Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,264 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ui Female Lecturer Petitions Jonathan, Nuc Over Alleged Victimization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ui Female Lecturer Petitions Jonathan, Nuc Over Alleged Victimization (517 Views)

Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate / Ministerial List: Submission Of Petitions Against Nominees Begins Tuesday / APC Petitions Jonathan, Alleges Plot To Kill Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ui Female Lecturer Petitions Jonathan, Nuc Over Alleged Victimization by AloyEmeka8: 5:15am On Dec 07, 2010
[size=14pt]UI female lecturer petitions Jonathan, NUC over alleged victimization[/size]
News Monday, December 6, 2010

By Ola Ajayi

BARELY a week after leaving office as the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Olufemi Bamiro has been petitioned by a female lecturer of the institution, Dr. Adenike Ogunshe over alleged assaults and violation of her rights.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/6/305.html

The petitioner who lectures at the Department of Botany and Microbiology

copied President Goodluck Jonathan and the National Universities Commission, NUC, alleging that she had suffered series of individual, collective brutal and unjust victimisation, dehumanisation, oppression and discrimination during the tenure of the immediate VC.

According to her, "at a point in time, the laboratory door to my office was locked so that I could not gain access to the office. I wrote to the VC but the only action taken was to instruct me to send a memo through the acting HOD which was not acted upon.

But, the institution's Registrar, Mrs. Omotayo Ikotun would not want to lower the reputation of the institution by joining issues with the aggrieved lecturer.

She said the petitioner had earlier been summoned by the disciplinary committee of the institution.

Dr. Ogunshe recounted that as a result of the alleged victimization, she lost her "microbial cultures" having spent N75, 000 for the repair of a departmental giant refrigerator in the mycology research laboratory for storage of new sets of microbial cultures "but the acting HOD later tried everything possible to stop me from using the refrigerator".

Describing her alleged victimization as a life threatening one in the 14-page petition, she stated that her ordeal started from when she opposed the former VC's plan to appoint a senior lecturer as the acting Head of her department over a professor.

After the appointment of the senior lecturer as the Acting head of department, she was allegedly sent packing from her office as it was locked up and she could no longer gain access.

She also said, she discovered in February this year that the plug of the fridge which she repaired with her money to keep her collections had been disconnected for a long time because she did not remove her newer microbial cultures from the fridge.

She claimed "I have been spending everything I have on my research studies only to be repeatedly set back in my career by people who have powers to oppress me at will and without any caution or redress."news

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Graft Agency Charges Dick Cheney, Halliburton Boss / Gej Is Inexperienced So Let's Support Experienced Thieves / Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.