Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals (19020 Views)

Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:
If Buhari should award oil blocks you can be sure he would be awarding to companies with a track record of exploration and production.
Shutup!

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by figoperch: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I once worked in the upstream so I know E&P better than U...he can assign them oil block and they will hand it over to a Chinese IOC to explore and produce on royalty basis just like your sister Alakija is doing in Agbami with Chevron ... Do you know how much AA Rano is making from fuel imports daily as we speak ...I don't want to expose it because they will know I am privy to their inside info ... Trust me AA Rano is now a billion dollar company

You can't have such amount of vehicles on the road 24/7 and not be a billion dollar company.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by mutumina007: 9:11am On Dec 19, 2019
Akeredolu Flags-off Special Grants For Elderly, Physically Challenge In Ondo - Investment - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/5589414/akeredolu-flags-off-special-grants-elderly
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Neoteny(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I once worked in the upstream so I know E&P better than U...he can assign them oil block and they will hand it over to a Chinese IOC to explore and produce on royalty basis just like your sister Alakija is doing in Agbami with Chevron ... Do you know how much AA Rano is making from fuel imports daily as we speak ...I don't want to expose it because they will know I am privy to their inside info ... Trust me AA Rano is now a billion dollar company

I just like how every Nigerian loves using this fake statement when they know nothing, or they know nothing of significance.

Tone down the egotistical boast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Mykel51(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:
This fake activist knows what he is doing ..this is how they make their money with fake activism

Good morning bro, I sent you an email from alabiolufemi10@gmail.com, i want to make an enquiry from you.

Thanks
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Advocate500: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I am not a welder I was part of the team that did the design from conception till it was installed . We also conducted SRS on the Agbami
stop quoting that idiot with no brain, is obvious both of u are not in the same league.

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2019
PataAlhaja:
Oil blocs should belong to the state governments in which they are situated.

Why on earth should an individual be allocated an oil bloc? For wetin na?

This country sef.

Which constitution are you reading?

A good percentage of Nigeria's oil comes from deep offshore, how that is what makes states unable to function properly is a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by orunto27: 9:23am On Dec 19, 2019
Falana is Right. The NASS should stop Buhari's excesses. He is just disgracing Nigeria with this his Fulanisation idea.

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SAMTOBIJU(m): 9:26am On Dec 19, 2019
Alvin212:
Thunder fire Cowhari and his surporters.

Every afonjezzy youth from the brown roof republic

Bush tribe of Ogbomoshooooooo

Will kick the bucket via accident before the year run's up

You need mental evaluation

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by kuzee(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Just reading comments grin

Get your Projectors, Smartwatches, Shoes, WatchesEarphones et al.
visit my signature
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Masaudmuhammed: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2019
Falana you're mad

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by vertueptime: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

Will you stop that nonsense talk?

Nobody would award a backwater local company such a sensitive job to handle.

See beef
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by mfm04622: 10:12am On Dec 19, 2019
AjoAlusi:
[s][/s]
crap

We are able to know who oil blocks those oil blocks are awarded to and will be awarded to because this administration is committed to transparency.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Reference(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2019
Indeed. If a goverment cannot obey the laws that validate its mandate, who in his right mind will seek to partner with it towards development. We can all see clearly the cause of our retogression yet we have neither the intelligence nor the will to touch progress.

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by nedekid: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:
If Buhari should award oil blocks you can be sure he would be awarding to companies with a track record of exploration and production.
Hmm. Just like he has fairly distributed government appointments among all the zones right?
What's is wrong with you guys sef. Is it that you cannot see beyond your noses?
Oil blocks will be given based on a northern agender.
Stay there and be claiming "man of integrity".

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by nedekid: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

You mean you welded the reinforcement to the Citadel.

Bros how much do they pay welder there?
I hear the pepper is plenty.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by nedekid: 10:40am On Dec 19, 2019
Keemsleek005:

You right but it's not only AA Rano that into these most of the company into fuel importation does, that the subsidy fraud. All of them forge there Bill of laden with involvement of Dpr staffs. I know how many times order came from above to my office on the issue.
Can we collabo, I can write bill of laden.
I have keen interest in fuel subsidy business. This beer business I de do na wrong line bro. Oyel money is the best. grin
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Dedetwo(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2019
ijustdey:
…advises against the $29.6bn loan

Human Right lawyer, Chief Femi Falana, Wednesday, warned President Muhammadu Buhari against allotting oil blocs to individuals in the country.

Falana vowed to drag the President to court if he does otherwise.

He spoke as a guest lecturer at a Public lecture entitled: “Politics In Nigeria, Finding A Balance Between Political Interest And The Demand For Good Governance” organised by Imeri Convergence 2019.

On the proposed $29.6bn loan approval being sought by the President at the Senate, Falana said the nation would be plunged into perpetual indebtedness which generation unborn would bear part of the brunt if the Senate should approve the loan.

The nation according to him “is currently serving its debt with 50 per cent of its annual budget.
Instead of taking loans, he advised the present administration to block leakages in the system.

He, therefore, called on Nigerians to take their destiny in their hands.

On the allocation of oil blocs, the human right lawyer said “non of the beneficiaries of oil blocs in the past had the technology to explore the oil, but rather they travel abroad to look for companies they sell or lease the oil blocs to at huge amount of money.

Falana described the sharing of oil blocs as a corrupt way politicians share the wealth among themselves and their associates.

On restructuring, he said that the present administration was not interested in the issue of restructuring and that Nigerians should stop thinking President Buhari will do it.

On Sowore travails, Falana expressed worries that the present administration prefers obeying other country’s court verdicts while disobeying the ones in Nigeria.

” If you continue to disobey court orders no country will invest in this country. If you want Nigeria to work then our government must obey court orders.

He described Sowore as a victim of injustice.
Senator Bode Olajumoke charged politicians to shun politics of bitterness for the development of the nation.

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu enjoined the people to always express their grievances in a way that would not encroach the rights of others.

One of the discussants, Chief Sola Ebiseni condemned the lopsidedness in the appointment in the Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC), saying Ondo State should produce the next Managing Director of the commission.

He was, however, advised by Falana to drag the Federal Government to court , saying it’s a breach of the Act that established the Commission.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/falana-warns-buhari-against-allotting-oil-blocs-to-individuals/

This is a ranting of a dumbass fool. Does it matter now? You and forbearers fought Biafra to crown Fula as the imperial subject of One-Nigeria. It is inherently laughable to watch these jackasses whine about the spoils of the war. The only way Yari.ba can regain any form of relevance is to stand up against northern political elites in a forceful manner.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Dedetwo(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2019
PataAlhaja:
Oil blocs should belong to the state governments in which they are situated.

Why on earth should an individual be allocated an oil bloc? For wetin na?

This country sef.

You are making too much sense for Nigeria. If you do what you have prescribed, it will alter the current denotation of artificial Niger Delta. In addition the issue of Off-shore crude oil ownership, which should have belonged to all Nigerian states, must be revisited. Finally, it will really change the assumption of which section of the country is actually crude oil producer. Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Dedetwo:

You are making too much sense for Nigeria. If you do what you have prescribed, it will alter the current denotation of artificial Niger Delta. In addition the issue of Off-shore crude oil ownership, which should have belonged to all Nigerian states, must be revisited. Finally, it will really change the assumption of which section of the country is actually crude oil producer. Nigeria is a joke.

Even as a Deltan I find the offshore crude oil ownership you want to lay claim to as ridiculous.

How does oil found several nautical miles off your coast prevent you from bettering yourself?

Some oilfields, travelling at several knots would take you 36 hours from shore to reach, so please tell us how it prevents states or individuals from meeting their daily objectives.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by AmuDike1: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

Even as a Deltan I find the offshore crude oil ownership you want to lay claim to as ridiculous.

How does oil found several nautical miles off your coast prevent you from bettering yourself?

Some oilfields, travelling at several knots would take you 36 hours from shore to reach, so please tell us how it prevents states or individuals from meeting their daily objectives.
[/s]
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by bakescos01: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2019
okorotalkative:
Lack of education dey worry us.

Nigerians that have exchanged dia destiny for social media and internet bundle.

Spot on.. A lot of us have been distracted by social media and unrelevant issues and we don't pay attention to the news and issues that determine our future and that of our children.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Dansarai: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Pls let us shine our eyes woo,we shouldn't let our religion,region,tribe and political sentiments kill our country's future woo...let face reality woo...He who dey nake no go chunk hand 4 pocket woo...hmmm
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2019
What a country
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Qoko: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Dear Seun, This is to inform you that one of your client you advertised for has refused to pick my calls since 10am yesterday after I have made payment into his acct for SME Data. I am happy he trade in the name of 'Data link' in ECO bank acct 810 435 9535 with phone number 09017925805. Kindly contact him before I make a report which might be escalated beyond his expectations. KOLAWOLE 08132213313

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by AfroKnight: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
He said he will take Buhari to court if he does so. Lol, that's like a joke

You should read more.

The right to protest without police permit was won for you by Falana. Such Court cases are often used to establish precedence for situations where the government tries to exploit what it thinks is a lacuna in any law. The importance of Femi Falana’s advocacy cannot be downplayed.

He is an old man now. When he is gone I hope we won’t be left with the likes of you posturing as human rights activists.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State / Jonathan Will Handover On 29 May – FG / Wike Receives Top Military Chiefs In Port-Harcourt. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.