Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace (66426 Views)

Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Harry And Meghan Angry As Their Kids, Archie And Lillibet Won't Get HRH Titles / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2020
marvin906:

yawwwwwwwnnnnnn..
it's too early to start showing how your mom did a bad job of raising an imbeci.le
like I said please fly away from my zone..
and spread your stupidity elsewhere..
lol , isn't that stale? My mum raised me well but i can't say same for you ,tho. Seems you like projecting your reality to others to the extent you will deny your reflection in the mirror grin

i dont remember inviting you into my mentions ,you "flew " in by yourself or is your brain that slow? And lest i forget only a re@red will claim the internet as his zone grin
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2020
Zooposki:
Imagine what must have made Meghan flee such luxurious life. She has rejected all royal titles, money etc. She said keep them and fled for her life. She did not even wait for the meeting with the queen. Just wondering.
She fled cause she's guilty. She believes she can make more money from those titles and now she's lost them.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:39am On Jan 19, 2020
callthefred:
Women and destruction are like twins. Imagine how they find a way to destroy great families and relationships. The Psquare issue, Plantasun boys, Biggie and Tupac beefs...no all the way to the British monarchy. I fear una o
Don't forget troy
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 10:41am On Jan 19, 2020
Reference:

What are you saying. The BRF is an institution with laid down rules concerning succession which Harry will have been aware of since he began using a fork and spoon. And these are not the dark ages where warmongering determined who had the throne so there simplycannot be any bad blood between William and HHarry as to the throne just as thete is absolutely none between Charles and Andrew just as there is none between HRH Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne her sister.

No one is jealous of the other and certainly in the modern era there no one is remotely thinking of changing the order of succession. Thanks to HRH Queen Elizabeth the BRF has come to a degree of stability and she has do e evrything to ensure the throne remains firmly in the House of Windsor which it wasn't always.

When you walk into an institution with your eyes open you surely must be prepared for a change in the way you think, speak and act. That is normal. What is abnormal is you exoecting the institution to vhange overnight just because you joined, an institution over a thousand years old, with hundreds of active practitioners. If she felt she was going to modernise it and de-radicalise it then she should have been prepared for a long, hard battle. But it is evident she wasn't.

Why then criticise the institution that she was attracted to in the first place.

modernise it ? Radicalise it? Lol have you seen Harry's past?

I cant remember Harry wanting to succeed his brother,instead he wants out ,so your write up is off point

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by realestniggah: 10:41am On Jan 19, 2020
Truthbites:
Let me see how far their hard work and Independence take them to .

They wont stave trust me

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Sterope(f): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2020
Are we talking about a future king or someone that is 6th in line?

Also, Obama's situation is very different from Harry and Megan's. One is temporary, the otger is permanent. They have years and family life before them. Now, they can sue defamtors to penury grin

Also, happiness and privacy may not be your ultimate goals in life. To someone else, they are very important.

peacettw:

The American press was more evil to Obama and his family but he went for a second term. He didn't resign and secede as an American.

No amount of reason will ever make this right.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by peacettw: 10:45am On Jan 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
modernise it ? Radicalise it? Lol have you seen Harry's past?

I cant remember Harry wanting to succeed his brother,instead he wants out ,so your write up is off point

On the contrary, his write up points to the fact that at the end of the day, we all must admit that Meghan remains the sole variable that tipped the scale which led to this current chain of events.

I will like to think that both are to be blamed but then again, who am I kidding.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Sterope(f): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2020
How has she sought to modernise it? Are you the cockroach in Meghan's cupboard?

Reference:

What are you saying. The BRF is an institution with laid down rules concerning succession which Harry will have been aware of since he began using a fork and spoon. And these are not the dark ages where warmongering determined who had the throne so there simplycannot be any bad blood between William and HHarry as to the throne just as thete is absolutely none between Charles and Andrew just as there is none between HRH Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne her sister.

No one is jealous of the other and certainly in the modern era there no one is remotely thinking of changing the order of succession. Thanks to HRH Queen Elizabeth the BRF has come to a degree of stability and she has do e evrything to ensure the throne remains firmly in the House of Windsor which it wasn't always.

When you walk into an institution with your eyes open you surely must be prepared for a change in the way you think, speak and act. That is normal. What is abnormal is you exoecting the institution to vhange overnight just because you joined, an institution over a thousand years old, with hundreds of active practitioners. If she felt she was going to modernise it and de-radicalise it then she should have been prepared for a long, hard battle. But it is evident she wasn't.

Why then criticise the institution that she was attracted to in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Reference(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2020
cococandy:
But who said she was trying to modernize the royal family?

Ah Coco, that has been the talk around her marriage to Harry by those who saw it as a good thing in parts of the media. But one can understand that those parts are a bit in a flux since the attachments to the BRF have been torpedoed.

Just like when Diana was rumoured to be pregnant for Dodi and then met her untimely there were sections who insinuated that she was assasinated to prevent a muslim born heir.

Look society views these things very diametrically. Some will want to preserve these great institutions, some others will want them ended or want them recreated in their own image. That is essentially the battle in the minds of onlookers.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Sterope(f): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2020
Blame for the vitriol directed against them while the royal family stood back and watched.

Well, lets continue to blame the victims.

peacettw:

On the contrary, his write up points to the fact that at the end of the day, we all must admit that Meghan remains the sole variable that tipped the scale which led to this current chain of events.

I will like to think that both are to be blamed but then again, who am I kidding.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2020
peacettw:

blame who you want ,its not new ,have you heard of this comment "na im wife dey control am" ,well that is to tell you ,its not new ,wives have always been blamed even here in Nigeria. If a man lives too peacefully with his wife and is supportive of her,she has to have charmed him and controls him ,says the average Nigerian.

Like i have said before, in the end, its only witches and wizards that are waiting to hear the next bad news about them.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Reference(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:

Not me. I don't command the media both press and social. That was the talk back then when she was in. The new Diana she was called. But now she has quit it is understandable folks are now in denial. The truth remains that a section of the British public wants the monarchy gone. Others want its influence as shallow as the other monarchies of Europe and others want it to stay and remain as traditional as its roots are.

What I am saying is. If you are going to cause an effect on that institutions by union you certainly cannot do that by quitting. Something obviously has happened in the past one year that has tipped the couple over the edge amd made them leave. If it was as fundamental as concerning Harry he woukd have left before he married Megan. She is certainly involved in his decision. His leaving is essentially about her.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by peacettw: 10:56am On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:
Are we talking about a future king or someone that is 6th in line?

Also, Obama's situation is very different from Harry and Megan's. One is temporary, the otger is permanent. They have years and family life before them. Now, they can sue defamtors to penury grin

Also, happiness and privacy may not be your ultimate goals in life. To someone else, they are very important.

Happiness and privacy are all relative constructs. Who among us can claim to be truly happy or absolutely private in their dealings? Again, many researchers have pointed out that in the science of happiness, to be constantly happy is in itself a disease and not normal. To be human means having to create that fine balance between what we call happiness and 'normalcy'.

It hardly ever matters if one is poor, rich, 6th in line to the throne or an ex president. At the end of it all, we all will have to face whatever life throws at us. Creating that balance remains the vital key to survival and not throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

3 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Reference(m): 11:01am On Jan 19, 2020
peacettw:

Exactly. He has a life full of media scrutiny before he met her. He never liked it but we didn't hear of his leaving until well after his marraige. He surprised even his father Prince Charles. It is clear he intends to make a life outside the BRF so be it.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by kayjay69(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2020
I think they would be better off on their own. Everyone who knows a thing or two about the UK (especially the English part) know that they are deep down a racist bunch and they never accepted Markle and they never will.
Also, Harry knows who killed his mother and unlike his brother William, who is more concerned about being the good boy of the family in the hope that one day he achieves king status, Harry is more approachable and relatable like his late mother was.
Just to show you how twisted the English public are, some have been barking about how expensive it is to maintain the monarchy, as soon as Harry and Meghan announce they'd like to leave, they pounce upon her as the source of this. Pick a side and stick to it.

I am certain they have smart advisers and they will make whatever lost revenues from other avenues. By choosing to walk away from this, they'll do just fine and still continue to make headlines in whatever the choose to do.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:

the thing tire me too o. She sought to modernise it ,to radicalise it,omo see strong words.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by peacettw: 11:05am On Jan 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
blame who you want ,its not new ,have you heard of this comment "na im wife dey control am" ,well that is to tell you ,its not new ,wives have always been blamed even here in Nigeria. If a man lives too peacefully with his wife and is supportive of her,she has to have charmed him and controls him ,says the average Nigerian.

Like i have said before, in the end, its only witches and wizards that are waiting to hear the next bad news about them.

The rest of the world and I are very familiar with the quote. I will like to think that Meghan, a divorcee, is also very familiar with it as well. Can u blame us for acting according to script? Can she say that she didn't know that this will happen?

Oh and incase you may be wondering..allow me to inform you on time that if this goes down the drain, Meghan will be blamed as well.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2020
kayjay69:
I think they would be better off on their own. Everyone who knows a thing or two about the UK (especially the English part) know that they are deep down a racist bunch and they never accepted Markle and they never will.
Also, Harry knows who killed his mother and unlike his brother William, who is more concerned about being the good boy of the family in the hope that one day he achieves king status, Harry is more approachable and relatable like his late mother was.
Just to show you how twisted the English public are, some have been barking about how expensive it is to maintain the monarchy, as soon as Harry and Meghan announce they'd like to leave, they pounce upon her as the source of this. Pick a side and stick to it.

I am certain they have smart advisers and they will make whatever lost revenues from other avenues. By choosing to walk away from this, they'll do just fine and still continue to make headlines in whatever the choose to do.
lol they wanted "megxit" just didn't realize their prince was willing to leave with her.

2 Likes

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 11:13am On Jan 19, 2020
peacettw:

The rest of the world and I are very familiar with the quote. I will like to think that Meghan, a divorcee, is also very familiar with it as well. Can u blame us for acting according to script? Can she say that she didn't know that this will happen?

Oh and incase you may be wondering..allow me to inform you on time that if this goes down the drain, Meghan will be blamed as well.
sure she will be blamed for luring him from the palace ,sucking him dry and abandoning him in a foreign land ,ain't your brothers saying it here already? I know that very well which is why i could careless about what anyone says ,cos as far as Megan is concerned she just cant do anything right,she is in the position of the typical Nigerian
Wife unpopular to her inlaws just that hers is a larger scale.

Harry really did a number on people like you tho, imagine marrying a divorcee, an american with no connection with high society, a cheap actress, and half black (even tho she is seen as a black person).such guts i must say grin

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Sterope(f): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2020
Media is the reason celebrities lead hard lives.

You can not form academic on people's lives especially those who are not new to scrutinised lives and who are going through what you would never experience.

Like I stated, you are talking about the 6th in line, whose mother was vilified, and technically murdered by the same media.

peacettw:

Happiness and privacy are all relative constructs. Who among us can claim to be truly happy or absolutely private in their dealings? Again, many researchers have pointed out that in the science of happiness, to be constantly happiness is in itself a disease and not normal. To be human means having to create that fine balance between what we call happiness and 'normalcy'.

It hardly ever matters if one is poor, rich, 6th in line to the throne or an ex president. At the end of it all, we all will have to face whatever life throws at us. Creating that balance remains the vital key to survival and not throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Izigha(m): 11:23am On Jan 19, 2020
he that fine a wife, fine a good thing. Harry have not fined a wife. its is not Toronto? she will end up cheating on him with those randy actors in Toronto, he also will do his cheating, probably with those hot west indies will girls that are in every nook and corners of Toronto. las las she will divorce him grin grin
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by peacettw: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
sure she will be blamed for luring him from the palace ,sucking him dry and abandoning him in a foreign land ,ain't your brothers saying it here already? I know that very well which is why i could careless about what anyone says ,cos as far as Megan is concerned she just cant do anything right,she is in the position of the typical Nigerian
Wife unpopular to her inlaws just that hers is a larger scale.

Harry really did a number on people like you tho, imagine marrying a divorcee, an american with no connection with high society, a cheap actress, and half black (even tho she is seen as a black person).such guts i must say grin

grin I wish them the best. Truly, because they they will need it badly. If they succeed, it will be a benchmark for other royals who may want to do the same. If they don't, well let's hope they do.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Ladycewhy(f): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2020
peacettw:

grin I wish them the best. Truly, because they they will need it badly. If they succeed, it will be a benchmark for other royals who may want to do the same. If they don't,, let's hope they do.
In the end i can only wish them well and face my own life, unlike some witches and wizards who will have their ears to the ground waiting for bad news. Lol.

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by jesmond3945: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

I don't watch BBC though I have been to the UK. The British media is a hallucination of people who expect to eat their cake and have it. Everyone is subject to the media wherever they are. But this woman courted them and expected good comments for her destructive relationships. When people didn't fawn over her, she began the fake tears and needing to step away while trying to retain the wealth and status.
you are subject to the media and not me. it doesnt define anyone, they give you a narrative which they expect you to take. thank God for people like Dr shola, we need more people like her and not you. You can join the bandwagon created by the media and people like piers morgan. I hope you know both decided to step away and not meghan.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by peacettw: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:
Media is the reason celebrities lead hard lives.

You can not form academic on people's lives especially those who are not new to scrutinised lives and who are going through what you would never experience.

Like I stated, you are talking about the 6th in line, whose mother was vilified, and technically murdered by the same media.

Well, I have learnt the hard way that one cannot completely be rid of family and that they too play a role in one's emotional state.

Harry may want to leave now cos he is yet to experience life as a commoner but a day will come when he will yearn to go back to his old life once he has had his fill of this social experiment. When that time comes, he will be welcomed back with fanfare and the headlines awash with how the prodigal son has returned. Noone will remember Meghan instead she will be vilified so terribly.

Bikonu, if that is what you all want for this young couple. Then so be it. I am tired of constructing grammar to prove my point and just want to enjoy this Sunday peacefully.
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by jesmond3945: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Did they call the child names because he's a member of the royal family or because they(the press) are just vile and evil people? Those are just excuses. Meghan a twice divorced Hollywood actress feels they can do better with the royal titles than being a member of the royal family offers them. Well... Even the title is now gone
it is called institutional racism. she is divorced once.
she doesnt need the title, she is made.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by jesmond3945: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2020
GraGra247:

You totally missed my point. If she's a great woman she wouldn't bring confusion and division in the British monarchy.
here goes another fan of piers morgan.

1 Like

Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:34am On Jan 19, 2020
pocohantas:

It is just a way of covering up their emptiness. They do it on every topic to be fair on them. Rather than sit it out and allow people in the know comment- so that others can read and learn. They will occupy the whole thread with retarted comments.

How does someone with a functional brain enter a thread like this and type "fear women".
Cause women are to be feared.
Just look at you for example. Your signature says mistress of evil. Now say, are we expected to love you or fear you?
Re: Harry And Meghan Will No Longer Use Official Titles - Buckingham Palace by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol ,i was just laughing when i saw the comment. Many guys on this forum are ret@rded ,sadly the sensible ones are not as vocal as the ones who are quick to make moronic comments.
Of course you'll laugh. Witches laugh before confessing

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

June Ruto Weds Alexander Ezenagu (Pictures) / Stella Nyanzi Teaches Daughter About Condom Usage (Photos) / Robert Trump Is Dead! US President’s Younger Brother Dies At 71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.