Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,890 members, 7,879,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? (7723 Views)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? / After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
Mai Suya:

we may never no what actually transpired, if the numerous inconsistencies are anything to go by. the prevarications by SNG have not helped matters either.

like all other similar incidents, i[b]ts time to sweep it under the carpet the move on. . .to the next whistle blowing episode [/b] undecided

WOW !!! What a move. By the way, what are the inconsistencies you have noticed? I ask because, rather than actually asking the right questions, many have been asking some rather silly questions of all this, and quickly dismissing the whole on that.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by safariman(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
The bribe/egunje/transport fee should have been paid in the new Naira notes, why dollars?
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kgdavid(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2010
going by everything i have read so far it is clear that since tony uranta, who has been acused of following them to the hotel, has since been qouted as denying involvement and since sng is saying the offer was made and turned down at the villa, the hotel part of this story in all liklihood did not occur. i fail to understand wat scene would have been created had they refused to collect the money in the car park if indeed that part of the story did occur. if they could turn the money down in their hotel rom without any incident then wat incident would have been created by saying no to orubebe while at the parking lot? would he have attacked them for refusal or would they have entered into a war of words?? that part of the story is highly dubious.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2010
Kgdavid:

going by everything i have read so far it is clear that since tony uranta, who has been acused of following them to the hotel, has since been qouted as denying involvement and since sng is saying the offer was made and turned down at the villa, the hotel part of this story in all liklihood did not occur. i fail to understand wat scene would have been created had they refused to collect the money in the car park if indeed that part of the story did occur. if they could turn the money down in their hotel rom without any incident then wat incident would have been created by saying no to orubebe while at the parking lot? would he have attacked them for refusal or would they have entered into a war of words?? that part of the story is highly dubious.

There is the BIG problem with your conclusion there. So far, the main source of the reports of the Bribery is SaharaReporters. If SaharaReporters, which claims to have actually spoken to Pastor Bakare and his colleague, has the story with the details, don't you think you ought to ask why other media houses, that claim their story is also based on SaharaReporters version, have it different?

I know people tend to be over-sentimental   but I think it is safe to conclude that many of you are old enough to know to ask the right questions. Not silly questions like "who counted the money?/ How did they know it was $50,0000 Or When the report said they were going how come other reports says they were leaving the president?". These are just some very silly questions that even 5 year olds would not even think to ask.

Listen to the audio

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560700.32.html
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kgdavid(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
my speakers are busted so cant really listen, did the other sources actually say they got their info from saharareporters? i have not been following much furhter than wat i read in this thread
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
You need to read all the initial reports from November 28th to the 29th. Most all the newspaper reports that contained details of the event, referenced an online publication as the source of their information.

http://news.google.com/news/more?q=Pastor+Bakare&hl=en&prmd=ivn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dBcaMospo1fWW-MZoluspm7SIbZBM&ei=kev3TIjUD8OBlAfZgsGLAg&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=2&ved=0CDoQqgIwAQ
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by SapeleGuy: 3:05am On Dec 03, 2010
A bribe by every other name is still a bribe.
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Beaf: 3:33am On Dec 03, 2010
Kgdavid:

Tell me my broda! Would soldiers, SS and guard dogs have launched an attack? Would Orubebe have unleashed uppercuts?

The stories are too many and too different, especially as they are all from a single source, the SNG. Like you pointed out, their stories don't even make sense. How does rejecting money create a scene (why didn't offering it create a scene)? Why did they have to take the money to their hotel and count it?
To my mind, what we are seeing from the SNG is a spooked reaction from being caught playing dirty games. Odumakin specifically mentioned that he thought govt was "playing dirty" by informing the press. Now, why would he think that? Million dollar question!
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2010
Kgdavid:

why should anybody be surprised by urantas denials?

nigerians are the most blase, in your face liars when they are caught.

have we forgotten amos adamu's strident denials etal in the face of video evidence
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by zionic(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2010
abeg if them not want the money, i need am real bad, what the hell?, why wld GEJ bride SNG, what will they do for him??, rubbish post, 9ja dont fall prey to evil politicians oooooooooooooooooooo shocked
Re: The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? by vedaxcool(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2010
Kgdavid:

Man u seem not to understand the Bribe culture sorry gift culture, People hardly want to take no for an answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate / Edo State- Oshiomole Where Are The Industries / Hadiza Abubakar Breaks Fast With IDPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.