Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,056 members, 7,970,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:40 AM

Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me (5385 Views)

His Parents Doesn't Know He Has A Year Old Son. / Hubby Loves Me But I Love My Boyfriend More / How Do You Know He/she Was The One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
sisimmi:

@ Ikedom, Likeme, et al
I brought this matter up because I needed your contributions so it would help me handle a problem.  If I had slept with Honourable, I would have said so.  You don't know me, and I have no reason whatsoever to lie.  If I lie, how then would I get sound advice that is not obscured by my lie?  I've put out everything as it happened.  On my honour, the Honourable guy has never asked me out.  We are so close that he would look very awkward and irresponsible to contemplate asking me out.  

We are not saying you've slept with the honourable . ,  yet! However, there's no denying the fact that he wants you and your man saw that as a threat. You should calm his fears, not escalate them!

Talk about change of status.  I knew this guy when he had absolutely nothing.  He was from a very humble background yet, very intelligent.  I saw in him, a big and bright future and in my innocence, I fell flat for him.  He disvirgined me.  I've never slept with any other man in my life till today.  That is a fact.  It is the more reason his betrayal and infidelity hurt me so deeply.  I've tried severally to overcome the hurt; have prayed about it but my mind keeps going back to it.  We struggled together from 2000 until he had his first break in 2004, when he could afford is own house and a car!  I used to steal food from my house and take to him while he was in the Polytechnic.  He was everything to me coz I lost my father while I was a year old, and grew up with my auntie!  We met because he was living with a lecturer (who took him in coz he had no house) next to my auntie's house.  And, he was such a good and smart guy.

I encouraged him to secure his house.  I took it upon myself to furnish the house, from carpet to curtains, etc.  We did a lot for each other.  He wrote my project, term papers, etc.  He helped me secure admission in the University.  One day, I was in his house after he lost his job when he sent an sms to another girl, proposing to drop her off in Uyo, from Calabar! And, I gave him money to fuel the car that morning!  In another instance, I returned from Abuja impromptu to his apartment to discover that he had removed all my pictures that adorned his sitting room.  To me, this was a clear sign that he was doing something silly!  He left the pictures in the bedroom and when I accosted him, he said he removed the photos to clean up the house.  This was the very day I made up my mind to start withdrawing from him.  But I didn't know how best to handle it.  As I said, a lot has happened.  The bottomline is, I am fade up with the relationship.  

It is unfortunate that I secured my present job before him.  We took the aptitude test together; sat together and he solved most of the questions (he is a computer Science graduate with a good 2.1).  We also did the interview together.  When the employment came, his name wasn't in the list.  It hurt me, but hurt him so much! Since then, I have been doing everything I can to ensure, he comes in.  I managed to include his name in the last exclusive test that was conducted for only selected candidates from well-placed Nigerians.  he told me he did well, and I've been hustling in my organization on his behalf.

You are a good person . .  there's no denying that fact! However, you do not need to put too much emphasis on what you've done for him. True you've made so much sacrifices but isn't what why you are his wife, his sole mate, his helper? You are lucky to be in a position to help and you should do it gladly. What if you were jobless too? Won't you guys find a way to survive?  undecided

Upon resumption, I've gotten a housing loan and have paid for my house in Abuja.  He wanted to know the place but because I didn't want his troubles, I refised to let him.  My hiding somethings from him led up to his violence of friday which has now escalated every matter beyond control.  He has a very big temper.  He still hugely loves me but I foresee that we may end up breaking up in future.  That has been my dilenma!  I've warned him not to call me.  He still calls but I won't pick.  His action of friday has worsened everything.  Even if we still need to marry, who would collect the marriage drinks?  My only surviving uncle says he doesn't even want to see him.  I know I've made mistakes.  But how can I end this peacefully without more damage?  Who do I need to talk to?

You say he has a huge temper, he says the dame about you . .  but you guys have worked through it and still loved each other deeply all these years. He cheated on you and you forgave him and moved on . ,  why are you raising it again now? Can't you see how anyone could easily interpret it as an excuse?

Nobody's saying you MUST marry your fiance, but remember, all that glitter is NOT gold!  cool  cool
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by jaybee3(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2010
Wow Wow Wow Wow Uju
This side of you is the bomb. cool cool cool cool
Thumbs/head/hands/feet up
GBAM GBAM GBAM cool cool cool cool
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
Babe you have said it is not because of the money very good but i still believe things will change when he gets a job doing in the meanwhile you still need space to forgive him whether or not you want him back.

every rship has its rocky period where we all get tired and sometimes we quit.sometimes we stay and things turn around for better give yourselves time to heal and forget.I need to know do you not consider yourselves married i mean who gets married just to be posted to abuja for nysc.??

to me he is your hubby when will some pips understand that you dnt just get married for silly reasons and then back out when it becomes inconvenient.you need to look at the reality and i can bet you that if not for the marriage scam you would have walked since but something binds you and you knw it.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by 190: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
jay bee:

Wow Wow Wow Wow Uju

Jaybee you don chop so, !!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2010
sisimmi:

@This is his latest email. check:

Baby,
I'm not convinced, you took me to Uyo to annul the relationship, or that you wanted to escalate our disgreement as much as this. Why don't you hold yourself back? How come, you cannot control your anger? When you tell everybody about how bad I am, do you remember that I have been crucial to building up everything you'll ever be in future? Do you remember the dark days that you and I had no one except ourselves to lean on? Now, when they advice you to leave me alone, have you asked them whether they've not had worse moments in their relationships?

You need to give deeper thoughts and reflection to your relationship before you throw it away. If I do you wrong, and show you after that I am SORRY about that thing I have done, no matter how terrible or unthinkable the wrong was, you MUST forgive me. The reason is that I didn't do you that wrong because I hate you. But, because I was looking for ways to show you that I CANNOT do without you. And, I did it the wrong way! It ends there. Looking back, I've been more useful to you than just a few ugly incidents. They are bad, very bad indeed but they are not enough to destroy all we stood for.

Take a look at this. No one (as I always say) would ever build your relationship for you. Everything that has happened between us are traceable to our inability to sit and talk and solve our problems. When you are angry, it takes you forever to rebuild your life and get over it. That gradually pushed I and you to desperation until we have in this mess. No matter how you hate me, your story would never be complete without me. I've been part of 13, out of your 30 years! Those years can never be regained, no matter how we all wish and strive. I've said I'M SORRY more than a million times to you, but you never forgive; you never forget. Now, from very little problems that wouldn't have taken any effort to solve, we are gradually degenerating to a point where we'll break up after a very bitter quarrel. And, 10 to 20 years from now, don't you think you would regret all your actions? Have you ever asked yourselve why we met and why it took us so long to break up? Have you asked yourself why you suddenly started hating me the very moment you had your job? Have you asked why I am the only person you can easily afford to throw away due to hatred and disagreement? Do you think I'll just walk away with this pain without asking God why? Where exactly would it lead us? Did we meet to collectively wreck ourselves? Why can't you pull yourself together and face this challenge like we have done many other times before?

When you were leaving Pastor………, 's house, I pleaded with you to mind the things you tell your family. The reason was that it would expose all the things we never wanted anybody to hear. You refused to heed that advice and now, everything is running out of control. Do you now know what anger can cause? It never does any good to anybody, including me. I harassed you on friday because I was angry. You took me to Uyo because you were angry. And the anger has spread to everybody and is consuming a relationship you built for 13 years! That is not wise at all. And, we both are losers in this! Just as I have a contrite, remorseful and regretful heart, you should also reflect on the role you played and ask yourself if there are some things you could have done better. I am quite sure that if you were really interested in keeping this relationship since August, we would not have got to this point. And, does it now matter to you that among all the people who have been part of your life in the last 24+ years, I am the ONLY one you now hate the most? Yet, I have been the most close and best friend you ever had and would ever have?

I've learnt some very hard lessons from all these. I regret every desperate measure I took to win you back. I should have waited until night on friday before revealing myself to you. That way, all these wouldn't have happened. Yet, if you took my calls after everyone had pleaded with you to do so, I would not have come to Abuja and all these would not have occured. It's sad to think about you as someone I may have to do without for the rest of my life. I always hated to imagine you in that light. You know, I have tried all I can, to bring you back to me! And, you are leaving me a very broken and devastated man. And you know deep inside you that I love you so dearly that I cannot do anything to cause you physical harm or bring shame to you. If I wanted to, I would have done so long long ago! You know me more than anyone else and its only you that can tell if I have all my life meant well for you and done everything to ensure you are a happy woman! I leave history to be the judge. For me, I had sworn to keep you as my wife for the rest of my life. Even if you cannot come back, I would keep that vow. And, I know the relationship would haunt you everywhere you go. I'm sure, you know what I mean! 13 years is not 13 days! You should even know that more than I do because I've been true to you and no matter how anyone may try to paint me in very bad light, you know in your heart that I've been honestly, sincerely and truly in love with you. I spared nothing to show this! And I still do!

I've shed so much tears in this relationship because I value and treasure it; because I don't have a way to explain vividly to you what you mean to me and why I did all the things I did to win your heart back to me and because you are not the girl I used to know. And, did you spare a minute to think of how humiliated and devastated I was when walking away from Pastor ……, 's house? And how terrible I've felt since then till now? If and when you leave me, who do you go to? Will he kiss you the way I used to? Or take you to the market and cook with you the way we used to? Would he call you Pretty Girl? Would he love your family, mom, sisters, brothers and grandmother the way I used to? Would he give up his convenience for your sake like I used to? Would he be there at all times, to share your life's troubles with you? And advice you? How would you feel when you move to your new house with a new man in your life? And when the Union Homes house comes, how would you feel to own it with someone who was not part of your hard times? How would you wake and sleep with someone else as husband? Would you be able to love him? Like you used to love me? When you make children, won't you feel bad that for 13 years, I and you couldn't get even one child because we were poor? And when things started looking up, we separated and someone else becomes father to your children? Don't you feel that would dent your heart and conscience forever? If you were in my shoes, how would you feel?

Someday, I'll get to Hon, to also tell my story! I'll do so because I know, he doesn't have a complete picture. The same with Uncle………, ……., …, , etc. Every person who has been in a relationship before and put in all his heart would understand and appreciate why it is foolish for us to separate now. I know, they are mature and would not wish their own children to waste 13 years struggling to build a more solid union only to end up breaking up because they couldn't handle their emotions. I know I wasn't right to do some of the things I did, especially on friday. I've felt very SORRY about it all. I see it as one of those odd moments. But everything happened because I am poor. My poverty pushed you to Abuja. Our poverty made you live in Gwarinpa. Our poverty caused you to hide me from Hon. …, etc. And that lead us to this situation.

Beyond all these however, I still see hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I still feel that you'll be the mother of our children! We can't afford anything less. We deserve it and God would not let us plant without harvesting. I remember there was a time you desired that I should be there in the Theater, when you would give birth to our first child! I remember so many lovely dreams we had. I know you won't believe this and you would try to do everything to stop us. BUT because I know we were brought together by GOD, and He doesn't start a project He cannot finish, I believe He would solve this crisis for us since it seems, no man can! It would be very hard to forget you. I guess, we've come to this very tough moment because God wants to do something new in our lives. I still plead for your FORGIVENESS. It would set the foundation for our reconcilliation and a new beginning. I believe this in my heart, even if it may take 10 years. I know, God can never let two honest hearts, go to waste. I've been honest to you, and you've been honest to me.

I still love you, no matter what. Have a lovely day and God bless you for me.

Very truly,
………………,

Awwwww!  sad  sad

Anyways, the guy has said it all . . . the ball is in your court and the decision is your to make. You and you alone know why you suddenly want to end your relationship. Us Nlders would not want to guess!  cool  cool
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2010
jay bee:

Wow Wow Wow Wow Uju

LOL grin grin grin

Ahh, that's just my alter ego . . I'm still a biatch! cool cool cheesy
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by buttkick: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2010
just finished going through that mail. wow my oh my. if every word of it is believable, against all ive posted earlier and the slight reservation i have about him feeling he is the last bus stop and that you cant do better than what he has to offer, take a deep breath if you can forgive him, marry this guy. qed.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by obowunmi(m): 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2010
@ OP, do not marry a man that does not have a job. You are only setting your self up for future marital problems.

I don't care what people say, money matters in a relationship --- you least you both must bring something to the table even if its 50 kobo.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
obowunmi:

@ OP, do not marry a man that does not have a job. You are only setting your self up for future marital problems.

I don't care what people say, money matters in a relationship --- you least you both must bring something to the table even if its 50 kobo.

Just because he doesn't have a job now doesn't mean he can NEVER get a job! She said it herself that he's working on getting one and with any luck, his efforts will pay off soon!

People marry men with jobs and wake up one morning to find him jobless . . what then? Divorce? undecided

buttkick:

just finished going through that mail. wow my oh my. if every word of it is believable, against all ive posted earlier and the slight reservation i have about him feeling he is the last bus stop and that you cant do better than what he has to offer, take a deep breath if you can forgive him, marry this guy. qed.

I'm afraid I agree with that comment poster!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by jaybee3(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2010
@OP
Please take him bag
What will it take for you to take him back abeg
Whatever you do please don't go into the forever hopefull drum.
13 years ain't joke. It's fine to be tired and even more acceptable to be fed up but your judgement should be based on how successful the 13years you guys ad together.
Please harbour just a lil more patience. God will surely give you the strength to pull through.

This is just another classic example of Swiftycool's thread. I think you need to read through the thread to understand what you have and willing to give up.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=484727
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by 49cents(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
From your posts and replies i honestly think u need to start afresh with new principles regarding dating and relationship; fine you were so young when the relationship started to have mature principles regarding love; see my sister love is emotion with conviction that stems from the will and reason anything less is counterfeit;

take your work with God more seriously; don't hate him just begin again and talk to God about everything.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by obowunmi(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^ sorry but god is not a magician. Its up to you lady, to decide whether or not you can to stay in this relationship. God is not dating this man, YOU are!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Kilode1: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2010
my father's friend, who was instrumental to my securing the NYSC placement takes me like a daughter and I respect him so much that I have always wanted to only present my fiancee to him when we are ready to hit the alter; when he has a job.

Our poverty made you live in Gwarinpa. Our poverty caused you to hide me from Hon. …, etc. And that lead us to this situation.

@OP, Why did you decide not to introduce your BF/husband to your father's friend? I mean the REAL Reason, That part of your story confused me from the outset and from your BF's letter, it shows it confused him too.

You would have introduced him to your family or even your father right? I mean it's been 13 years, everybody probably knows him already.

Why did you hide him from that man? Is it just because he's poor? or some other reason?

Think deeply, rationally and honestly about those questions and let us know why you are so ashamed of a man you claimed you love and you've been with for 13 years that you cannot introduce him to a benefactor even though you admitted that the man can help him secure a job.

I'm curious about that detail.

Also, how did he "Violate" you? did he "despoil" you? (Seun and his "Despoil" sef) that will be a game changing NO NO! angry

BTW, who is this Ujujoan? why is she so sensible? One lady continually posting sensible comments like that is just wrong! wink you might have changed my opinion about this section of NL.

I wonder why "Pasitor" no give advice like Ujujoan, Naijas and their pastors sef undecided
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by sisimmi: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
aspilicueta
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Kilode1: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2010
sisimmi:
U know what? If I introduced this guy to that Hon. guy and some "conservative" members of my family, I would have been under tremendous pressure to drop the guy long ago!

My sister, that is not a good reason to hide a man you claim you love. you should have introduced him.

I'm Nigerian too, I understand how overbearing and irrational some of our families can be. But we are talking about a long-term relationship and Love here.

Like you mentioned and is apparent from his letter,  your BF/Husband does not sound like an Agbero without a future. The confidence you display about your relationship with him and his prospects should have been infectious enough to convince some of those conservatives while you respectfully give the finger to the rest.

I disagree with that reason. It's not reasonable enough but, I guess you know your situation better

Honestly, when we went to uyo, I had no plan to dump him. However, something just happpened. The Pastor asked me and I told him I'm no more interested in the relationship. Before he asked me, he said he had a revealation but would not disclose it until I speak my mind. I managed to utter the word that I'm tired of the relationship. My hope was that the Pastor would counsel, advice and encourage us to settle amicably! That was what took me there. AND, my entire family believes this pastor so well. I completely believe him too because his predictions have never failed!

When It comes to a lot of my Nigerians and their pastors it's not easy to apply reason and common sense, so I will not say anything further about that -you can read my location signature to guess where I stand.

But, if you truly don't love this guy anymore, you have every right and enough reason to leave him. but do not make up excuses that ridicules and contradicts your claim of love.

If you can't stand cheating, that is fine, if he despoiled you that is a NO! if you found a better man, that is good, but just be sincere with yourself about the reasons why you want to give up a 10/13 year relationship.

I cannot give you a definite answer about what to do, except to advice you to be honest with yourself about the real reason(s)why you need to end the relationship. Then end it. I wish you well.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
Jeez Poster, you are 30 not 20. This 'my family will kill me' stuff is getting a bit boring!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by sisimmi: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2010
@ everyone
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Demdem(m): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
once again i 'v taken time to go tru ur HUSBAND'S mail. i will assume that all what he wrote is true and he is sincere(u should know better). i see in that mail, d writings of a broken husband. i will implore u to re-consider ur present position. Believe me, not many men are these responsible out there. above all, the choice is urs. make it wisely.

by he way, where the heck is chaircover, can som1 tell her that her attention is needed here
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
@sisimi, 13yrs is not 13days, U know he needs the right to feel like a man.But since he is poor.everything is bothering him and maybe ur the closest person to him to show to.ALL u have to do is tell him ur with him,it 13yrs. God.Now am thinking if my 1yrs relationship can even last to marriage.so it is true no guarantee for marriage when dating a girl?
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Ivynwa(f): 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2010
sisimmi:

I'm not one that cares about cash! In the last couple of years, I've shared everything I've ever had with him. He knows I don't care about material possessions. As I said, I met him when we were both worth nothing materially. He too doesn't care either. I know that of him! anything I have has been his, and money is NOT and can NEVER be the reason why we are splitting. That is completely true of me. I'm sure the guy would certainly land a very good job. He is very intelligent and knows his onions. That is as sure as sunrise tomorrow. I've always encouraged him to keep calm. I've consulted in church severally on his behalf. ---------------------. Before he asked me, he said he had a revealation but would not disclose it until I speak my mind. I managed to utter the word that I'm tired of the relationship. My hope was that the Pastor would counsel, advice and encourage us to settle amicably! That was what took me there. AND, my entire family believes this pastor so well. I completely believe him too because his predictions have never failed! So, to me it was a rude shock when he began to speak that we are not destined to marry; that if we try, we would end up burying one of us prematurely.

@Poster

Your fiance sounds like a wonderful person from the tone of his letter and I am glad that you believe that he has a great future before him. What is causing all these problem is the distance between you too (which exposed him to cheating) and the job friction (which seems to be affecting his ego as a man and frustrating him). If these two frictions were not there you two would have been married perhaps by this same pastor that all of a sudden is divining damnation for you. Girlfriend why will you believe your fellow human being? Nobody knows tommorrow but God, you can't imagine how many families have been divided by such beliefs in fake prophecies.
You know, I have tried all I can, to bring you back to me! And, you are leaving me a very broken and devastated man. And you know deep inside you that I love you so dearly that I cannot do anything to cause you physical harm or bring shame to you
   According to his letter quoted above,your boy needs you to scale thru this situation to a time that you two will be living together blissfully and you have been wonderful so far, find it in your heart to forgive him. You two can make out time and spend like a week together away from everybody else and see how it goes. Methinks that 13 years is too long for a relationship and that if you succeed with making up your differences that you guys should bridge the distance gap so as to be close or even tie the knot (if and only if you really want to do it). If you don't wish to continue, you are free to do your wish but do help him get over it as it is not easy on him as it is. This matter is a very delicate issue that can snowball into something else so you two have to be careful, where I live people wake up almost every month to see that one,two or three husbands/fiance have killed themselves and their wives/fiancee simply because the wives/fiancee does not want to get on. The frustration of such lost love can drive humans to things which may even be what drove him into forcing himself on you.
   Be truthful to your self and know whether you can get on with him and if you can't, you must handle him with absolute love and care while he goes thru the breakup. Wishing you the best.

Ujujoan:

---------------and your man saw that as a threat. You should calm his fears, not escalate the matter
Miss Ujujoan is right some there, in as much as I don't agree that our Mr. honourable wants some favour in return for his favour (as there are still good people out there) but your boy might be jealous of your relationship with him. The husband of a colleague of mine had inferiority issues with a good family friend that was supporting my colleague then and giving her hundred millions Naira fixed deposit.
A man is bound to have some level of inadequate feelings when a richer man is always around his woman unless the woman does a good job of managing the situation well and making her man comfortable. I hope you are not always getting on "honourable this and honourable that" when you are with him, if possible I will advise that you scrape the honourable title for the man and use his name eg (Mr 190) when you are discussing anything that has to do with him with your fiance. Fiance should be the one to be celebrated in your home first before any other man, don't you think so?
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by deniyor: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
@poster,
I can understand what you are going through. I know how these things can affect a relationship. I was without a job for almost a yr and it broke me. Thank God I had a strong wonderful woman who means the world to me now. I also know what it means in past relationships for stress and fighting to make you fall out of love or just lose the feelings. But the reality is those feelings don't ever go away totally. You need a clean break and desire to start over again with each other if you must make it work.
You do not feel that way, but the fact is you are not his gf, you are married. Yes it was a sham but it wasn't a sham you would hv readily done with any guy on the street. You did it with someone you loved and almost married b4. Someone who sees you as his life partner. Life has dealt you both a cruel blow.

From his email, I can tell you one thing, you will be a foool not to accept this guy and try rediscover the love you both had. I feel he is the real deal for you. He has made mistakes, yes, but you knew all that b4 you 'married' him. Forgive him. Learn to love again without grudges. All the best in whatever decision you choose.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by deniyor: 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2010
Like someone said, you are 30 not 20 lipsrsealed. You are too old for most Ibo guys (srry no offense undecided to anyone). By the time you factor in the time to get over this relationship (fully heal), meet someone new, court and marry, you are talking another minimum 2 yrs. By then you will be 32ish. Now the competition for the younger versions of you (20 -23 sad ) will start.
Your chances are getting slimmer. Leave the guy, and start over. You might be lucky to meet someone and start fresh. Or you might be an old maid at 40 shocked and your uncles, aunties and pastor will ship you off to anyone that shows interest with or without your consent.
Maybe, like you said, your pastor is always right. He foresaw /said  you two would never marry ( of course he is wrong there already - maybe he meant in his church or his lifetime). What your pastor never said is you will ever marry. Read btw the lines tongue.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by likeme(m): 2:49am On Nov 24, 2010
9ice one from Uju and Chaircover
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by oyinda3(f): 3:39am On Nov 24, 2010
Sisimmi, from what I have read, you two are not on the same page at all!

you are breaking up with him because of mistrust and infidelity issues.
On the other hand, he thinks you're breaking up with him because he is poor.

I think you should sit him down and tell him the truth. You should have told him in the following days after you found out that he hid your photos from his living room that you are losing your feelings for him. Truth is bitter but it would have saved you from all these mess.

Yea his letter was touching but he seems soo oblivious to the fact that you are mad at him for cheating on you. he doesn't mention that anywhere in his letter. Instead, he seem sorry only for what he did on "friday"

your priority now should be letting him understand why you don't want to be in the relationship and making him understand that it has more to do with his infidelity than with money.
Then help him get over you fast!!! because  you don't want him doing something dangerous like committing suicide or trying to kill you. You already said that he has anger issues.
make it clear to him that most of your feelings are gone. and then put it up to him to decide if he still wants to be with a woman who doesn't love him anymore. Obviously he must be very foolish if he still decides to stay with you after you tell him you don't love him anymore.
and make it clear to him that you lost your love for him the day you found out he was cheating. let him know that it is not because of his finances because then, it will seem like your fault and that's not true. It was really all his fault!!

I won't punish myself by being with someone I have no feelings for just because I pity them or because you have had 13 yrs together in the past. 

Yes you guys were together for 13 years but really, why cry over spilled milk? In economics, they call it "Sunk Cost" There is absolutely nothing you can do about the 13 years past so don't let it affect you psychologically. All you have to do is look forward and move on!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

What you should try your best to do is to remain friends with him because he does seem like a great guy. Just not right for you.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by kittykat1(f): 3:43am On Nov 24, 2010
Think well madam. u r making a mistake
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by sleekch1c(f): 4:05am On Nov 24, 2010
oyinda.:

Sisimmi, from what I have read, you two are not on the same page at all!

you are breaking up with him because of mistrust and infidelity issues.
On the other hand, he thinks you're breaking up with him because he is poor.

I think you should sit him down and tell him the truth. You should have told him in the following days after you found out that he hid your photos from his living room that you are losing your feelings for him. Truth is bitter but it would have saved you from all these mess.

Yea his letter was touching but he seems soo oblivious to the fact that you are mad at him for cheating on you. he doesn't mention that anywhere in his letter. Instead, he seem sorry only for what he did on "friday"

your priority now should be letting him understand why you don't want to be in the relationship and making him understand that it has more to do with his infidelity than with money.
Then help him get over you fast!!! because  you don't want him doing something dangerous like committing suicide or trying to kill you. You already said that he has anger issues.
make it clear to him that most of your feelings are gone. and then put it up to him to decide if he still wants to be with a woman who doesn't love him anymore. Obviously he must be very foolish if he still decides to stay with you after you tell him you don't love him anymore.
and make it clear to him that you lost your love for him the day you found out he was cheating. let him know that it is not because of his finances because then, it will seem like your fault and that's not true. It was really all his fault!!

I won't punish myself by being with someone I have no feelings for just because I pity them or because you have had 13 yrs together in the past. 

Yes you guys were together for 13 years but really, why cry over spilled milk? In economics, they call it "Sunk Cost" There is absolutely nothing you can do about the 13 years past so don't let it affect you psychologically. All you have to do is look forward and move on!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

What you should try your best to do is to remain friends with him because he does seem like a great guy. Just not right for you.

u re the only one that have made sense here so far.
@ujujoan,chaircover-i seriously pity these two,no wonder most 9ja women prefer to remain in abusive relationship angry
@op,how cld u still be thinking about this?he cheated on u,raped u and has the temerity to write that pathetic letter.
did u notice that his only strong point in the letter is the fact that u ve been dating for 13yrs?i say bullsh1t!
he didnt give any reason for cheating on u and all the one-track minds on NL are sympathizing with him as if cheating and raping ur gf is a virtue.
i understand what u said about ur family,mine wld do the same.
girl,since u dnt feel anything for this guy i suggest u move on already!
and oh,about breaking his heart;afterall he cheated,raped and expects u to forgive him since he thinks like that,am sure he wld forgive u for dumping his sorry backside.
and that guy isnt ur husband notwithstanding the sham marriage cos ur family werent involved.
i think u shld still help him secure the job,let him understand that u dnt love him and be more prayerful.
ur man will come.for the fact that u dated from the womb doesnt mean u were meant to die together.
and if,finally he starts to work in the same place with u,it wnt be much of a problem since u dnt feel for him anymore.
remember,if u dnt let go of the good,the best wnt come.goodluck girl!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 24, 2010
Interesting. I'm bemused by those asking the OP to go back to her man. If there is anything she has reiterated more here; it is the fact that she now finds this man repulsive and no longer cares for him . . . those are feelings that cant be easily overlooked so they can both "start afresh". The man simply needs to rise up to the fact that he ruined his own chance for happiness with his woman and move on.

Sisinmi, if i were your man as well i'd be mad that you hid me from your source of income and job opportunities.
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2010
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2010
@ Sleekchic and Oyinda

Maybe you two should go back and read the original post. He cheated on her a long time ago (while she was still in school) and with the help of her pastor, they settled and she forgave him. They were supposed to move past that!

All of a sudden she left school, married him, got a job and realizd she just didn't love him anymore. And then she conveniently remembered how he cheated on her sometime ago. And the same pastor who reconciled them when he cheatead suddenly realized he wasn't her husband. I don't know about you guy but I'm just not convinced!

So here's my theory . . .  She loved him and appreciated him, so much that she forgave his infidelity . . . But that was when he was a rich guy with his own house and car. Now she's the rich one. She has an 'honourable' that will do anything for her. All of a sudden, he's not that attractive anymore. So she decided to get rid of him. Except of course the guy wouldn't go quietly. He fights and argues and begs, even 'violated' her! The more he pushes, the more she resents him. She really cannot come out open to say she's fallen out of love with him cos of the status change so she falls back to the only weapon she has, his infidelity that has been long forgotten (or so he thought). Of course he knows better than we all do, he knows the real reason why she wants to leave him. He could let her go knowing she'll regret it, but he loves her too much to let her make such a mistake. Hence his 'desperation' . . . Of course, that's just my theory and I could be wrong!

@ David
I'm not really asking her to go back, but I want her to recognize her actions as a huge mistake. She does hate him and despise him, but for all the wrong reasons! She's not a wicked person, she surpported him all these while didn't she?

The truth is that, I'm a woman and I've been in this position. I know exactly what her problem is (even if she doesn't want to admit it even to herself). You David cannot know everything about women and how they think!

There's a saying that you don't make yourself fall in love, but you make yourself stay in love! If everybody decides to take another look at their man, I'm sure they'll find enough reasons to despise them!

All we are saying is that she takes another look at the situation . .  really consider what she's about to do. If she really, in good conciense, think that's the best thing to do, then let her go ahead and leave him. It's her life afterall isn't it? But one thing is asured, she'll live to regret it  (I know I did)!
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2010
We really do think alike Madam CC . . . Sometimes! grin grin cool cool

Meanwhile how did your 18th and 19th sales go? I'm not based in Lag so I couldn't come . . I hope you collected enough money from them oh! Lol grin
Re: Someone Help: I Broke Up But He Pesters Me, And I Know He Loves Me by sisimmi: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2010
ty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MMM Cros, Pls Save My Dying Husband. / Married Men Are Pigs / Am In Trouble With The Wife I Married Today Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.