Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? (18816 Views)

Did Mary Have Other Children? / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin?

I believe Mary was one of the rarest gems that humanity has ever produced, for she had a great heart and a very deep understanding of the things of God.

That said, the truth remains that all such human qualities which contributed to making her the special woman she was, wouldn't have sufficed for her to be chosen by God to become the mother of Jesus, had she had lost her virginity to premarital sex.

And that doesn't mean that God wouldn't have forgiven her for doing so if she'd genuinely repented, for God would forgive her quite alright, however He wouldn't be able to choose her to become the mother of Jesus, because the mother of Jesus was meant to be a virgin until marriage.

So that's how Mary could have missed out on the exclusive blessing and privilege of carrying the only begotten Son of God in her womb.

But thank God, she didn't lose her virginity to premarital sex, as she had preserved it until the day of her marriage, hence was she able to partake of that exclusive blessing of God that no other woman ever had:

Luke 1:28 (KJV)

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

So Mary was called "highly favored" and "blessed amongst women" by the archangel Of God, because the kind of blessings and favor she had received from God was a very high one, which no other person could ever have. But she wouldn't have gotten such a blessing and favor from God if she hadn't preserved her virginity to her marriage, to show that there are some extent of blessings and favor that only those keeps their virginity till marriage have a chance of partaking of.

And that instance of Mary was just an illustration, for this message is not just meant for the women, but also applies to the opposite sex, because I myself preaching this message, am not a woman, but yet my greatest regret in life, is not being like Mary and those who were able to preserve their virginity till marriage.

And don't tell me that God had forgiven me of all my sins because I very well know that and am eternally grateful for that, but why it's yet a regret to me is that i am not going to be able to get back my virginity which I lost. Because virginity is the only thing that can never be recovered when lost to the devil. And that is exactly what happens whenever one loses his virginity to premarital sex.

So even though I have given my everything to God, it still pains me that I couldn't give God my virginity and use it to glorify Him, and that it is with the devil.

What makes it pain me the most is that God really tried for me, because even when I was just a church goer, and wasn't yet saved, there were glaring signs that God was trying hard prevent me from defiling myself. So despite being a ladies guy, and having a best friend was a womanizer, I was still a virgin, as God somehow was just putting spanner in all my plans and efforts to lose it.

But then I wouldn't listen, as I kept trying to taste the thing that my friends had been saying was so sweet, and made me feel I was really missing out on, so God eventually removed His Hand and let me have what I so craved. And to be honest when I finally did, I was like, "Was that it?"

And what did I gain? I gained the loss of my virginity to the devil, and the worst part is that it wasn't too long after that, I repented and surrendered my life to Jesus. So I was that close and about twenty one years old. Aarrrgghh!!!

It was after I began to walk with God that I got to realize why God tried so hard to help me preserve my virginity, but by then it was already too late for the deed had been done.

So although I'm now walking with God at the level of Spirit, where it is all about God, and by the signs God is still going to use me to a rare degree for the work of His kingdom, i am not going to forget that I lost my virginity to the devil, for that is a regret that i'm going to live with for the rest of my life.

That is actually one of the things which inspires me to do everything I possibly could to ensure that the devil doesn't have anything else of me, and that he so dearly pays for the evil he has inflicted upon mankind. So that regret does help to keep me on my toes, because I have already lost my virginity to the devil, so I can't afford to lose any thing else.

Moreover since I lost my virginity to the devil and can't get it back, I am going to do everything I possibly could God helping me, to ensure that the devil loses as many virginities as possible to God.

Therefore this message is for those who yet have their virginity in their hands, even if they haven't yet repented and are not saved.

You have an opportunity to give God something I couldn't give to Him, so don't waste it. Because everything else you lose to the devil now while you're still unsaved, you could possibly recover once you're saved, but once you lose your virginity to the devil, it is gone forever, because you would never be able to recover it.

Therefore ensure that regardless of what you lose to the devil while yet in the world, that you don't lose your virginity. So that when you eventually come back to God who is your heavenly Father and your Creator, you would still be able to glorify Him with your virginity, which is something I'm not able to do myself, but may have been very different if someone had told me what I'm telling you.

And I'm not saying that It's not going to be easy, but what I'm saying is that with God nothing shall be impossible, so that with God's help you surely can.

God bless.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Righteousness89(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2019
Mary Did not Have a Choice , she didn't chose to be Mother of our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST..

She was CHOSEN From Above..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by internationalman(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2019
Righteousness89:
Mary Did not Have a Choice , she didn't chose to be Mother of our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST..

so it was government by force then..

no self expression or free will..

so it has been teyed is started.... it is well

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Righteousness89(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2019
[[s]left]
internationalman:

[/left][/s]

Foolish talk!

Ask yourself these Questions
1. Did u wake up by your power this Morning?
2. The Breathe you have in you, did u put it in yourself?
3. The fingers u used in typing , did you fix it yourself ?

You don't own yourself! You can't keep yourself!
You Have an Owner..
and that is GOD ALMIGHTY...

He can do whatever HE wills with you..

Don't be Foolish

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Sanguine(f): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2019
Mary did not choose herself to be the 'mother' of Christ. And she definitely was not the only virgin
in town at that time.
She must have lived a life totally
concecrated to God for God to have deemed her worthy. One can be a virgin and live a frivolous and ungodly life, ask the five foolish virgins.

112 Likes

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 25, 2019
Righteousness89:

Lol!

You're right that Mary didn't choose to be the mother of Jesus but she was chosen by God, for that is the message of the Op, but i just discovered that I made an error in the thread title and left out a word.

Thanks for the correction.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Kainalu: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
You people have started

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by tonididdy(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Hell No
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by IMASTEX: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
For that purpose she was born & preserved to function.

6 Likes

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by nairalee(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Why not?

God chose Moses to convince a stubborn Pharoah (Stammerer Moses)
God chose Abraham to be the father of nations (Menopausal Abraham)
God chose David as the successor to Saul (Herdsmen David)
God chose even Rahab to help the Israelites (Prostitute Rahab)
God chose Paul to teach us (Persecutor Saul)

(words in bracket are what critics will tag them as)

Jesus chose fishermen, dined with tax collector and even mostly criticized the rich and "holiest" in the society

Infact from experience God uses the most unexpected. The God who uses the basket to fetch water to the disappointment of the bucket. That's the God I serve.

No matter your situation, God will still choose you to greatness.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by ijewejones: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Sanguine:
Mary did not choose herself to be the 'mother' of Christ. And she definitely was not the only virgin
in town at that time.
She must have lived a life totally
concecrated to God for God to have deemed her worthy.
One can be a virgin and live a frivolous and ungodly life, ask the five foolish virgins.

You right dear..it was a TRADITION!!! amongst many virgins that qualified her/separated her as the 1st/best

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Humphrizy(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
To find girls/ladies wey be like Mary go hard in dx our generation....Na my mind I just dey talk ooo

Kindly call or whatsapp 08"0"92"1519"59 if you need Original Pure Unadulterated Honey.. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Biritiko: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2019
Lmao
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by donprinyo(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Dumb question with dumb ulterior motive

2 Likes

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by seunlayi(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
No
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Ragmar3: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Can we stop asking dumb questions in 2020 please Let it end in 2019

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by sunshineV(f): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
i think the people needed a miracle so a virgin will be perfect. Girls dey do the do since BC
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by alfasexy: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
Lies. Mary was getting it from his Roman soldier boyfriend.

3 Likes

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Akanbibabatunde(m): 10:56am On Dec 25, 2019
all these religious folks don start again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Ezechimaobim(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
How did you know she was a virgin?

2 Likes

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Sagay212: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
Very foo.lish question indeed.

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Passionate888: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
Simi: Jamb question.mp3

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by ksam(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
Joseph is the real Niga here, for tolerating his virgin wife to be disvirgin

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by bikerboy1(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
Yes, she would.
If she was deflowered by her husband.
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by obojememe: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2019
this one pass me
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by surgical: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin?

I believe Mary was one of the rarest gems that humanity has ever produced, for she had a great heart and a very deep understanding of the things of God.

That said, the truth remains that all such human qualities which contributed to making her the special woman she was, wouldn't have sufficed for her to be chosen by God to become the mother of Jesus, had she had lost her virginity to premarital sex.

And that doesn't mean that God wouldn't have forgiven her for doing so if she'd genuinely repented, for God would forgive her quite alright, however He wouldn't be able to choose her to become the mother of Jesus, because the mother of Jesus was meant to be a virgin until marriage.

So that's how Mary could have missed out on the exclusive blessing and privilege of carrying the only begotten Son of God in her womb.

But thank God, she didn't lose her virginity to premarital sex, as she had preserved it until the day of her marriage, hence was she able to partake of that exclusive blessing of God that no other woman ever had:

Luke 1:28 (KJV)

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

So Mary was called "highly favored" and "blessed amongst women" by the archangel Of God, because the kind of blessings and favor she had received from God was a very high one, which no other person could ever have. But she wouldn't have gotten such a blessing and favor from God if she hadn't preserved her virginity to her marriage, to show that there are some extent of blessings and favor that only those keeps their virginity till marriage have a chance of partaking of.

And that instance of Mary was just an illustration, for this message is not just meant for the women, but also applies to the opposite sex, because I myself preaching this message, am not a woman, but yet my greatest regret in life, is not being like Mary and those who were able to preserve their virginity till marriage.

And don't tell me that God had forgiven me of all my sins because I very well know that and am eternally grateful for that, but why it's yet a regret to me is that i am not going to be able to get back my virginity which I lost. Because virginity is the only thing that can never be recovered when lost to the devil. And that is exactly what happens whenever one loses his virginity to premarital sex.

So even though I have given my everything to God, it still pains me that I couldn't give God my virginity and use it to glorify Him, and that it is with the devil.

What makes it pain me the most is that God really tried for me, because even when I was just a church goer, and wasn't yet saved, there were glaring signs that God was trying hard prevent me from defiling myself. So despite being a ladies guy, and having a best friend was a womanizer, I was still a virgin, as God somehow was just putting spanner in all my plans and efforts to lose it.

But then I wouldn't listen, as I kept trying to taste the thing that my friends had been saying was so sweet, and made me feel I was really missing out on, so God eventually removed His Hand and let me have what I so craved. And to be honest when I finally did, I was like, "Was that it?"

And what did I gain? I gained the loss of my virginity to the devil, and the worst part is that it wasn't too long after that, I repented and surrendered my life to Jesus. So I was that close and about twenty one years old. Aarrrgghh!!!

It was after I began to walk with God that I got to realize why God tried so hard to help me preserve my virginity, but by then it was already too late for the deed had been done.

So although I'm now walking with God at the level of Spirit, where it is all about God, and by the signs God is still going to use me to a rare degree for the work of His kingdom, i am not going to forget that I lost my virginity to the devil, for that is a regret that i'm going to live with for the rest of my life.

That is actually one of the things which inspires me to do everything I possibly could to ensure that the devil doesn't have anything else of me, and that he so dearly pays for the evil he has inflicted upon mankind. So that regret does help to keep me on my toes, because I have already lost my virginity to the devil, so I can't afford to lose any thing else.

Moreover since I lost my virginity to the devil and can't get it back, I am going to do everything I possibly could God helping me, to ensure that the devil loses as many virginities as possible to God.

Therefore this message is for those who yet have their virginity in their hands, even if they haven't yet repented and are not saved.

You have an opportunity to give God something I couldn't give to Him, so don't waste it. Because everything else you lose to the devil now while you're still unsaved, you could possibly recover once you're saved, but once you lose your virginity to the devil, it is gone forever, because you would never be able to recover it.

Therefore ensure that regardless of what you lose to the devil while yet in the world, that you don't lose your virginity. So that when you eventually come back to God who is your heavenly Father and your Creator, you would still be able to glorify Him with your virginity, which is something I'm not able to do myself, but may have been very different if someone had told me what I'm telling you.

And I'm not saying that It's not going to be easy, but what I'm saying is that with God nothing shall be impossible, so that with God's help you surely can.

God bless.
you don't know what really happened

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by helinues: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
ok
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Kamani8: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
internationalman:

Edited : ok i see topic has bn edited
Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
Any other question of the day ?!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by cococandy(f): 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? by Slawormir: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr

How are we sure Mary was a virgin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.