Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,054 members, 7,903,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:50 PM

Students: What's Your GPA? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students: What's Your GPA? (16785 Views)

How To Improve Your GPA And Stay Focused On Your Education Each Semester / 2 Reasons Why Your GPA Matters In Nigeria And 1 Reason Why It Doesn’t / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by GNature(m): 3:16am On Jun 01, 2007
@chiegemba

thanks so much. Yes, I know trisemester has something to do with pregnancy, but na the school part give me wahala.

Why can't oyibo people just give something one name ?

Trisemester for university
Trisemester for pregnancy

I wouldn't be surprised if they have also named a type of food or even someone's name trisemester.

May be I should go back and finish secondary school because all this one dey confuse me
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by WesleyanA(f): 3:21am On Jun 01, 2007
chiegemba:

@WesleyanA; not used actually in most sch systems in d states. most schools use quater system or semester. but 4 trimester its well known 4 a stage in pregnancy in d states.

i guess. just that most of the school forms i fill out usually ask if my school uses semester, quarter or trimester system. i think some middle schools use them but who knows?

I had never heard of trimesters being a school system before either. lol
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by GNature(m): 3:52am On Jun 01, 2007
On a serious note,

WesleyanA, I am really glad to see you going to college. I wish you the best and I know you'll do well.

The only advice I have for you is to never mix gbegiri soup and palm wine (emu ope) while in school.

Studies have shown that mixing gbegiri and emu ope can lead to dire consequences, especially if you

plan on keeping your grades up (atleast 1.9 gpa).

Best of luck. wink
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by nosa101(f): 3:56am On Jun 01, 2007
Fekuti, being black doesnt mean crap GPA
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by fekuti: 6:04am On Jun 01, 2007
nosa, no, it doesn't.
but why are blacks always the ones usually getting the low GPAs in fact i'm terrified, can't they follow my lead.

the semester/quarter system isn't so hard to understand.

some schools go by quarters
some by semesters.

there are usually 2 semesters with an option for summer school
and there are usually 3 quarters with an option for summer school.

there's spring semester and fall semester
for quarters there's spring/winter/fall/summer etc,
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by nosa101(f): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2007
fekuti:

nosa, no, it doesn't.
but why are blacks always the ones usually getting the low GPAs in fact i'm terrified, can't they follow my lead.

some by semesters.

Because according to them, the college thing is a "white boy" thing. And it's usually black americans that have that mentality
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2007
nosa101:

Because according to them, the college thing is a "white boy" thing. And it's usually black americans that have that mentality
Yes oh you are right about that because most Africans abroad have above 3.0 GPA and most time we are threat to this white people because they feel we are like rivalry with them. My Cuz is a senior majoring in Civil Engineering with a 3.8 GPA despite how high her GPA is her parent are still not happy with it, I have 3.0 and my parent are still complaining.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by WesleyanA(f): 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2007
fekuti:

nosa, no, it doesn't.

some by semesters.

i thought there were 4 quarters? undecided

fekuti:

nosa, no, it doesn't.

this doesn't apply to my school. blacks get some of the highest GPAs where i attend. i guess we're unique in that sense.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by danjay(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2007
cgpa 0.10
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by dearstan(m): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2007
my G.P is 5.0 on a scale of 5.0 grin cheesy grin
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by chosenbabe(f): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2007
someone educate me, what is GPA?
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
It's a Grade Point Average wink

A system used by many colleges for evaluating the overall scholastic performance of students. It is found by first determining the number of grade points a student has earned in each course he/she completed and then by dividing the sum of all his grade points by the number of points or hours of course work he/she carried. His/her grade points for a course are found by multiplying the number of points or hours given for the course by his/her grade in the course.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by tiwantiwa: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2007
no wonder i graduated with a 2.2 , my gpa was miscalculated,, i spent less hours in class but they computer longer hours for my average grades , 88 years back , can i still get a reprieve advise
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by busygirl(f): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2007
wHEN i WAS in NIGERIA, my G.P.A was 4.02. Anyways it's of no use now. . Cos the system in my school is quite different
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by Christino(m): 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2007
My GPA was 4.19 till I lost control. (abeg no be the EFCC type o grin)

1 Like

Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
wait a minute i thought GPA wa based on 4.0 maybe it's just abroad.
And moreover the grading system in naija is different from US becos 50% is a passing grade and hope here anyway thing below 65 is a failing grade, infact a 65-69.99 is a D and 70 is a C.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by Okeamu1(m): 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
sad sad
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by fekuti: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2007
what college was that
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by lakers: 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2007
Repin University of Maryland College Park

I had 1.85 first semester freshman year, it was so much fun and freedom. But all that has changed. Those were the best part of my life.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by omogenaija(f): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2007
i had a 3.9 as of last semseter
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2007
lakers:

Repin University of Maryland College Park

I had 1.85 first semester freshman year, it was so much fun and freedom. But all that has changed. Those were the best part of my life.
Freshman year was the best cheesy cheesy cheesy i had too much fun that enjoyment it's self was begging me to stop but i still kept my grade up oh.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2007
omogenaija:

i had a 3.9 as of last semseter
That is great am so happy for you cheesy cheesy cheesy i wish to bring my up to from 3.0 - 3.5 by next fall becos i need it but i know it's really gonna be tough cry cry cry no more parties since it's my last year
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by omogenaija(f): 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ omo eko
i was happy for myself , but this semester i've been 4getful and had a lil to much fun undecided
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by lakers: 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2007
omo eko you dont understand College was the first time i didnt have curfew, i had girls in my room till anytime they felt like leaving, basically it was my first real exposure to the real world.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:43pm On Jun 01, 2007
don't worry at least you still kept your GPA up cheesy cheesy. btw what year are you in
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by omogenaija(f): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2007
10th grade
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:46pm On Jun 01, 2007
lakers:

omo eko you don't understand College was the first time i didnt have curfew, i had girls in my room till anytime they felt like leaving, basically it was my first real exposure to the real world.
Thank my sweet mother because there was nothing called curfew when i was in highschool and i do attend over night parties but mama was easy on moi cheesy cheesy.

Na wa o but i hope u have limit all your enjoment sha wink grin grin, humm different girls every night lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
omogenaija:

10th grade
oh really i see why u were able to get that GPA but you can do better than that my sista wink wink. but plz put more effort into it and try to have at least a 3.8 cheesy cheesy.
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by omogenaija(f): 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2007
i will , but i got to have fun as well grin omo jayejaye ni mi
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by lakers: 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2007
My advice learn how to balance both out. Dont take one to the extreme and leave the other (studies and Fun )
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by OmoEko1(f): 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2007
Abeg stop your jayejaye after getting your education you can now do that, but always remember education is best legacy anyone can ever offer to you. so my sista slow your roll wink
Re: Students: What's Your GPA? by omogenaija(f): 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2007
thanks for the advice kiss, i will do my best from now on smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

JAMB Makes N1.3 Billion In One Week, Suspends 9 CBT Centres Over Illegal Activit / How To Get 2019 JAMB Epin For Registration / Protest In OAU Over Lack Of Light And Water For Days (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.