Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,828 members, 7,872,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? (667 Views)

Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by ManofGod3(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
For years i have seen Christians celebrate Christmas.

I have gone thru the Bible but never see Christmas mentioned.

Should Christians go ahead to celebrate what is not Biblical?
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by PastorAIO: 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
As long as they eat amala and not Turkey.
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2010
Come to think of it, is it even biblical to read a book called "holy bible"? grin
Man-of-God:

For years i have seen Christians celebrate Christmas.

I have gone thru the Bible but never see Christmas mentioned.

Should Christians go ahead to celebrate what is not Biblical?

Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by UyiIredia(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ topic >>> *I wonder what you mean by Biblical* it is okay to or not to celebrate Christmas >>> no be by force >>> thing is Christmas means different things to different people >>> for the poultry farmers >>> it obviously means good business cool
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by UyiIredia(m): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
Pastor AIO:

As long as they eat amala and not Turkey.

Pastor AIO is at it again >>> lol
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by alimat2(f): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Come to think of it, is it even biblical to read a book called "holy bible"? grin

Even the word [i]bible [/i]does not exist in the bible as holy book
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by vescucci(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
What's with this biblical or not biblical thing sef? Not everything biblical is good and not everything good is biblical. Do what is right jare whether it's in the bible or not. Don't do what is wrong whether it's biblical or not. That said, Christmas is just as good as New Year. If you wanna remember his birth, fine. If I was a Christian, I'd attach more importance to Easter than Christmas though.
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by bashydemy(m): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2010
not everything id biblical i believe most Christians just do things on there own.
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by Wumine(f): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
No it isnt. Its not bibilical, just evolved from tradition

The Bible plainly does not reveal the date of Christ's birth. And from its records of the nativity scene, Jesus would not have been born in winter at all. Luke states that in the night that He was born, "there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night" (Lk 2 : 8 ).
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by bashydemy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
Yes you right Wumine
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by PastorAIO: 12:40am On Dec 04, 2010
so was he born on June 25th then. And St. John was born on Xmas day.
Re: Is It Biblical To Celebrate Christmas? by poweredcom(m): 1:16am On Dec 04, 2010
To tell you that The KJV Bible is an Arrangement ok, Christmas is Man made ok

(1) (Reply)

Mo'cheddar / The Soyinkas And Others: / Christian Whorehouse - Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.