Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:31 AM

Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys (51493 Views)

Official Manchester City Fan Thread: 9 times EPL Champions, 4 Times in a row / Arsenal Vs Tottenham 3-1 Epl 2021-22 Nigerian Arsenal Fans Reactions / Arsenal Fans Protesting Against Stan Kroenke (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by garetz: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
Ozil is right
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by runningriot: 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
So no one dares Kama! what goes around comes around! I never knew Muslims could be so pathetic and cry like feeding bottle babies! I thought the will never feel the pains the inflate on others minority religion especially CHRISTIANS in their DOMINATED areas treating them like slaves and second class citizens. This is the beginning! CHRISTIANS have not begun you will see hell. person wet talk say him mama no go sleep him no go sleep.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Deejaygold(m): 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kestolove:
China must be stupid, thank God am not using any of dia fake product

And who told yºu they're fake?
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Omoslim26: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
EazyMoh:

This is what exactly Hitler did to the Jews and the whole world condemned and is still condemning it. But if the victims are Muslims the world is okay with it...

And When it's Christians in Iraq Iran Saudi Arabia

will the same Ozil speak up ?

the country says they do not want religion

besides what Ozil did is no good for the Public image of the Club he gets his daily bread from
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by webngnews: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Sanchez01: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
abbey621:

[s]You lack the proper information to discuss this topic. What do you mean Chinese peiople don't believe in religion? You can say they don't believe in God but they certainly believe in religion. Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism are all beliefs practiced by the peopel of China.[/s] Chinese people have believed in their gods/ancestors fro thousands of years, in fact there are laws in China protecting these ancestrial beliefs. This is not about Christianity or Islam, it is whether government has the right to dictate what beliefs/religion someone practices. For lame men like yourselves, you see nothing wrong in persucution but for people who see the bigger picture, there is no difference in those fighting ridiculous jihad and what is going on in China right now.
Buddhism, Taosim and Confucianism ARE NOT RELIGIONS BUT PHILOSOPHIES and ETHICAL PHILOSOPHIES! I wonder what you guys read!

Chinese are highly cultural, historical and superstitious. Yes, there's an aspect of lesser gods to them and they believe in certain central gods albeit not the way Islam and Christianity see it.

You guys all come out like rabid dogs because Islam is involved whereas you all acted as mutes when Southern Kaduna was constantly purged just because the section are Christians! I didn't see your wretched handle coming out then to mention right to religious associations. I didn't see you come out when a female Evangelist was beheaded in the same Northern Nigeria.

I don't do religion but bulk of the problems of the world today is caused by the fundamentalism and mindset of Muslims. Maybe you can enlighten me on what apostasy is all about. Come on here to talk about right to association. Dumb fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Zeezxo(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kholar211:
God bless China for having the balls to terminate these "Allah akbar" ppl that knows no boundary. Religion of peace ass

Ozil best face his football career
You are the most educated f**l have ever seen who told you that they are only killing the Muslims. You only jumb to trend and vomit Rubbish.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by abbey621(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Buddhism, Taosim and Confucianism ARE NOT RELIGIONS BUT PHILOSOPHIES and ETHICAL PHILOSOPHIES! I wonder what you guys read!

Chinese are highly cultural, historical and superstitious. Yes, there's an aspect of lesser gods to them and they believe in certain central gods albeit not the way Islam and Christianity see it.

You guys all come out like rabid dogs because Islam is involved whereas you all acted as mutes when Southern Kaduna was constantly purged just because the section are Christians! I didn't see your wretched handle coming out then to mention right to religious associations. I didn't see you come out when a female Evangelist was beheaded in the same Northern Nigeria.

I don't do religion but [b]bulk of the problems of the world today is caused by the fundamentalism and mindset of Muslims. [/b]Maybe you can enlighten me on what apostasy is all about. Come on here to talk about right to association. Dumb fellow.

The bolded is all I need to know about you, the fact that you think one religion is responsible for the chaos we live in today is pathetic. You argue without facts and when called out you repeat the same BS! DEFINE RELIGION? Is it not a set of beliefs? Is it not believing in something or someone with a higher purpose? Ogun worshippers, Sango worshippers, are they not practicing their own form of religion? Before you spew garbage and start generalizing everyone with your nonsense hatred kindly check your statements and make sure that they are FACTUAL! Any Muslim that does not call out Boko Haram or Killer herdsmen is not a true muslim, I'm not one to hide behind rubbish, if you think the problem with the North is just religion then you are a novice and not worthy of an intellectual conversation. Try education, try reducing poverty, try removing political agendas and see if things don't get better but I guess it is easier to be a sheep & shout RELIGION!

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Awe4luv(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
ksbusari:

May the anger of Almighty Allah be upon your family if you have seen, met or received anything kind gesture from a Muslim. May the Anger of Allah rain on your family if a Muslim has never hurt you in person .
do u really have to curse him and his family to make your point known?
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Awe4luv(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pointguardusa:

Years ago protests erupted in the provinces of minority muslims and 200 innocent han chinese were killed. Since then the govt has feared that if they are let go they could become terrorists.

Why do you think Myanmar and India do what they do?

Let peace just reign.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by chewwie(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
But Uighur Muslims are being put in indoctrination camps in China, aren't they? Even fake news CNN did extensive investigations into it. Thanks Özil for speaking up! The Chinese citizens should stop supporting their evil communist government!
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by madjune(m): 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

What do you know about what the Chinese are doing? Do some research and hear both sides. I know in Niggeria protection of the citizens is not given priority. The chinese wont bend over because some people feel they are above the law

I don't know what I'm talking about. Right?
Before i start spewing facts, better check yourself.

What do you know about the Xinjiang prison camps full of native muslim Uighurs wrongly captured and imprisoned to be brainwashed because of their religious beliefs?
This was widely covered by the BBC in 2017 when Zhu Hailun started this rubbish and it still hasn't stopped.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by madjune(m): 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
Bruzlinxy:

You don't know what you are saying... Go and read the whole story before you post jargons... Ozil reacted too fast to a fake post about China against urighur moslems. He should have validated the post as a public figure before commenting...which China invited ozil to come and see for himself that it is fake
Next time understand something before it.....
Don't be a fanatic... Pls

I don't know what I'm talking about?
You need to do some wide reading.
Check the BBC podcasts, read up or listen to the Chinese treatment of the muslim Uighurs in recent times.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by FloxySmart(f): 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Bigotry because they don't want Islam and religion of any sort in their country? We know how well countries with Islamic activities are faring in the world all over.

Let's not sugarcoat things at this point.

It’s disturbing to know that a youth can actually be in his right thinking mind and type this! Nothing can justify murder. Nothing!
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Jaqenhghar: 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
madjune:

I don't know what I'm talking about. Right?
Before i start spewing facts, better check yourself.

What do you know about the Xinjiang prison camps full of native muslim Uighurs wrongly captured and imprisoned to be brainwashed because of their religious beliefs?
This was widely covered by the BBC in 2017 when Zhu Hailun started this rubbish and it still hasn't stopped.
What facts? Your feel good stories? There is a saying dont start nothing aint gonna be nothing. Nobody wakes up and starts rounding them up into reorientation camps. There were reports of some of them having terrorist links and a few reported terrroist attacks which your beloved BBC (Apologists for islamic extremism) fail to report. According to you guus the Chinese govt is supposed to turn a blind eye and do nothing shey.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by madjune(m): 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

What facts? Your feel good stories? There is a saying dont start nothing aint gonna be nothing. Nobody wakes up and starts rounding them up into reorientation camps. There were reports of some of them having terrorist links and a few reported terrroist attacks which your beloved BBC (Apologists for islamic extremism) fail to report. According to you guus the Chinese govt is supposed to turn a blind eye and do nothing shey.

Some of them having terrorist links. Right?

Does that justify the ongoing incarceration of thousands?
Can a thousand people have terrorist link at the same time?
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Damod88: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
hotwax:
China, the muslim world power who can take than the USA happened to be anti-islam...lolz...very gud.

FYI Russia also hate Islam... USA even gave muslims freedom, yet they still hate USA...bunch of looooosers

China doesn't hate any religion. In fact what China is against is religious extremism as seen in the world today. Islam has been part of Chinese identity for at least one thousand year. The Uighur ethnic group in Xinjiang autonomous region of China are not the only Muslims in China. China has several minority ethnic groups who are Muslims such as the Hui Chinese, the Kazaks and others. Ever since the conquest of the area now known as Xinjiang in Chinese by the Qing dynasty , the Uighurs ,Who are the largest ethnic group in the area, has been fighting for independence from China. The independent struggle has taken a religious dimension with terrorists, largely supported by America and Turkey, waging religious attacks in major cities in Xinjiang, and even in Beijing's Tia'namen square and in Kumming Airport. After these barbaric attacks ,the Chinese government has began to prioritize security in Xinjiang by tackling the root causes of extremism and violence. The Western governments which have been bombing and killings millions of Muslims in Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and in Yemen are now calling the Chinese government's measures to safeguard its territory from extremism human rights violations ,just because they are looking for a way to undermine China's rapid economic development which defies all their economic theories. For your information, Islam has been existing in China for over a thousand year before the Americas was discovered. In the northern Song dynasty, Muslims from the Middle East and Africa settled in the song dynasty capital, known then as Chang'an, but known today as Xi'an. There is a popular quarter in Xi'an known as the Muslim quarter with vibrant Muslim cultures such as food. There are mosques over 600 years old in China, so it is false to say China is against Islam.Although the Chinese government is essentially atheist, but it still tolerate religions in as much as such religions do not threaten the existence of the Chinese state.What China is against is religious extremism and saparatism. China never experienced religious war witnessed in Europe and the Middle East, as all religions in china coexisted harmoniously. So it will be foolish of anybody who does not know the history of China to say China is against Islam.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

If the uighrs accommodate terrorist elements and show sympathy for ISIS then I feel the governemnt of China should try an address the situation. Besides last time I checked the Chinese have issies with Christians as well

And who told you they accommodate "terrorist elements"? There are many predominantly Muslim countries across Eurasia. How many of them "accommodate terrorist elements"? So over 1 million people held in those camps are terrorists, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
ernieboy:
hypocrites, don't Muslims in Muslim dominated countries oppress people of other fate in the same manner?

So who have Uighur Muslims been oppressing? For people like you, everything is about Christian vs Muslim (I'm not even a Muslim) - not understanding that it will be the turn of Christians tomorrow just as China have done to Uighurs or Tibetans.. And infact, China has been known to suppress their Christian communities and demolish their churches.

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by gnykelly(m): 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kestolove:
China must be stupid, thank God am not using any of dia fake product

don't you have an iPhone or any electronic device
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Damod88: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=chewwie post=84969322]But Uighur Muslims are being put in indoctrination camps in China, aren't they? Even fake news CNN did extensive investigations into it. Thanks Özil for speaking up! The Chinese citizens should stop supporting their evil communist government! [/quote

But the same CNN supported Bush claim that Iraqi government possessed weapons of mass destruction which led to the Iraqi war with Millions of innocent Muslims being killed. They are also supporting the largest open prison in the world which is Gaza, in Palestine ,with Isreali bombs raining on the helpless Gazans. Reasonable Muslims understand the American hypocrisy as regards what is happening in China. The West is not supporting Muslims out of their love for Muslims but because of their geo-political rivalry with china.China influence and clout has grown so fast that the Americans are looking for ways to undermine China. If there is any country who fights Islam from the perspective of Christian crusade, it is America.China is not a Christian country, so how on earth do you think China is fighting Islam?
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Jonny223: 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Damod88: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nigerian youths are commenting on an issue they have no knowledge of.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by ABCthingx: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
EazyMoh:

This is what exactly Hitler did to the Jews and the whole world condemned and is still condemning it. But if the victims are Muslims the world is okay with it...
The Christians are also suffering be guided.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Damod88: 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
abbey621:

So because you don't want a religion, you kill or persecute those who practice it, how is this diferent from jihadists? A wise man once said, evil doers are not the problem, the problem is when good people sympatize or rationalize those evil deeds!

Continue to be deceived by Western propaganda. Have you been to China? The Chinese you condemn as being anti-Islam are the ones pushing for a two state solution in Palestine, something the Americans do no want to see happen. It is very easy to fool unenlightened people than enlightened ones as the majority of the world population is unenlightened.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Tanate: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
To be thoughtful is always very difficult, but we forget that what we achieved in this world without remembering word of Allah( swt) of people oppressed on daily basis for unjust. As believer you have to speak against it or condemn in it entireties. The man has free himself.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
Typical of ozil to cause a political storm once there's focus on his poor footballing output.
Good thing the Germans put him in his place then.
I hope everyone sees the kind of snake he is now
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by abbey621(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
Damod88:

Continue to be deceived by Western propaganda. Have you been to China? The Chinese you condemn as being anti-Islam are the ones pushing for a two state solution in Palestine, something the Americans do no want to see happen. It is very easy to fool unenlightened people than enlightened ones as the majority of the world population is unenlightened.

It's people like you that makes the government think they have to police socia media. Yes I've been to China and Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. Yes I'm aware of Western propaganda but have you met a man whose entire family was killed because of religion? Have you read the stories of hundreds of people who fled religious crack down in China? Before you come at m,e, I'll suggest you actually know what the f*ck you're talking about!
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Khaleell001(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
Enzorazor:
According to theguardian, a US Newspaper, Chinese football fans have burned Arsenal football shirts and called on the club to fire star player Mesut Ozil after he publicly criticised China’s treatment of Muslims in Xinjiang.

To hell with them. how you go beat pikin and tell make e no cry.

Rubbish!
If we were real in this world, we should even avoid anything Chinese until they start acting like humans.
Nonsense and sars

On Friday, Özil, who is usually quiet on social media, posted a message on his Instagram profile describing Uighurs in the far north-western region of China as “warriors who resist persecution”.

Posting the words against the backdrop of the flag of the short-lived East Turkestan republic, an area that is now Chinese-controlled Xinjiang, he wrote: “[In China] Qurans are burned, mosques were closed down, Islamic theological schools, madrasas were banned, religious scholars were killed one by one. Despite all this, Muslims stay quiet.”

His comments have prompted a wave of anger in a country where Arsenal is hugely popular. Özil, who has more than 4 million followers on the Chinese microblog Weibo, is affectionately known as “272”, numbers that when pronounced sound like his name.

“Do you know how Arsenal fans in China have spent the last two days?” one former fan posted on his Instagram profile. “They are struggling to understand how the club and idol they once loved has turned out to be a rumourmonger. Of course, if you intend to attack China, you are as insignificant in our hearts as dirty ants.”

Another said: “As a Chinese football fan, I’m very disappointed. Why can’t you just focus on playing football? As a public figure, you should know what you can say, what you can do and be aware of the consequences.”

On Weibo, a fan posted a video of football shirts bearing Özil’s previous numbers lit on fire. Others said they too planned to burn their shirts, while some said they planned to trash theirs. Some posted photos of Arsenal shirts or Özil’s jersey and wrote: “How disappointing.”

Attempts over the weekend by Arsenal to distance itself from Özil’s comments failed to calm the situation, as fans said the midfielder should be fired. Several Chinese football fan sites have said they will stop posting news related to Özil, according to the Shanghai-based publication The Paper. A Chinese football simulation game said it would no longer produce Özil player roles or cards.

The footballer’s comments and use of the national flag of East Turkestan, now used by independence activists, have triggered condemnation from the Chinese state, underlining the possibility that the club or the Premier League could be punished in the same way the NBA and the Houston Rockets over general manager Daryl Morey’s support of anti-government protests in Hong Kong.

Censors blurred out images of the flag in Özil’s post while the state broadcasters CNN canceled a broadcast on Sunday of Arsenal’s Premier League game against Manchester City. State media have criticised Özil’s comments as “disappointing”. The Chinese Football Association told local media it was “outraged and disappointed”.

In a comment that has since been deleted, the editor of the Global Times, Hu Xijin, accused the footballer of essentially calling for global jihad against China. Asking Özil to provide examples of his allegations, Hu wrote: “This man is full of nonsense. Does he just want to encourage global jihad, using Xinjiang as an excuse?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/16/mesut-ozil-row-chinas-arsenal-fans-burn-shirts-in-anger-at-xinjiang-post
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Khaleell001(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
NORSIYK:
OZIL is a modafucka, where was OZIL when a Muslims dominated Bangladesh were murdering a minority Christians in Bangladesh

how?
You don't even know what you are talking about.

if you know why is happening to the uyuihrs you will bury your head in shame.
We know your bigoted dirty tactics now :the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Nonsense!
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Khaleell001(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Bigotry because they don't want Islam and religion of any sort in their country? We know how well countries with Islamic activities are faring in the world all over.

Let's not sugarcoat things at this point.

Even that, we know who causes war in those countries cGod's own country :American.
A country built under the name of Christianity and this no body is trying equate this clear broad day light persecution with what is going on in Muslim countries.
Re: Mesut Ozil Row: China Arsenal Fans Burnt Arsenal Jerseys by Khaleell001(m): 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kholar211:
God bless China for having the balls to terminate these "Allah akbar" ppl that knows no boundary. Religion of peace ass

Ozil best face his football career

I only pity Muslims who think they are friends with you.
I just pity them. They don't know they have a undiluted bigoted viper in their midst .

If yiu think killing or persecuting Muslims will bring Islām to and end?
Guess what?
Just get ready very soon God willing a member of your family will become one of us and there's absolutely nothing you can do about that when it finally happens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Ham (0 - 2) On 9th August 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona :El Clasico (0 - 3) On 23rd December 2017 / West Brom Vs Chelsea - 3 - 3 On 26th September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.