Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,025 members, 7,939,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz (617 Views)

Jose Mourinho Supports Anthony Joshua Against Andy Ruiz Jr / Anthony Joshua Arrives Saudi Arabia Ahead Of Rematch Against Andy Ruiz Jr (Photo / Anthony Joshua And Sister, Janet Joshua On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by Rickyrick: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world, Deontay Wilder attacked Anthony Joshua over his "weak winning mentality" after his win against Andy Ruiz on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia to reclaim his four heavyweight title. Joshua won the fight with points and his strategy during the fight was moving around the ring to avoid getting a knock out punch from Ruiz.

Wilder attacked the Joshua's tactics saying if he was the one that Ruiz had knocked out in the first fight, he would have put Ruiz's body on the ground. He also warned fans not to get their hopes up of a Joshua- Wilder rematch. He said:

Joshua did what he had to do to get the win. He ran around the ring and was on his bike all day,“Basically, he had Klitschko in the camp and he was a lot like Klitschko. That jab-grab-hold method. That’s all he did tonight.

You want to dominate guys, man. Maybe I’m just too rough, too hard-core and too much of a dream for this time and era, maybe the world wants that nice s***.

My mentality is so different from these other fighters. But when I think of myself as a champion, you want to come out there and whoop his ass.

I’m not coming in, after losing to this guy, to just dance and grab and jab and hold. I’m going to show the world and convince them I am the very best and that no one is close to me.

How can no-one say I’m not the very best in the world now?”"I’ve given you what you pay for each and every time, especially when we’re talking about a heavyweight bout.

Fans come to see knockouts. They come to see something dramatic, a body lying on the canvas, spread like it’s having birth. That’s what people want to see, and that’s my mentality.

Joshua had many times he could’ve gone for the finish after he landed the right hand. When you land the right hand, you’ve tackled the distance. When you land that punch, you know you’re in exact position for the second time around. But he was so hesitant… Joshua’s mentality was to survive. The Klitschko method.

The difference is my mentality is that of a beast, a warrior, a king, an emperor, all those things. If he calls himself a king, he’s just on the nicer side of it. This is a brutal sport and that’s how I treat it. I ain’t showing no love for anybody in that ring.

After beating Ruiz, Joshua announced that he will like to face Wilder but Wilder said:

I don’t think we’ll ever see a unification bout. We’ll never see it, and I don’t want people to get their hopes up on it because it’ll never happen.

They couldn’t say anything about fighting me. They couldn’t mention my name. They went around me. I’m too dangerous. You’ve seen what I do in the ring. I don’t play around. And they know if Ruiz can get Joshua out of there, imagine. That’s why they stayed away from me.

Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2019/12/08/deontay-wilder-speaks-against-anthony-joshuas-win-to-andy-ruiz/

Re: Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by ghettokid1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
HIS HATE FOR JOSHUA CONTINUES!.
he wanted to beat ruiz and collect the titles if he had won.
Likes for joshua joor

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Mr, go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by seemegold: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wilder, please leave Joshua alone o. He follows the right approach this time.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by seunmsg(m): 2:28am On Dec 09, 2019
Sorry Wilder, you will never get to Joshua’s level. It’s so good to see you are really pained that Joshua’s team didn’t mention you at all after the fight. Why should they give you free publicity?

If you want to get to Joshua’s level, start by beating Fury, the only real boxer you’ve fought in your entire career and stop fighting bums to add up your numbers.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Slams Anthony Joshua On His Win Against Andy Ruiz by meobizy(f): 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Old age has chased the Klitschko brothers out of the ring so now these small boys can make noise.

He also warned fans not to get their hopes up of a Joshua- Wilder rematch
When did they have a match talk less of a rematch?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! Kanu Nwankwo Loses Daughter / Inequality: World Champion USA Female Team Lost 5-2 To Boys U15 Academy Team / Olga Allegra Celebrates Mikel Obi's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.