Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,819 members, 7,969,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:13 AM

'just Friends' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'just Friends' (1629 Views)

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'just Friends' by iice(f): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
jay bee:

I ain't an exception afterall. We've done it before is just an excuse to tasting the forbidding fruit again.
If you know it's going to bring back memories and all the rubbish emotional garbage then be strong and say bleep No to it.
It works for me.

Exactumundo!
Besides. . .like drinks. . .if you take one too many you wake up with a nasty hangover. Better to take it in moderation grin
Re: 'just Friends' by star4(f): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
Well being friends with someone includes respecting them, and how can you disrespect a friend
I guess I have yet to find an ex who respects me enough to see the whole picture and not just be in the moment for their own selfish reasons.
hmmmm  

Jay! ok you may not be an exception but you are one of the better ones wink
Re: 'just Friends' by potency: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
Odunnu:

As a matter of fact,I have more male friends than females (I dont even have any female friend). Some of the guys everly would want to 'chop oga's food' and when I notice stuff like ths,I run. I for one would never date any guy my bf knows,I would (God help me) never date any guy who has introduced his gurl to me either.But all the same,I know guys who wont misbehave and keep friends as friends
This Odunnu,u too dey claim. People like u are always worse. U always see urself as ms know all and ms perfect. I so mubh hate ur type of person.,pretenders. U knw am stil watchin u.
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2010
star*:

Well being friends with someone includes[b] respecting them[/b], and how can you disrespect a friend
I guess I have yet to find an ex who respects me enough to see the whole picture and not just be in the moment for their own selfish reasons.
hmmmm

Jay! ok you may not be an exception but you are one of the better ones wink
Now dats what i'm talking about cool
Re: 'just Friends' by 190: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
potency:

This Odunnu,u too dey claim. People like u are always worse. U always see urself as ms know all and ms perfect. I so mubh hate your type of person.,pretenders. U knw am stil watchin u.

ROTFLMFAO

so now its odunnu

madueleke!! grin grin
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2010
LMAO @potency.
Re: 'just Friends' by potency: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
Odunnu:

LMAO @potency.
Are u sure u knw d full meanin of dt abrev or u wrote cuz pple write?
Re: 'just Friends' by abioila(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
potency:

Are u sure u knw d full meanin of dt abrev or u wrote cuz pple write?
rodflmao!hand faln of d highest order
Re: 'just Friends' by 190: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^^

Oh my!!
Re: 'just Friends' by Odunnu: 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2010
Chei! I don suffer for ths NL!
Re: 'just Friends' by kay177(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
no1madman:

I got a whole lotta female friends but a good number want more than friends. . .

Sorry if you are the wowo type we can be friends at a distance== Since the chemistry will not be there to cause any reaction== But if you are gorgeous we can be friends== but the chemistry and the chemical reaction in me would demand more than friendship from such lady==Moreso, my life style doesnt allow me to be ordinary friends to a gorgeous lady wink wink smiley
Re: 'just Friends' by Ifedisky(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
well,i have a band of very wacky female friends that i hang out with if i want to get in touch wiv my reality. so far, they remain just friends and i think it will devalue the parole if we take it beyond that level
Re: 'just Friends' by Dsense(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
Op,
It's very tough but possible . . . , Depends on maturity . . , ma friends re mostly female and we've been on it for so long while no string included!
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2010
jay bee:

Coming to visit me whilst wearing revealing things
Getting all touchy/flirty with me
Sending me signals that she needs a good sleep with

Do u mean to say u wud get down wih any and every girl dat does the above??  undecided

jay bee:

If you agree with me that Men don't view sleeping-with as a big thing then you will understand where we r coming from.
The only people above sleeping-with are relatives and any other person is indeed shagable unless we have mutual respect and don't put ourselves in undermining positions.

Yeh true say these days u lot jus do it 4 doin it sake innit  tongue Like it builds self-esteem or something  cheesy grin
Re: 'just Friends' by jaybee3(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
chi-baby:

Do u mean to say u wud get down wih any and every girl dat does the above?? undecided
YES if i'm sexually attracted to the person in question

chi-baby:

Yeh true say these days u lot jus do it 4 doin it sake innit tongue Like it builds self-esteem or something cheesy grin
That applies to babies not grown ups. No big deal being sexually involved with someone. It's the norm so hmmmmmm
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
indie22:

I have a couple of strictly platonic male friends, that I hang out with sometimes, although we are "just friends" I'm almost sure if given a wee opportunity, they won't hesitate to take thing up a notch,

You have to actually like someone for you to want to hang out with them, so the whole "just friends" thing, actually involves some self control and "played down" emotions

Fair enof but any guy i see as we 'just friends', i dnt think being put in any situaion wud make me wanna do something i wudnt normally do. It jus neva comes into my mind and i find it wierd u hve to need self control   I've actually bn in a situaion lyk dat. u knw wen u hve a lil trust in a guy and u invite them ova and they flop?  sad It jus makes u think is it only in books u cn get male and female buddies?   undecided
Re: 'just Friends' by emmatok(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Well,

My husband doesn't want to be around any of my male friends and I don't care, I am not losing my good male friends because my husband got some MACHONESS he dealing with, SCREW THAT!

IF YOU HAVE GOOD MALE FRIENDS LADIES, HOLD ON TO THEM, THEY ARE VALUABLE TRUST ME!

Damn!  It seems that you deliberately making you hubby jealous by seeing those men.

At least show him a little respect. Marriages this days dey make man fear o .
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
Odunnu:

As a matter of fact,I have more male friends than females (I dont even have any female friend). Some of the guys everly would want to 'chop oga's food' and when I notice stuff like ths,I run. I for one would never date any guy my bf knows,I would (God help me) never date any guy who has introduced his gurl to me either.But all the same,I know guys who wont misbehave and keep friends as friends

Same here but alla dem hve hidden agendas sad sad But on the other hand really helpful and great guyz.
If only i cn split maself into 10 then maybe dat wud do  grin

star*:

I get on with men better than women its always been that way. So yes its possible, I have to find the guy attractive before I sleep with him, so I do have self control lol!  cool

It's not about getting on with guys is about ur friendship stayin at jus friends level.
They neva try to cross boundaries with u??  undecided

star*:

However you can NEVER be just friends with someone you have slept with even just once cause there is always the,  well we done it before we can do it again mentality.

That is true to an exent and the probabilities of u being jus friends are very low cuz once u've bn dwn dat road awready, therez nothing difficult anymore when u in a certain situation.
Re: 'just Friends' by chibaby5(f): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
D-sense:

Op,
It's very tough but possible . . . , Depends on maturity . . , ma friends re mostly female and we've been on it for so long while no string included!

Wow u must be one of a kind then cool

jay bee:

YES if i'm sexually attracted to the person in question

Meanin u are actually sexually attracted to all ur female friends then since u sed u wundnt reject if they made an offer

jay bee:

That applies to babies not grown ups. No big deal being sexually involved with someone. It's the norm so hmmmmmm

I'll have u knw many grow-ups hve the mentality of babies is shocking. But yeh i still get u cool
Re: 'just Friends' by MrsEve1: 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2010
emmatok:

Damn!  It seems that you deliberately making you hubby jealous by seeing those men.

At least show him a little respect. Marriages this days dey make man fear o .

Excuse me emmatok seeing that you don't know me imma let that slide, first of all just because I am married does not mean I have to get rid of my male friends and most of my male friends are guys I grew up with and they are like brothers to me. I don't indulge in incest like some PEOPLE do and I will never look at them in that manner so my husband does not have ANYTHING TO FEAR NOR BE JEALOUS about.

What having male friends have to do with being disrespectful? My husband have female friends and believe me when the sun set he is in bed with me so I don't trip and neither should he.

I would check your ego and self esteem bruh, YOUR NOSE BLEEDING,
Re: 'just Friends' by tablo: 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
it not possible i only make friend when she is attracted to me and only end up platonic if she reject the offer but watch closely for my tyme and oppurtuinty to take my turn
Re: 'just Friends' by harakiri(m): 1:14pm On Nov 26, 2010
People just love deluding themselves all the time (especially the ladies). There are some so called "liberated and secure" ladies who claim they see nothing wrong in keeping male "friends" but the same ladies would go into an epileptic fit if they came into their bf's house and saw him with 4 different female "friends" of couped up on the sofa and laughing their arses off or better yet, all 4 ladies in a swimming pool with him being the only male.You really need to see how their eyes light up with rage! ! !

Liberated and secure women my dirty black A.R.S.E ! ! !
Re: 'just Friends' by buttkick: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
the only female freinds i have had and still keep, strictly on platonic levels are those i got to through an old flame. the fact that we know here we came from keeps it that way. my best platonic female freind whom i got to be friends with while chiking her friend is there for me today as best friends. we talk about anything and i can comfortably be in my apartment with her for days and i tell you this truth, no bleeping not even the thought. the fact is that im her advisor and she is mine. no judgements as per what our propencities and we are good with it. its didfficult to be just friends when i had set out for more than that so i dont fool myself in playing that game. at the end of the day they are now the ones who want further.
Re: 'just Friends' by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2010
I feel we all have things we are secured about and things we fear. . .
But perhaps there's always an imbalance of interest,
if you see your male friends as brothaz who's to say they all see you as a 'SISTER'

well as long as we can't see our own thoughts we should know the ones to WEED out once we get married. . .
Re: 'just Friends' by deniyor: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2010
not really

(1) (2) (Reply)

To some women, Let's Stop Scaring The Men / Hey Ladies, Check Out This Bra! / Can I Still Trust Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.