Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,364 members, 7,920,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:10 AM

UBA PLC: My Complaints - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA PLC: My Complaints (10671 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by dearstan(m): 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
I SO PASSIONATELY HATE UBA. THEY ARE INGENIOUS THIEVES. I RATHER BANK WITH "LAGBAJA COMMUNITY BANK" THAN UBA angry angry
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mishoo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2007
UBA should do things concerning all these complains. Really. Do they want people to start writing in dailies before they change
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
dont be decieved that uba share price is doing well cos it would soon drop and drop very hard

it is simply over priced right now, just like cardbury was doing stock market fraud some year back so is uba doing theirs now

simply take ur money out of that bank i, i have closed my account with them ever since they robbed me of withdrawing money from another branch
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mrofficial(m): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2007
UBA -----> Useless Bank of Africa
Stupid, Poor service, you will always be on the line as if you are there to beg for food
I can never have an account with them
big for nothing
God punish them
They are thieves
they will definitely rundown in da name of jesus. Amen
better go close your account before it will happen

GTBank is da best
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by kanugab(m): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2007
official:

UBA -----> Useless Bank of Africa
Stupid, Poor service, you will always be on the line as if you are there to beg for food
I can never have an account with them
big for nothing
God punish them
They are thieves
they will definitely rundown in da name of jesus. Amen
better go close your account before it will happen

This is a typical african man faith. I really can't find concrete reason for hating uba. if there are many people at a branch why not go to the nearest branch as i know they have branches scattered all over. may be you went to the branch with old uba staff , try a branch that started with std trust. calling them thieves, have ur money lost there before, involve efcc. praying for them to close, i wonder which God will answer such a prayer. u know how many nigerians that will go under when such happens.

kaecy5 link=topic=56381.msg1161498#msg1161498 date=1180721395:

don't be decieved that uba share price is doing well because it would soon drop and drop very hard

it is simply over priced right now, just like cardbury was doing stock market fraud some year back so is uba doing theirs now

simply take your money out of that bank i, i have closed my account with them ever since they robbed me of withdrawing money from another branch

kaecy5 can u tell us the parameters you use for your analysis. are they fundamental or technical. why not talk something that will ,

I actually don't bank with them. but most of the times i have been to do some other biz, i think their customer services are ok, except when u jam staff from former uba. Those ones , to change might be in another generation
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by dj4wealth: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2007
Merger & Acquisition. Consolidation. I'm sure all these complaints will be taken care of. The case of UBA is having a new wine in old skin. Some of the staff needs to be proper worked on. I had my account swapped from the former Continental Trust Bank and there has never been a problem with them. I was impressed.

I know competition in the banking industry will take care of all these problems.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mellow(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2007
I have asked my immediate elder brother who is a manager

with them to leave that hopeless bank so he will not be hopeless

by virtue of working with them but he will not hear. Now if the wife run out

of Maggi cube at home and she does not have money on her she will ave to wait till

the husband comes home from work cos he does not leave a penny at home. My only

problem is that it is my salary account. And I am going to have to find away to change that.

My brother abroad sent me some money and U BEE APE took almost half of it. That Bank

is a total ripoff and extortionist.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by boladez(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2007
Really, I think, the bank has improved a bit in the last couple of months in terms of Customer service but the CROWDED AND CHAOTIC banking halls are still the trademark of UBA branches in Rivers and Lagos state (which I can attest to).

My own experience was also bitter a couple of months back -  I was charged (MC Fees) for a liquidated fixed deposit I paid to them by cheque!!!!!!

I pray the bank would not go down but improve despite the fact that I can never in my life bank with them . I feel for the many families who earn their livelyhood from  UBA and I just for their sakes hope that UBA would just get better.

I have forwarded this NAIRALAND link to the customer service dept and just hope they would not handle it the UBA WAY.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by boladez(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2007
Really, I think, the bank has improved a bit in the last couple of months in terms of Customer service but the CROWDED AND CHAOTIC banking halls are still the trademark of UBA branches in Rivers and Lagos state (which I can attest to).

My own experience was also bitter a couple of months back -  I was charged (MC Fees) for a liquidated fixed deposit I paid to them by cheque!!!!!!

I pray the bank would not go down but improve despite the fact that I can never in my life bank with them . I feel for the many families who earn their livelyhood from  UBA and I just for their sakes hope that UBA would just get better.

I have forwarded this NAIRALAND link to the customer service dept and just hope they would not handle it the UBA WAY.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2007
UBA PLC is a theiving bank, the only good thing about them is that they have a really wide spread (branches almost everywhere). the first thing i'll do after completing my youth service is closing my account with them grin (i'm just there because of the allawe ish)!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by elampiro(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2007
The major problem with UBA is that of embracing retail banking in its entirety. UBA wants to bank every body in Nigeria. The bank opens account for all classes of people to the extent that they have a product called freedom savings account. Customers open account with zero balances . Also corpers accounts, etc. I don't actually think a bank should run that way. There are banks that if you don't have 50,000 naira you can not open an account. UBA should also set a limit and get a class to reduce the crowd and serve people better.

UBA set a record by being the first nigerian bank to hit a balance sheet of over 1 trillion naira, and also has the highest number of customer. With this, the crowd thing should be expected. As Nigerians embrace electronic banking (cards etc) and the society gets more enlihgtened the crowd thing will reduce. I am a banker and I like using UBA and Zenith whenever I travel. UBA because I can never be stranded, they are very where. Zenith because of attention, they don't have crowd. Zenith staff have all the time in the world to attend to customers.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mellow(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2007
Na dem sabi
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2007
uba are just doing people any how because of their size up till now the atm card they gave me is not working i went
time and time again and they say it is from headquarters and now they say they want to start charging for counter
withdrawals me i will just move all my money to m gtb account if they continue like this it is not right
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Typewriter(m): 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2007
Unlimited Bank Armedrobbers(UBA)
I hate dem like i hate shit, even when you pay Nitel Bills through them.
they will never remit to nitel a/c with them you have to go on waiting for some few months b4 it shows that u have paid.
so I pay through Zenith.

But this one two get problem. b4 u go enter the bank the men at gate will ask u everything on earth. e.g
Zenith gate: are u here for banking?
Me: yes am i not sound enough to know that i want to enter a bank?
Zenith gatemen: depositing or withdrowal
ME; all of the above
Zenith gatemen: Can we see the prove?
Me:so that u'll in form them(casher/manager) of my comming?
Zenith gatemen: is your phone on?
Me: yes but can I put it on Vibration or Off it?
Zenith gatemen:Off it?

then to enter through there glass cabin
I press the green butten it opens and i step in and i here peeeeeeeee
Zenith gatemen: step outside Oga!!!
Zenith gatemen: do you have any metal in your pocket ?
Me: no sirs
Zenith gatemen: do have any metal on you?
Me yes sirs?
Zenith gatemen: where is it?
Me my earings, my belt and the botten of my jeans
Zenith gatemen: remove them
me: wait a minute Joo, You mean i should stip Naked for you? how much are u guys paying?
Zenith gatemen: this one na mad man O!
Me: na una dey mad. why una no put x-ray room so that people go pass through there and una go see Metal where una want see
Zenith gatemen: your go inside joor
Me: I step in again I hear Peeeeeeeeeeeeee
Zenith gatemen: come out side?
Me: to do waithing? you better you manual ignor command cos as i dey here na press go come settle this case.
Zenith gatemen: abeg allow this one enter jaree, na mad man
Me thank U and I entered.
Boy! Banks in Nigeria are mad with technologies that they no fit control.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by jaguda(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2007
As an ex-UBA Staff, i'm not holding brief for them but running through this thread, i 'd like to distinguish between UBA before the Post Consoldation era and the new UBA. The old UBA was lazy, slow but efficient sort of, never in a rush to get customers and but u still got some service out of them. The new Consolidated UBA, headed by Elumelu, on the other hand, wants you to believe they are dynamic, good managers of your funds, upright and the likes that they preach these days in the banking sector, whooooooooooossssssssaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Tony and his gang of cowboys are out to milk the unsuspecting public. I was a marketing staff in the main UBA branch in VI, can u imagine charging customers for withdrawing from their savings account? yes, they say a customer is supposed to withdraw not more than twice a month, any other withdrawal attracts these deductions, i was stunned. and now these deduction u guys are bringing up.

Being a leading bank, i always come down to the banking hall and boy, here u find one big commotion. the issue of ATM cards with UBA branches should be taken up with head office cos the cards issuing system is centralized, slow and painfully , (em, em ,em ,em can get a word for it yet).

We owe it to ourselves and to our fellow nigerians to educate us on issues like dis dat affect our existence within this geographical entity called Nigeria. as they say in Edo state, follow who know road, if u no get head!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by ajayi1(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2007
shew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by uchetobi(f): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2007
O! but lets be reasonable here. We are complaining that the queues are too muche. It seems to me that is what they are trying to resolve by charging for counter transactions. SO that people will be encouraged to use ATMs thereby decongesting the banking hall and we are still complaining. Nigerians you can never satisfy us
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by RichDad1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2007
@Typewriter
You true you talk!!!I don see where zenith Security Guard ask one woman to remove her earing, funny funny world, lol grin grin
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
Unlimited Bank Armedrobbers, how ingenous. They should try and write down all their clauses so that the unsuspecting the public will know how far.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mishoo(m): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2007
@Typewriter, you are a good story teller oooo!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by muyiwabank(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2007
UBA as a bank can never give you what you want
rather you get what they want to give you.

on customer service, pls dont blame those guys there
how can you expect somebody to be happy
when you pay such person peanuts at the end of the month
all in the ame of cotract staff
the services cannot be improved
the little ones you get are because those guys wants to keep their job
i tell you if UBA can improve there staf welfare
they will be the bank to beat in the industry.
for now its just publicity without anything
so people run and take cover in another bank.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by yogun(f): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2007
UBA no b bank O!!!

since STB merger wit UBA everytin just went wrong with their service esp for old customer of STB.

I had to open a GTB since their madness started cos they want to make U pay for everytin dat's not relevant, can U imagine.

Their service is even slower than a snail like 1st bank.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by mishoo(m): 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2007
@all
me thinks its not ok just to rubbish their system without proffering solutions. you are all free to criticise them but since a guy from there may be viewing this topic, just profer answers to them as well. Am a customer and i must confess they havent done me TOO BAD, though their services cant be compared to GTBank et al.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by odedele: 7:46am On Jun 06, 2007
wat is d sence in a bank declaring xcess profit and a trillion balace sheet wen all dis money is gotten tru xploting ur customers.i av never liked uba onces.pls try other customer friendly banks like firstinland or gt
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2007
the merger killed the bank unlike the others that the merger uplifted

funny enough i went to first bank first time after the merger and i was surprised i did not spend up to 5 mins i was stunned is this first bank or wat
but uba on the other hand , u would see long queues as soon as u enter the banking hall

like i said earlier about their stocks, we could pick an idea from wat happened to cardbury, corporate fraud, over pricing of shares

uba depends mostly on govt funds, we have new govt now very soon we would know if or if not the new govt would continue to use uba, cos the way i was seeing Oceanic Md (ibru) around yar-adua during campaigns u might wonder if govt funds wont shift to Oceanic
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Mamajama(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2007
People can you please tell me why you can't reset your account password on UBADIRECT? it took 1 month for this useless bank to reset my password. i will close all my accounts once I get back to Nigeria this bank is as useless as toilet paper. The branch in New York told me I have to call Nigeria in order to get a password reset, how perthetic
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by stkris(m): 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2007
:d
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Prince22(m): 2:17am On Jun 09, 2007
Tx to all for this trend UBA is a confused Bank with Bad human relation, you found it had in theie Branches when you need any in formation, no one will attend to you. Most especially, they are always in NETWORK TROUBLE.

Any money into your account with UBA that will not fetch them interest will not be allow.

I think they also added to poor Nigerians POVERTY!!!!!.

Thank you all for this Trend.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 11, 2007
There is No bank worse than UBA!!!! So far , it is the WORST bank i have ever encountered; They are just so FULL OF SHIT!! I mean, they just introduce stupid and unreasonable policies at any time. There was a time that if u had less than 5k in ur acct, u get charged 50naira for any transaction- seems most pple didn't know abt it then (arnd mid last yr or so). Now if u have less than 20k u get charge dfore any over-the-counter transaction , oya now give me ATM that i requested for since March 2006 and RE-requested for Sept 2006. No way ooh!! Giving me fucking excuses, so tey it got to a point that the 'customer care' girl starts quarreling with me claiming i insulted her whereas what i said was that her first response to me was unbecoming of her post. Some customer care INDEED. To even close the acct sef is some issue, cos they'll swallow about 700naira from the min. balance of 1000 left in the acct. They are just fucking bastards andf thieves. I propose the bank shld be closed sef.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by kenechi22(m): 2:21am On Jun 11, 2007
Men i tot i was the only casualty of U.B.A.The useless branch at 7/8 bustop Ajao estate is full of shit.When u go there the way they will be doin wl look as if u came to beg them for ur own money u logged into their Useless bank.I ve always say that U.B.A is not a good bank. Come to think of it their M/D is a renowned fraudster we all know that.I will check my account wt them.Please lets all take this this matter serious.I advise people to go to GTB and opened a new bank account me am withdrawing my account wt them.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Gettolove(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2007
The last day i have visited any of the bank's branches was when a stupid fellow at  the counter told me she could not find my mandate on her system, i then asked her how that would be my own problem, she just fashied me and called the next person on the queue. I was mad and paranoid, i created a scene and made sure i got the attension of the branch manager who came out with a big tommy and calm me down. I vex that day so tey, i dash them my hard earned money (balance). I have been using GTB since then and luckily for me it is PONZI inclined grin
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by manoy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2007
kkkk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Becoming A Dstv Super Dealer : : / Diaspora Nigerians Remit $21bn For 2015 / Petrol Queue Resurfaces In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.