Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,863 members, 7,949,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 04:25 PM

Writers In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writers In Nigeria (4334 Views)

Chimamanda Fast Becomes One Of The ‘Most Talked About Writers’ In The US / Writers In Port Harcourt Lets Meet / Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writers In Nigeria by naruto23: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
Its like writers in Nigeria has finally disappeared its been a long time since have read a fiction novel done by a Nigerian gone are the days of wole soyinka chinua achebe and so on, like literature isn't wat it use to be. am i wrong about this
Re: Writers In Nigeria by almoner(m): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2010
Young writers are doing are doing well as well. Take out time and read recent literatures by Nigerian Authors
Re: Writers In Nigeria by naruto23: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2010
pls list or recommend some 2 me
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Rosebud1(f): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Kindly go through the excerpt of one of my works and tell me what u think.

Re: Writers In Nigeria by Zeta(m): 2:37am On Dec 29, 2010
Have you heard of Onyeka Nwelue? He wrote a book titled 'The Abysinian boy' . I think he even got an award for writing the book. Check him out on google. I haven't read the book, but I've heard that its great.
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Agstar(f): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
For Rosebud1:
i went through the extract of your work "Conditional inheritance"- chapter 8. Although chapter 1 would have been a better place to start from-- but you had your reasons for not towing that introductory path. It centers around Okezie in Dubai, the environment , the bar scene, the battery on the lady, taking to his heels. you deployed a combination of the narrative approach, also the descriptive aspect( not so much), but you used snippets of what i refer to as 'Nigerian English' in conveying your message (which should be corrected). I don't know what genre of fictional work you've adopted, cos sometimes thought flow matters a lot in keeping your readers riveted on the final story flow in the novel. I run wise insight, and amongst other things we proofread, edit people's works. Please visit http://www.wiinsight.com or call : 08069803298, 07036693703 for more info.
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Peaceworld(m): 1:55am On Jan 09, 2011
Agstar ur really wrong abt this, there are so many budding and published young authors now in Nigeria and am happy am one of them. Just pblished in Xlibris and you can see my book here

http://www.xlibrispublishing.co.uk/bookstore/bookdisplay.aspx?bookid=301093

Do take care!
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Netra: 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2011
I am a new romance writer. I just published two novels: OBSESSION and HIS SIN. Please visit my website at www.nettyejike.com and offer some advice or something. Thanks.
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Agstar(f): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
Hi Peace world,
i'm not sure i understand what part i got wrong, whether it's the Nigerian English stuff ( use of vernacular is ok, but using the way you converse in every day life without paying attention to the grammatical rules, hmmm!. Publishing a book is not a problem at all, esp in this epoch where self publishing has taken a quantum leap in the publishing world, it's the sales and recognition (local/ Intl)given to the book that counts at the end of the day. i'll visit your designated site,

Agstar
Re: Writers In Nigeria by MyneWhite1(f): 7:45am On Jan 12, 2011
You can read the list done by this blogger for more on contemporary Nigerian writers.

http://dupeolorunjo./2011/01/06/nigerian-fiction-writers/
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Netra: 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
Myne, thanks for the link. I was quite captivated with what I saw.
Re: Writers In Nigeria by POTUT(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2011
You can take a look at something I have worked on. I have been at it for six years now, so I can say it is really worth reading. Let me know if you like it and want some more of it.

@ Agstar,
I have been to your site. It is not easy to find such services. Do you offer Representation for new writers? Will you charge a few for Critiquing? I have the first few chapters of my work here. Please let me have your candid thoughts on it.
Re: Writers In Nigeria by Omoosedabi: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2011
I dont really think usage of Nigerian English (as you may call it) really matters. check Chinua ACHEBE'S works na. swag it up with some african swagg jor grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I Loved And Lost / Fantasy Novels / Diary Of A University Girl [episode 1] The Beginning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.