Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,754 members, 7,915,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:30 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1186424 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by platypelloid: 1:02pm On Jun 26
This is serious oooo. Since 2023??
Haba
Pls What's the advantages of online class in relation to visa appointment?

Ayo1011:

I'm in Cat B,

It's over one year since I booked an appointment and I already blew money last year on another admission I could not meet up with.

Better to start online since they're not even near giving 2023 yet
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lastkingsman: 1:40pm On Jun 26
Hannania:

CAT A: Appointment date withing 2 weeks.

1. A first class from 2022 till date
2. Possession of scholarship for course of study
3. Program you're going for is a PhD program.

CAT B. Waiting time is 21 months presently

Any other thing outside CAT A falls here.

The only way to apply for October 2024 is to use a neighbouring West African country. You have to posses 6 months resident permit there to apply.

Brother, how true is this information?

Doc just to add, as much as this information is true to work in the EU all none EU citizens need a work permit and most companies in the EU hesitate to give this permit, so before anyone take this root make sure you can survive in Germany after a year if you don’t find a job

https://x.com/belly112/status/1805854750803398835

Cc: Tensazangetsu20

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26
lastkingsman:

It's true. Honestly I won't even do the opportunity card seeing that it costs 20 million naira. In the current job market it's possible to not have a job within a year. What happens after. People in the US now sef no dey see work and that's with English o. Then imagine Germany where the language barrier might be an issue. I will rather try to get a job from Nigeria. The visa Wait time too is over a year not instant

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:03pm On Jun 26
platypelloid:
Baba,May Jah bless for this insight.
But pls how does someone know?

Will visa category be written on admission letter?

Because for Courses like medicine and surgery, First class is not applicable but pass or fail?

So how do we know the categories here?

Thank you in anticipation
MBBS is a unique case, and I've said it here before that if you're not categorized, apply under CAT A and make your case at the embassy. You'll surely be attended to. The date for appointment comes barely a week, so why not apply to know the outcome that soon.

Here's the catch. Sinve you're applying to a school, I'm sure they did a grade conversion based on your specific MBBS sub courses. This is for people going for public health MSc for example. Just apply under CAT A.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by platypelloid: 2:29pm On Jun 26
Baba you too much.
This your response is tranquilizing and a dose for breakthrough seizures!!

Thanks a million times.
I been dey think say category B kwa?
On top over 10 yrs practicing experience in 3 countries and 2 continents

Well let's see how event unfolds!!

Thanks again!
Hannania:
MBBS is a unique case, and I've said it here before that if you're not categorized, apply under CAT A and make your case at the embassy. You'll surely be attended to. The date for appointment comes barely a week, so why not apply to know the outcome that soon.

Here's the catch. Sinve you're applying to a school, I'm sure they did a grade conversion based on your specific MBBS sub courses. This is for people going for public health MSc for example. Just apply under CAT A.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:31pm On Jun 26
lastkingsman:

Companies are not the ones issuing work permit in Germany. Once you're given the Opportunity card visa, you're entitled to look for part-time job in Germany in any place even menial jobs to sustain you. That's why they need the block account or sponsorship letter so you won't be stranded. Now this job you're looking for in the main time is different from the intended Blue card job that the opportunity card visa is ment for.

You're to look for a job within that one year which can be converted to a blue card. The requirements are found below in this link:

https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/visa-residence/types/eu-blue-card

Here's the steps.

1. You enter Germany, begin your job search for a job that meets Blue card requirements, but you can get menial jobs or skilled part-time job in that one year tenure

2. If you don't get a job in one year, you can renew the opportunity card for 2 more years making it three years. Unless you're lazy, it's almost impossible.

3. When you get the job and work contract, you're to apply for a Blue card at the federal agency to change your permit. She's not right. Germany is not Canada where you have to buy the LMIA from employers. All you need is a work contract and you head on to apply for change of visa status as long as the salary meets the skill act requirements

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:35pm On Jun 26
platypelloid:
Baba you too much.
This your response is tranquilizing and a dose for breakthrough seizures!!

Thanks a million times.
I been dey think say category B kwa?
On top over 10 yrs practicing experience in 3 countries and 2 continents

Well let's see how event unfolds!!

Thanks again!
You're welcome. If you're not based in Nigeria, why not use the other countries?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lastkingsman: 3:10pm On Jun 26
tensazangetsu20:

It's true. Honestly I won't even do the opportunity card seeing that it costs 20 million naira. In the current job market it's possible to not have a job within a year. What happens after. People in the US now sef no dey see work and that's with English o. Then imagine Germany where the language barrier might be an issue. I will rather try to get a job from Nigeria. The visa Wait time too is over a year not instant

Baba thanks for the reply 🙏. Na me won apply for the the opportunity as plan b as sponsorship for tech job for this my side na tug of war and nobody knows what labour is going to do after winning elections. You fit help me with insight on using LinkedIn to know the most in demand job over there (Germany) but lacking workers?

I am seeing mostly machine learning and embedded engineer from my search using the strategy you mentioned about using LinkedIn to get insights on job opportunities in a location

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lastkingsman: 3:11pm On Jun 26
Hannania:
Companies are not the ones issuing work permit in Germany. Once you're given the Opportunity card visa, you're entitled to look for part-time job in Germany in any place even menial jobs to sustain you. That's why they need the block account or sponsorship letter so you won't be stranded. Now this job you're looking for in the main time is different from the intended Blue card job that the opportunity card visa is ment for.

You're to look for a job within that one year which can be converted to a blue card. The requirements are found below in this link:

Here's the steps.

1. You enter Germany, begin your job search for a job that meets Blue card requirements, but you can get menial jobs or skilled part-time job in that one year tenure

2. If you don't get a job in one year, you can renew the opportunity card for 2 more years making it three years. Unless you're lazy, it's almost impossible.

3. When you get the job and work contract, you're to apply for a Blue card at the federal agency to change your permit. She's not right. Germany is not Canada where you have to buy the LMIA from employers. All you need is a work contract and you head on to apply for change of visa status as long as the salary meets the skill act requirements

Thanks so much for the reply 🙏. Which tech roles are in great demand there but are lacking workers (supply)?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26
lastkingsman:

Thanks so much for the reply 🙏. Which tech roles are in great demand there but are lacking workers (supply)?
Take nobody's words. Check out all of these sites and you'll know which tech skill comes top and tell us grin

DevOps, Java and C# are top in any developed country now.

General platforms

www.stepstone.de

www.xing.com
www.monster.de
www.indeed.de

Internships, working students, jobs for graduates

www.absolventa.de

www.jobteaser.com

Local university portals: Many universities in

Start-ups

www.gruenderszene.de

www.angel.co

www.arbeitnow.com

www.germanystartupjobs.com

www.berlinstartupjobs.com

Software development / Tech jobs

www.wellfound.com (former AngelList)

https://jobs.joinimagine.com/jobs

www.honeypot.io

Social / sustainability sector

www.goodjobs.eu

www.idealist.org

Creative

www.dasauge.de (only in German)

Non-profit and public sector

https://gesinesjobtipps.de/ (only in German)

Mittelstand / medium sized companies

www.mittelstandsjob.de

www.mittelstandskarriere.de

City-specific

Many cities or federal states have their own business development agencies that support local companies in their search for talent e.g.

Talent Berlin: www.talent.berlin

JoYo Hamburg: www.yojo.de

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:52pm On Jun 26
lastkingsman:

Baba thanks for the reply 🙏. Na me won apply for the the opportunity as plan b as sponsorship for tech job for this my side na tug of war and nobody knows what labour is going to do after winning elections. You fit help me with insight on using LinkedIn to know the most in demand job over there (Germany) but lacking workers?

I am seeing mostly machine learning and embedded engineer from my search using the strategy you mentioned about using LinkedIn to get insights on job opportunities in a location

If it's machine learning and embedded engineering then it's right as Germany is a manufacturing powerhouse. Those are the software skills that will be needed in such an economy

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by platypelloid: 4:12pm On Jun 26
Unfortunately I am based in naija at the moment.
This gives me lots of headaches

I really don't know what to do really
Hannania:
You're welcome. If you're not based in Nigeria, why not use the other countries?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by odinakaokonkwo7: 7:09pm On Jun 26
Goodevening guys... Please how do one know the category he or she falls into
Category A is for which ppl
Category B Too?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo1011: 7:26pm On Jun 26
odinakaokonkwo7:
Goodevening guys... Please how do one know the category he or she falls into
Category A is for which ppl
Category B Too?

[quote author=Hannania post=130664265]

CAT A: Appointment date withing 2 weeks.

1. A first class from 2022 till date
2. Possession of scholarship for course of study
3. Program you're going for is a PhD program.

CAT B. Waiting time is 21 months presently

Any other thing outside CAT A falls here.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo1011: 7:31pm On Jun 26
platypelloid:
This is serious oooo. Since 2023??
Haba
Pls What's the advantages of online class in relation to visa appointment?

I've been told that applications are rejected if the appointment date is too far from the school's resumption(meaning the applicant has missed too much course content)

Best to start online so I wont miss

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Okupevi1985: 12:04am On Jun 27
Hannania:

Here's the steps.

Your number 2 pont is what is giving me confusion. Those guys can change there rules about getting 2 years extension if you could not secure a job after one year.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ihavesense: 1:24am On Jun 27
tensazangetsu20:

I disagree with you bro
Opportunity Card doesn’t cost 20 million.
The only point I agree with you is the language barrier so anyone coming to Germany should start learning Germany.
The 12k euro for blocked account is still your money naw, in fact, you don’t even need it if you can get someone in Germany that can write a sponsorship letter for you.
Lastly, you and I know that it’s very very hard to get a tech job in these countries from Nigeria.

Hope dey bro
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:46am On Jun 27
ihavesense:

I disagree with you bro
Opportunity Card doesn’t cost 20 million.
The only point I agree with you is the language barrier so anyone coming to Germany should start learning Germany.
The 12k euro for blocked account is still your money naw, in fact, you don’t even need it if you can get someone in Germany that can write a sponsorship letter for you.
Lastly, you and I know that it’s very very hard to get a tech job in these countries from Nigeria.

Hope dey bro

There was a Time Germany was packing devs from Nigeria. Ask andela boys from 2014 ish. E reach our time to find work everything cast grin grin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ezemeiyogu(m): 6:53am On Jun 27
Hannania:
What you posted in the picture above is for "certification of documents" not student visa appointment. Anybody can get that in a few days. Any agent you use for Nigeria will just scam you 100%. The only reason your brother will get an appointment early is based on three criteria:

1. He has a first class from 2022 till date
2. He has a scholarship for his studies
3. He's going for a PhD program.

Anything outside that means that he falls under category B and has to wait for 21 months.

Read the reason for appointment you posted. It's for certification of documents not Study appointment

Exactly! No agent can help anyone get appointment date not even immigration law firm (a friend was scammed way back in 2022). NO AGENT!

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chambersbaby: 9:11am On Jun 27
Hello, Please any update on AD so far? has anyone gotten AD yet?
your response will be highly appreciated, to keep our hopes alive 😂😂😂
Danke!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by platypelloid: 9:34am On Jun 27
Hello house
please what is the chance of securing job after masters in public health in germany?
what is the job outlook and salary range?

Danke.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mutantxcrypto: 12:02pm On Jun 27
I have a question. If you are not categorized such as mbbs and pharmacy but your cGPA is below 4.5, won't they still interpret it as below first class? Should such a person go ahead and book appointment under CAT A

Hannania:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27
Mutantxcrypto:
I have a question. If you are not categorized such as mbbs and pharmacy but your cGPA is below 4.5, won't they still interpret it as below first class? Should such a person go ahead and book appointment under CAT A

Your transcript will have CGPA. The embassy will ask for it if you apply under CAT A and it has to be 4.5 or 3.5/4 for the last two years
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27
Okupevi1985:
Your number 2 pont is what is giving me confusion. Those guys can change there rules about getting 2 years extension if you could not secure a job after one year.
Germany is very flexible. You can convert your visa. Many Nigerians go for masters, but when they get a job that meets the EU requirements within a year, they apply to change their status and continue working. The most important thing should be that you have experience that can get you hired. Don't expect a miracle. Germans are meticulous

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 5:19am On Jun 28
didiz:

Please can you educate more about the category options, l graduated with a first class but in 2021. Will I still fall under category A?

The school equally gave me a deadline to pay for semester fee.

Try booking under category A because people with first class from 2020 are still applying and having their interviews

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bethxxie: 4:03pm On Jun 28
Just an update on things so far, they have given Sept 3rd - 5th (last that I know of). They gave AD today

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chambersbaby: 6:41pm On Jun 28
Just an update on things so far, they have given Sept 3rd - 5th (last that I know of). They gave AD today

AD given today was Sept 5th 2022??

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eghosa100: 7:30pm On Jun 28
Hello house can I bring my dependant on a PhD course in Germany?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo1011: 7:33pm On Jun 28
Bethxxie:

Ah thank God
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ayo1011: 10:41pm On Jun 28
Kennie28:
oops I'm a lady, I booked last year June mine will be next year

I aplogise for the assumption. June right? just a few months behind me, hopefully we get dates soon
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 1:35am On Jun 29
Eghosa100:
Hello house can I bring my dependant on a PhD course in Germany?
For children(Minors), you can apply for their separate appointment then email the embassy to join your appointment. For adults, you have to be in Germany before you apply for them. Currently, it takes 18 months to get an appointment for family reunion. With that waiting time, you'll be almost done with your course before your spouse can join you

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kennie28: 7:14pm On Jun 30
Hannania:
For children(Minors), you can apply for their separate appointment then email the embassy to join your appointment. For adults, you have to be in Germany before you apply for them. Currently, it takes 18 months to get an appointment for family reunion. With that waiting time, you'll be almost done with your course before your spouse can join you
Hello can I bring my child a minor on a msc course in Germany too

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (732) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: BigOG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.