Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Guardiola: I Will Never Manage Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guardiola: I Will Never Manage Manchester United (211 Views)

Guardiola: "I Respect Arsenal On The Pitch, But Not Much Off The Pitch" / Guardiola: "I Will Stay 100% At Man City And The Truth Will Prevail" / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guardiola: I Will Never Manage Manchester United by solbase10(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he would never manage rivals Manchester United even if it is the only offer he had.

Guardiola was on United’s radar to replace Sir Alex Ferguson but had already agreed to join Bayern Munich when the Scot retired in 2013.
The former Barcelona manager said his status at City means the thought of managing United will never occur.

“If I didn’t have any offers, I would be in the Maldives,” Guardiola said ahead of Tuesday’s Carabao Cup first-leg semi-final against United at Old Trafford.

“Maybe not the Maldives because it doesn’t have any golf courses but after training City, I won’t train United, just like I would never train Madrid.

“Definitely not.”

Ferguson famously met Guardiola for dinner in New York in 2012.

At the time, Guardiola was on his sabbatical year and Ferguson was still to decide he would end his own illustrious career just months later.

Ferguson asked to be kept abreast of Guardiola’s plans but the return call never came.

United went on to win the Premier League but have not come close to winning another, whereas Guardiola has two titles – to add to the three Bundesliga crowns he won at Bayern Munich.

Guardiola has three wins at Old Trafford from four visits as City boss, yet recorded only one victory from the same number of meetings at the Etihad Stadium.

In their first meeting this season, United emerged 2-1 victors at the Etihad.

And Guardiola believes, under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, United are starting to develop the style of play he is looking for.

“I have incredible respect for this club,” he said.

“In every club’s history there are periods when you struggle a bit. But they will be back. Sooner or later they will be in the positions to fight for the Premier League title.”

Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used and Brand New AC /DC Treadmill's For Sale, At Very Cheap Prices. / Tottenham Versus Liverpool; Preview Match. / Our Company Is Need Of Team Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.