Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,044 members, 7,925,271 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 12:57 PM

Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race (15661 Views)

Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth / Old Igbo Men And Black Half Shimi / Photos: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is All Shades Of Handsome In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Kennyswag:
were is your fact? Don't bring wikipedia list here

Go and buy a research book written by Prof. Douglas Chambers known as Murder at Montpelier: Igbo Africans in Virginia. University Press of Mississippi. You will see it there.

If you can't afford the book, check out this snippet Based on DNA studies, an estimated 80 percent of African Americans (about 35 million) could have some Igbo or Hausa ancestry. Therefore, 60 percent of them, according to historian Douglas B. Chambers, could have at least one Igbo ancestor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people_in_the_Atlantic_slave_trade

So basically, I am correct in stating that around 60% of African Americans have some Igbo DNA in them

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Kennyswag: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
OfoIgbo:
[s]

Igbos are not short.

Igbos are even above average.

Yorubas are also average. The same goes for most Nigerians.

For a man, anything from 5ft 7 to 5ft 11 is average.

But Igbo men are by far, more handsome than Yoruba men. It is genetic.

Bring out a bunch of Yorubas and Igbos whose grand parents and parents are all Igbo or Yoruba, and it will be so obvious that Igbos are multiple steps, above the Yorubas, when it comes to handsomeness grin grin[/s]
igbos are short.. Yoruba and Hausa are taller than igbos grin grin
And I don't know what you mean by handsomeness because mr ibu and ikpeazu are both igbos grin grin
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Kennyswag: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
OfoIgbo:
[s]

Go and buy a research book written by Prof. Douglas Chambers known as Murder at Montpelier: Igbo Africans in Virginia. University Press of Mississippi. You will see it there.

If you can't afford the book, check out this snippet Based on DNA studies, an estimated 80 percent of African Americans (about 35 million) could have some Igbo or Hausa ancestry. Therefore, 60 percent of them, according to historian Douglas B. Chambers, could have at least one Igbo ancestor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people_in_the_Atlantic_slave_trade

So basically, I am correct in stating that around 60% of African Americans have some Igbo DNA in them[/s]
stop quoting wikipedia.. bring me something more genuine like CNN, BBC, or any other recognized websites not this trash grin grin
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Kennyswag: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wizzzzmike:

it's shocking lol...they also says majority of Jamaicans are Nigerians its really funny
they are fools.. majority of Jamaicans are Ghanaians , while majority of AA are from the senegambia, nigeria and ghana
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Kennyswag:
stop quoting wikipedia.. bring me something more genuine like CNN, BBC, or any other recognized websites not this trash grin grin

Then contact University of Virginia and try and secure the research book written by Prof. Douglas Chambers, known as Murder at Montpelier.

You will read it there. The research book will be way more authentic than BBC or CNN as they are just news websites, while Prof. Chambers is into History and culture.

Now I will also want you to show me an evidence to back up your assertion that Ghanaians and Gambians make up the majority of AAs. No wikipedia or any yahoo-yahoo page. No CNN or BBC. I am interested in proper research work by a qualified historian, with at least a Phd

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Kennyswag:
igbos are short.. Yoruba and Hausa are taller than igbos grin grin
And I don't know what you mean by handsomeness because mr ibu and ikpeazu are both igbos grin grin

Can you imagine? So out of the 45+ million Igbos, you only found 2 or 3 ugly ones.

I can practically hit the streets of Lagos. The first 10 Yorubas I encounter will be uglier than Mr. Ibu.

Hausas and Yorubas are not tall.

Fulanis are lanky and that tends to make them seem taller.

Igbos are taller and way more handsome than Yorubas

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Shiver99: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
OfoIgbo:

To make it into this list, all of the person's grandparents and parents must be from the same ethnic group.
Yorubas always like to bring up hybrids as Yorubas. We will need to know that grandparents and parents are also Yorubas, before such a person can be considered.

I can't look at the entire family history of each person here. I got them from Igbo pages, and Igbos rarely mix, even abroad, so that is pretty much assumed.

But, I see what you mean by that, Igbos are really the only people that are confident and proud about their looks that take the effort to post pure Igbos.

When Nigerians on this board are competing with Igbo people in terms of looks, you see Northerners posting people with Yemeni/Lebanese blood, Yorubas posting people with British blood and the others trying to scrounge up as many half-breeds as they can.

Very odd sight to see.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2020
Shiver99:

I can't look at the entire family history of each person here. I got them from Igbo pages, and Igbos rarely mix, even abroad, so that is pretty much assumed.

But, I see what you mean by that, Igbos are really the only people that are confident and proud about their looks that take the effort to post pure Igbos.

When Nigerians on this board are competing with Igbo people in terms of looks, you see Northerners posting people with Yemeni/Lebanese blood, Yorubas posting people with British blood and the others trying to scrounge up as many half-breeds as they can.

Very odd sight to see.

That is usually the Yoruba way, FORGERY and SHADOWINESS, as observed by Sir Willink many decades ago.

It also pains them that up to 60% of AA have Igbo blood in them. Can you imagine them claiming that majority of AAs are drawn from The Gambia and Ghana, who all of a sudden changed their physical appearance in the US?

I am still waiting for them to show me the research work that proves that AAs are chiefly drawn from Ghana and The Gambia.

Tomorrow they may bring in a Kemi Adeosun-equivalent researcher's work, as proof, to back their 419 stance.
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Kennyswag: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Can you imagine? So out of the 45+ million Igbos, you only found 2 or 3 ugly ones.

I can practically hit the streets of Lagos. The first 10 Yorubas I encounter will be uglier than Mr. Ibu.

Hausas and Yorubas are not tall.

Fulanis are lanky and that tends to make them seem taller.

Igbos are taller and way more handsome than Yorubas
delusions.. northerners and y orubas are taller and handsome than igbos
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
delusions.. northerners and y orubas are taller and handsome than igbos

Why are you feeling this inferior?

Why can't you stand alone? Why are you bringing in northerners into this and mixing them with Yorubas?
The same northerners that will start posting cross-breeds with northern Africans

Why not speak for Yorubas? Why not start a thread to show us full-blooded Yorubas, that are verifiable?
Don't show us Yoruba cross-breeds with Igbos or Europeans also.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Wizzzzmike: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
OfoIgbo:

That is usually the Yoruba way, FORGERY and SHADOWINESS, as observed by Sir Willink many decades ago.

It also pains them that up to 60% of AA have Igbo blood in them. Can you imagine them claiming that majority of AAs are drawn from The Gambia and Ghana, who all of a sudden changed their physical appearance in the US?

I am still waiting for them to show me the research work that proves that AAs are chiefly drawn from Ghana and The Gambia.

Tomorrow they may bring in a Kemi Adeosun-equivalent researcher's work, as proof, to back their 419 stance.

no one will show you nothing... do your research very well before you talk cuz your embarrassing yourself lol
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by OfoIgbo: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wizzzzmike:

no one will show you nothing... do your research very well before you talk cuz your embarrassing yourself lol

YES, just like Kemi Adeosun did not show us her NYSC certificate
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Wizzzzmike: 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
OfoIgbo:

YES, just like Kemi Adeosun did not show us her NYSC certificate
Dude I'm not a Nigerian and I don't care about that
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by jayaim: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Go & sit down. All tribes have handsome men, u think to be fair is handsome? Very funny. Idoma guys will beat Igbo guys hands down if it comes to handsome. E.g 2baba. Yoruba guys too handsome
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by Alfo65: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2021
Shame this thread brought out so many pained trolls.
Re: Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race by mace11: 1:33am On Feb 19, 2022
OfoIgbo:

No they are not.

It is estimated that over 60% of AA have Igbo blood in them.

Even looks-wise, AA resemble Igbos more than they resemble Ghanaians and Gambians.
I am aware that there is also some European DNA in AAs which will more than likely, make Ghanaians and Gambians to start assuming Igbo looks, but the over 60% Igbo DNA in AA remains a very strong factor.

It clear that african americans look like the africans they come from.Blacks or African blacks are the most diverse looking folks on the planet anyway.

The average admixture rate for african americans looking at the some studies above is lower then 20%,it is around 12%,and i have seen studies that said the average was 10% and others say 15 to 17% on average depending on who is doing the study,so clearly the admixture study varies,but 12% to 10% is more accurate to me.I just wanted to mention this or be clear about this,because from what i read recently and got from some dna experts is that some african americans by the way do not have european admixture at all,and for those that do, the admixture levels on average is lower then folks think looking at the study above, just saying.Most african americans do not have any form of native american dna by the way looking at that study.

​Not all african americans have european dna.It's about 80's or less.If you include other black americans it's even less than that.Most other black americans who are not african american by the way are unmixed blacks.Anyway some folks believe most ethnic african americans do not have any european dna at all and most really unmixed blacks.
Note-in fantasy superhero comics like dc,marvel etc..most african/black americans and most whites americans are unmixed anyway.Keep mind those are alternate universe where in dc for example earth 2 south africa was free earlier and in one alternate universe in marvel for example there is a earth that is still all black.
Most african americans have some form european admixture(most do not have european admixture in comics,cartoons and characters that are played in live action movies and shows however).
There are questions if most have some form of admixture or not in real life(our universe).Most that have admixture is not a huge admixture anyway(so the recent european admixture had no impact on the phenotype of most african americans) and they look or most look like the ethnic groups they come from in africa anyway.
Africans vary from all types of looks.In africa you could see africans(depending on the ethnic group and individuals) that look more like african americans.I should say african americans look more like the africans they come from.
Africans have the most diverse look on earth from phenotype to skin tone and size..Some folks forget that.
There are unmixed black africans with varied skin tones and some are brown skin to light skin who are unmixed.
Note-when i say european admixture,i am talking from those that look white.Not from first pre-historic europeans were originally black anyway since they further you go back the only humans on earth were black africans.

This was written from someone else.
quote-

The facial composites look well within the range of what can be seen
among African-Americans and Nigerians.
Not even a 10% white nordic influence would affect
affect any average.
Any type of admixture is only noticeable at the >25% range.

So it is not 20%
So it seems that 25% and up recent european admixture is needed to change the phenotype of blacks,but not always of course.Of course unmixed blacks with more of a european look it would be the same for them too.

African people have a range of physical variation and don't need any inspiration or mixes from cold-climate/light skinned Europeans or Asiatics to explain why. Features like narrow noses, thin lips, height etc are all indigenous to Africa. Africa has both the highest phenotypic diversity and the highest genetic diversity in the world and don’t need cold-climate/light skin inspiration for that established fact. All cold-climate/light skinned Europeans and Asiatics are SUBSETS of original African diversity.
(Keita 2004; Tishkoff 2002, Ely et al, 2006, Stevanovitch 2004)

African peoples are the most diverse in the world whether analyzed by DNA or skeletal or cranial methods. (Keita 1996;Rethelford, 2001; Bianchi 2004, Yurco 1989; Godde 2009)

Note-in superhero sci-fi- fantasy comics most african americans are unmixed blacks, racism is less then in the real world and alot more blacks live in north africa then they do in the real world but those are different universes,with alot of different history,more advance technological achievements etc..
Of course writers jobs is to focus on superhero stories and not bring in to much real world stories,politics,dna stuff etc.. in comics.Besides the comic industry and many of the characters were created before most folks knew anything about dna etc..,so writers in the past and today still keep simple as possible when it comes to background, history etc..
Of course alot of blacks still live in north africa today,they just the not majority anymore like they were in the past and at one time they were the only population in north africa.

Alot of white americans have recent african admixture and some have native american/asian.I wonder why this not mention often.Hmmm.
Most or close to a majority of white americans would have admixture as well if you add latino/hispanic white americans but if it is over 50% of white american(including latinos) it will be barely a majority.
I read recently most do have outside other race admixture.
Even in comics most white americans do not have admixture or not even close to a majority even if most do real life.

For the african americans that do have admixture the admixture rate is low on average like 10 to 18% i think.
Or 10 to 12 /14%.
So it is clear that european dna did not change phenotype or skin tone for the average african american.For european dna to change phenotype of blacks it must be 25% european dna or more and sometimes that not enough.

DC-Africana-Appreciation-Vol-2
https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?137180-DC-Africana-Appreciation-Vol-2/page15

Note-most northern nigerians are unmixed blacks by the way or let me put it this way, most do not have admixture from other races.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hey See More About Igala People / Should Onitsha Igbo Be Igbo Izugbe? / Showcasing Bonny(ibani) Culture-

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.