many people use criteria for the singular, but this is technically incorrect
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by IVORY2009(m): 5:35am On Nov 23, 2010
This makes GEJ's job easy, on like other stronger canididate frm the north like IBB, I think Atiku will not be able to stand the pressure frm GEJ during the PDP's primary, anyway congratulations to him and I wish him all the best.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by aljharem(m): 5:40am On Nov 23, 2010
IVORY2009:

This makes GEJ's job easy, on like other stronger canididate frm the north like IBB, I think Atiku will not be able to stand the pressure frm GEJ during the PDP's primary, anyway congratulations to him and I wish him all the best.

i think u would be surprised
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Motiva: 5:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Jennifer Iweonjora is the very backbone of Atiku!!!

oh sorry, she's now known as Jemila abi na Jamila . . .

catch that woman and just be assured u got Atiku

God dey!!!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:44am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

A Y A K A T A B O N G O Shouldnt that be, ".  .  . only criterion. . . "

Criterion is singular and criteria is plural. Many people use criteria for the singular, but this is technically incorrect

Oh dia.
What have I got myself into? cry

Thank you ma. grin
Now let me see if I can find another of your's. wink
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by fstranger2: 5:55am On Nov 23, 2010
Blazay:

Oh dia.
What have I got myself into? cry

Thank you ma. grin
Now let me see if I can find another of [s][size=28pt]your's.[/size] wink
[/s]

A Y A K A T A B O N G O

The idea that yours needs an apostrophe comes out of the fact that on virtually every other word, 's indicates possession, so illiterate Abokis sometimes think yours should be spelled your's. However, this is always incorrect - yours is the only correct spelling.Though you may see your's written even by native speakers and Yorubas, it is incorrect. Yours should never have an apostrophe

It seems English is not your thing, which is fine, you can always pay me to post for you. wink
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Blazay(m): 5:58am On Nov 23, 2010
fstranger2:

[/s]

A Y A K A T A B O N G O

The idea that yours needs an apostrophe comes out of the fact that on virtually every other word, 's indicates possession, so illiterate Abokis sometimes think yours should be spelled your's. However, this is always incorrect - yours is the only correct spelling.Though you may see your's written even by native speakers and Yorubas, it is incorrect. Yours should never have an apostrophe

It seems English is not your thing, which is fine, you can always pay me to post for you. wink

Good! Not bad for an aboki huh?
Next one please.
I am tired of reading mine's. wink
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Onlytruth(m): 6:04am On Nov 23, 2010
I'm laughing . . .
all the way to the bank! grin grin grin

Where's my isi-ewu and nkwobi plus nkwu enu! cool cool cool
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Onlytruth(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2010
I have to say this; I could be wrong but we shalll see.

I strongly speculate that the north has beaten a quiet retreat. They have quietly conceded the election because they know that they can't win against a sitting Nigerian president. Why do I say this? I say this because Atiku is the more likely to accept a defeat than IBB. He has lost before and will not be "bowled over" by another loss. The north wants to tone this thing down and live to fight another day.
Smart move if you ask me.  cool

That is why I am smiling!   grin
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by rasputinn(m): 6:52am On Nov 23, 2010
[size=20pt]The fact that Atiku was the "best" product the idiotic Ciroma gang could put forward confirms the fact that the entire candidates in the gang-up as well as the stewpid  people that constituted themselves into that useless selection committee are a bunch of rehabilitation-seeking political jokers

Good news for Goodluck[/size]
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by mikano80: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2010
SalisuOri, Atiku?! the guy can't barely step into the U.S because of his recent money laundering activities. How will be represent the north!?,  anyways, lets wait till full reports come in as the Reuters article said that Atiku's guy announced it rather than the committee, and there's been reports of all four clinching it.

I think you need to learn how to write with facts and not what you perceived in a forum of this magnitude.You don,t know anything at all,i will advice you to learn the act of proper researching before you write or talk in public forum. "Jefferson, who had been on trial over an alleged controversial business deal with Abubakar, including a $100,000 bribe on Monday, said in an American court that he neither received any bribe money nor made any attempt to offer same to Abubakar"puch  wensday 8th july 2009.Based on his confession ATIKU was cleared. you can equally consult goggle,bing. British counsel  and others.

The fact that Jonathan is contesting never make him a consensus candidate to Nigerians.If you feel IBB,ATIKU,BUHARI,ORJI UZOR and others are not good enough,you are a Nigerian with a legal  right to contest and so others,present yourself for an election we will make our choice rather than coming up with non factual information.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by blinx4real(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2010
Concensus Candidate Nomination Results
Atiku - 9
IBB - 3
Saraki - 1
Gusau - 0

I guess this says it all, the North has no candidate, Saraki and Gusau are jokers, while IBB is a rotten egg.
Atiku, hmmm no comment, We'll check through the EFCC register for the appropriate comment
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by arsenal1(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2010
blinx4real:

Concensus Candidate Nomination Results
Atiku - 9
IBB - 3
Saraki - 1
Gusau - 0

I guess this says it all, the North has no candidate, Saraki and Gusau are jokers, while IBB is a rotten egg.
Atiku, hmmm no comment, We'll check through the EFCC register for the appropriate comment
• Anyway, what a way to bring shame to Atiku,,,he has a case pending with the united states senate, he is a man that lacks adequate credibility to rule 150 million Nigerians, I am not bothered, he is already a looser,
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by arsenal1(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2010
mikano80:

SalisuOri, Atiku?! the guy can't barely step into the U.S because of his recent money laundering activities. How will be represent the north!?,  anyways, lets wait till full reports come in as the Reuters article said that Atiku's guy announced it rather than the committee, and there's been reports of all four clinching it.

I think you need to learn how to write with facts and not what you perceived in a forum of this magnitude.You don,t know anything at all,i will advice you to learn the act of proper researching before you write or talk in public forum. "Jefferson, who had been on trial over an alleged controversial business deal with Abubakar, including a $100,000 bribe on Monday, said in an American court that he neither received any bribe money nor made any attempt to offer same to Abubakar"puch  wensday 8th july 2009.Based on his confession ATIKU was cleared. you can equally consult goggle,bing. British counsel  and others.

The fact that Jonathan is contesting never make him a consensus candidate to Nigerians.If you feel IBB,ATIKU,BUHARI,ORJI UZOR and others are not good enough,you are a Nigerian with a legal  right to contest and so others,present yourself for an election we will make our choice rather than coming up with non factual information.
• How can Nigeria vote for:
1. a consensus candid on the platter of tribalism?
2. Someone who will be Zonal President and pledge his allegiance to the north instead of Nigeria?
3. Someone who runs from pillar to poles today is PDP, tomorrow is AC or ACN next tomorrow is put am for reverse - zombie in his bid to be President at all cost?
4. A cowardice, who values his comfort than resignation and face jail for a cause he believes in and comes out as conscience of the nation
5. Someone who is coming to revenge than being a uniter
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2010
The Northerners kw what they are doing. Relax bt pls NL esp guys like RASPUTINN shd mind usage of abusive words wen commenting. Na wa o, are we nt mature? Pls talk witout much emotions. Thanx. Vote 4 GEJ.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by biodell: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2010
This country really needs to get rid of that monster called PDP, either which way, i believe by 2011 there is going to be a new beginning for Nigerians. A different episode entirely . I truly wish
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by opabukun(m): 8:42am On Nov 23, 2010
biodell:

This country really needs to get rid of that monster called PDP, either which way, i believe by 2011 there is going to be a new beginning for Nigerians. A different episode entirely . I truly wish
grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by nduchucks: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2010
silami:

Why are we lazy not knowing anything just start acting on emotions. This still an allegation, the same Atiku has been in the USA for months after leaving the office why wouldn't they arrest him? he was back in Nigeria no agency has instituted any case against or get him convicted? and here you are ranting and pouring all your ignorance out just to disgrace urself. All the PDP aspirants are potential criminals if you want make the allegation including GEJ. Go and open shop its morning already. yeye

silami, I'm afraid you are the one powering your mouth with silly emotional outbursts. It is senseless to have a president with allegations that could lead to prosecution as a president. If you don't understand that, then I can't help you.

I have not stated in my post that Atiku has been convicted of any crime, I said he is a potential criminal defendant. By the way, not all PDP aspirants  are linked to criminal activities with a looming indictment in the USA - The former US congressman involved in the corruption case with Atiku was sent to prison for 13 years! . Please educate yourself before spewing rubbish here. I hope you understand what potential means. olodo
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by sexygold: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2010
why are notherners doing dis to themselves, are they telling us that this is ALL they have, COULD THIS BE THERE BEST? just got me thinking, how d MIGHTY FALLEN,
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Buzman: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2010
OMG!!!! You mean the North finally selected Atiku?

The last time I checked, ATIKU was widely popular for:

- polygamy - many wives; so the fight now will be who to choose as First Lady
- Sodomy - he is a high level homosexual
- Corrupt politicians - America is still waiting for him on Halliburton case
- Illiterate - have you seen the guy read speech? You will laugh

Could this be the end to PDP in Nigeria? I just pray he wins PDP primaries and then it will be over for the party.
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by sholasys: 9:38am On Nov 23, 2010
Most of the political analysis here are underrating and downsizing ATIKU's candidature. Dont be surprised that ATIKU can emerge as the PDP presidential flag bearer. What I am sure of is, its not going to be bed of roses for GEJ. They should not slack else laxity will comes in and they will loose focus. They cant celebrate yet ok, ATIKU commands loyalty and allegiance from most of this Govs. He helped some when he was VP and chairman privatization.HE has wider acceptability than other northern candidates. Ciroma's committees knew what they did. I reserved other comments
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by genxris: 9:40am On Nov 23, 2010
As Atiku has been selected from the group,i expected IBB to stop his political jingles on air but since the announcment of atiku AIT  has even showing new jingles indicating he's still in d race. I no understand o!
Re: Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate by Canales(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2010
Nice one grin grin grin, My Prayer is that Atiku defeats Jonathan in the primaries, then thr will be [size=8pt]Serious Chaos[/size] in the People Destructive party, then If the ACN can produce a good and Credible Alternative, then we mite be deleiverd from the darkness that PDP have plunged us as a nation since '99

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service / Breaking President Of Gabon Spotted In Nigeria Civil War Pics As A Starvin Child / National Assembly Appoints Abimbola Ayo-Yusuf As Chief Complaints Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.