Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,374 members, 7,932,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:18 AM

Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects (517 Views)

N21bn Loan Fraud Latest. : Police Issue Order To Arrest Saraki / Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects / Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects by supereagle(m): 6:05am On Dec 11, 2010
Four suspects were paraded by the Nigerian Police Force, Airport Command on Friday in connection with the stolen Direct Data Capture (DDC) machines of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and that they will soon appear in court.

Parading the four suspects, Suleiman Issa, Mrs. Sumonu Modupe, Lawal Lateef and Bamidele Johnson, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Airport command, CP Moses Onireti said they were arrested in the early hours of the day by detectives of the force in various locations in the state.

CP. Onireti said the suspects all arrested in Akowonjo and Shasha areas of Alimosho in Lagos, have all made useful statements and that one Yemi, a computer analyst at the popular computer village whom they sold the items is said to be on the run, “efforts are on to track him down.”
He said 20 Direct Data Capture machine were reported stolen and that they recovered 16 but without the essential parts. What we recovered were empty containers as nothing was seen in the bags containing the computers.
The Commissioner of Police, Moses Onireti said the act could not be described as robbery but a “a constructive theft.”
Speaking with reporters later, a mother of three, Mrs. Modupe Sumonu of Samuel Street, Akowonjo narrated how they came about the computers
“In her words, “they told me they were playing football and Lawal said he wanted to go to toilet, normally they do go there, behind the fence which they share with the airport as their house is close to the boundary of the airport and Shasha. Lawal then called them to come and see something and that was how they came about the computers.

“I asked Lawal and he said as he bent down, he saw a patrol vehicle off-loading something, but he hid from the patrol vehicle as they use to arrest them if they were seen on the tarmac as the place is close to their house.

“Lawal said by the time the patrol left he went to see what they were off-loading and he discovered they were laptops. I asked how many and he told me they were 16. I told them this is dangerous that they should go and return them, but they started shaking, but Suleiman said nothing will happen.

The woman who had once worked as a cleaner at the airport added “Since I don’t know how to operate computer, I said they should bring it out and behind it was written INEC and once he loaded the battery and switched it on, it showed Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I decided to call Yemi from the computer village,and he came; I told him to explain to these boys, Yemi said that this is a federal government property o. Inside the bag was a pair of scissors, CD players,a long camera and another thing they called charger.

“The only regret I have is that I invited Yemi into this case. I and Yemi advised them to return these computers, but they said they can’t do that for fear of what will happen. There and then we all decided that they should be burnt.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/ddc-machines-latest-police-parade-four-suspects/
Re: Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects by supereagle(m): 6:09am On Dec 11, 2010
The woman who had once worked as a cleaner at the airport added “Since I don’t know how to operate computer, I said they should bring it out and behind it was written INEC and once he loaded the battery and switched it on, it showed Federal Republic of Nigeria.

But INEC it was not there own. What a cover up!
Re: Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects by MaJBlige(f): 6:38am On Dec 11, 2010
INEC simply said it was not there own because it hasnt been delivered to them yet.
Re: Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects by supereagle(m): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2010
Ma_J_Blige:

INEC simply said it was not there own because it hasnt been delivered to them yet.

It is still there own.I do not agree with your defense.
Re: Ddc Machines Latest: Police Parade Four Suspects by MaJBlige(f): 6:54am On Dec 11, 2010
defence? I simply stated what INEC said. Not defending anyone.

But of a fact, if you contract an item from someone, and he/she hasnt delivered it to you yet, how can you claim that item is yours, legally speaking?

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Daniel, Kuye’s Truce Parley Flops / 20 Pdp Governors For Jonathan / Make Your Voice Be Heard Against The Sale Of Stolen Artifacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.