Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,137 members, 7,907,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Ballon D'or: It Was A Surprise Gift To My Son, Says Messi's Mum - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'or: It Was A Surprise Gift To My Son, Says Messi's Mum (250 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Gary Lineker Said C Ronaldo Refused To Talk To Him Cos He Says Messi Is The GOAT / 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ballon D'or: It Was A Surprise Gift To My Son, Says Messi's Mum by Tenny93: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2019
Lionel Messi's mother Celia has said the Barcelona player expected Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk to win the 2019 Ballon d'Or.

Messi beat Virgil van Dijk to the 2019 Ballon d'Or by just seven votes to claim a record sixth award, one more than rival Cristiano Ronaldo who finished third.

In an interview with CNN radio, Messi's mother said: "I am very happy. We were not expecting this.

"We thought the fifth had been the last. Honestly, this was a beautiful surprise. He (Messi) did not expect it either.

"I do not know if he found out minutes before, I do not know, but we did not know anything."

Read Also:Billionaire plans to reunite Guardiola, Messi at top European club

Messi scored 51 goals for Barcelona last season and won La Liga, while Van Dijk spearheaded Liverpool's charge to their sixth Champions League title.

https://sportinglife.ng/ballon-dor-it-was-a-surprise-gift-to-my-son-says-messis-mum/

(1) (Reply)

Slovenian Club Fires Nigerian Player For Impregnating President / Finally Artefacts Becomes The Head Coach Of Arsenal / "Rohr Has To Stay In Nigeria To Get Contract Renewal"...pinnick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.