Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,276 members, 7,932,164 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:51 PM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (26570 Views)

Can I Open Another Bank Account, My BVN Is Linked To So Many Old, Huge Debts / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by ORIENTATION101: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2020
NO. My passport that expired was rejected by gtb
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Burgcudi(m): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2020
Please proceed to the Bank
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ogochukx(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.

Please how true is this info
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by DonBenny77(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.
No, the passport is invalid

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2020
undecided see mumu question...can you travel with an expired int. Passport??

5 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by frankmoney(m): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.
wow are u sure about zenith ? And u get the slip immediately ?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Jabioro: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:
You mean zenith do NIN to people..i will like to have it
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Jabioro:
You mean zenith do NIN to people..i will like to have it
Yes Zenith bank is doing NIN.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by E2000: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.
go to the bank and ask
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by fzybah(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders.. Happy New year.
Please help me in any possible way you can. I'm not asking for money so don't think I'm trying to rip people off their money.

I'm a University graduate with B-tech in Biochemistry but no job, I've tried my best but to no avail. So I decided to develop myself by building a career in tech skill basically data analysis and Science.. I've begun the training online but I couldn't proceed beyond excel because I don't have laptop to practice.. I tried learning it without System but it's really very difficult. I really don't know what to do because this is decision and I'm not changing it... There's no one to help me..

Please assist me with laptop, even if it is used one that you know you can spare.. Please help a brother, I don't want my passion to go down due to this challenge.

I will joyfully accept any working laptop. Please help me.

Anyone who is willing to help me should please contact me through this phone number.. 0-8-0-3-9-3-1-8-2-8-2.. Or seuncy88@gmail.com...
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

No bank will open a standard savings account for u with expired ID...what they did for u is open a tier 1 account that doesn’t require any form of ID and the limit is 50k in or out...

4 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Ijaycool:
Short answer: No

Slightly longer answer: Absolutely No.

Long Answer: An expired passport is like a dead human. You have a history but you don't have a future.

Does d expiration of a passport mean that d biodata on d passport is also expired?
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by sotall(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Humphrizy:
Capital No..its just like one saying "Can I manage expired drugs because it's already late and some pharmaceutical shops have closed".

Renew it or better still make use of your PVC if you are in Nigeria

Your analogy doesn't apply.

The reason an expired passport may not be accepted is not same reason you shouldn't take an expired drug.

The international passport can still be used as a means of identification even if you can't use it to travel anymore

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by karkinase(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Na wa oo...make una stop to ask this kinda Question this New year na... undecided
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
frankmoney:
wow are u sure about zenith ? And u get the slip immediately ?
Yes am sure. You will get the temporary one same day.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by gambia(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
No way.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Kyllahmc(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Bro you can even open a bank account with a 1940 colonial era voters card...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Majesticniyi(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

The way people argue blindly can make someone laugh sef grin

4 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by 12345baba(m): 8:55am On Jan 02, 2020
Go bank go ask them nah
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by akereconfi: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

Saying rubbish with such confidence. This ought to have been left in 2019

3 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Gabson006: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2020
Mine will expire this year July.
Can someone tell me how much for renewal.

And any sure connect in Lagos or Ogun office
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

I’ve never seen someone fabricating false information over nothing....obviously u have never renewed a travel passport b4. If u have u will never spit that nonsense u did up there...what do u stand to gain by all these misleading info??
No bank will open a standard account for u with expired id

6 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by amAZEing: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Thanks for this Timely Response.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by MarianaTrench: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.

No you cannot!
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.

No. I tried once and it was refused.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2020
akereconfi:

U are mean...lol...

I don’t know what the guy wants to gain with the false info.....so confident....perhaps he wants to appear knowledgeable for no reason

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Humphrizy(m): 8:58am On Jan 02, 2020
sotall:

Your analogy doesn't apply.

The reason an expired passport may not be accepted is not same reason you shouldn't take an expired drug.

The international passport can still be used as a means of identification even if you can't use it to travel anymore

OK... Well... Na my mind wey I just talk sha
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2020
akereconfi:

They should have left your mother first.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ohaneze1: 8:59am On Jan 02, 2020
No
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by West2019(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2020
something that is not valid again you wnt to use it and present to bank for fraud abi,use ur company id card is acceptable .is too early for this type of jamb Qs

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by H2ho(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2020
GTB is also doing free NIN reg..walk in and get your account opened within a sec

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by hush15: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
Thanks.

Don't let anybody deceive you, answer to your question is NO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Easy-to-do Online Jobs You Can Do From Home Without Any Skill / Using Mastercards Issued By Nigerian Banks Online. Issues!? / Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.