Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. (4663 Views)

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? / Government Please We Need To Learn Please Students Are Waiting / Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hello nairalanders, I need enlightenment, advice, solution on this issue bothering me.
All my life me and my siblings have been told we are osogbo in osun state and so we've always input osun state as the state of origin, from my birth certificate to my ssce result which is the highest qualification I have now, all state I'm from osun.
Problem started when I want to obtain the local government of origin certificate for admission purpose because all schools require it, I was directed to Osogbo people union (OPU), when I got there I was told I need to obtain a form and fill my data into it, and indicate my ancestral compound in the form, at this point I had no clue what to input into the space so I called my Dad, he told me to fill in his own surname which I did. The form was taken to the house bearing the name my dad gave me, so as to verify if we are really from there and also for the oldest member of the family to sign the form, but I was rejected there I was told they don't know anybody in the family who is a Christian and also they are not familiar with my father's name, I was never given the certificate.
N.B. Later got to know that we are actually from oyo State, Atiba local government.
The problem now is that all my documents indicate I'm from osun state and I was told I can't be issued local government of origin certificate but only local government residency certificate in osun
I want to know is it possible to use local government residency certificate in place of local of origin certificate.
olawalebabs , Fynestboi , Richiez , mynd44 please help me move it to front page.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Lavisha(f): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osun, Oyo, stay one place and stop confusing your life.
Why will you father lie to you about Osun?
And how did you get to know you're from OYO?!

See, from Lagos to Ondo, SW will not give you shitt, else you fake it.
I suggest you go to Aba or Onitsha, Igbos no dey verify cos Dem no get extended family.

Just get the form and put 51, iweka road, onitsha, na one time.

13 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

I suggest you go to Aba or Onitsha, Igbos no dey verify cos Dem no get extended family.

I am not trying to confuse myself, I'm ready to obtain another state of origin but discrepancy in my documents about my state of origin will give me problem, just need help on how to sort it out.
Not like my dad actually lied to me, his dad was in the military and he did not get to spend much time with his dad, he spend most of his early life with his mum, after retiring from the military my grandad spend the rest of his life in osogbo where built his house and I guess that made my dad assume he was from osun.
it was my grandma that explained to my dad that he is from oyo and it wasn't really hard to locate our ancestral lineage in Oyo because my grand was a prince just don't know why he settled in osogbo.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by fatymore(f): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
DarkPheonix:
Hello nairalanders, I need enlightenment, advice, solution on this issue bothering me.
All my life me and my siblings have been told we are osogbo in osun state and so we've always input osun state as the state of origin, from my birth certificate to my ssce result which is the highest qualification I have now, all state I'm from osun.
Problem started when I want to obtain the local government of origin certificate for admission purpose because all schools require it, I was directed to Osogbo people union (OPU), when I got there I was told I need to obtain a form and fill my data into it, and indicate my ancestral compound in the form, at this point I had no clue what to input into the space so I called my Dad, he told me to fill in his own surname which I did. The form was taken to the house bearing the name my dad gave me, so as to verify if we are really from there and also for the oldest member of the family to sign the form, but I was rejected there I was told they don't know anybody in the family who is a Christian and also they are not familiar with my father's name, I was never given the certificate.
N.B. Later got to know that we are actually from oyo State, Atiba local government.
The problem now is that all my documents indicate I'm from osun state and I was told I can't be issued local government of origin certificate but only local government residency certificate in osun
I want to know is it possible to use local government residency certificate in place of local of origin certificate.
olawalebabs , Fynestboi , Richiez , mynd44 please help me move it to front page.
Go and do affidavit for previous certificates and onward fill in Oyo state as your state of origin and stop claiming Osun.

Back in 2009 when I wanted to do mine... I have lived all my life in Lagos, so I went to Ibadan, I was claiming Ibadan South east(as told by my uncle not knowing uncle too was confused), I met one of my distant uncle and he took me to the lg, he had already grilled me ...

I was told to recite the common Ibadan recital,
Ibadan omo ajorosun bla bla, I passed the interview sha.(I used this for my ND).

Upon admission for HND I couldn't find it and I had been told we were from Lagelu lg, that was how filled in that Lagelu Lg and got another Certificate of origin.

Laslas, money opens all doors grin

6 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by sammirano: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

This made my day

4 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by sammirano: 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Try another local government. Remember, money open all doors, they will give you the certifucate.when evn chinedu is getting Lga certificate in amuwo odofin.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
fatymore:
Go and do affidavit for previous certificates and onward fill in Oyo state as your state of origin and stop claiming Osun
I've been considering this, I just hope it is enough to rectify everything.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by chiefhead007: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
Certificate of origin is issued by local govt not OPU. It is only LG that is authorized to issue such. All u need do is to approach LG. perhaps ur dad may be nursing political ambition in osun state which may be reason he's claiming the state.
Not all schs request for this shit. I only got to know about cert of origin when I got admission into fedpoly in ede in 2002. And I presented cert of origin issued by LG then.
DarkPheonix:

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
I also want to know if certificate of residence in a state can be used in place of local government of origin certificate
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
chiefhead007:
Certificate of origin is issued by local govt not OPU. It is only LG that is authorized to issue such. All u need do is to approach LG. perhaps ur dad may be nursing political ambition in osun state which may be reason he's claiming the state.
Not all schs request for this shit. I only got to know about cert of origin when I got admission into fedpoly in ede in 2002. And I presented cert of origin issued by LG then.

All federal and state institution request for it, to get certificate of origin in osogbo you need to go through OPU first before you can proceed to LG.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by chiefhead007: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
That's all u need man. Go to osogbo LG and apply for it. There may even be people who will broker for u there as we it in ib. They may delay u If u approach directly with their stupid questions abt ur bio. They will want to know if u're truly from the town. All in all, as far as u're a yoruba de will issue u one signed by LG chairman. I have friends who got theirs from ib then and they are not form ib.
DarkPheonix:
I also want to know if certificate of residence in a state can be used in place of local government of origin certificate
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Lavisha(f): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
DarkPheonix:

I am not trying to confuse myself, I'm ready to obtain another state of origin but discrepancy in my documents about my state of origin will give me problem, just need help on how to sort it out.
Not like my dad actually lied to me, his dad was in the military and he did not get to spend much time with his dad, he spend most of his early life with his mum, after retiring from the military my grandad spend the rest of his life in osogbo where built his house and I guess that made my dad assume he was from osun.
it was my grandma that explained to my dad that he is from oyo and it wasn't really hard to locate our ancestral lineage in Oyo because my grand was a prince just don't know why he settled in osogbo.
It was grandma that explain to your dad his origin?!
Who does that?
Honestly, it doesn't make sense, seem youre hiding something, anyways- you can choose your mother's state of origin too.
I hope you know where your mother comes from?
or is she a soldier too?
Meanwhile, what's your surname?
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by PlsBanMe: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Your father knew where you came from but decided to mess with you guys. Simple tell your father that you need Certificate of Origin. Since he is the reason you're in this problem, he should fix it for you.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by fatymore(f): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

Who does that?
Honestly, it doesn't make sense, seem youre hiding something, anyways- you can choose your mother's state of origin too.
or is she a soldier too?
clown grin
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Lavisha(f): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
fatymore:
clown grin
weasel
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by abumeinben(m): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

You nor juss try at all.

Right address is: 3 , Pound Road, Aba.

Too much nollywood dey disturb your old age. grin

On a serious note OP, your dad might not be all wrong. Osun was once a part of Oyo state. I hope you know both states are dragging which owns LAUTECH Uni.

Let your dad clearify.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by doggedfighter(f): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

Keep exhibiting high level of madness, you hear

2 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by NwaAmaikpe: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
shocked

With the menace of babymama and unfathered kids, the next generation are in big soup.

For example.
Maria Okan's child for Olamide bears Okan as surname.
Tomorrow now, that one will claim one local government in one state not knowing that her real father is from another state.
When she finds out, she'd come here asking for advice when her mom should have told her the truth from the onset.

These babymama sha.
Children can no more tell who they truly are, because they didn't meet a father to tell them that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Pidginwhisper: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

2 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:

Who does that?
or is she a soldier too?
Wether grandma explain it to my dad or not, I now know where I am from I have met dad's extended family and state of origin is not a debate again. all I need to know now is how there won't be any discrepancy in my other documents I obtained before... my surname is Olaniyan. And I know where my mum is from.
Thanks anyway.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Swear affidavits to the effect(your state status)
and make proper corrections to where it is needed. Your dad need help
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Dkyz(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
DarkPheonix:

Bro... They wont notice. Get your Local Government letter first. The essence is to tell them that you're truly from that LGA. if asked tell them u used your MUM lga or something before you got this one from your dad. They wont notice anyways. Collect it like dat
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Your lg didnt rejected you but you gave false information .This is an eyes opener to father, excptance father and intend father let your children know where you are from don't hides your origin, as for my lil kid know state, lg and village name
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
obehi247:
Swear affidavits to the effect(your state status)
and make proper corrections to where it is needed. Your dad need help
I will do that
thanks
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
DarkPheonix:

I will do that
thanks
Then you don't need to get worried over anything
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
Dkyz:

Bro... They wont notice. Get your Local Government letter first. The essence is to tell them that you're truly from that LGA. if asked tell them u used your MUM lga or something before you got this one from your dad. They wont notice anyways. Collect it like dat
alright I'll just add an affidavit to it as someone suggested.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 11:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
obehi247:
Then you don't need to get worried over anything
wasn't sure affidavit will enough will be enough but I think it is the best thing to do now.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by DarkPheonix: 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With the menace of babymama and unfathered kids, the next generation are in big soup.

For example.
Maria Okan's child for Olamide bears Okan as surname.
Tomorrow now, that one will claim one local government in one state not knowing that her real father is from another state.
When she finds out, she'd come here asking for advice when her mom should have told her the truth from the onset.

These babymama sha.
Children can no more tell who they truly are, because they didn't meet a father to tell them that.
I have noticed you here on nairaland, and you are among the last person I was expecting anything sensible from.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by jayextra(m): 11:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lavisha:
Akpa amu shut up abeg,trying so hard to sound intelligent

Low iq tribal bigot.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by BarristerAlarig: 1:34am On Jan 12, 2020
DarkPheonix:

All this one Na lie!!

The average Nigerian lie on all forms!! They lie about their age, state of origin, local government of origin, their names etc as long as its suits them.

See this one lying to us as if you are 1yr olds. So your grandad never mentioned to your dad where he was from?? Not even his village??

If we want to lie, let's tell lies that actually make sense.
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by COdeGenesis: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2020
DarkPheonix:

There is nothing money cannot do. Just packet 3k to 5k and you will get it
Re: I Was Rejected In My Local Government, Please Help Me. by greatbrian(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2020
I feel you need a dignitary from the local govt to back up your claim. I had Same issues when academy told us to bring indigene ship form. HV lived all my life in the north and I even speak more Hausa than Yoruba and on getting to local government, the first mistake I made was speaking Hausa and dressing in my kaftan. The secretary there was like am not from the state and again, my first name is English so it didn't help matters. I tried convincing them and I was asked to speak Ekiti dialect which I can't even comprehend. While there again,
a friend called and I spoke Hausa all thru unknowingly that they were watching me closely. They denied me the local govt attestation until my mum who was close to the king called and he called the local govt chairman and in a jiffy I was giving all I needed. The secretary still stood her stand that am an Hausa man taking their slot for academy. Las las I was giving and I was enjoined to learn my native language and dialect.

Bottom line, find someone in power. Mine was better, a friend of mine who we were to go for the interview together then was not giving at all. He was born and grew in sokoto and we both met in nms. His grand parents can't even say specifically where their family house is in Ekiti they just know they are from moba. He got to the local govt and he was denied the indigeneship las las, someone tried helping and they asked where their family house was, he couldn't even point it out and he can't even speak Yoruba at all. He was complete denied the attestation and he was told to go and collect form sokoto. Though his name was Yoruba etc. Though a general signed his Local govt form but due to absence of indigene cert, he was screened out and that halted his dreams of following his dreams

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olivia Farnsworth: She Neither Sleeps, Eat Or Feel Pain / Mathematics/further Maths / Unn Cut-off Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.