Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,282 members, 7,932,170 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 07:58 PM

Gay Church Opens In Igboland - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (18116 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Gay Church In Nigeria / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by chase4(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2010
Idehn:

Please tell me how homosexuals have had a direct impact upon your life?

Also I call B.S on this story. I think this thread was started to troll for comments.

Why then are they forcing themselves on the Church when the Church's stand on this subject is very clear?

Idehn:

My apologies. Since this is technically not the "Muslim" section I inappropriately assumed you were Christians. Although if you were raised in a religious family/society my statement is likely to still stand in many ways. However, that is beside the point. One cannot eschew their personal beliefs from the influence of others, which is to say your belief about this issue is mainly a product of upbringing and not anything you nor homosexuals actually did.

That it is not the muslim section does not mean it is the Christian's. What we have here is the Reliogious and muslim sections.
By the way, why is there no Christian section here? Seun why?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 9:34am On Dec 07, 2010
I can't understand why people are so blind in the eye of the Holy Bible we read!? It clearly states what had happened to Sodem and Gomora.
In the Bible, there is two quotes I’d like to point out:
1. Deuteronomy 12:32 : “What thing so ever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it”
2. Leviticus 20:13 :“If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them”.].
Those exact words written, in the scriptures. Quite simple and straight forward, how can we not understand what God expects from us!? God made man and God made woman, God had a plan with MAN and WOMAN, Not Adam and Andrew, ADAM and EVE, It's a real basic argument with the facts by hand.
If we want to go to church, we obey the laws God gave us: ALL THE LAWS, not only in your church, but in the world. If we chose to obey Him, we must do it fully. Surely we will not judge, HE will be the Judge.

P.S. I'm clearly not gay, nor do I have the desire to have any gay friends, I have stated my argument with understandable proof and in that awareness, I see my argument as true.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Odunnu: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2010
Evil!
Let them that have eyes see,ears hear,the world is indeed coming to an end!
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by scorpio1(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2010
It should never be labelled "church", calling it a "SECT" or ""GROUP" is better, period!
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2010
MzGreat:

I can't understand why people are so blind in the eye of the Holy Bible we read!? It clearly states what had happened to Sodem and Gomora.
In the Bible, there is two quotes I’d like to point out:
1. Deuteronomy 12:32 : “What thing so ever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it”
2. Leviticus 20:13 :“If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them”.].
Those exact words written, in the scriptures. Quite simple and straight forward, how can we not understand what God expects from us!? God made man and God made woman, God had a plan with MAN and WOMAN, Not Adam and Andrew, ADAM and EVE,  It's a real basic argument with the facts by hand.
If we want to go to church, we obey the laws God gave us: ALL THE LAWS, not only in your church, but in the world. If we chose to obey Him, we must do it fully. Surely we will not judge, HE will be the Judge.

P.S. I'm clearly not gay, nor do I have the desire to have any gay friends, I have stated my argument with understandable proof and in that awareness, I see my argument as true.

The Bible that is so full of contradictions? The Bible that is written by men?

Can one say that most of the "laws" in the Bible are just what man considered taboo back then?

If God did indeed foresaw the future, why couldnt he tell what we should avoid with this modern technologies and ways of living of this modern day?
The Bible was written for the ways of man back then, because it was a book concocted to keep men of back then in check. Just like we have a legalized law nowadays. Not saying that there might not have been a man named God who created heaven and earth, who sent his son to come and "save" us all. But since the Bible was not written by God, but pieced together by man, one can conclude that man also added his own opinion.
Opinion that dictates what he thought as wrong and what he thought as right.

What did God say about our mode of entertainment, about TV, music, etc etc. Do we not have Pastors adorning themselves with gold and silver?
Do we not have female pastors wearing breaches [cloth that belongs to the opposite se x]? Do we not have female pastors beautifying themselves with the unnatural items, piercing their ears to wear earrings, coloring their lips and eyelids. What did your Bible say about that?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 07, 2010
Who are the real Christians?

The one that turn their lips to God to offer worship and praises, then later turn their lips to man to curse the flesh that God created.

1 John  4:12 says "No one has ever seen God; but [b]if [/b]we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 

So all these people that claim Christianity without love for his brethren does not have the Spirit of God in him?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Can one say that most of the "laws" in the Bible are just what man considered taboo back then?

If God did indeed foresaw the future, why couldnt he tell what we should avoid with this modern technologies and ways of living of this modern day?
The Bible was written for the ways of man back then, because it was a book concocted to keep men of back then in check. Just like we have a legalized law nowadays. Not saying that there might not have been a man named God who created heaven and earth, who sent his son to come and "save" us all. But since the Bible was not written by God, but pieced together by man, one can conclude that man also added his own opinion.

What did God say about our mode of entertainment, about TV, music, etc etc. Do we not have Pastors adorning themselves with gold and silver?
Do we not have female pastors wearing breaches [cloth that belongs to the opposite se x]? Do we not have female pastors beautifying themselves with the unnatural items, piercing their ears to wear earrings, coloring their lips and eyelids. What did your Bible say about that?

u r totally drifting away from the topic, Whoever wants to justify homosexuality, will find a way to do so. That’s a fact, we’re human. However God wrote the Bible through people, for people. He’s laws were simple, hard, yet simple.

About pastors adorning themselves with gold and silver, piercing ears, beautifying themselves with unnatural items blah blah blah, leave it to God to judge them. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy, james 4 :12
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by JUO(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2010
hum
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by earlalright(m): 10:16am On Dec 07, 2010
this sucks and yucks. when fine babes full everywhere, i no fit see another man then i go come begin dey trip. i crase?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2010
MzGreat:

u r totally drifting away from the topic, Whoever wants to justify homosexuality, will find a way to do so. That’s a fact, we’re human. However God wrote the Bible through people, for people. He’s laws were simple, hard, yet simple.

About pastors adorning themselves with gold and silver, piercing ears, beautifying themselves with unnatural items blah blah blah, leave it to God to judge them. God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy, james 4 :12

Yes, I was drifting away from topic, because I was analyzing your post.
Sin is sin, we're all sinners. No sin is greater or smaller.
But then one minute your Bible talks about committing one sin is committing all, next minute it talks about how one sin is of a greater degree.

If sin is sin, should we not concentrate on the sin we ourselves commit and less on others' sin?  Since we are no better? Or can any man say he is without a sin?

If God is believed to be the only Judge, why do we have so many Christians on this board giving themselves the power that only God wields?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Richydos(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2010
wat's bcoming of dis nation
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by daphil: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2010
Hmmm.

It reminds me of what happened in Sodom and Gomorra.

Let him/her that has ears hear what the Spirit is saying!

The end is near.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by daphil: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2010
@ Ileke -Idi, Omo Ekiti-Kete,

What is your stand on this topic? Are you in total support?
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yes, I was drifting away from topic, because I was analyzing your post.
Sin is sin, we're all sinners. No sin is greater or smaller.
But then one minute your Bible talks about committing one sin is committing all, next minute it talks about how one sin is of a greater degree.

If sin is sin, should we not concentrate on the sin we ourselves commit and less on others' sin?  Since we are no better? Or can any man say he is without a sin?

If God is believed to be the only Judge, why do we have so many Christians on this board giving themselves the power that only God wields?

Mark you, i was only backing up my points with preferences from the bible. who am i to judge, i so much believe in "he who has not sin should cast the first stone" buh that doesnt mean if i see A, i should call it B. some of the points are from the bible not from me. i will never take the place of God, therefore i cant judge no man.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by bisiaet: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2010
By every reasonable thinking it is satanic, demonic and abomination infact is a curse. It is so sad some people lost their heads in our society thinking such an i d i o t i c and stupid thing like Gay is civilization.

Come to look at it in ordinary way how in a hell will a man say he fall in love with another man I try to figure it out how does this sound this is why I said it is demonic and satanic. Our unecessary civilization thirsty I pray it does not ends us up in doom.

I dont really care how anybody feel or how anybody think the truth is I hate gay with passion I have no apology for what I have just said any one of them who read this and get offended can go to h e l l. I see them as the kind of living beign that rope should be tie on their neck and throw them to deep sea because they are disgusting, irritating & annoying. Bloody sceamers bin you all.

Sorry no apology!!!
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by chizi007: 11:06am On Dec 07, 2010
this is wt i call serious pervertion,this is not d way of GOD oh.for God to have created a woman ad a man ad said to go and procreate.if he wanted man ad man to procreate,he wud do it in such a way that d man can get pregnant.so pls all u out there dat are gays, stop it if you dnt want the lliving God to purnish you.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:18am On Dec 07, 2010
It is time Africa accepts that the White Man's Religion accepts Homosexuals and Lesbians as part and parcel of God's Flock. why are we hesitant grin grin
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2010
chizi007:

this is wt i call serious pervertion,this is not d way of GOD oh.for God to have created a woman ad a man ad said to go and procreate.if he wanted man ad man to procreate,he wud do it in such a way that d man can get pregnant.so pls all u out there dat are gays, stop it if you dnt want the lliving God to purnish you.

Well said bruv, though i dont think its easy for them to stop being gay cos that thing is a spirit. "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he". its just like inception, d idea is already planted in their mind, you need som1 to extract it and it is only almighty God that can deliver and extract that thought from their mind.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MrCork7: 11:21am On Dec 07, 2010
IBO people always beat up there womens anyways. they should now be happy they have a gay church.

They can always go there to relive stresss b nyanshing all the Urshers & village elders (no oofeinse)
angry
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is time Africa accepts that the White Man's Religion accepts Homosexuals and Lesbians as part and parcel of God's Flock. why are we hesitant grin grin

did u really think before you typed this crap, why are there still controversies abroad over issues like GAY.

For your information i accept the Holy Bible and nothing other than that.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by slymm(f): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2010
many of you fornicators and fraudsters coming here to spew your anger at gays really amuse me. What makes you think you are better than them? Or do you really believe god is going to say all ye gays, your sins are greater than the rest? Why do you feel the need to rub your beliefs in peoples faces, judge and condemn? Many of you are closet gays, and are so disgusted with yourselves, you direct your anger at those who have the guts to be public about their sexual orientation. You are better than no one.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MrCork7: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
so was wrong wit IBO man Nayanshing IBO man tongue? big deal undecided
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by jmaine: 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

1 John  4:12 says "No one has ever seen God; but if [/b]we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 

[b]So all these people that claim Christianity without love for his brethren does not have the Spirit of God in him
?

My first question to you is this. What is Christianity and how did that name come about ? You should be wise enough to research and answer the question.

My second question is this. . . did you really understand those verses you just quoted ? cos if you did , you post would have been much better that this loose rant.

Ileke-IdI:

The one that turn their lips to God to offer worship and praises, then later turn their lips to man to curse the flesh that God created.

Any true christian with a full understanding of what the bible says will not curse a fellow flesh but will correct or rebuke with love and perseverance any perceived wrong deed from a brethren (2 Timothy 4:2 ). Rebuke or correction is not the same as Judging. . Can you say your parent rebuking or correcting you for a wrong deed is judging you ?. . or let me say. you are trying to tell us now that rebuking a murderer is judgmental and bad.

Ileke-IdI:

Even the latest and seemingly convincing Science and technology is contradictory . So what do you have to say to that. The bible was not written by God ! Yes, but the bible still remains the ancient book whose teachings and history is stil as relevant today as ever. . . Even Juju incantation sef wey people pass down from generation to generation stil dey relevant and e dey work . How much more.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by sley4life(m): 12:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
rubbish. members should be locked up.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by AloyEmeka8: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

1 John  4:12 says "No one has ever seen God; but [b]if [/b]we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

So all these people that claim Christianity without love for his brethren does not have the Spirit of God in him?

Because you tribalists cannot be Christian and lack  the spirit of God, it doesn't mean that everybody is in the same shoe. You have accepted to glorify teh devil in the tribalism section everyday but that doesn't mean we all have accepted the same contract with the devil. What am I saying: there are still real christians. May be you are still mourning Busayo and that is why you make frustrated comments.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2010
jmaine:

My first question to you is this. What is Christianity and how did that name come about ? You should be wise enough to research and answer the question.

My second question is this. . . did you really understand those verses you just quoted ? cos if you did , you post would have been much better that this loose rant.

Any true christian with a full understanding of what the bible says will not curse a fellow flesh but will correct or rebuke with love and perseverance any perceived wrong deed from a brethren (2 Timothy 4:2 ). Rebuke or correction is not the same as Judging. . Can you say your parent rebuking or correcting you for a wrong deed is judging you ?. . or let me say. you are trying to tell us now that rebuking a murderer is judgmental and bad.

Even the latest and seemingly convincing Science and technology is contradictory . So what do you have to say to that. The bible was not written by God ! Yes, but the bible still remains the ancient book whose teachings and history is stil as relevant today as ever. . . Even Juju incantation sef wey people pass down from generation to generation stil dey relevant and e dey work . How much more.

Very well said
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by AloyEmeka8: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Burn the church,arrest the members and jail them for life.mini-animals !

Are you serious? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by MzGreat(f): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2010
The guy is talking out of anger
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by 667: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2010
Embrace me as your god and king and your joy will be endless. i require only that you accepy everything i present in the name of civilization.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Tokotaya: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
Why do they have to call it church? Did they call themselves a church or people assume they are because of their name? It is a cult and if the community does not want a cult in its domain, it is in order to chase them away. Let no one call it a church again, please.
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
Obviously there r a lot of Gays in this FORUM, But GOD Is SUPREME,
Re: Gay Church Opens In Igboland by PupetMasta(m): 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
For all those mentioning Sodom and Gomorrah, I wonder why Europe and America has not gone the way of Sodom and Gomorrah. If you guys are not just Christians by birth you will know that according to the bible, it is a free world, u can choose your path (righteous or sinful). Why should gay people be condemned to hell by the same people that defile their bed with men and women they are not married to. It is all sin and according to the Bible we will all end up in the same hell no matter the kind of sin.
Let the homosexuals be, If the established law of the land does not frown against or condemn the act, then they are free.
Nigeria will be a better place if we can accept ourselves no matter our beliefs and culture as long as it does not infringe on your neighbors right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

No Woman Who Has Used Earrings Has Ever Entered Heaven - Pastor Paul Rika / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected / Tithe – You Are Not Robbing God, Your Pastor Is Robbing God’s People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.